CO- Dylan Redwine, 13, Vallecito, 19 November 2012 - #31

Status
Not open for further replies.
I understand your thinking about his head feeling weird and maybe something caused a problem if he was coming down with something. I'm not sure how that would then relate to his being abducted, though, because I would think if he were abducted, whatever medical issue he was experiencing wouldn't make a difference - he would still be abducted and that outcome would probably be the same regardless. I hope that made sense. I think it's past my bedtime.. :)

Just been trying to find a reason for him not contacting anyone that morning, other than he didn't feel like it or no electronics/phones worked. :banghead:

Is there a such thing as a 13-yr old boy creature who actually picks up his socks? :floorlaugh: :floorlaugh: :floorlaugh: :floorlaugh: :floorlaugh: :floorlaugh:

Not that I have met. On laundry day I would say, could you go look under your bed and bring down all of your dirty socks, please.

I'm definitely not a scent dog expert by any means, but I do think socks would qualify as a "uncontaminated" scent item for the dogs and yet, ER had to have something brought from her home for the dogs. Very strange, IMO

But... if my memory serves me right, when LE first did the preliminary search at MR's home (to see if they could find Dylan or his cell phone), I don't believe they took any items because they were of the impression DR was a runaway and didn't do a thorough search. If his dirty socks were there at the time of the preliminary search, and they only came back 7-10 days later with the warrant, by that time they couldn't be sure the "socks" weren't touched, moved, washed, etc. by MR or anyone else he may have had visiting his home during that time.

That would be my guess.

But... if my memory serves me right, when LE first did the preliminary search at MR's home (to see if they could find Dylan or his cell phone), I don't believe they took any items because they were of the impression DR was a runaway and didn't do a thorough search. If his dirty socks were there at the time of the preliminary search, and they only came back 7-10 days later with the warrant, by that time they couldn't be sure the "socks" weren't touched, moved, washed, etc. by MR or anyone else he may have had visiting his home during that time.

That would be my guess.

I thought they had the dogs there the first day. Was it a full week later? TIA

I guess we can all 'guess' and 'speculate'. However, knowing my children (when growing up) about the most important thing to them at the time were their friends. Even after they had grown up lol when coming home, their friends were important. They would be on the phone making arrangements just like Dylan!

Dylan was set on visiting his friend in the morning, even mentioning the friend's grandmother in regard to arriving very early. I cannot get past thinking if Dylan had been able to carry out his plans he would have done just that! jmo Usually one doesn't have a problem being tired and wanting to sleep-in when excited about the day's plans. imo

I agree. My kids are grown, married, and have kids (my grandkids), and sometimes when they come home for a short 3 day visit (after not seeing them for quite a period of time), they, too, want to spend time with their friends. I usually give in, but tell them, "Leave the Grandkids and stay with your friends as long as you like!" :great:

That would be my guess.

I remember when SARX was here and was answering our questions about the dogs, we were told that items from higher up on the body make a better subject for scent then those on the lower part of the body. A shoe or a sock isn't a desireable specimen for the dogs. Hats, shirts are considered better items.

I remember when SARX was here and was answering our questions about the dogs, we were told that items from higher up on the body make a better subject for scent then those on the lower part of the body. A shoe or a sock isn't a desireable specimen for the dogs. Hats, shirts are considered better items.

Now that's interesting! Thanks for sharing!!! Learn something new every day!

I thought they had the dogs there the first day. Was it a full week later? TIA

I'm pretty sure you're correct because otherwise we wouldn't know that LE asked ER to have Dylan's scent item brought to the area from CS. I thought it was Tues that week, but it could have been a day or so later than that.
I can say this...even if LE was considering all options early on, protocol demands they start with worst case scenario. Because MR consented to a cursory search of the home, if LE didn't collect any of Dylan's items...well, someone wasn't doing their job. :banghead:

JMO

Why would LE think Dylan had been a runaway? What would give that impression? tia

I can't say what I think caused the "initial" belief by LE that he was a runaway without a link, so until I find what I'm looking for, here's this:

Both sightings are unconfirmed, and, in both cases, the boy ran from rescue workers up a hill in the Vallecito area, Bender said. “We’re assuming at this point – it may be Dylan – eluded searchers,” he said. “We’re leaning toward his being a runaway

http://www.durangoherald.com/articl.../SEARCH/Police-search-for-teen-near-Vallecito

Do you happen to have a link for that? Because I would love to read more about this subject....it beats the heck out of the technology stuff about cell phones/pings and all that related stuff! :floorlaugh:

I'm pretty sure you're correct because otherwise we wouldn't know that LE asked ER to have Dylan's scent item brought to the area from CS. I thought it was Tues that week, but it could have been a day or so later than that.
I can say this...even if LE was considering all options early on, protocol demands they start with worst case scenario. Because MR consented to a cursory search of the home, if LE didn't collect any of Dylan's items...well, someone wasn't doing their job. :banghead:

JMO

Help my failing memory... did we ever see anything in MSM that dogs actually WERE at MR's house (at any time)? (I would like that MSM link for my reference file)

I can't say what I think caused the "initial" belief by LE that he was a runaway without a link, so until I find what I'm looking for, here's this:

Both sightings are unconfirmed, and, in both cases, the boy ran from rescue workers up a hill in the Vallecito area, Bender said. “We’re assuming at this point – it may be Dylan – eluded searchers,” he said. “We’re leaning toward his being a runaway

http://www.durangoherald.com/articl.../SEARCH/Police-search-for-teen-near-Vallecito

Arrrgggggg....because, once again, if they weren't looking at all angles of this, someone wasn't doing their job thoroughly. Small towns are lovely places to live. Not so lovely if one is in need of experienced LE. JMO
:furious:

Help my failing memory... did we ever see anything in MSM that dogs actually WERE at MR's house (at any time)? (I would like that MSM link for my reference file)

Ok, my friend! You know its there somewhere because they sent mom to get a scent item! The dogs attempted to track in the first couple of days. Not cadaver dogs, just scent dogs. JMO

Arrrgggggg....because, once again, if they weren't looking at all angles of this, someone wasn't doing their job thoroughly. Small towns are lovely places to live. Not so lovely if one is in need of experienced LE. JMO
:furious:

I have to find my link that would explain more about the runaway bit and how that took off...

Ok, my friend! You know its there somewhere because they sent mom to get a scent item! The dogs attempted to track in the first couple of days. Not cadaver dogs, just scent dogs. JMO

I have never seen in MSM that the dogs were taken to MR's home. I very well may have missed that. Back to searching... :banghead:

I too am confused why dirty socks would not make a good search item, and if available (if) why they would wait for scent items to arrive rather than try a sock.

But of course I do not understand allowing ten days to pass before a forensic search either.

I have to find my link that would explain more about the runaway bit and how that took off...

I'll help you out tomorrow if you don't find anything...I have to call it a night. 2 am here on the east coast. Insomnia is a burden. :furious:

I just can't resist....

BBM: My dogs think my shoes and socks are very desirable! :floorlaugh: :floorlaugh:

Ok, enough of that :seeya:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member