CANADA Canada - Audrey Gleave, 73, Ancaster ON, 30 Dec 2010 #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
I really wish we could ask the neighbours more questions, i.e. did they see a bicycle anywhere on Indian Trail the same day the backpacker was seen in AG's driveway. The most insignificant detail to someone during that period of time, could be very relevant today.

I have also read that the Hamilton bicycling club uses the Lynden Road/Indian Trail roads. More people on that road -- not so remote imo.

Was that a hacksaw in the video dotr? and if so, couldn't a hacksaw be used to cut a padlock off a door? Thanks.

Puppyraiser - any idea what F & J posted about what they saw on 30 December 2010 or whatever day they were there?

Just playing devil's advocate - F & J has/have (one or two people?) a good memory to say second driveway almost 7 months after the fact, unless they have been there numerous times. I wonder if the term something horrific happened was mentioned at the time or later when they could read about it.

Is anyone familiar with the lyrics to Frankie and Johnny? Just saying.

Puppyraiser - any idea what F & J posted about what they saw on 30 December 2010 or whatever day they were there?

Just playing devil's advocate - F & J has/have (one or two people?) a good memory to say second driveway almost 7 months after the fact, unless they have been there numerous times. I wonder if the term something horrific happened was mentioned at the time or later when they could read about it.

What I posted is the log for the actual day they were there- not recall 7 months after the fact. They also noted that upon returning home later that day a report on the news stated a woman had been murdered near the location and would explain the police and news crews they saw.

As for cachers going to homes to ask to use the facilities.......... I can't answer that with any certainty. I would think many would use the great outdoors or drive to the closest gas station/business but who knows. People who geocache don't want to anger or upset people who live close to where caches are hidden.

Logs for the cache in the area indicate that no searches were done there between Dec 2 and Dec 31st, which isn't unusual. People may have gone to look, didn't find it (DNF) and did not add a log to the page. I don't recall what the weather was like mid to late Dec but it seems to me a big snow storm hit the beginning of Dec (I was in FLA with work and was thankful to miss the snow), that much I do remember!

I know no one here is trying to blame a Geocacher, I only added what info I could to ensure the game wasn't misrepresented or misunderstood (Muggles ;) ). It is entirely possible someone may have posed as a Geocacher and commited the crime but if you ask 25 of your friends what Geocaching is, I bet most wouldn't have any idea. Any true geocacher I've met at events or out on the road would not be a likely suspect but anything is possible.

I have followed this case from the beginning on this forum and want to see justice for Audrey as well. :)

I would love to know whether AG locked her dogs away at night or had them sleep on her bed. Two dogs that heavy would be a bit of a handful though.
Did she smoke indoors? somehow I imagine she would , why not.
So why did she go outside?

Quoted from Woodland:

Yes indeed. A 17-year-old girl killed her lover ("rooty-toot-toot") because he "done her wrong".

That takes us back to "young".

:twocents:

Sorry puppyraiser, I did not realize you had posted an original note from F & J.

I lost sight of that when I read a post by F & J that said 'last time we were here ...' dated July 2011.

I would love to know whether AG locked her dogs away at night or had them sleep on her bed. Two dogs that heavy would be a bit of a handful though.
Did she smoke indoors? somehow I imagine she would , why not.
So why did she go outside?

I think AG kept her dogs locked up when they weren't out running. But that is a good question about the dogs sleeping on AG's bed.

Secondly, I also believe we were told by PK that Audrey did smoke in her house.

So - why was she outdoors in her coat? Perhaps she'd been killed earlier than we think. Perhaps she was on her way home from shopping, a trip to the vet, whatever when the perp grabbed her. Maybe we only think that she was killed when the neighbour's dogs barked at 2.30am. Have LE confirmed a time of death?

Now that makes sense, maybe she went out to get cigs or something and it was not 2.30 in the morning. I was having a hard time placing her out and about at that time, even is she heard something outside at that time I doubt whether she would go outside without the dogs to investigate. Maybe someone was watching her that night , followed her around and then ambushed her in the garage.

Not sure what to make of the following link. I stumbled across it while researching what 'waymark' meant in relation to geocaching.

http://www.waymarking.com/wm/search.aspx?f=1&r=50&kw=orangeville&st=2

What I noticed is (another duo?) calling themselves 'monkeys4ever' have posted pictures close to the residences of AG, SL, PW and in the case of SV the pics actually surround her residence.

In Orangeville there are pics of the water tower, a few places on Broadway, the plaque marking the Brampton Railway at Mill and Townline and Butterfly Park which pretty much surrounds SV's residence on Spring Street.

