CO - Jessica Ridgeway, 10, Westminster, 5 Oct. 2012 - #22

Status
Not open for further replies.
yes, it's a very simplistic statement. with Alyssa, she had too much anger. family life and personal history of abuse, abandonment, drugs, massive depression, cutting, etc, and a high dose of prozac that she self prescribed.

a thrill kill is never just a thrill kill. the feeling of thrill is b/c the other feelings are so repressed it takes something that actually touches the depth of anger or pain to elicit a response enough that the killer actually feels something beyond their own deadened emotional capacity.

Do you remember her and her brothers electrocuting themselves on the electric fence?

some people in the last thread were talking about whether AS might have had access to other vehicles. Didn't someone say that his fathers house had a 15 car garage? And I think his Dad was out of town a lot. So I bet he had chances to 'borrow' vehicles from his dad's house.
I stated in a previous thread that the Google satellite view (don't know the date of that image) shows about 15 different vehicles parked at the property.

No idea about Dad being out of town a lot, or whether AS had access to other vehicles, just clarifying the 15-car bit.

HTH

Excuse me for sounding dumb but... Using them how? :waitasec:

Google it. You would be surprised. They smoke them, snort them. My friend started dissolving them in monster drinks. You buy them at smoke shops or head shops. They make you nuts.

Little is known about how many people use "bath salts".[5] In the UK, mephedrone is the fourth most commonly used drug among nightclub goers after cannabis, MDMA and cocaine.[5] Based on reports to the American Association of Poison Control Centers, use of "bath salts" in the US is thought to have increased significantly between 2010 and 2011.[5] The increase in use is thought to be a result of their widespread availability and sensationalist media coverage.[9]

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bath_salts_(drug)

A Brief History Of The Crazy Drug Tied To Cannibalism
Erin Fuchs | Jun. 17, 2012, 7:13 PM | 58,109 | 19

inShare13
Email
More

Zombies

Flickr / rodolpho.reis

Zombies
The use of a hallucinogen tied to a recent cannibal attack has skyrocketed in recent years.

That drug, known as bath salts, has reportedly been linked to some pretty crazy behavior – including the face-eating attack in Miami.

Read more: http://www.businessinsider.com/10-f...to-cannibal-attacks-2012-6?op=1#ixzz2AX4scx3G

yes, it's a very simplistic statement. with Alyssa, she had too much anger. family life and personal history of abuse, abandonment, drugs, massive depression, cutting, etc, and a high dose of prozac that she self prescribed.

a thrill kill is never just a thrill kill. the feeling of thrill is b/c the other feelings are so repressed it takes something that actually touches the depth of anger or pain to elicit a response enough that the killer actually feels something beyond their own deadened emotional capacity.

in this sick sense, it is the killer's way of trying to live and allow their inner life and feelings an outlet. it's an attempt to feel whole and healthy. like people who use drugs & alcohol to self medicate and feel something besides anger and hurt. it's dysfunctional and unhealthy and dangerous but it's an attempt on the perp's part to feel alive. a very deep primal instinct amidst some serious issues.

Excllent analysis of AB specifically and thrill killers in general IMO.

no, I didn't hear that part. trying to feel something AND to kill themselves at the same time?

Her brothers were little kids at the time she was having them race to the fence and grab it it was electrified!

emo was the rage at that time!

A Brief History Of The Crazy Drug Tied To Cannibalism
Erin Fuchs | Jun. 17, 2012, 7:13 PM | 58,109 | 19

inShare13
Email
More

Zombies

Flickr / rodolpho.reis

Zombies
The use of a hallucinogen tied to a recent cannibal attack has skyrocketed in recent years.

That drug, known as bath salts, has reportedly been linked to some pretty crazy behavior – including the face-eating attack in Miami.

Read more: http://www.businessinsider.com/10-f...to-cannibal-attacks-2012-6?op=1#ixzz2AX4scx3G

I'm pretty sure that only pot was found in his system, fwiw.

no, I didn't hear that part. trying to feel something AND to kill themselves at the same time?

IIRC ABsuggested this game to her little brothers, and yes, to the first, possibly yes to the second. AB is one very dangerous, messed up girl. Similar to AS in that respect.

