Resolved CA - Sausalito, Transgender Man (Assigned Female), White, 17-26, Gengar Tattoo- UP110538- Oct 23, 2023 - namus removed

Does law enforcement ever use reverse facial image searchers, like Pimeyes, to ID UIDs? I would think it could be possible with recent decedents. Of course this is a very disturbing idea (to me anyways) and you're not supposed to search people without their consent, but allegedly it can be successful on people with sunglasses, masks on, etc. Just wondering if anyone has ever heard of that avenue being explored in regards to ID.

Recently read an article about how good this tech can be at finding old pics and it's been on my mind.

There was a FB post about a missing child that was compared to this young man and I have to agree, they look like they could be the same person. They are/were listed on the National Center for Missing and Exploited Children. Not sure if this was the match that caused NamUs removal.

1698857511006.jpeg

There was a FB post about a missing child that was compared to this young man and I have to agree, they look like they could be the same person. They are/were listed on the National Center for Missing and Exploited Children. Not sure if this was the match that caused NamUs removal.

View attachment 457434
This missing person seems to be a natural brunette. Our Doe had blond/strawberry blond/reddish body and facial hair.

MOO

rabbit hole leads me to confidently rule out Kailani Baruth

Am curious why the suggestion for this UID

IMO

I imagine there'd be more than a resemblance though. Kailani's family has a funding page up for another of their children that was made after February with no mention of Kailani being missing

And I don't see anything that Kailani was FTM or NB or had any connections to California so that is why I wondered what prompted the connection on FB

In some places yeah you can get top surgery I think at 16?
But in those rare cases, it has to be done with parental consent, as far as I know. There is no suggestion on NCMEC that Kailani has had top surgery, and if the parents were involved in the process, they would know about it to put it in the missing flyers. Instead, we have a missing flyer with Kailani presenting as femme, and no indication of surgery or gender identity to contradict that. Kailani also went missing in February. That pushes back the hypothetical surgery date even further. And, to be frank, people who get gender affirmation surgery that young are generally living as their preferred gender for years beforehand. I would expect to see more masc grooming. Even if they were NB, rather than transmasc. And if their family was NOT accepting of their gender identity, they would not have had the surgery until the age of majority.

Insight - I am a nonbinary person. I have not elected for surgery or hormones, but I am close friends with many who have.

I think this John Doe is early to mid twenties. He is a natural blond/strawberry blond/redhead. He had top surgery some time ago, and has had time to completely heal. He looks younger because the presence of estrogen and lack of testosterone for his formative years meant his frame and facial features stayed more delicate. He has been under gender care for some time, because of the completed surgery, and because he was probably on T if he could grow facial hair.

MOO

Last edited:
But in those rare cases, it has to be done with parental consent, as far as I know. There is no suggestion on NCMEC that Kailani has had top surgery, and if the parents were involved in the process, they would know about it to put it in the missing flyers. Instead, we have a missing flyer with Kailani presenting as femme, and no indication of surgery or gender identity to contradict that. Kailani also went missing in February. That pushes back the hypothetical surgery date even further. And, to be frank, people who get gender affirmation surgery that young are generally living as their preferred gender for years beforehand. I would expect to see more masc grooming. Even if they were NB, rather than transmasc. And if their family was NOT accepting of their gender identity, they would not have had the surgery until the age of majority.

Insight - I am a nonbinary person. I have not elected for surgery or hormones, but I am close friends with many who have.

I think this John Doe is early to mid twenties. He is a natural blond/strawberry blond/redhead. He had top surgery some time ago, and has had time to completely heal. He looks younger because the presence of estrogen and lack of testosterone for his formative years meant his frame and facial features stayed more delicate. He has been under gender care for some time, because of the completed surgery, and because he was probably on T if he could grow facial hair.

MOO
I agree with you and definitely think the resemblance between these two is coincidental.

MOO
Thank you for your own insight!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beckers861