CANADA Canada - Audrey Gleave, 73, Ancaster ON, 30 Dec 2010 #4

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is what I see in the link:

about > domain tou violation
Hello, Canada! Technical issues are currently affecting access to craigslist Canada sites for many users.

All hands are working to get this sorted out asap. Sorry for the inconvenience.

That could have happened dotr, but the person was awfully prepared for a chance meeting.

Do we know he came prepared to kill? Did he bring a knife or grab one there, after some kind of argument? Or maybe he just carries around a swiss army knife like many folks do, for general purposes,but when angered he suddenly decided to use it to kill.

And that's why I don't think it was a chance meeting. I think the killer came prepared to kill and also prepared for clean-up after. Extra clothing, a place where to change clothing (the barn??), in AG's house :eek:, in the cemetery, etc.:twocents:

By prepared, I meant he/she didn't leave much of a trace and hasn't been caught, along with luring/convincing AG she didn't her dogs at hand. Very lucky or very clever?

Well some people's jobs/work clothes might make it possible to be prepared for an emergency or in this case - an opportunity,for example medical workers might have gloves, mask and shoecovers (all lightweight and disposable)...and experience with quick or otherwise, sterilizing of persons and suroundings.

Followup to above video post about female attack.One of the alleged perps is only 15!
http://torontopolice.on.ca/newsreleases/pdfs/22323.pdf
On Monday, November 28, 2011, police started an assault investigation in the Yonge
Street/Dundas Street East area.
It is alleged that:
− between Saturday, November 26, 2011 and Sunday, November 27, 2011, between 11 p.m.
and 1 a.m., a 35−year−old woman was assaulted by three girls,
The victim sustained serious but non−life−threatening injuries.
On Tuesday, November 29, 2011, a 15−year−old girl was arrested and charged with:
1) Assault Causing Bodily Harm.
She is scheduled to appear in court at 311 Jarvis, on Wednesday, November 30, 2011, room
1, at 10 a.m.
The name of the accused cannot be released under the Youth Criminal Justice Act."

I was on Craigslist last night searching for fencing materials. Went online this morning, and Canadian Craigslist is gone !! Craigslist in all of Canada has been shut down. In googling WRT that issue, there are other news articles, seemingly unrelated to the Canadian shutdown, that FBI are investigating Craigslist related crimes in the US where victims have been lured to their death:

http://www.ctvbc.ctv.ca/servlet/an/l...shColumbiaHome

AG was an avid computer user. I don't think we've explored the possibility that she may have met her killer in this fashion.

ETA: After I posted the above, google news says Craigslist is back up. I still can't access it though.
Sillybilly, try these links:

- http://vancouver.craigslist.org/search/?areaID=16&subAreaID=&query=fencing&catAbb=sss

-- http://vancouver.craigslist.org/

News about Craiglist: http://www.ctv.ca/CTVNews/TopStories/20111129/craigslist-canada-website-shutdown-111129/

With regards to the Craiglist related crimes in the US, we have a link here is WS, which were people posting ads offering jobs, good pay, accommodation, no cellphone service, then killing them
link:
http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=155039

Could AG have worked with students from this school of um, "Hard knocks"?

http://cnews.canoe.ca/CNEWS/Canada/2011/11/29/19036271.html
Bones in shallow grave believed to be student

By Hugo Rodrigues, QMI Agency "
BRANTFORD, Ont. - Human bones of a former student have been found on the site of one of Canada's oldest residential schools in a shallow grave, the Mohawk Nation has claimed"

Thinking of AG and wondering if she was set up ... the street Pastor thinks this might be a" revenge beating" set up by her boyfriend's brother.
How odd, a guy sending girls to attack a female...would a female send males to attack another female?
http://cnews.canoe.ca/CNEWS/Crime/2011/11/29/19034286.html

"Hatlam feels there may be some connection between the alleged sex assault and the beating because Justice had told him that Chris had sent three girls to beat her up.

Justice also claims that at least one of the girls said, "This is for Chris."

While Hatlam can't confirm this, he said he will play an active role with Justice's dealings with police.

Hatlam says that people being paid to take revenge for another on the street is not unheard of."

You asked an interesting question a while back dotr - after thirty + years of living in the same house, what was different about that day or that time frame for AG (paraphrasing)?

What we do know that was different - the Camaro, the convection oven and the de-cluttering of a few rooms in her home.

Has me wondering what else AG may have been planning for the twilight years. Travel, side-by-side fridge/freezer, new furniture perhaps? Wish I knew - it might say a lot.

Good point Hazel - the need for a retirement home might have arrived sooner or later. Could AG have been thinking of daily help in the meantime by way of a registered nurse or someone of similar caliber by making the home a little more inviting? The cost would be substantial the higher one goes for reliable and capable help.

Just thinking of the depletion of personal funds - but that is what one's working years are for.

You asked an interesting question a while back dotr - after thirty + years of living in the same house, what was different about that day or that time frame for AG (paraphrasing)?

What we do know that was different - the Camaro, the convection oven and the de-cluttering of a few rooms in her home.

Has me wondering what else AG may have been planning for the twilight years. Travel, side-by-side fridge/freezer, new furniture perhaps? Wish I knew - it might say a lot.

There were probably also new neighbors/people in the area. Just a hunch.

Hazel - you have inspired me to get that signature that I have wanted see. I already have some 'splainin to do in a week or two, so what the heck.

In case any youngsters are wondering, 'splainin is from the I Love Lucy sitcom.

Hazel - you have inspired me to get that signature that I have wanted see. I already have some 'splainin to do in a week or two, so what the heck.

You mean my siggy in blue? PLEASE do use it! I've changed it a bit, the original signature was in another Canadian poster's siggy. She made me promise that if anyone asked me about it, and wanted to use it, to tell him/her to PLEASE go ahead and use it. Have been asked a few times already, and they are already using it, either exactly the same or similar.
So YES, PLEASE BY ALL MEANS, copy it, you can add to it, or alter it anyway you like. Hehe, don't copy the second line, cuz that obviously does NOT apply to you!
I think I watched a special of ILLucy on some anniversary I think, but know that my FIL loved that show, but :blushing: am afraid I am not familiar with it.

What explaining is that WL? :( I truly hope nobody here got you in any trouble!!!!! :bigfight:

You have been so polite and respectful of members' posts and feelings!

Hazel - I'm so going to use your siggy in blue as soon as I figure out how to do that.

The other siggy I'm going to get is AG's - you inspired me with your brilliant thought on a retirement home - something that had to be on AG's mind - although I now think she had other plans for the meantime since she bought that snazzy Camaro. She didn't plan on parking it at a retirement home - retirement homes rarely if ever provide parking for residents. Retirement home residents have usually given up their drivers license by the time they move in.

No trouble here - just 'splainin my thoughts a little more - but I hear you.

As long as you don't get into the vitameatavegamin when you're doing your 'splainin.... :floorlaugh:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member