CO - Jessica Ridgeway, 10, Westminster, 5 Oct. 2012 - #23

Status
Not open for further replies.
My wife took my 3 year-old son out for his first Trick or Treating last night, and I think he ended up with a huge plunder of candy simply because the activity was so light last night(neighbors just overloaded him with treats). He thought it was the greatest event ever, of course. Can't fathom any parent depriving their kid of that kind of fun just because of a solved crime.

My wife took my 3 year-old son out for his first Trick or Treating last night, and I think he ended up with a huge plunder of candy simply because the activity was so light last night(neighbors just overloaded him with treats). He thought it was the greatest event ever, of course. Can't fathom any parent depriving their kid of that kind of fun just because of a solved crime.

I took my 3 year old too :) She had a great time. Not letting some 17 year old Monster change our traditions.

We had quite a few kids...my guess would be around 100. Of course, my neighbor goes all out and fixes up his front yard and driveway with zombies, smoke machine, etc. so we get lots of trick or treater's because we live next to the "awesome" house lol.

It seems things in our neighborhood were about the same as other years, except I definitely saw many more parents last night.

O/T Watched the first 5 minutes of "No Country for Old Men" on Bravo tonight. Decided this is "no movie for old women" & quickly switched the channel. LOL

StJ, do you live on St. John? One of my favorite places in the world...so beautiful.

2pow0if-b.jpg

Great pic! Hmm... I think this might be close to the one that confused me on the pool thing. There was a personal water craft mentioned in some of the legal docs that had to be sold along with the motorhome shortly before AS mom's bankruptcy. I pictured something like a "Jet-Ski" but maybe it was actually a boat. The size of the object in this pic looks too big to be a Jet-Ski type thing.

As far as the pool, I've thought it was the rectangular concrete thing behind the house, but the white square above it threw me off. After seeing Otto's pics, I think maybe it's an upstairs deck/patio blocking part of the pool in aerial pics, but there's also that rounded 'thing' behind it, sort of peanut shaped, that looks closer to what I picture a pool looking like, at least here in California - more rounded and darker. I could be seeing it completely wrong though.

No real opinions to add I guess but just some thoughts.

The Denver Post showed a picture of kids trick or treating at the Denver police station (I think, already threw my paper away). They apparently hold an event every year but it sounded like a decent turn out last night. I really think people just chose to attend organized events rather than going around the neighborhood.

For whomever said that CO has forever been changed, I agree with you. I'm sure next year will be much better and more relaxed. But Jessica's murder and all these other attempted abductions are just too fresh on our hearts and minds. I do not blame parents one bit for the way they are feeling.

Since the documents have all been sealed, does anyone know if that means they will be released as the trial progresses, or after the trial? Or perhaps not at all? I am not interested in gruesome details, but it's only natural that the public is interested in the information the police have. If only to help protect our children and learn from it in the future.

Can someone please help me understand why there are 4 1st degree murder charges? Is murder during a kidnapping always classified as 1st degree murder? Is it that type of thing?

I can't help you understand probably, sorry! Only because it confuses me as well. In the few cases I've followed that turned out to be homicides there were numerous charges of murder when just one person was killed, for some reason. Completely guessing as I have no expertise in this area, but I'm thinking maybe they put whatever charges they think they can possibly get, in order to be able to negotiate later but still keep the person in prison. Maybe murder, aggravated murder, murder with kidnapping, etc. are all legally/technically different charges?

I've mentioned it briefly here on the forum, I'm forgetting which thread now, but my husband's friend was in prison for awhile due to possessing (and I think selling though he's never admitted it at least to me) prescription painkillers. NO I don't think it's ok but I take some comfort in the fact that it's not what I'd consider a violent crime. Anyway he was originally charged with a dozen or so felonies. Some of them seemed so redundant and some were pretty off the wall to me. Once the lawyers were done doing their thing it was down to a few, and once the fake "prison time" kicked in (where every day equals quite a few real days), what was supposedly a 10+ year sentence turned into just a bit over a year. I hope that they're way less lenient when it comes to violent crime, but I don't know. I suspect that especially for offenses as disgusting as this one, they throw as many charges at the person as possible, so that as many as possible will stick.

Just to clarify, I think he's assumed to be gay because he appears and sounds very effeminate. I knew several gay men in high school that had girlfriends, but came out of the closet while in college, although they were so effeminate in their mannerisms, that we'd all known they were gay since the third grade. They were even sexually active with their girlfriends, so maybe bisexual would be the proper term.

Not judging gays in general with the "alternative lifestyle" label(which I lump BDSM types into), since I'm old enough to remember when it was considered a "choice" and even a mental disorder. If Siggs considered himself an "Otaku" (Japanese phrase for anime nerd), he might have seriously been into the Japanese schoolgirl, bondage rape-*advertiser censored* cartoons. That stuff would send any normal adult to the phone for counseling.

