GUILTY CA - Tobias Summers for kidnapping, rape of 10yo girl, Northridge, 2013 #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Newish so not sure if I'm doing this right but check this out.

An attempted kidnapping in Canyon Lake.

Are the two close? Could this in some way be related?
http://abclocal.go.com/kabc/story?section=news/local/inland_empire&id=9043122

(If I did something wrong feel free to edit and/or yell at me)

ETA: I'm not sure about the FBI. It's great that they have them, and it could just be because LA is huge and she seems to be all over the press there that they jumped on it. Could be because the likely hood of her being a runway is automatically less to LE because she's so young?

According to google maps the 2 location are 99.9 miles apart with estismated driving time of just under 2 hours.

Mel

(when I first read the question my immediate thought was "no Canyon Lake is in New Braunfels TX :) ....just down the road from me...)

According to google maps the 2 location are 99.9 miles apart with estismated driving time of just under 2 hours.

Mel

(when I first read the question my immediate thought was "no Canyon Lake is in New Braunfels TX :) ....just down the road from me...)

Well is it possible that someone like that might want to go an hour away from where they live to attempt something like that, and then after it failed would want to go the other way far away? Just brainstorming here.

As for the shirt I thought I saw someone post here that they found it in her room.... I'm not sure I was confused and trying to figure that out for myself that's why I asked.

ETA: The only reason that report stood out to me was the sisters comments about her being watched and a creep like that might be that type. I'm probably way off base, but something to think about.

This is such an odd story. I hope this little girl is found soon. Have the video tapes from the daycare been recovered and viewed by LE?

Police Lt. Terri Brinkmeyer said the FBI was contacted and will be helping with the search.
"We have no idea if it's family, if it's a kidnapping, we don't know if she wandered off," Brinkmeyer said. "There are any number of things that could have happened, but we're not leaning toward any of them."
Brinkmeyer said NR did not have a history of running away.
"She's a good kid. She's not a troublemaker, and this isn't anything she would normally do," he said.

http://www.foxreno.com/news/ap/california/girl-10-goes-missing-from-home-in-northridge/nW5Z6/

I hope her shirt being found is rumor :(

Polley I was listening to the same broadcast on KFI, Chris Little is an experienced reporter and he said that he has rarely seen this kind of response from law enforcement this swiftly.

That's amazing to hear. Every single child deserves this kind of response when they are in trouble.

ETA: The shirt being found since it was in her room could just mean it was uncomfortable or something and she changed it. Hopefully it's something that simple.

Police Lt. Terri Brinkmeyer said the FBI was contacted and will be helping with the search.
"We have no idea if it's family, if it's a kidnapping, we don't know if she wandered off," Brinkmeyer said. "There are any number of things that could have happened, but we're not leaning toward any of them."
Brinkmeyer said NR did not have a history of running away.
"She's a good kid. She's not a troublemaker, and this isn't anything she would normally do," he said.

http://www.foxreno.com/news/ap/california/girl-10-goes-missing-from-home-in-northridge/nW5Z6/

BBM, This is an interesting sentence.Especially if it was said after LE had viewed the video tape across the street from the house.

JMO

How scary. I'm really far away (south) but I'll keep my eyes peeled. I hope the video nets something.

That's amazing to hear. Every single child deserves this kind of response when they are in trouble.

ETA: The shirt being found since it was in her room could just mean it was uncomfortable or something and she changed it. Hopefully it's something that simple.

You're right , they do. But sadly most do not get this response, which begs the question what is different about this case that the response is so great and immediate? LE most know something that we do not about the gravity of this situation .

they are showing her walking around and talking t police - 6 miles from her house, in canoga park

Amber Lee ‏@AmberLeeNews 3m
#BREAKING NEWS: 11yo missing Northridge girl has been FOUND. SKY9 flying over head showing us. TUNE INTO channel 9 #KCAL9

Video of her walking to ambulance didn't look like she was in any shoes, and her shirt was gray not black.... I pray she wasn't the victim of some crime

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bgreen63