CA CA - Wineville Chicken Coop Murders/Disappearances, 1928-1930

now I confused. Is it the big house on the north side of Belgrave ave. with the 5 crosses in front ? or the south side buildings that look like a business ?

I drove around Bellgrave and didnt see anything that looked like the pics in The Press Enterprise. Then I went to the other end of Wineville Rd, down by Limonite. There is a house there that looks like the one in the newspaper article and several old chicken coops and an old barn in the back yard. I'm going to try to get an exact address and will let you know!

I can't wait to see it. I think I'll wait for the dvd though so I can cry in private. I've only cried at the theater twice(Passion Of The Christ) and (Phenomenon) At Phenomenon my friend and I cried and some girls across the aisle laughed. At Passion everyone was crying. So call me a wimp but I'd rather cry at home for a movie like that.:chicken:

Does anyone have the title to the book out? something like stranger than you???
I'm looking for it, I haven't gone to book store yet...weather is to bad here.
Thanks for info, really some thing mother/son???? omg

It is still farmland. Would you believe the small house the Northcutts lived in is still standing as is one of the farmhouse's. I live 2 miles from Wineville Rd. The community used to be called Wineville but was changed to Mira Loma because of the monstous crimes that happened there. Our daily newspaper The Press Enterprise just had an article about Clint Eastwood being out here to see the house. I didnt know about any of this until I read the article. I'm going to go see the movie this weekend. I'm also going to go see if I can find the house and take pictures. Not that I'm gruesome or anything. Just a sleuth I guess. I also have pics of Nicole Simpsons front yard. Hey, maybe I am weird..:confused:

http://www.pe.com/localnews/riverside/stories/PE_News_Local_S_chicken31.38a6836.html

Please post the pix of old house, would be interesting to look at. Actually a piece of old history.

Has any1 ever wondered how Arthur knew so much about Walter? Here are some ideas.

Perhaps Walter and Arthur were both held captive in those chicken coops and Walter told Arthur about his home. If Arthur got away and though Walter's life sounded so much better than what he had waiting for him at his home, and the two of them looked a good deal alike, than the cops found this child and asked him who he was, he may have said Walter wanting a better life and a better home.

Or perhaps, Walter made it out and ran off. If he was not found by the bad people, and instead met Arthur who maybe was a runaway, they could have become fast friends, and he could have told him about his home.

Just some ideas. Perhaps Arthur knew more about things than he let on. Because it seems to me that Arthur knew a lot about Walter. Too much. More than he could have heard on the radio or read in the papers.

So I have a theory and I would like help from everyone here to prove or disprove it. I believe Arthur was help captive along with Walter. I think the two of them kept each other going by talk to one another at night while the people holding them captive and killing them were sleeping. I think Arthur was from a bad home, and Walter was from a good home. I think Walter told Arthur about his home, mother, life, etc. I think Walter could have offered to take Arthur home with him and make him his brother. He would say perhaps something, "We both look so much alike, everyone will think we're brothers anyway". I think they did get loose, but I think the man heard the commotion, like in the movie. Perhaps he chased the kids with an axe, and Walter gets killed in the scuffle, but Arthur gets away. Than someone sees Arthur and asks him if he is Walter, and Arthur just goes along with it. Any chance we can get a hold of Arthur's children or grandchildren? They may know more about this theory.

Just watched this movie last night. It was excellent! Prompted me to come here and find out more about the "real" case.

I just watched it too, what a great movie.
Dying to know why they can't do DNA on any of the old stuff found???

This is such an interesting case, plus sad. Just a question, how was Walter kidnapped? thanks, canna

Absolutely. And another ? what ever happened to Christine Collins? I have read so many articles since my post of yesterday and it seems that Christine, as Walter, poofed. There are many folks who have posted her death date but it can not be confirmed. So, I am left wondering what really happened to Walter and Christine? The movie was great and stayed "right on" to the facts.

well, I am not so sure the movie was all that factual. It did do a good job. I did research into this and pulled up a link that has all the newspaper documents from this case. I did see Christine's DOD, somewhere.
But the land the farm was on-what is there now? can it be dug up for bodies?

well, I am not so sure the movie was all that factual. It did do a good job. I did research into this and pulled up a link that has all the newspaper documents from this case. I did see Christine's DOD, somewhere.
But the land the farm was on-what is there now? can it be dug up for bodies?

A family had built a house on the property not kowing anything about the story of the Wineville Chicken Coop Murders. Wineville is now called Mira Loma because they changed the name of the city so people would not assocuaite the two. Remarkably the house still stands but they have torn down the chicken coops. Since the people that bought the land found out about the land and the story of the murders they started seeing scary things and strange things started happening. They sold the property. I has since been sold twice and they cannot get anyone to purchase it to this day.
Picture of empty house:

http://chickenmurders.blogspot.com/

I have the book written about Sanford Clark, nephew of Gordon Stewart Northcutt who was only given 5 years in prison for assisting his uncle in the grisly murders. The book was written by his brother, Jerry Clark.
The Road Out of Hell: Sanford Clark and the True Story of the Wineville Murders" If anyone wants the book, just PM me and I will send it. I only read them once!

I feel sorry for Sanford. He was only a child himself, raped, sodomized and living in terror with an uncle who was killing little boys his own age!
The only info I have been able to find on how Walter was aducted is his mother Christine gave him a dime to go to a local theater to see a movie while she was at work and he was abducted there.
The SGV Newspaper says Christine died at about 96 years old. I sure hope she didn't live that long, searching for her son and living with so much heartache. http://www.insidesocal.com/sgvcrime/2008/11/the-fate-of-christine-collins.html

This is one confusing case! I am fascinated by it because I live 5 miles from where it all happened. I've been putting it off (lazy) but have to take pics of the house before they end up tearing it down. The owners during the movie swore there was a black ghost that used to walk through the house!

Did you only read the books once because they were bad?
Is Mira Loma in a rural area and how long has the property been abandoned?

Did you only read the books once because they were bad?
Is Mira Loma in a rural area and how long has the property been abandoned?

Yes, only once but I didn't think it was that bad. I thought it was interesting to find out what had happened to Sanford after going through all that with his uncle. Yes, Mira Loma is somewhat rural. It is growing rapidly though. The street where the house stands is still called Wineville Rd. and that is still rural but new homes have been built very near along with 2 new shopping centers. I know the house was abandoned in 2009 but I did hear 2 more families moved in after that until they heard the story of the murders. It is now abandoned again.

It is obvious that you have done your research and thank you for that. I looked for 2 days searching the net for anything concerning Christine Collins, and found lot'z but still not the ? of what happend to Christine. I you read some of the letters she wrote, she was very cozy with the some of the folks at the phone company. So with that said, I would imagine that Christine could have ways to remain "lost", so to speak. Changing her name to Kathleen and I wonder if she could have had a "non listed" number back in the day? My how the mind wonders, right? Have a blesssed day and again thanks for your posts. I want to read the book you mentioned. annie :)

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sweetkittykat
Back