Casey Anthony: Where The Truth Lies (Peacock Documentary) Discussion

If it wasn’t premeditated, she could have avoided the whole circus by telling the truth. Accidents do happen but I don’t buy it because of her lies. (Zanny, work, George and many others )
So your child dies accidentally and you respond by putting her in the trunk, with tape across her face, and later dump her in the woods---then lie to your family for a month and eventually tell the public a worse lie---that your father molested you your whole life and your dead baby too?

So your child dies accidentally and you respond by putting her in the trunk, with tape across her face, and later dump her in the woods---then lie to your family for a month and eventually tell the public a worse lie---that your father molested you your whole life and your dead baby too?
Good points. Why the duct tape on Caylee's face if she drowned in the family pool.

The facts of this case don't line up with Casey's ever changing statements. One lie after another. JMO.

I've never understood how that jury completely ignored Dr. Garavaglia's testimony about how the Duct Tape was placed, three pieces, across Caylee's eyes, nose and mouth. Dr. G came right out and called it a 'homicide'.
Along with the dead body stench in the car trunk that Casey drove, there is just no doubt She Did It, or knew exactly what happened to Caylee.
Cadaver dogs hit on that car trunk, and that was ignored also. Dogs are used to locate living people in emergency situations like earthquakes, etc., and certainly can pick up the smell of death. Yet Baez called it all 'junk science' that the prosecution was using and got away with it.
And the death band hair was in the trunk as well, another scientific fact that got lost at trial.
Something else that I question is the fact that Cindy let one entire month go by before taking action and calling law enforcement.

Last edited:
I've never understood how that jury completely ignored Dr. Garavaglia's testimony about how the Duct Tape was placed, three pieces, across Caylee's eyes, nose and mouth. Dr. G came right out and called it a 'homicide'.
Along with the dead body stench in the car trunk that Casey drove, there is just no doubt She Did It, or knew exactly what happened to Caylee.
Cadaver dogs hit on that car trunk, and that was ignored also. Dogs are used to locate living people in emergency situations like earthquakes, etc., and certainly can pick up the smell of death. Yet Baez called it all 'junk science' that the prosecution was using and got away with it.
And the death band hair was in the trunk as well, another scientific fact that got lost at trial.
Something else that I question is the fact that Cindy let one entire month go by before taking action and calling law enforcement.
Common sense tells us that no one would put duct tape on the face of a child who accidentally drowned. And then place the child from an accidental death in the trunk of a car to decompose. And then discard this innocent child in a vacant lot like trash.

The jury in this trial was horribly ignorant.

Last edited:
O.k., I'll take the hate for this. I think the jury was correct. I'm NOT necessarily saying I think Casey was innocent but with no way to be able to determine a cause of death, no way to be able to put together a reliable timeline, no eyewitnesses and no confession, I can't see how any jury was going to convict her of murder.

O.k., I'll take the hate for this. I think the jury was correct. I'm NOT necessarily saying I think Casey was innocent but with no way to be able to determine a cause of death, no way to be able to put together a reliable timeline, no eyewitnesses and no confession, I can't see how any jury was going to convict her of murder.
No eyewitness or cause of death?

What I see is whole lot of physical and circumstantial evidence that shows Casey Anthony killed her daughter Caylee in order to live a "Bella Vita" or Beautiful Life. JMO.

Did you get a chance to watch George's Lie Detector test? He was shown to be telling the truth.

Casey is the one that is deceitful and GUILTY of this awful crime. IMO
Yes I did. I was just trying to explore all aspects and probabilitie. I hope and pray that now the Anthony’s can start to heal.

How about negligent homicide?

She was the mother of that child, who was known to be put in the trunk of Casey's car. And Casey LIED to cover up the fact that her child was missing.

What does that tell you? Why would a mother lie and tell everyone who asked , that her daughter was fine, and with a non-existent baby sitter?

Innocent people don't tell stories to cover up their missing child---they actively try to find their child. Why didn't Casey do that?

