CA-Sandra Cantu Missing 3/28/2009 from Tracy,#5

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think the perp is close/lives close. Not a stranger outside the park. Just seems to me we have too many of these newly developing missing/found murdered cases of children being victimized.

When I saw Sandra's Mama on tv, I immediately told myself this is how parents act when a child is missing. Sad. I have a feeling we'll be seeing an arrest sooner than later in this particular case.

My thoughts exactly-- this little girl's family loved her and each other. Its so painful to see it on tv and know that it has happened, its another to actually have it happen to you. There is nothing that can prepare a family for this, but I tell there is love there stronger than this evil act.

From what I can gather, the pastor and his family live in the park. According to the press conference, the suitcase was found at 10am and the pastor was questioned around 7 or 8pm. Several of the reporters were asking if the pastor or someone in his family had reported a suitcase missing, and LE denied knowing that. The presser was more about saying information coming out was erroneous and that everyone they speak to is a person of interest.

More than that. His house was taped off last night and alot of items removed. His church has been taped off since last night and LE is awaiting a CSI team to process it. A shed on church property has been searched and was called a crime scene last night.

hmmmm....I think if I lived in that park, and had kids, I'd be terrified. Per LE, it could be any number of people who live right there!
I think they KNOW on a gut level. Just waiting for some proof.

Snipped from:
http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/ap/top/all/6363333.html
Bolded by me

Connie Lawless said the couple was fully cooperating with police. She said investigators took phones and a computer, among other items, from their home.

"We're very open to them taking whatever they want," she said. "We feel the more people they can eliminate, the quicker they will be able to get to the truth."

Connie Lawless said they had nothing to do with the girl's abduction.

"She was the sweetest little thing. It breaks it our hearts to think that anyone would take such a tiny little thing and abuse her and murder her," she said.

Did she miss speak...
We don't know anything about ("abuse")what was done to Sandra before her murder.

Yes, that is a very curious statement. Obviously she was murdered but there has been no indication of abuse. That will take weeks to be released along with the cause of death. Hopefully the bag being in the water does not hinder the ability to determine these things.

hmmmm....I think if I lived in that park, and had kids, I'd be terrified. Per LE, it could be any number of people who live right there!

sheesh I know! even if they find and arrest only one guy what about all those others that were raising alarm bells...

My thoughts exactly-- this little girl's family loved her and each other. Its so painful to see it on tv and know that it has happened, its another to actually have it happen to you. There is nothing that can prepare a family for this, but I tell there is love there stronger than this evil act.
I will put my head on the plastter and say that I think this is someone local. Someone who knew the little girl well enough that she didn't put up a fight. Someone who knew the area well enough to know to take remains out of town onto ag land and dump them in a retaining pond. This is not a stranger-abduction imo.

Sandra's remains were in the bag they found in the pond so I guess I don't understand what you mean?

My point being, he's not going to tell us anything until he's good and ready. And if that's what he needs to do to keep the investigation uncompromised, I'm all for it.

Having said that, they are questioning people repeatedly and executing searches, so he has to acknowledge the speculation.

IMO

IMO, the pastor, his home and church are under scrutiny for a reason. They came under scrutiny immediately after the presser last night. The CSI team not getting to the church yet has held things up. LE does have a prime suspect IMO. They just are not going to tell us until an arrest is made.
I agree.

"Pursuing the 60 known Tracy child *advertiser censored* traffickers would, without question, lead to the rescue of many local children who are suffering at the hands of sexual predators, many within their own homes. If authorities follow through on their plan, they will seek 60 subpoenas and then locate and interview these individuals. Tracy could then expect a wave of successful child *advertiser censored* and child abuse investigations and prosecutions. "

Wow, that is frightening. Go, Tracy LE, Go.

his demeanor was markedly different....i think he's getting a little peeved at all of the media speculation. welcome to the world of a high-profile case, buddy. i kinda like him...he definitely controls the pressers.

I agree his demeanor was markedly different. We must keep in mind that he is probably exhausted, as are other LE. And the finding of Sandra would certainly be very emotionally draining, not to mention having to interact with the family, etc. BUT even still, his demeanor is much different from last night and this morning. ESPECIALLY after being asked about the they vs him or person vs people comments.

Very interesting.

Salem

PS - I hope it is because all of LE are kicking themselves in the rear for not arresting the 60 child *advertiser censored* creeps, IF that story is true, before this happened.

Snipped:

The speed at which decomposition occurs varies greatly. Factors such as temperature, humidity, and the season of death all determine how fast a fresh body will skeletonize or mummify. A basic guide for the effect of environment on decomposition is given as Casper's Law (or Ratio): when there is free access of air a body decomposes twice as fast than if immersed in water and eight times faster than if buried in earth.

http://www.absoluteastronomy.com/topics/Decomposition

Yes, that is a very curious statement. Obviously she was murdered but there has been no indication of abuse. That will take weeks to be released along with the cause of death. Hopefully the bag being in the water does not hinder the ability to determine these things.

it was said earlier on hln today that because they did not open up the case they waited until the medical ex could do it...that most of the forensics would be zipped up in that case....LE did a good job waiting to open the case:clap:

"Pursuing the 60 known Tracy child *advertiser censored* traffickers would, without question, lead to the rescue of many local children who are suffering at the hands of sexual predators, many within their own homes. If authorities follow through on their plan, they will seek 60 subpoenas and then locate and interview these individuals. Tracy could then expect a wave of successful child *advertiser censored* and child abuse investigations and prosecutions. "

Wow, that is frightening. Go, Tracy LE, Go.

I would volunteer to prosecute them myself. I hope this article is right- there are plenty of lawyers who would volunteer their time at DA offices to shore up cases against these freaks. I couldn't imagine a better use of my time than lining up prosecutions one after the other for the courts- these people need to be put away. Child *advertiser censored* is NOT normal, and no better than child abuse. Children are abused!

Locking this thread, a new one has been started.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Phnix