Resolved CA - Sausalito, Transgender Man (Assigned Female), White, 17-26, Gengar Tattoo- UP110538- Oct 23, 2023 - namus removed

But in those rare cases, it has to be done with parental consent, as far as I know. There is no suggestion on NCMEC that Kailani has had top surgery, and if the parents were involved in the process, they would know about it to put it in the missing flyers. Instead, we have a missing flyer with Kailani presenting as femme, and no indication of surgery or gender identity to contradict that. Kailani also went missing in February. That pushes back the hypothetical surgery date even further. And, to be frank, people who get gender affirmation surgery that young are generally living as their preferred gender for years beforehand. I would expect to see more masc grooming. Even if they were NB, rather than transmasc. And if their family was NOT accepting of their gender identity, they would not have had the surgery until the age of majority.

Insight - I am a nonbinary person. I have not elected for surgery or hormones, but I am close friends with many who have.

I think this John Doe is early to mid twenties. He is a natural blond/strawberry blond/redhead. He had top surgery some time ago, and has had time to completely heal. He looks younger because the presence of estrogen and lack of testosterone for his formative years meant his frame and facial features stayed more delicate. He has been under gender care for some time, because of the completed surgery, and because he was probably on T if he could grow facial hair.

MOO
Tragically, there has been a horrendous trend of politicizing trans people. Many politicians & activists out there are trying to convince society that hormones, medications, and gender transition surgeries for teenagers and children are common. They are in fact extremely uncommon.

To be under 18 and have this done, you must be signed off on by your parents and MULTIPLE doctors & psychiatrists stating that basically this is the only way for you to *stay alive* - body dysmorphia can be so intense that people would rather die than remain in the body they hate/do not feel is "them" which is heartbreaking.

(I will be referring to the Doe with they/them pronouns in this post as I am not sure what pronouns they preferred as they could have been non-binary or another gender identity rather than just identifying as only a trans man and preferred neutral pronouns or other, so I feel personally they/them is the best choice for me to go by in this case. If their ID is released or just pronouns and it is not they/them I will adjust accordingly in future postings -)

I definitely agree we aren't owed any update especially about their identity. I do wish we could know if they were identified, or not, just to have that knowledge and so everyone doesn't keep looking. But I totally understand if their loved ones chose to keep their ID private or more lowkey for many reasons.

I agree that they are almost certainly over 18. It is possible for people assigned female at birth to get top surgery under the age of 18 but it is pretty uncommon, and there are a lot of hoops to go through, plus need for parental support/consent. That combined with the tattoo that appears to be professionally done (at least not a "kitchen tattoo") makes me think over 18. They look pretty young but not definitely under 18. JMO.

Is there a picture or PM photo of the decedent available?

I hope this individual didn't do this to themself. I'm really affected by this one.
I'm pretty certain they did, unfortunately. They had marks on their arms from previous selfharm.

This one upsets me deeply, too. It's so hard to exist in this world as someone trans or nonbinary. That we lose so many of our siblings in this shared experience to suicide is a continuing tragedy.

MOO

I'm pretty certain they did, unfortunately. They had marks on their arms from previous selfharm.

This one upsets me deeply, too. It's so hard to exist in this world as someone trans or nonbinary. That we lose so many of our siblings in this shared experience to suicide is a continuing tragedy.

MOO
Yes, I guess I'm hoping that the SH marks are historical or pre-transition. This is either a horrible accident or a a terribly sad ending to this person's life.

Handshakes you in nonbinary. The current political climate is brutal.

Yes, I guess I'm hoping that the SH marks are historical or pre-transition. This is either a horrible accident or a a terribly sad ending to this person's life.

Handshakes you in nonbinary. The current political climate is brutal.
Indeed. There is nothing but loss here, however it happened.

Pleasure to meet you. It is indeed. It's better here in Australia than in many places in the world, but still awful. My heart aches for those struggling to exist where it is worse.

I've been quietly following this thread. And just got great joy in "handshakes you in nonbinary"! (She/they femme presenting in the US who frequently wishes we had better hand signals while out in the world.) If spirits can know things once they pass, I hope this sibling of ours knows their thread is spreading language about finding each other and connecting in community.

