Deceased/Not Found CA - Sierra LaMar, 15, Morgan Hill, 16 March 2012 #5 *A. Garcia-Torres guilty*

Status
Not open for further replies.
I tried to edit/delete, but am given an "invalid post" error message.

I didn't see the no copy/paste rule in the TOS. I only saw it was allowed to link to a victim/suspect's Twitter Feed. Because the Twitter feed public-facing, I assumed the copy/paste was ok...

I'll let the moderator destroy it.

S'okay 408.

Welcome to Websleuths! Glad you joined us :)

A lot of her edgier statements are actually song lyrics and lines from TV and movies. Lots of teens do that. I freaked out reading some things my DD posted on FB when she was 17, and it turned out they were lines from Sex and The City. :eek::eek::what::what:

I think Sierra was hiding behind some of this tough talk for two reasons. One, she was defensive because of the gossip and stuff she probably endured. Her dad was busted and went to jail for abusing one of her sisters friends at a sleep over. There is no way she could keep that a secret. And that must have been devastating for her to deal with 'socially.' So she had to act tough and like she didn't care, it didn't bother her, imo.

Chit like that was going to follow her to MH so she had to act like she was tough to be able to deal. Also, she was very pretty and was new to the school. That also makes her a sitting duck and a target. So she had to put up a barrier and a wall to pretend to be tougher than she was, imo. Because in reality, imo. I think she was scared and maybe even kind of depressed.

Where are the freaking red high top converse shoes and socks?? They would've had to come off?

good point SO! If the clothes were thrown out after the crime, why didn't the perp get rid of the shoes, socks with the rest?

I have to go rethink my thoughts about that. Thanks

I tried to edit/delete, but am given an "invalid post" error message.

I didn't see the no copy/paste rule in the TOS. I only saw it was allowed to link to a victim/suspect's Twitter Feed. Because the Twitter feed public-facing, I assumed the copy/paste was ok...

I'll let the moderator destroy it.

Well, anyway "welcome::fireworks:

How odd that she tweeted she rather die than go to school that day. She is talking about her essay of "Suicide". She talks about ecstasy. She is so beyond her years. What was her reason for NOT wanting to go to school on Friday?

A lot of her edgier statements are actually song lyrics and lines from TV and movies. Lots of teens do that. I freaked out reading some things my DD posted on FB when she was 17, and it turned out they were lines from Sex and The City. :eek::eek::what::what:

I think Sierra was hiding behind some of this tough talk for two reasons. One, she was defensive because of the gossip and stuff she probably endured. Her dad was busted and went to jail for abusing one of her sisters friends at a sleep over. There is no way she could keep that a secret. And that must have been devastating for her to deal with 'socially.' So she had to act tough and like she didn't care, it didn't bother her, imo.

Chit like that was going to follow her to MH so she had to act like she was tough to be able to deal. Also, she was very pretty and was new to the school. That also makes her a sitting duck and a target. So she had to put up a barrier and a wall to pretend to be tougher than she was, imo. Because in reality, imo. I think she was scared and maybe even kind of depressed.

I think a lot of it was bluster, too.

But it wasnt just one child he abused. He was arrested for abusing three children under the age of 14. And these children were supposed to be friends of her older sister, iirc. So that made it made it even worse for Sierra. He pled the case out on just one charge of abusing one girl. I wonder if the parents of the three girls ever tried to sue Steve in court? Didnt someone say at one time he was living at Motel 6?

IMO

How odd that she tweeted she rather die than go to school that day. She is talking about her essay of "Suicide". She talks about ecstasy. She is so beyond her years. What was her reason for NOT wanting to go to school on Friday?

BBM: Sierra didn't TWEET that. She retweeted what a friend said. Not her words.

https://twitter.com/#!/cccairuh
March 15

I'm concerned about Sierra's style all the way around. Drugs, alcohol, hip hop music, foulf language. She doesn't seem interested at all in school by her tweets. Social life was her thing. She most likely walked to the bus stop oblivious to the world around her, texting, talking, ear buds for music. School work was the last thing on her mind. I am interested in her reasoning for writing a paper on 'Suicide" though. She has an interest in that. I would love to see what she wrote.

