CO- Dylan Redwine, 13, Vallecito, 19 November 2012 - #6

Status
Not open for further replies.
thank you for your comment. Could you direct me in the right place to hear or read statements the mother or brother have made publicly..thank you in advance.

I am not sure how to bring it forward but the two link are in thread #5 , post 232 and post 235

I'm starting to worry that this is going to be yet another case where we never find out what happened to that poor child. I sure hope that isn't the case though :(

I hope not, too. I noticed you said "that poor child." So I assume that might be a common expression where you live, too??

Lol I had a special drawer for ours up until a few months ago! I finally tossed it. Don't need one now, haven't needed one for years.

I have Siri ! I adore her;)

You really like Siri? She drives me nuts. The only useful response I ever got from her is when asked where to bury a dead body. What version are you using?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So ....two dogs alerted on two days in the same area. What's the current like in that lake?

Live fed lake. Several creeks/streams feed into it.

Video of Vallecito creek feeding the lake: This was filmed last year.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jEMnODasF6U"]Durango Colorado - Vallecito Lake - Riverfront Property from Russ Smith - YouTube[/ame]

I couldn't see right where it says that camera is.

It looks like the intersection where 160 veers off from 550. One of the others is of Main street a couple of blocks east of 550. Not a likely route unless they wanted to sit in traffic. Very touristy area of the city.

AGREE!!!! .
I read the transcript of the interview. I found nothing odd about anything he said. He wasn't putting the focus on himself, he was trying to bring the focus back to Dylan, and the reporter kept asking him questions about himself or why his ex was blaming him. He didn't take the bait. Smart man.
!

MR's behavior could quite possibly be innocuous, but, as someone with intimate experience with personality disordered people, my hinky meter is clanging loud and clear.
No doubt I'm hypersensitive and my response is largely subjective, but the words don't match the behavior, and when the words don't match the behavior, I've learned to sit up and take notice.

I know it's a bad place to be, but we can't judge every many by one bad one we've known - or even 50 bad guys we know. We also can't judge every woman by any bad one we've known. My father was extremely abusive with my mother, and a couple of his other wives, mainly when he drank. He was known to knock out teeth, blacken eyes, and other noticeable injuries along with those that didn't show. In spite of the bad feelings between them and a very messy divorce, he never laid a hand on any of us kids. That doesn't mean I don't believe any man would, but it does mean that I know that some men don't take their anger out on the kids. MOO

My ex would never have laid a hand on his kids in anger either. But one of my WELL FOUNDED fears, from intimate knowledge of how he thought (ER said this early on in an ominous way) was that if I tried to leave, he would hold the kids hostage at gunpoint in order to control me and I do believe he would have shot them if I didn't play it HIS way. Not out of anger toward THEM, but in the angst of his ego-neediness, refusal to let me (or them) go, and his sick sick need to control.

Hitchhiking with a fishing pole!
I dont know!
He would have surely been noticed.

No kidding! The only things missing would be overalls, straw hat and him whistling the tune of Andy Griffith.

I think LE is leaning more toward a dad did something. What, we just don't know. It may have been a dumb accident and dad knew he'd be hit hard.

So now we know, they have no proof dad and son stopped to go shopping, eat or anything else. I would bet nothing puts Dylan in dads house either.

how does the fact that they have received video extrapolate into the above?

Yeah that, AND......what if he arrived at the friends house and Dylan WAS there having a great time? Uhm mm, wouldn't it seem kinda ......drastic......to go driving that distance over there just to say "ok, I thought you were here". I mean, wasn't he EXPECTING that Dylan would be there anyway?

--- Did the friend even HAVE a phone? Maybe he HAD to drive there if there was no phone.
--- Did he only go there at ER's insistence? If they spoke beforehand and she told MR that Dylan hadn't answered her calls or texts at all that day and MR told her Dylan "was at friends house" and to chill. Maybe she told him he better eyeball Dylan personally or she'd be calling law enforcement pronto.

>>>>>>>>> Maybe it was actually ER that raised the initial 'alert' about Dylan's absence, forcing MR's hand. <<<<<<<<<<

If that's what happened, it becomes apparent that Dylan could have ended up missing for several DAYS before he was reported missing, with MR claiming he thought Dylan was at a friend's house all that time.
I believe MR went to the friend's house at 4:45 and ER got the call from him @ 5:30. So, he went there before ER knew Dylan was missing.