Further up Highway 10 (north) there are pics of the O'ville population sign (I believe the person seen walking near SL's residence after her attack was seen there and I'm pretty sure I read a blog from a geocacher of something hidden there at one time), a plaque on Hockly Road and a mailbox on 3rd Line.

Pictures in Palgrave - the town clock, post office and a turtle crossing sign.

The Stenabaugh cemetery in Jerseyville - seems to be different than the one beside AG's residence.

Wasaga Beach north of PW's residence - the DQ on 1st Street North, a mural on Main Street, the abandoned Water World Park at 544 River Road West and a Timmy's which is directly across the river from PW's residence.

Coincidence? I found it spooky that the same blogger posted all these pics near the residence of a crime victim. I'm pretty sure the unsolved disappearance of PW is a crime as opposed to her wanting to disappear.

I suppose it's possible she went to an all night Macs to get cigs at 2.30 though.

Maybe the geocachers should keep and eye open for suspicious people. It would seem the way things are going in southern Ontario that they are going to be near some kind of murder scene at some point in their searching. Maybe quite a few.

And - I just found a geocaching site for both Orangeville and Mono:

LINK - http://www.geocaching.com/seek/cach...99-d151-428d-b2c2-fc433db84e4a&log=y&decrypt=

ETA: From Woodland's post above, I find it curious that many of the images have names - "The Postman". And there was one called "The Nurse"!

I'm wondering if there are others called "The Artist/Photographer" and "The Teacher/Scientist" type of thing? Hmmmmm........

Also, for those of us who know nothing about geocaching :)seeya:) here's their vocabulary:

LINK - http://geolex.locusprime.net/

ETA: Quoted from Woodland:

Coincidence? I found it spooky that the same blogger posted all these pics near the residence of a crime victim.

Far too coincidental for my liking!!

Sonia was an avid hiker and was found along an old trail. Not many would know that trail was there.

Wow, did SV,AG and for that matter LC, geocache with students- personally I think it would be a really good way to teach students about history, nature, photography ect.Maybe one day, someone will assemble some of the most skillful players to assist in searching coldcrime scenes?

Were'nt there ' ' souvenirs ' taken as well, that makes you wonder.....

Not sure what to make of the following link. I stumbled across it while researching what 'waymark' meant in relation to geocaching.

http://www.waymarking.com/wm/search.aspx?f=1&r=50&kw=orangeville&st=2

What I noticed is (another duo?) calling themselves 'monkeys4ever' have posted pictures close to the residences of AG, SL, PW and in the case of SV the pics actually surround her residence.

In Orangeville there are pics of the water tower, a few places on Broadway, the plaque marking the Brampton Railway at Mill and Townline and Butterfly Park which pretty much surrounds SV's residence on Spring Street.

Further up Highway 10 (north) there are pics of the O'ville population sign (I believe the person seen walking near SL's residence after her attack was seen there and I'm pretty sure I read a blog from a geocacher of something hidden there at one time), a plaque on Hockly Road and a mailbox on 3rd Line.

Pictures in Palgrave - the town clock, post office and a turtle crossing sign.

The Stenabaugh cemetery in Jerseyville - seems to be different than the one beside AG's residence.

Wasaga Beach north of PW's residence - the DQ on 1st Street North, a mural on Main Street, the abandoned Water World Park at 544 River Road West and a Timmy's which is directly across the river from PW's residence.

Coincidence? I found it spooky that the same blogger posted all these pics near the residence of a crime victim. I'm pretty sure the unsolved disappearance of PW is a crime as opposed to her wanting to disappear.

Looked at the profile of monkeys4ever and their gallery pictures. If you suspect women who could belong to the 'red hat ladies' then you may be on to something. ;) Mr Monkey is definitely 50+ as well. Same age group as F & J.

When I go out caching, I read logs prior to searching for a cache and tend to go for the ones that have been found recently instead of ones that have been untouched for months. It's always in the back of my mind that one day I may stumble upon something I have no desire to find. Thankfully I've only come across deer, raccoon, and other small deceased wildlife

Were'nt there ' ' souvenirs ' taken as well, that makes you wonder.....

Apparently, the perp removed something from AG. LE called it a "trophie", but they were not specific as to a piece of a body part or something AG may have been wearing. Ugh ;-(

From what I have seen on the true crime shows on the tv, perps like to scrapbook their crime and like to look back on it. On these shows, the trophie is usually a lock of the victim's hair -- head or other.

I apologize for the graphic.

imo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members