It depends on his household and how his family felt about such content. I wouldn't be surprised if it was a faith-based, pray-the-gay-away situation, or the maybe there has been a surge in *advertiser censored*-addiction treatments among teens. We'll likely learn more in the future.

Also, rape is more about power than sex, and if he was bullied by teen girls, killing and molesting a very young girl seems more of an act of revenge against those he felt too impotent to confront in school, regardless of his sexual orientation.

Or as Chris Rock once said "Whatever happened to just being CRAZY!"[/quote]

BBM

OMG! I swear I was just thinking about that standup routine by Chris Rock yesterday! I think it's called Bigger and Blacker. Anyway, not to get a racial debate started but I remember it was a few years after Columbine and he talks about how he is scared of "young white boys". LOL He said he was on an elevator and two young white boys stepped on and he just dove off saying "Y'all ain't killing me!". They wanted him to come talk to the kids at an all white high school he said "You got a bullet proof vest? Maybe I'll think about it!". Of course this is not a laughing matter but I thought it was funny how he pointed out it seems like the young white boys are committing these awful crimes mostly.

The photos are from his instagram account. user name: dohastvath.

He is posing with a GF (?). Looks to be a school dance or something where he wore a suit and tried to color co-ordinate with her?

Anyway, I think he is trying to make an effort to be pleasant and look happy in the photos. Maybe that is his pleasant happy face.

Not everyone has a symmetrical face, in fact most peoples' left eye is higher than their right. (IMO and from extensive observation)

Good point, I've known a number of people who look great on camera as long as it's not a posed photo, as soon as they're asked to smile they look anywhere from not-so-great to ridiculous. And of course who has a great mugshot pic right? But that said I'm creeped out by AS' pics too.

Aww. Glad he had fun. I dunno, might've been the light turnout, but I always tend to load up the first-time-trick-or-treaters with lots of candy too. :)

Sometimes, men that do what Austin did start with peeping, or doing other inappropriate things ... something that may be in a sealed juvenile record. I'm wondering if the counseling that he received at the age of 15 may have been court ordered. I'm also wondering if he did something at school, like accessing *advertiser censored*, that led to the counseling.

My neighborhood is about 3 miles away from Witt Elementary School, and I wondered about how many trick or treaters would come. Usually it seems like HUNDREDS. So I made sure to have my lights on, and my plastic pumpkin lit up, and the storm door open. Even had my big standard poodle dressed up in his Halloween outfit, right at the front door.

I think the crowd may have been a little bit smaller, but it was really a very happy thing. Seeing all the princesses, and fairies, and spidermen trick or treating, petting my doggie, and the moms and dads waving from the sidewalk, well, it was a good thing.

Today someone from my neighborhood posted their gratitude on their facebook page, thanking our neighbors for making this a wonderful halloween for all the kids.

Looks like it may be a BBQ, but that definitely looks like kindling! Nothing else seems to be neatly stacked or arranged in that yard.

It's such a shame, IMO. The parents bought the house and made renovations. The top deck, the spiral staircase down to the pool... things that may indicate that they were going to have a nice life together there. From the condition of the yard, I'd say that dream faded quite a while ago.

Now, poor Jessica is gone and a 17 yr. old is locked up for her murder. So many people whose lives have been ruined.

Sometimes, men that do what Austin did start with peeping, or doing other inappropriate things ... something that may be in a sealed juvenile record. I'm wondering if the counseling that he received at the age of 15 may have been court ordered. I'm also wondering if he did something at school, like accessing *advertiser censored*, that led to the counseling.

BBM I hadn't thought of that before, IMO that actually makes a lot of sense. I have no idea if he was viewing *advertiser censored* at all, or what type if he was, but viewing just about any of it at school could lead to counseling.

This is what I see when I look at the backyard

siggpool2.jpg

(apologies to the person that originally found this screen shot in the video ... can't give credit where credit is due because I don't remember who posted it anymore)

I think the text is a bit too big ... oops

BBM I hadn't thought of that before, IMO that actually makes a lot of sense. I have no idea if he was viewing *advertiser censored* at all, or what type if he was, but viewing just about any of it at school could lead to counseling.

I thought I read that he was using his mother's credit card to buy the PPV *advertiser censored* stuff. That's what got him in *advertiser censored* trouble. It was in one of the first articles about him.

Thinking about his computer skills, he may have copied and distributed the *advertiser censored* to others.

StJ, do you live on St. John? One of my favorite places in the world...so beautiful.

No, just vacation there - love the unspoiled beauty! Maybe will live there one day if I win the lottery :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zootopian2