CO- Dylan Redwine, 13, Vallecito, 19 November 2012 - #6

Status
Not open for further replies.
I hope not, too. I noticed you said "that poor child." So I assume that might be a common expression where you live, too??

I grew up in Dallas, Texas, and that expression is as common as dirt where I lived.

Just watched the video again. Give the guy some darker skin, and you'd have my dad. SO much like my dad. Really smart guy who had learning disorders and was shamed for it. Not a bad person, just very beat down. Yes, he can be a hot head- but only once he's been pushed and pushed and pushed, and even then it's hurtful words that pour out.

My dad stumbles over his words like that, gets hyper focused like that, is awkward like that- even mumbles like that. His thoughts get away from him mid sentence and he'll return to a staple phrase to try and bring it back in the direction it was supposed to be heading. It's because his brain bounces in images so much that it's hard to keep it focused linguistically.

Now, I'm not saying that because he reminds me of my Dad he must be innocent as my dad is innocent. I just mean this may be his baseline. None of us know. There are just men who have that baseline.

Per Michael Franti- The more I see the less I know.

MR's behavior could quite possibly be innocuous, but, as someone with intimate experience with personality disordered people, my hinky meter is clanging loud and clear.
No doubt I'm hypersensitive and my response is largely subjective, but the words don't match the behavior, and when the words don't match the behavior, I've learned to sit up and take notice.

You're absolutely right! Also reading words is not the same as watching someone when they say them.
But just like to add, that if something like this had happened to our son when he was a child, my husband would have been a suspect right off the bat, even though I KNOW he would never harm a child. Simply because he can't speak when he's under pressure. Just can't. As long as it's family, someone he knows well, he's fine. But put him under a microscope or in front of a camera and he couldn't get two words out. I'm scared to think what would happen if he ever had to take a LDT, they would handcuff him right there and haul him to a padded cell. A few times when he's being going through some tough stress, he has passed out. Boom! Hit the floor. Kid you not.

bumping this up.. and don't think for one second that this isn't serious. This is a family member we are talking about.

Post responsibly.

Forgive me,,, bumping it up means what?
I've noticed it many times, but can't seem to figure
it on my own. I'm not that good at sleuthing ! :p

I was out there and had drove by Vallecito late in Oct of 2011, I have friends that live at Lemon reservoir they did not have cell service this past summer. Lemon is west of Vallecito. I tell you that the area has been in a serious slump of the economy. A tower could have been added but usually that is reserved for growth. I just don't know about texting, I don't do it. I can check with a sixteen year old that went camping there several times this past summer to see if she was able to text.

thank you!! appreciate all your help!!

this is what I can find on cell towers....not many..

http://www.city-data.com/towers/cell-Bayfield-Colorado.html

if you scroll down, it has some listed but they seem to be privately owned - not sure how that works...

Roflmao! The most recent addition. I use that wench for everything from looking up numbers, restaurants, setting alarms, making entries to my calendar, setting alerts and if I ask her to talk dirty to me she says...mud, sand, dust bunnies...lol

ME TOO! And if you set a map at your grocery store, you can ask her to remind you to buy something when you arrive at the store... AND SHE DOES!

It looks like the intersection where 160 veers off from 550. One of the others is of Main street a couple of blocks east of 550. Not a likely route unless they wanted to sit in traffic. Very touristy area of the city.

Thank you, that is at the bottom of a hill, and if leaving Durango to go to MR there could be the camera, and turning onto 160 to go to Durango from say the airport there could be a camera, but there is no signal light coming into Durango coming from MR home, so there may not be a camera there.

not to argue... but all that does is place the ipod at the home. If Dylan left with all of his stuff, he would surely take the ipod too. If my 13 year old could only take one item, it would be her ipod!

Exactly. And my kids used to have a couple of ipods floating around here. One was broken, and one was old and my DD preferred her i-touch because it also allowed her to text from it. So there might have been an old i-pod there from an earlier visit or from the older son.

how does the fact that they have received video extrapolate into the above?

Why would they still be seeking video if Dylan and his dad were spotted together at a supermarket? They still wouldn't need video from the earlier time of 6. They would focus on the time after they were last seen. Imo

Why would they still be seeking video if Dylan and his dad were spotted together at a supermarket? They still wouldn't need video from the earlier time of 6. They would focus on the time after they was last seen. Imo

Maybe it's not him they're looking for. MOO

MR's behavior could quite possibly be innocuous, but, as someone with intimate experience with personality disordered people, my hinky meter is clanging loud and clear.
No doubt I'm hypersensitive and my response is largely subjective, but the words don't match the behavior, and when the words don't match the behavior, I've learned to sit up and take notice.

I have watched the interview several times now......I see nothing wrong with his interview.

You think he is has a personality disorder?:waitasec: If I may ask.......like what? He seems to be an average normal guy imo and I have watched more interviews of parents with missing children through the years than I dare to count.

What words dont match his behavior? What behavior?

Siri says when asked where to bury a dead body
Swamps
Dumps
Funeral services
Metal foundries
Mines
Mortuaries
Cremation services
Reservoirs

I click on swamps, she gave me the closest 15

Now you know why I love her:)

forgive me if this has been mentioned more than once, but I can't get my head around the idea that at or around six, six thirty, seven, dad-picking-up-Dylan-from-the-plane-stopping-at-the-grocery-store time Dylan was planning on spending the evening with friends, but then, seemingly suddenly, he was so so tired that he went to sleep before 8.

The only other scenario that would work for me is the whole thing is a set up to keep Dylan away from his dad. Make dad look bad, negligent....it was some scheme to whisk Dylan away at the first opportunity, hide him away somewhere for awhile.

But...with zero evidence of that, I'm stuck with dad and his story.

OR... Dylan's dad hid him away to keep him away from his mom, or by thinking if he kept him out of sight long enough, Dylan would choose to stay with him rather than go back home.

I know... crazy, but compared to some of the other crazy theories out there... it could happen.

Let's hope this man wasn't foolish enough to fly him all the way out there just to kill him in a rage or just to get back at the mom. I mean, why go to that trouble? If you don't want the kid, don't insist on him coming to visit, KWIM??

Homeland security has cameras set up everywhere, they just don't tell us where. Probably is one set up at the earthen dam at vallecito. It is not a huge lake but could flood a big area if it was "disturbed".

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
utahtruecrimepod