Just one word: alibi

I am only adding info since I am familiar with the area. I did not go out there this past summer so things may have changed some. To my knowledge there are 4 grocery stores in Durango. The Walmart, which unless they needed something else besides groceries they would have not go in. Very busy place, long lines etc. There are two City Markets and an Albertsons. Bayfield does have one grocery store, I doubt it would have been open sunday night. Fast food? There is a Subway, A&W and a long John Silvers. That's in Bayfield and would have been opened that evening. Durango has the usual fast food places.

Here are the stores and a map to their locations in Durango
http://local.yahoo.com/CO/Durango/Food+Dining/Grocery+Stores

You really like Siri? She drives me nuts. The only useful response I ever got from her is when asked where to bury a dead body. What version are you using?

:what: And did she actually answer that?:eek:

glad you came back to post.

can you tell me again the last time you were in the area? I know you said something about no cell service but I thought that was in 2011 or so?

I thought perhaps the text part of the phone might work?

TIA
I was out there and had drove by Vallecito late in Oct of 2011, I have friends that live at Lemon reservoir they did not have cell service this past summer. Lemon is west of Vallecito. I tell you that the area has been in a serious slump of the economy. A tower could have been added but usually that is reserved for growth. I just don't know about texting, I don't do it. I can check with a sixteen year old that went camping there several times this past summer to see if she was able to text.

I have no problem keeping him in the equation, nothing would add up without him, ER, DR, etc.; not that it seems to add up WITH them either. I just don't like to see him as the entire equation. I'm willing to believe there's still another factor (person) we don't know about, and there are definitely events we don't. If it eventually comes out that he did something, I'll accept it; in the meantime, I don't want to focus on him and end up missing someone or something that is more important to the solution. I hope that makes sense.

The only other scenario that would work for me is the whole thing is a set up to keep Dylan away from his dad. Make dad look bad, negligent....it was some scheme to whisk Dylan away at the first opportunity, hide him away somewhere for awhile.

But...with zero evidence of that, I'm stuck with dad and his story.

Why is he talking about his son in the past tense??

M: Dylan, my prayers are with you and I love you very much. He was the light of my life and he meant everything to me. And I just want him home just like everybody else does. And that's why we've got to keep searching for him. Because somebody knows something. We've got to find him and we need to know he's okay.

Video link of dad talking about Dylan I posted not good. On page 12. Also transcribed...

In a great number of the missing persons cases I've followed, I find that parents/friends often switch between present tense and past tense. I don't see that as an indication of guilt, although I know there are a lot of people who would disagree.

Now if a person exclusively uses the past tense when referring to a missing loved one, I just might raise an eyebrow over that.

:floorlaugh::floorlaugh::floorlaugh::floorlaugh:

oh, do tell us what her answer was!!!

Sleuthing the father is not allowed. The discussion rules have been relaxed but that does not mean you can outright accuse him.

No 'tunnel talk' discussion allowed.

All opinions are welcome, please don't talk about being on one team or another. We all want the same thing... Dylan to be found safe

and brought home!!!

bumping this up.. and don't think for one second that this isn't serious. This is a family member we are talking about.

Post responsibly.

My ex would never have laid a hand on his kids in anger either. But one of my WELL FOUNDED fears, from intimate knowledge of how he thought (ER said this early on in an ominous way) was that if I tried to leave, he would hold the kids hostage at gunpoint in order to control me and I do believe he would have shot them if I didn't play it HIS way. Not out of anger toward THEM, but in the angst of his ego-neediness, refusal to let me (or them) go, and his sick sick need to control.

Their divorce was over 5 years ago, and he's had opportunities in the past do anything to him he wanted to do. I guess my problem is that I personally have known men to murder their wife/ex-wife for filing for a divorce, but none who did anything to one of his own kids because of it. I know there are men who have done it, but I just don't automatically expect the father to be guilty if something happens to one of his children. We all base our views of the world on our own experiences, I guess, and I don't think any of our outlooks is the right one EVERY time. MOO

Roflmao! The most recent addition. I use that wench for everything from looking up numbers, restaurants, setting alarms, making entries to my calendar, setting alerts and if I ask her to talk dirty to me she says...mud, sand, dust bunnies...lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shakespeare