CO - Jessica Ridgeway, 10, Westminster, 5 Oct. 2012 - #23

Status
Not open for further replies.
http://www.denverpost.com/prosperitygospel/ci_4459571

I know this is a very long article but I found it very, very interesting (information about AS's father).

I wonder if AS was an active member of the youth group?

I remember an interview with a girl that knew Austin and I believe she said that they met through church.

"Danni says she dated Sigg twice, first when he was an 8th grader at Wayne Carl Middle School and again when he was a freshman at Standley Lake High School.

"He was so sweet and so kind. I know that heart is still in him. But sometimes things happen that change people," Danni said.

She says they first met at Warehouse: 180 in Arvada, which is a gathering place for Christian teens. It may help explain the small wooden cross Westminster police call a vital clue.

"We went to church together. It wouldn't surprise me if he wore a cross. He always wore a necklace similar to the one in his mug shot," Danni said.

http://www.ksdk.com/news/article/34...pect-Austin-Sigg-was-sweet-ex-girlfriend-says

school mates made these comments about him being very smart.

She said Sigg was into music and computers and excelled even in advanced courses.

Parmiter and another friend Ashley Philbrook, 18, described Sigg as sweet and "very smart."

Read more: Police: Suspect in Jessica Ridgeway murder is 17-year-old boy - The Denver Post http://www.denverpost.com/breakingnews/ci_21844711/arrest-made-jessica-ridgeway-case#ixzz2Aw9NkwMd
Read The Denver Post's Terms of Use of its content: http://www.denverpost.com/termsofuse
I got this from your link.
She said Sigg was into music and computers and excelled even in advanced courses. She said he had always been "a total sweetheart" and a favorite of teachers.

Now I wonder what the "advanced courses" were. Music? Computers? Other?

http://www.denverpost.com/breakingnews/ci_21844711/arrest-made-jessica-ridgeway-case#ixzz2Aw9NkwMd

O/T Watched the first 5 minutes of "No Country for Old Men" on Bravo tonight. Decided this is "no movie for old women" & quickly switched the channel. LOL

O/T Watched the first 5 minutes of "No Country for Old Men" on Bravo tonight. Decided this is "no movie for old women" & quickly switched the channel. LOL

That movie gave me the agita and some very scary dreams for a week. And I think Javier Bardem is so daggum sexy, but in that movie he was pure evil. :eek:

hindsight being 20/20 and all, I agree, but looking at the picture of him on screen right just makes my neck hairs stand on end and I have to scroll and get the image off my screen. it's a visceral reaction, not mental/intellectual.

I believe the newspaper is correct that he may have a previous charge or charges. Makes me wonder about the woman that was found in the creek or if there are other possibilities given the statement he has a previous record.

[FONT=&quot]Juvenile records[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Most state open records laws contain an exemption for juvenile records, protective custody and delinquency records.4 For most juvenile records, access is limited to the juvenile, his or her parents or guardians, or other parties directly involved in a legal matter. Some states, such as Tennessee and Colorado, allow for some
disclosure depending on the age of the juvenile and the severity of the crime
. [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]http://www.rcfp.org/private-eyes/juvenile-records[/FONT]

Trick or Treating foot traffic was very light in my nearby Englewood neighborhood tonight. Weather was nice but had fewer than a dozen parties at my door. Hate to think this story scared people from a normal holiday night for kids. Last year, the weather was colder and we got slammed with costumed kids.

I'd guess Austin was into some serious bondage or homosexual *advertiser censored* that freaked his family out. Just never heard of a 15 year old getting treated for *advertiser censored* addiction. We didn't have the internet in the 80s, but if a teen was caught with VHS *advertiser censored* or magazines, it was just a boys-will-be-boys attitude and maybe a light punishment. But if it was some alternative lifestyle material, a counselor would have been notified. Maybe attitudes are different today?

ToTing was light her in Superior as well. We did see the Sheriff come through the neighborhood at least once.