We don't need an exact timeline. Casey was responsible for her child. She was the last known adult to be with her child.At some point, right after she was seen with Casey, she disappeared.

We don't need witnesses to the incident. We just need to understand the relevant circumstances. Casey had the baby in her care---baby went from the trunk her car to be found deceased in Casey's childhood playground in the woods, then shelied about her whereabouts for weeks.

That is plenty to convict upon criminal negligence, imo.

Sadly, that is the unfortunate truth----
this is what happens when the jury doesn't understand the instructions or the law. All they had to do was ask and there would have been another outcome. I will always feel bad for Caylee and how she was let down. I hope CA & HB never gets a good night sleep at night over what they did. CA doesn't care she has no soul.

Common sense tells us that no one would put duct tape on the face of a child who accidentally drowned. And then place the child from an accidental death in the trunk of a car to decompose. And then discard this innocent child in a vacant lot like trash.

The jury in this trial was horribly ignorant.
BBM: My opinion too. All the scientific evidence given at trial just went straight over the juror's heads and since they didn't understand a single bit of it, they chose to ignore it. JMO

From what I remember about the trial, the defense hammered on two themes:

1. Caylee had multiple primary caretakers; George, Casey and Cindy. We need to be able to pin down enough of a timeline to be able to prove she was in the care of, specifically, Casey at the time of the incident.

2. The Anthony's are a weird family. Yeah, Casey's an oddball but her behavior stems from a dysfunctional environment.

And again; I'm NOT suggesting I necessarily think she's innocent. Just explaining how a jury could reach the conclusion they did in a case with probably the most massive amount of pretrial publicity since O.J. Simpson.

Oh, and I have to add this part---it's classic CaseyAnthony:

"Anthony had chosen the building at Universal Studios seemingly at random and told police she worked there.

For the workers returning from lunch that day, the entire scene was confusing—and one they would never forget. Anthony — whom they had never met — was brightly waving to them as if they were friends.

"I was by the reception desk," says Alejandro Caldera, who was a contractor for Universal at the time. "And this pretty girl walked past and was like, 'Oh, hey, you! How's it going?' She was really cheerful."

"The receptionist and I sort of looked at each other for a second," Caldera continues. "And I was like 'Who the hell was that?' She said, 'I have no idea.'"

"I'll never forget that day as long as I live," says Caldera. "I tell this story at parties. People are still amazed at how easily Casey Anthony could lie, but I've seen it firsthand. It's a sight to behold."
I literally laughed out loud, I can so see her doing this!! Her behavior is so outlandish and incredible to normal people.

Don't forget this video of her reaction to Caylee's body being found. She was humored by many of the searches but when they finally did find Caylee she hyperventilated and had to have medical attention. Only Casey knew where Caylee was and she knew what was coming! Casey Anthony's Former Cellmate Reveals Her Chilling Reaction to Daughter's Remains Being Found - E! Online

Video -

How about negligent homicide?

She was the mother of that child, who was known to be put in the trunk of Casey's car. And Casey LIED to cover up the fact that her child was missing.

What does that tell you? Why would a mother lie and tell everyone who asked , that her daughter was fine, and with a non-existent baby sitter?

Innocent people don't tell stories to cover up their missing child---they actively try to find their child. Why didn't Casey do that?

We don't need an exact timeline. Casey was responsible for her child. She was the last known adult to be with her child.At some point, right after she was seen with Casey, she disappeared.

We don't need witnesses to the incident. We just need to understand the relevant circumstances. Casey had the baby in her care---baby went from the trunk her car to be found deceased in Casey's childhood playground in the woods, then shelied about her whereabouts for weeks.

That is plenty to convict upon criminal negligence, imo.

I just happened to be channel surfing and landed on the repeat program
Where George took a lie detector test-- I stopped for a very short time, long enough
To hear George say he gets horrible ugly messages all the time- and he wanted so much
To prove he did not do those things his rotten daughter alleged.
What I saw is a broken man -- my heart goes out to him-- she has destroyed him and
His marriage.

Last edited:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500