CO - Jessica Ridgeway, 10, Westminster, 5 Oct. 2012 - #22

Status
Not open for further replies.
LOl I deleteted the obit it was the wrong name lol

For those asking about BTK. The story was fascinating in that the murders stopped only to return again years later in the same town. He communicated with LE through the newspapers so the public had increased fear reading his about his communications. He would bound then torture and kill. Bind Torture Kill was a name he gave himself. He seemed to want his victim dead. Posing one's body with make up in a church he had attended.
With this desire to kill to get his kicks he is sort of like AS. We have yet to learn what his sexual fantasies are but likely he is into necrophilia. Also he was an elder in his church and family man. AS is also someone you would not expect to commit such a crime. Both crimes have the essence of a dead heart. BTK's confession in court was sterile, unemotional. It makes me think that both of them viewed people as objects. Some of BTK's acquaintances spoke of him as being mean. Going so far as to measure their lawn with a ruler in order to ticket them for city ordinance violations. He also was said to have many dog collars that were thought to be of animals he came across in his job and killed.

Many sexual predators are emulators/copycats. BTK was a copy cat of a prior serial killer. With the recent arrest of Austin Reed Siggs, the tragic cycle continues, imo...:

http://lawandorder.wikia.com/wiki/RDK
RDK (short for "Rape, Dismember, Kill") was a notorious serial killer who raped, mutilated, and murdered several women back in the seventies and who was never identified or captured. His crimes were later recreated by a frustrated crime novelist named Humphrey Becker. (SVU: "Scavenger")

In the 1970s, Captain Donald Cragen and Sergeant Max Greevey investigates an unknown man began to rape and murder women. It was never understood why, but by the time he'd finished, five women were dead, their bodies mutilated. A sixth woman, Jeannette Henley, survived; during her rape, he poured gasoline on her skin to torture her, and she managed to grab the bottle and splashed it in his eyes. 25 years later RDK was later re-created by a...

RDK was probably based on the notorious BTK (for "Bind, Torture, Kill"), another anonymous serial killer. However, BTK was later identified as Dennis Rader, who has since been locked away for his crimes.

RDK hung his first victim, then with a knife he cut his second victim's skin which led to her bleeding to death, then he possibly drowned his third victim and decapitated his fourth victim.
Read more-

Copycat serial killer Eric Olson also copied BTK Rader's M.O. during one of his murders, though he raped that victim while Rader did not do that to any of his victims.

"Go Figure"... The problem is when you have a very intelligent serial killer that emulates/copycats many serial killers prior, changing up their MOs and signatures as did Gary Michael Hilton(GA). FBI VICAP knew that an abnormal amount of women were missing up and down the east coast/Appalacians, yet thought it was many, when it was only one, imo...

FYI- http://www.trutv.com/library/crime/about/authors/lohr/index.html
David Lohr ... who writes for Huffington Post and the Examiner, was instrumental in identifying BTK...imo

There were videos posted on Youtube. Alyssa and her two brothers on the grandparents farm/land. It was eerie.

Wasnt it tho?
and they would hit each other with bats.

Wasnt her dad in jail for murder or something mom too?

I stated in a previous thread that the Google satellite view (don't know the date of that image) shows about 15 different vehicles parked at the property.

No idea about Dad being out of town a lot, or whether AS had access to other vehicles, just clarifying the 15-car bit.

HTH

OK, great. Thanks for the clarification.

I do believe that Dad had a few vehicles laying around his home. And it has been said he traveled for business. He was away on business in Mexico when AS was arrested.

We saw recent pictures of AS, with his little brother and their Dad. And LE was searching Dad's property I believe. So they must think that AS had been there recently.

I think AS knew how to get onto his Dad's property and he probably knew where the car keys were kept. JMO

:shush:When an arrest is made, I typically follow the case for maybe another day perhaps, then leave it until trial or the verdict type thing. I am finding this case different for me personally as I am still here. I realize more answers will probably not come until trial, but I just have a feeling this story isn't over yet. :waiting: Maybe when I hear all her remains are found...and her family can have a funeral...:please:

is this Jessica's or Alyssa's thread?

It is Jessica's but the comparison is quite valid.

If anyone is interested in reading/watching/looking at pics from Elizabeth Olten's case (murdered brutally by Alyssa) then check out the case archive. I have everything saved and the fence vid is there too.

http://s296.photobucket.com/albums/mm166/crankycrankerson/Elizabeth Olten -MO-/

AND NOW.... Back to Jessica...