No one was trick-or-treating in my state either. That's because we just had a hurricane. It was rescheduled for Monday, because we realize just how important something like that is for kids, and how they wait all year for it. I don't understand why these parents don't go trick-or-treating with their kids. You're telling me that a group of kids, not one parent can go T&Ting with them? What did these parents do other years?

Kids on the East Coast can't go trick-or-treating because their homes are gone, flooding, trees are down, power lines down, etc. Kids in Colorado can't go trick-or-treating because....???

Trick or Treating foot traffic was very light in my nearby Englewood neighborhood tonight. Weather was nice but had fewer than a dozen parties at my door. Hate to think this story scared people from a normal holiday night for kids. Last year, the weather was colder and we got slammed with costumed kids.

ToTing was light her in Superior as well. We did see the Sheriff come through the neighborhood at least once.

Very, very light in Littleton also. Despite having some of the nicest weather I remember in awhile on Halloween.

Kids on the East Coast can't go trick-or-treating because their homes are gone, flooding, trees are down, power lines down, etc. Kids in Colorado can't go trick-or-treating because....???

I know a lot of shopping centers, rec centers, churches were having events also to try to make people feel safer and my guess is that many took advantage of those events. Just guessing though. I really don't know only that there were lots less than previous years.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dionbrother

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cashew

Quote: SMH
Very, very light in Littleton also. Despite having some of the nicest weather I remember in awhile on Halloween.

MOO, the CO community, has suffered a very traumatic reality, and the perception of public safety will not be the same as it was pre-10/05/2012, for many years to come.
Sadly the community is living in a new life's normal. The parents will be much more aware and protective, and the children will be.......

In Westminster on Wednesday night, Nawang Sangmo said the shock and fear of the neighborhood's tragedy is only starting to wear off, more so for her than for her 8-year-old son, Tenzin Amdo, and 7-year-old daughter, Wangmo Amdo.
"It's pretty scary," she said. "I couldn't let them go outside right after, and I'm still afraid when they go outside."

In wake of Jessica's slaying, focus was on a safe and fun Halloween - The Denver Post

http://www.denverpost.com/breakingn...-neighborhood-patrols-halloween#ixzz2Aws7x9xL

We're over 100 miles from the Denver Metro area, but in Pueblo, there were activities and heavy trick or treating. I know that if there had been no arrest in Jessica's murder, my kids would not have gone trick or treating- I don't care how far from Westminster we are. I enjoy tradition, though, so I was glad to see the kids out running from door to door and having a blast. At about 7 pm, we went to the church. Kind of the best of both worlds....

I'd guess Austin was into some serious bondage or homosexual *advertiser censored* that freaked his family out. Just never heard of a 15 year old getting treated for *advertiser censored* addiction. We didn't have the internet in the 80s, but if a teen was caught with VHS *advertiser censored* or magazines, it was just a boys-will-be-boys attitude and maybe a light punishment. But if it was some alternative lifestyle material, a counselor would have been notified. Maybe attitudes are different today?

Hmm....

I don't think Austin is gay, considering his victimology and the fact that he has had at least one girlfriend (many people here seem to think otherwise, I don't know why :waitasec:) Being gay is also not an "alternative lifestyle", in this day in age, and the viewing of gay *advertiser censored* would not be anything that required treatment. Unless, perhaps, it was some kind of faith based counseling.

I think that Austin had an addiction to *advertiser censored* that was affecting his day to day functioning. Most *advertiser censored* addicts also require increasingly extreme and deviant material to achieve stimulation-often material that veers into illegal territory. It is a combination of escalating consumption, and escalating deviancy, that would fit the criteria of a sexual disorder requiring treatment. No clinician is going to treat a 15 year old for any type of sexual disorder unless there is a pretty serious problem.

The *advertiser censored* counseling is very interesting to me, because it fits right in with what I think may be Austin's underlying pathology-Malignant Narcissim:

[ame="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Malignant_narcissism"]Malignant narcissism - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia[/ame]

There are many different manifestations of this particular disorder, but I think this one fits him to a "T":

4. THE SEXUAL NARCISSIST is often hypersexual (male or female). *advertiser censored*, masturbation, incest are reported by his targets. Anything, anyone, young, old, male/female, are there for his gratification. This predator takes what is available. Can have a preference for 'sado-maso' sexuality. Often easily bored, he demands increasingly deviant stimulation.