Maybe this is why her mother got her out of school in Fremont thinking it would be a good thing to get away from bad influence...pure speculation.

I don't understand that twitter format. I need to take classes on who is talking to who. Glad to hear she didn't say she would rather die than go to school.

Knowing teenagers and the way they deal with police, they blow them off. They would keep a secret from parents and LE, no matter what...and that includes the best of them. That is one thing they do almost unaminously. The LE are the enemy to them and kids don't trust them. I have seen college age kids do the same thing to protect secrets and friends when it comes to LE.

I'm concerned about Sierra's style all the way around. Drugs, alcohol, hip hop music, foulf language. She doesn't seem interested at all in school by her tweets. Social life was her thing. She most likely walked to the bus stop oblivious to the world around her, testing, talking, ear buds for music. School work was the last thing on her mind. I am interested in her reasoning for writing a paper on 'Suicide" though. She has an interest in that. I would love to see what she wrote.

Maybe this is why her mother got her out of school in Fremont thinking it would be a good thing to get away from bad influence...pure speculation.

I don't think many girls her age tweet about school that much. I think they do mostly tweet about hip/hop and fashion and use lots of curse words and even talk about drinking and weed and stuff. It is not right, but being a new kid at the school I think she was trying hard to seem cool and edgy and to fit in. I don't condone it but I do understand it.

I totally agree that she was probably oblivious to her surroundings and was probably looking at her cell when she was walking out the door. Frightening and very sad. :rose:

I wonder if the mom wanted to move as a way to get away from the gossip about her RSO dad. That had to be a heavy cross for Sierra to bear.

I'm glad I had a boy in this new age because a girl may not have made it to age 18.

Is there anything in San Martin or Gilroy that (anyone familiar with the areas) you can think of would lead LE to search there or do you all think it's just a logical branching out of search parameters?

I don't think many girls her age tweet about school that much. I think they do mostly tweet about hip/hop and fashion and use lots of curse words and even talk about drinking and weed and stuff. It is not right, but being a new kid at the school I think she was trying hard to seem cool and edgy and to fit in. I don't condone it but I do understand it.

I totally agree that she was probably oblivious to her surroundings and was probably looking at her cell when she was walking out the door. Frightening and very sad. :rose:

I wonder if the mom wanted to move as a way to get away from the gossip about her RSO dad. That had to be a heavy cross for Sierra to bear.

Did the RSO business happen in the last few years. Or better question, when did it occur? tia

I don't have any skills in looking at twitter, etc...do we know if her remarks were in the same vein last year, when she was in a different school, or are those records gone? Just wondering if she had changed, or was trying to change, to attract new friends.

I'm glad I had a boy in this new age because a girl may not have made it to age 18.

Trust me not all kids are like this. I don't know why, I have my thoughts on that, but not all of them are into drugs, rap, and social media. jmo

Is there anything in San Martin or Gilroy that (anyone familiar with the areas) you can think of would lead LE to search there or do you all think it's just a logical branching out of search parameters?

Never been South of San Jose since moving up here from LA. Once you go South of San Jose, it gets rural...

Gilroy is known for Garlic, onions, mushrooms, so we are looking at more fields than even Morgan Hill Many, many farm lands and workers. It is a haven for farm labor.

I don't have any skills in looking at twitter, etc...do we know if her remarks were in the same vein last year, when she was in a different school, or are those records gone? Just wondering if she had changed, or was trying to change, to attract new friends.

In an article I read yesterday they alluded to the fact that SL was in a drill team. That she loved school and had many new friends. It sounded to me as if she had adjusted just fine. jmo

Thanks Whisperer!

I did a quick google map and see that they kind of line up along US 101 South.

But that makes sense to take her to more rural area instead to more urban area once she was abducted. Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Buffalosleuther