I've been quietly following this thread. And just got great joy in "handshakes you in nonbinary"! (She/they femme presenting in the US who frequently wishes we had better hand signals while out in the world.) If spirits can know things once they pass, I hope this sibling of ours knows their thread is spreading language about finding each other and connecting in community.
It's important that we connect in spaces like this. Queer people are overrepresented in being victims of crime and underrepresented in our crimes being solved. And it's very hard for identity to be found for people who are misgendered. We're often dealing with physical remains where they're relying on bones and clothing. And what someone's DNA says doesn't always match up with how they identified in life. That's why things like the Trans Doe Taskforce are so important. This Doe has presumably been identified, which is wonderful, but there are Does out there like Julie Doe, Chimney Doe, and Justin/Justine who have been waiting, sometimes for decades. They need to be identified just as much.

MOO

I've been quietly following this thread. And just got great joy in "handshakes you in nonbinary"!
Handshakes you too! It's vital for our community to have an input in these cases, we have a life experience and an eye that can't be replicated easily by cis/het audiences. Our people deserve attention.

It's important that we connect in spaces like this. Queer people are overrepresented in being victims of crime and underrepresented in our crimes being solved. And it's very hard for identity to be found for people who are misgendered. We're often dealing with physical remains where they're relying on bones and clothing. And what someone's DNA says doesn't always match up with how they identified in life. That's why things like the Trans Doe Taskforce are so important. This Doe has presumably been identified, which is wonderful, but there are Does out there like Julie Doe, Chimney Doe, and Justin/Justine who have been waiting, sometimes for decades. They need to be identified just as much.

MOO
Totally agree Shadow, this is brilliantly worded. I wonder if there's such thing as a yearly drive for TDTF? It would be amazing if we could organise a community donation effort or something. All the Does you've listed are on my radar and I would love to see them resolved.

NAMUS: (PM warning)

-
Biological Sex - Female
Race / Ethnicity - White / Caucasian
Estimated Age Group - Late Teen/Young Adult
Estimated Age Range (Years) - 17-26
Estimated Year of Death - 2023
Height - 4' 11"-5' 2"(59-62 inches) , Estimated
Weight - 100-115 lbs, Estimated
Type - Unidentified Deceased
Date Body Found - October 23, 2023
NamUs Case Created - October 25, 2023
Location - Sausalito, California 94965
County - Marin County
GPS Coordinates (Not Mapped) - 37.850983, -122.46205
Circumstances of Recovery - The subject was located floating in bay waters close to the Sausalito Marin City Sanitary Treatment Plant (1 East Road, Sausalito, CA 94965). The circumstances surrounding the reason the subject was in the water is unknown.
Inventory of Remains - All parts recovered
Condition of Remains - Recognizable face
Hair Color - Blond/Strawberry
Head Hair Description - Medium length, strawberry blonde/auburn/brown hair.
Body Hair Description - Light blonde arm hair, auburn armpit hair, light colored leg hair.
Facial Hair Description - Light blonde/reddish mustache over upper lip. Dark eyebrows, un-plucked in between.
Eye Color - Blue
Scar/mark - Round birthmark/mole located in the center of the subject's lower back.
Scar/mark - Linear "self-harm" scars on the palmar aspect of the subject's left lower arm.
Scar/mark - Bilateral linear surgical scars underneath breasts consistent with gender reassignment surgery
Tattoo - Black outline tattoo of "Gengar" Pokemon (see photo) on palmar aspect of left lower arm.
-
Hi, I get page not found?

I just found this thread and would like to update everyone. I am their mother- so yes, they were identified and brought home to family. They began transitioning at 14 and had top surgery fully supported by a loving family at 16. The self harm scars started at 11. They were reported missing 4 days after they were found and we got a positive ID just two days later. This was a suicide- even when surrounded by love and support this world can be so cruel when you are “different” and trying to live your authentic life. My child had just turned 20 and was a brilliant musician, lover of nature and philosophy. Thank you all for caring so much.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Krusty2009
Back