CO - Jessica Ridgeway, 10, Westminster, 5 Oct 2012 - #19

Status
Not open for further replies.
As much I am a big LE fan, with what we know so far I am not sure LE had all that much to do with this (alleged) killer being caught. Will have to wait and see, but if he simply confessed to his mother and/or she quizzed him about something she found in the house, wondering if he would have been caught otherwise, especially if he laid low and did not re-offend, i.e. if it was some sort of "experiment."

Agree, wonder if he confessed or what?

Family says "they need to make sure he never gets loose."

I had to take a break and go do something normal with my boys, just to remind and reassure myself that all teen boys aren't turning into monsters. I took them shopping because nothing is more reassuring that my nearly 17yo is still a child than to watch him sneak candy, caramel apples and strange flavored chips in the buggy every time I turned my head. I bought them all because just this one time it feels good to watch him be a silly child eating a bunch of stuff that is surely going to make him sick. He will act even more childish when I make him take Pepto but even that is going to make me smile and hug him tight.

We bought glo fish and a glo aquarium for no other reason than the kids loved them and it was just silly enough. Sure, they will be boring in about 3 days and I will be the one stuck feeding them and cleaning the aquarium but even that feels right. Every now and then I will yell at the boys and threaten to give them away and they will feed them themselves for a few days after but in the end they will move on to something newer because children usually do.

Tonight we will order pizza for dinner and eat it nowhere near a table while we watch mindless tv and laugh over all the jokes my 12yo doesn't get. Then we will make the caramel apples, even if it turns out to be a disaster and my kitchen ends up looking like a tornado hit it.

While we do I will tell the boys about Jessica & Autumn. I will tell them all about 2 little girls that aren't looking forward to Halloween now because monsters took them and make sure they know monsters aren't always dirty old men. Monsters don't always look like the boogey man. Monsters can be the kid down the street that talks bikes with you and joins in on normal games. I wish I didn't have to say those things or tell them about 2 girls they will never know but I have to because it has became the world we live in. I'm so sickened by that reality but I can't ignore it.

*and in the time it took me to type the last 2 paragraphs my oldest is teasing his brother that he is going to feed the glo fish to the cat & put the cat in the aquarium to see if it glows under the lights! He isn't a monster but he's no genius either.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That sounds awesome. It sounds like you've made a wonderful home. <3

I am finding myself so speechless here.

I KNOW I read somewhere that HE turned himself in... he went to his Mother last night and "said something disturbing". His Mother then called LE. I can't find the #$#%#!! link right now, but it was in one of these threads when the arrest was first announced. No worries, it will all come out. Some freak of nature has already created a Facebook page in support of him because "they are his good friend". This is one of the things they say in their "about" section of the FB page:

"Rejoice you vengeful people ive seen the love and the hapiness in his eyes please dont think badly of him. The fact that he turned himself in is an act of honor and nobility".

If he turned himself in, it is because he is still playing his game, IMHO.

He can play all the games he wants...for the rest of his life...as long as he can never hurt another innocent person again. Play away.

I missed replying to the following post on the last thread:

Originally posted by theforeigner:

[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showpost.php?p=8499118&postcount=1126"]Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - Found Deceased CO - *ARREST!*Jessica Ridgeway, 10, Westminster, 5 Oct 2012 - #18[/ame]

I´m glad an arrest has been made, but as some other posters has said, I have a feeling that this is not the end of this case.

I sent this tip to the WPD

To the Westminster police Department

Concerning Austin Reed Sigg suspect in the Jessica Ridgeway case.

I belive Austin Reed Sigg might be the man sought in this October 19, 2012 Fort Collins case.

The photo indeed resemble him a lot, the robber just have glasses, cap and a little more beard.

http://www.noco5.com/story/19857439/...ill-at-crime-s

Hope this helps.

ARSandFortCollinsrobber.jpg

I really think you are onto something here. I too see a strong resemblence. Good find!

As much I am a big LE fan, with what we know so far I am not sure LE had all that much to do with this (alleged) killer being caught. Will have to wait and see, but if he simply confessed to his mother and/or she quizzed him about something she found in the house, wondering if he would have been caught otherwise, especially if he laid low and did not re-offend, i.e. if it was some sort of "experiment."
I disagree. Before the mother called last night they already said they had a definitive connection between Jessica and the Ketner Lake abduction attempt. That's what scared him IMHO.

I will be very, very interested to see how this one unfolds.

Questions I have -

any relevance to the cross?
any staging?
any accomplices?
any communications with LE, media, multimedia, or family?
any warnings?

I find it very, very difficult to believe this kid just got up one day and thought "I'm going to dissect me a victim".

Been following this case, haven't posted about it. So glad to hear of this news today. Maybe Jessica can have justice now for the brutual things that were done to her.

Children killing children. My heart is so heavy with these two recent cases (Jessica and Autumn) where so many young lives are destroyed so soon.

As parents, we have to do better, we have to monitor our children more closely, so they don't become victims, or perpetrators. Parenting is a hard job, but we signed up for it when we brought them into the world.

Bless little Jessica's heart and soul. This baby my rest in peace now.

I didn't want to say that but.....one friend mentioned he only hung out with women and he was "just one of us" and what could be a vocal confirmation of him on Youtube his voice does sound like it has a lisp.

And on other though, this doesn't feel like a crime of rage or even hate. More so a person without emotions or with contempt for human life wanting to finally see what it is like to kill and dismember. It's seems more like just an experiment for him.

....if this is true then he's REALLY-REALLY sick person and not belong to human society....even animals wouldn't do that for an 'experiment' purpose...
Hope, he wouldn't plea insanity. Just read on ABC news that he'll be tried as an adult!...I'm glad he's out from street...and I feel very sorry for Jessica's and his mothers.

jmo

I will be very, very interested to see how this one unfolds.

Questions I have -

any relevance to the cross?
any staging?
any accomplices?
any communications with LE, media, multimedia, or family?
any warnings?

I find it very, very difficult to believe this kid just got up one day and thought "I'm going to dissect me a victim".

I don't know, if he is a sick individual I think I can see this happening.

Pretty contradictory reports on local 9news at 4 PM.

First they report he is a student who left Stanley HS (in Westminster), got his GED and was a student at Arapahoe Community College in the only program that has certified mortuary program in Colorado.

THEN they talk to two girls in Chelsea park who claim they went to Standley HS with him. They claim he was at their school up until two days ago (their counselors told them this today, supposedly) and describe him as "goth".

The first story matches the booking sheet from the arrest. Not sure how that second story by the HS girls fits in.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member