Case archive is here:
http://s296.photobucket.com/albums/mm166/crankycrankerson/Jessica Ridgeway -CO-/

It is Jessica's but the comparison is quite valid.

If anyone is interested in reading/watching/looking at pics from Elizabeth Olten's case (murdered brutally by Alyssa) then check out the case archive. I have everything saved and the fence vid is there too.

http://s296.photobucket.com/albums/mm166/crankycrankerson/Elizabeth Olten -MO-/

AND NOW.... Back to Jessica...

Case archive is here:
http://s296.photobucket.com/albums/mm166/crankycrankerson/Jessica Ridgeway -CO-/

Thanks, Amanda.

I think I see what is going on. My last post has been deleted.

Really appreciate all you do!!

Just one question re: "Bath Salts": Were they ever used for baths or were they always meant to be used as some kind of mood enhancing drug? If not, then who decided that it might be a good idea to ingest/smoke soap?.

they arent actual bath salts, they just look like them

It would be really nice if we could get some folks that were friends, family, acquaintainces, or neighbors of predator Austin Reed Siggs, to join and become verified on websleuths to share in their thoughts. As far as I know, the honorable judge's authority does not overide the 1st amendment of the US Constitution.
After all why should he care, his family has been updated, made aware, and warned for their safety...imo..

After all if a mountain lion or grizzly bear was seen or active in a neighborhood. The public would be warned. Yet when a predator such as Austin Reed Siggs has been preying on our families, friends, and loved ones, and may have sidekicks/associates, a gag order is issued? What's up with that?

http://thesteadydrip.blogspot.com/2008/09/bear-warning.html
BEAR WARNING !

The Colorado State Department of Fish and Wildlife is advising hikers, hunters and golfers to take extra precautions and keep alert for bears while in the Dillon, Breckenridge, and Keystone areas. They advise people to wear noise-producing devices such as little bells on their clothing to alert but not startle the bears unexpectedly. They also advise the carrying of pepper spray in case of an encounter with a bear. It is also a good idea to watch for fresh signs of bear activity.

:shush:When an arrest is made, I typically follow the case for maybe another day perhaps, then leave it until trial or the verdict type thing. I am finding this case different for me personally as I am still here. I realize more answers will probably not come until trial, but I just have a feeling this story isn't over yet. :waiting: Maybe when I hear all her remains are found...and her family can have a funeral...:please:

Dee10, how is this case different to the many others, iyo?

Dee10, how is this case different to the many others, iyo?

We still haven't heard if all her remains are found, will he be tied to any more cases...IDK I just feel or am not sure if it is over just yet. :waitasec:

We still haven't heard if all her remains are found, will he be tied to any more cases...IDK I just feel or am not sure if it is over just yet. :waitasec:

I agree.This case and Autumns have made my shed more tears than any other.Maybe because I still can not understand the "why".....Plus I have daughters this age so all I can think of is them or their friends when I see the pictures of these girls.

I am the same way, except I don't usually come back for the trial. I like to know the verdict but there are always new missing people's threads to keep up with and I can't follow them all.

Does he have accomplices?

I remember watching footage of an attempted abduction outside a nightclub, where the woman got away. LE said that attempt was linked with the one in the park because a chemical rag was used also.

In that attempt, a third party was driving so there was at least one other person in the car.

This case is so sad, and so scary; Jessica was literally murdered by "the boy next door." I'll bet he had been watching her for quite a while, figured he'd do better to prey on a child to make it easier to snatch and control his victim. I know he was treated for *advertiser censored* addiction a while back?? Jeez, he started watching *advertiser censored* at a very young age! Where was all this access to *advertiser censored* coming from? I wonder if his home internet use was monitored at all... probably not... sounds like he spent a lot of time on his own, with a lot of freedom> but that is the case for a lot of teens, and they don't murder and mutilate. I wonder if the sexual assault was his #1 intent; I tend to think that he was most interested in watching her die and cutting her up. I think he thoroughly enjoyed dismembering her. MONSTER.

I remember watching footage of an attempted abduction outside a nightclub, where the woman got away. LE said that attempt was linked with the one in the park because a chemical rag was used also.

In that attempt, a third party was driving so there was at least one other person in the car.

Excellent point, SapphireSteel...

I don't remember LE ever saying publicly those two incidences were connected, but of course they would be looking for evidence of such. How many people use chemicals on a rag to try & subdue someone these days? Also didn't both women say the chemical burned? I am on the fence about an accomplice. :fence:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BJarv