I'm pretty sure that only pot was found in his system, fwiw.

They don't test for bathsalts and/or can't be detected. That is one of the reasons they use them as an alternative to other drugs. I was told that's one of the problems when cps takes kids away. They can't monitor if the parents are clean or not before they give the kids back.

Body of young woman found in Clear Creek - The Denver Post http://www.denverpost.com/news/ci_18381728?source=bb#ixzz2AWwVadXX
Read The Denver Post's Terms of Use of its content: http://www.denverpost.com/termsofuse

I couldn't find much more about this, but the comment is interesting. This article was from June, 2011. FWIW, Wheat Ridge is very close to Arvada and Westy.
SBM

BBM - Ty, Spamelope, for the link. And, yes, I too find the first (& only) comment interesting. Personally, ppl who immediately "jump on LE" when a tragedy occurs, tends to tell me more abt the commenter/poster than it does abt subj LE. (Hope that's clear to everybody...)

It is interesting that AS was attending school in Arapahoe County and the dad's house would be much closer than the mom's house. I wonder if AS and his brother spent much time with the dad.

I missed all of the (now with the mods for dry-cleaning) last thread due to the fact I went outside to my Jeep where I... held my left foot up, right elbow down, peered into the rear view mirror, squinted real hard, twirled the windshield wiper blades in examination, all the while listening to "Du Hast" on the cd player, and then... I did it all backwards. I came up with nothing.

I hope we're talking about something new now :D

** This case is so very sad in so many ways, but I couldn't resist poking some fun at "us"

Has anyone suspected bath salts? People who use them do some freaky sh#t. I just found out an acquaintance of mine is using them and turning into a freak. It's really common now as they don't show up in a drug test and no way of knowing. If you're semi freaky anyway, it would be easy to get into this stuff.

I'm at least 2-3 threads behind again :) but, BBM, I just had to say I freaking HATE HATE HATE that stuff. I've never tried it, never will, but seriously? From the little bit I've read it's basically poison reformulated to be create an effect that's sort of combo between cocaine and meth. Even though they're supposedly illegal in my state I see them in convenience stores. Right next to the "5 Hour Energy" there'll be bath salts named things like "Widowmaker" and "Black M amba." All just IMO and what I've heard/read, I can find links if anyone wants them. I kind of doubt it's related to this case though. Seems like this was a much deeper problem and has been going on a lot longer than "let's snort some poison and see what happens." IMO.

Has anyone suspected bath salts? People who use them do some freaky sh#t. I just found out an acquaintance of mine is using them and turning into a freak. It's really common now as they don't show up in a drug test and no way of knowing. If you're semi freaky anyway, it would be easy to get into this stuff.

I seriously doubt it. Bath Salts can cause psychotic and sometimes violent behavior, but also an extremely disorganized thought process. This was an organized, relatively well thought out crime. Not trying to give AS more credit than he deserves, but it's not something that anyone would be able to pull off in a drug-induced psychosis.

I think the fact that he made at least one prior attempt tells us this was not a spur of the moment or drug induced act. Actually, if we are to believe that the attempted abduction at Ketner Lake in 2010 was his doing (and police have said from the beginning they felt the two incidents were related) that means he has been an active (if not succesful) predator since he was 15 years old :what:

It is interesting that AS was attending school in Arapahoe County and the dad's house would be much closer than the mom's house. I wonder if AS and his brother spent much time with the dad.

That is a very good question and the andswer may be gleaned if we see LE activity around dad, his properties, vehicles, etc in the days to come. If so then we can assume if LE feels that AS had access to these places then he probably did and that would confirm dad's involvement in his sons' lives. If LE does not investigate those things we can probably assume he was not part of their lives any real degree.

:cow:

I missed all of the (now with the mods for dry-cleaning) last thread due to the fact I went outside to my Jeep where I... held my left foot up, right elbow down, peered into the rear view mirror, squinted real hard, twirled the windshield wiper blades in examination, all the while listening to "Du Hast" on the cd player, and then... I did it all backwards. I came up with nothing.

I hope we're talking about something new now :D

Hahaha! Thanks for taking one for the team. :seeya:

I did have a new observation about the jeep video, but I'm keeping it to myself now. : :):

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fesmike