(Source: http://www.drirene.com/catbox/index.php?showtopic=40676)

When he told LE that he dismembered Jessica because killing her didn't give him enough "joy", malignant narcissism was the first thing that popped into my head. It is a common trait among serial killers, and I think it goes a long way towards explaining many of Austin's actions and behaviors. And I think that what we have learned about him so far is only the tip of the iceburg.

I was pretty impressed tonight, I think it's the only time ever I've seen parents trick-or-treating with every child that came. Usually we get at least one group of kids that scare me because they're so young and mostly unsupervised. Spamelope I'm with you, I love the tradition of it, but I also want the kids to be safe. One young girl showed up at our door alone but her Dad was right behind her, she was just running door to door when she managed to get her hand free from her Dad's. She and all the kids were having so much fun.

Gotta admit it makes me super angry that Jessica and her friends weren't out running around having just as much fun tonight. :( She should have been! But I'm glad that for the most part kids still can and they're mostly pretty supervised from what I could tell.

As a quick aside on the trick-or-treating I found it funny that it was surprisingly nice weather most of the evening but then POURED down rain at roughly the point the questionable trick-or-treaters would've been coming out. About the time we were thinking "c'mon go to bed already" the kids/teens were running for their homes trying to protect their candy from the sudden rain. I know it's a strange thing to think of but it seemed so child-like, so teen-like even... it made me smile and cry all at once. The awfulness that has happened to these children, both Jessica and AS, it's just hard to even believe. IMO.

I was pretty impressed tonight, I think it's the only time ever I've seen parents trick-or-treating with every child that came. Usually we get at least one group of kids that scare me because they're so young and mostly unsupervised. Spamelope I'm with you, I love the tradition of it, but I also want the kids to be safe. One young girl showed up at our door alone but her Dad was right behind her, she was just running door to door when she managed to get her hand free from her Dad's. She and all the kids were having so much fun.

Gotta admit it makes me super angry that Jessica and her friends weren't out running around having just as much fun tonight. :( She should have been! But I'm glad that for the most part kids still can and they're mostly pretty supervised from what I could tell.
I went with my 5 y.o. DD but at her request hung back on the sidewalk while she went up to each house (she wants to be Miss Independent, just like Jessica!) There was one sweet older man who didn't see me though, and became very concerned and asked her if she had anyone watching after her. I overheard him, and came up to the door just to let him know she was being supervised. He seemed quite embarrassed, but I told him "thank you" for looking out for her well-being, even though it was a false alarm. It really warmed my heart, just knowing that there are still people like him in the world willing to stick their necks out to protect our children.

I went with my 5 y.o. DD but at her request hung back on the sidewalk while she went up to each house (she wants to be Miss Independent, just like Jessica!) There was one sweet older man who didn't see me though, and became very concerned and asked her if she had anyone watching after her. I overheard him, and came up to the door just to let him know she was being supervised. He seemed quite embarrassed, but I told him "thank you" for looking out for her well-being, even though it was a false alarm. It really warmed my heart, just knowing that there are still people like him in the world willing to stick their necks out to protect our children.

Aw that is sweet, and good! Hope you and your DD had fun. My husband cracks me up because if he answers the door (we trade off between door-answering and dog-calming-down) he always comments on the child's costume (nothing yucky, just stuff like "cool costume!") and then asks "where are your parents? did they dress up? If they did, they should come pick out some candy too." I think it's to make sure there's someone with the kid(s). I'm always pretty happy to see the somewhat embarassed parent(s) step around the corner and pick out some M&Ms or something. I never think to ask that, I'm usually just focused on the kids' costumes and making sure they all get some candy, but I do try and it makes me feel good to know people are watching out for the kids.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500