CANADA Canada - Audrey Gleave, 73, Ancaster ON, 30 Dec 2010 #4

Status
Not open for further replies.
Don't get it nic - no need to explain though, let's stick with justice for AG.

Hazel - I'm so going to use your siggy in blue as soon as I figure out how to do that.

The other siggy I'm going to get is AG's - you inspired me with your brilliant thought on a retirement home - something that had to be on AG's mind - although I now think she had other plans for the meantime since she bought that snazzy Camaro. She didn't plan on parking it at a retirement home - retirement homes rarely if ever provide parking for residents. Retirement home residents have usually given up their drivers license by the time they move in.

No trouble here - just 'splainin my thoughts a little more - but I hear you.

Maybe she was thinking of one of those smaller retiree bungalow type of places with garages, where you're still part of the community. Where I live they've included groups of those in the subdivision. Or even a condo.

I just can't picture Camaro driving AG at 73 thinking of a retirement/old age home without parking. And where would she keep her beloved dogs?

Don't get it nic - no need to explain though, let's stick with justice for AG.

Well, since you brought it up in the quest for justice: vitameatavegamin was a famous I Love Lucy episode. (a health drink that made her drunk).

"Luuucy, I'm home from zee club!"
I just do not see AG willingly moving out from her home because it would mean surrendering her dogs to live by condo rules, AG would not want to leave the nearby cemetery where her beloved former pets are buried, also just imagine AG being told where she can and cannot smoke and when to rise and sleep. Maybe someone else had a condo or a retirement home in mind for AG , could this be why AG may have been perceived as "stubborn"?

I don't think AG was preparing to move either - and no one was in a position to tell her otherwise. AG was still in charge of AG - her Will should have indicated if someone had power of attorney for her health care decisions should she become unable to make good decisions. An attachment to that effect should be in the body of the Will.

She might have been planning to spend money to fix up her place to have someone come in on a regular basis to help out though, given her difficulty in walking. Stubborn or not acceptable to someone?

"Ethel, don't get panicky. Ethel, get panicky!":crazy:

I don't buy the retirement home thing at all. And I don't think AG would need (yet) in-home help. It seems as though AG was well enough to have remained in her home for possibly another ten years - barring any unforseen health episodes.:twocents:

PS. I'm not even sure how to spell 'Ethel'. Now 'Fred' I can spell!!

-------------

ETA: Just thought of something - if AG was planning to move, downsize, get in-home help she would have told PK that his services around her home would soon be no longer required. I don't think PK mentioned anything of that nature. Did he??:spring:

If AG was staying in her home, she would still need PK, or someone like him, for outside work - it would be unusual to find a personal caregiver to help with cooking, bathing, dishes etc and who would also do outside chores.

I have wondered from time to time if PK was planning to stay on with AG to continue with chores around the house after obtaining a university degree. Weekend work for a friend would make sense.

Third teen arrested - welcome to my world!:eek:

http://www.cp24.com/servlet/an/local/CTVNews/20111201/111201_downtown_attack/20111201/?hub=CP24Home

Many apologies for interrupting the AG discussions.:innocent:

Oh, and thank goodness for some levity here ('I Love Lucy' quotes). Maybe I should go get a job at the chocolate factory!:floorlaugh:

--------------

ETA: Something just popped into my head - I wonder if someone (other than Jon Wells) will be writing a book/movie script/etc. about AG's tragedy? Maybe some here even! :book: :deal: :popcorn: :read: :shakehead: Don't laugh - I believe it's happened elsewhere!:twocents: (Or, maybe I'm waaaaay off base!!)

Perhaps it could be titled "Twin Peaks", oops, already done , pie anyone?

[video=youtube;EDkVST_ig5Y]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EDkVST_ig5Y&feature=related[/video]

In today's spec. a question AG may have grappled with...
"Thu Dec 1 2011

http://www.thespec.com/living/article/632008--mom-fears-revealing-will-was-mistake

Mom fears revealing will was mistake

Dear Abby:

A while back I told my family I was considering downsizing my life and made the big mistake of telling them I want them to eventually have my house. I also revealed the contents of my will.

Now I feel exposed, uncomfortable and vulnerable — possibly even a bit paranoid that they might want to have me “six feet under” sooner than I should be"

It seems as though AG was well enough to have remained in her home for possibly another ten years - barring any unforseen health episodes.:twocents:
respectfully snipped and bolded by me :)

Thanks No_Stone_Unturned for that last phrase - you just helped me realize what was it that made me think 'something' other than making provisions for her dogs, was missing from AG's Will.

Provisions for herself !!
Having no family that would make decision in the unfortunate event she could suffered a stroke, heart attack, be involved in a car accident (or hit by a car) and be in a coma, needed amputation, vegetable state, be paralyzed and lost her ability to communicate, or any other kind of impairment that required someone authorizing treatment, surgeries, etc.

ETA: Something just popped into my head - I wonder if someone (other than Jon Wells) will be writing a book/movie script/etc. about AG's tragedy? Maybe some here even! :book: :deal: :popcorn: :read: :shakehead: Don't laugh - I believe it's happened elsewhere!:twocents: (Or, maybe I'm waaaaay off base!!)
Tim Appleby comes to miind :)

but first things first = perp needs to be :behindbar

(am still pondering why "Twin Peaks"? :waitasec: mountains? seeing double? *advertiser censored*? Peyton Place? I give up! )

Quoted from Hazel:

(am still pondering why "Twin Peaks"? mountains? seeing double? *advertiser censored*? Peyton Place? I give up! )

Here are the similarities to "Twin Peaks":

- remote, 'perfect' area where nothing bad ever happens

- someone close killed Laura Palmer

- there was a handyman

- the main cop was hooked on cherry pies [modsnip]:cupcake:

In today's spec. a question AG may have grappled with...
"Thu Dec 1 2011

http://www.thespec.com/living/article/632008--mom-fears-revealing-will-was-mistake

Mom fears revealing will was mistake

Dear Abby:

A while back I told my family I was considering downsizing my life and made the big mistake of telling them I want them to eventually have my house. I also revealed the contents of my will.

Now I feel exposed, uncomfortable and vulnerable — possibly even a bit paranoid that they might want to have me “six feet under” sooner than I should be"

With all due respect - I still don't think that AG's possessions/will had anything to do with her murder.

Again, with all due respect, feeling (even in death!) "exposed, uncomfortable and vulnerable" doesn't sit well with me - I mean about posting AG's will online.

If anyone is upset by my saying that right out loud - well, it's merely how I feel. :blushing:

What corroboration exists that AG wrote the Will that was probated? According to my lawyer, anyone that shows up in Superior Court with a Will it is taken at face value if no one else shows up with one. No checking, no vetting, no investigation - just rubber stamped.

<modsnip>.

I hope someone will write a book about AG someday - imo she deserves it.

Her quest for knowledge was an ongoing effort and her teaching as a way to pass this knowledge on is commendable. Not much, if anything, has been posted on where AG's money went - what does it matter that someone makes money with the effort of writing a book on her life? That person would spend money to write a book, so a return is warranted.

I would buy a book on AG - hoping it was accurate but at the same time wary that all facts were verified before publishing. One should not believe everything one sees in writing.

The next poster in here who chooses to get personal with another poster will be getting a time out.

Use the Ignore Feature if you don't like what someone elses views are or how they post. Do NOT be snarky and rude.

End of story.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member