CO - Kimberlee Singler, 35, charged w/murder of her children, girl, 9 & boy, 7, injuring third child, age 11, CO Springs, 19 Dec 2023

Posted Jan 2, 2024 11:20 AM CST

A Colorado Springs woman accused of killing two of her young children and injuring a third will remain in Britain at least until the end of the month following her arrest there. Kimberlee Singler, 35, appeared in Westminster Magistrates' Court on Monday and didn't consent to her extradition to the US to face murder charges, reports the UK Times. Her next hearing is scheduled for Jan. 29.

Posted Jan 2, 2024 11:20 AM CST

A Colorado Springs woman accused of killing two of her young children and injuring a third will remain in Britain at least until the end of the month following her arrest there. Kimberlee Singler, 35, appeared in Westminster Magistrates' Court on Monday and didn't consent to her extradition to the US to face murder charges, reports the UK Times. Her next hearing is scheduled for Jan. 29.
Oh, OK — I get it now! Thanks.

New details on mom accused of killing her 2 kids revealed in court documents

EL PASO COUNTY, Colo — Just one day before a Colorado Springs mother was accused of killing her two young children and injuring a third, a judge granted an emergency motion that ordered the children to immediately be turned over to their father until a hearing in mid-January

Police announced that she was arrested in the UK on Dec. 30. She is due in court there next week as she awaits extradition back to Colorado.

Singler, who is now in custody in the United Kingdom, awaits an extradition hearing scheduled for Monday.

According to the U.S. Justice Department’s Criminal Division, extradition between the U.S. and the U.K. is controlled by a treaty between the two countries signed in 2003. The extradition process laid out in that treaty includes multiple factors that could affect Singler’s case back in Colorado Springs, and the timeline of her return.

The DOJ’s website states the extradition process is typically comprised of a judicial phase and an executive phase. The judicial phase begins at the time the suspect is found and arrested in the requested country.

“During the judicial phase, a court will determine whether the extradition request meets the requirements of the applicable extradition treaty and the law of the requested country,” according to the DOJ.

If it is decided that Singler can be extradited by a judicial authority, the case then enters the executive phase in which an executive government authority of the U.K. will determine whether they will surrender Singler for extradition.

Westminster Magistrates Court list for tomorrow. There's about 20 people listed for 10am in courtroom 4 so it might be a very quick hearing.

Screenshot_2024-01-28-15-13-27-569_com.android.chrome.jpg

So, I guess like Susan Smith she does her 30 years in prison - gets out - and marries one of her many admirers. One thing for sure I'd do and is never done - if I'm the husband and remaining child, I legally change my name very soon. Just me.
What do you mean?

It's still easy. I flew into the UK from a commonwealth country and flew into France from a Schengen country. Not once were we required to show our passport. Only on the way out of France did we have to go through passport control at the airport.
Bbm, I don't really travel but have never heard that term.

Monday, January 29th:
*Extradition Hearing (@ 10am UK) – UK/CO – Ellianna “Ellie” (9) & Aden (7) Wentz found dead & 11 year old girl injured on Dec. 19, 2023 at the Palomino Ranch Point Apts on Palomino Point near Tutt & Stetson Hills in Colorado Springs. [11 year old released 2 days later & is safe per spokesman, but not with her father] - *Kimberlee Singler (35) "mother" wanted for murder of 2 of her children & when arrested will be charged (12/26/23) with 4 counts of 1st degree murder (F1), 2 counts of Criminal attempted murder in the 1st degree (F2), 2 counts of child abuse (F2), 1 count of child abuse (F3) & 1 count of 1st degree assault (F3). $10M Bond. Police are searching for her after authorities received a report of a burglary at the apartment. Taken into custody 12/30/23 in Kensington in west London in the U.K. Awaiting extradition.
Case & court info from 12/19/23 thru 12/29/23 reference post #167 here:
https://www.websleuths.com/forums/t...rings-19-dec-2023-active-search.699880/page-9

12/30/23 Update: Singler was taken into custody in the United Kingdom on 12/30/23 per the Colorado Springs Police Dept. She was arrested by the National Crime Agency at a hotel in Kensington, west London & appeared at Westminster Magistrates' Court on New Year's Day, 1/1/24 facing extradition to the United States. Singler told the court she did not consent to being taken back to the U.S. She was remanded in custody & will next appear in court on 1/29/24 @ 10am.
1/3/24 Update: Child Custody: Court site shows Review hearing on 1/3/24 @ 1:30pm, with a pretrial coherence hearing still set on 1/10/24. 1/3/24 Update: No info on whether a hearing was held. Next on court site is pretrial conference hearing on 1/10/24 @ 3:30pm.
1/5/24 Update: Colorado Springs Police Chief Adrian Vasquez issued a statement. We will provide answers, to the extent we can, as soon as it is appropriate for us to do so. ”Extradition from the United Kingdom is controlled by a treaty between the United States & the United Kingdom that was signed in 2003. It is likely that Singler’s extradition will take a considerable amount of time & it is important to note that neither the United States nor the 4th Judicial District Attorney’s Office controls the pace of the extradition proceedings. If the UK courts rule a defendant can be extradited, an executive authority of the government must agree to the extradition. The process provides defendants with multiple appeal steps along the way. Singler’s arrest warrant, issued on behalf of the State of Colorado, remains sealed by the court. The warrant will likely remain sealed until Singler appears in court here in the 4th Judicial District.
1/29/24 Update: Child Custody Colorado Court site shows hearing on 3/29/24 @ 1:30pm.

In the hearing, Singler was asked to confirm details such as her identity, and date of birth.

The judge has postponed the next hearing until, Feb. 26.

Authorities believe the formal extradition paperwork filed by the United States will arrive by this date, so they can begin the process to extradite Singler back to Colorado Springs to face the charges.

In the hearing, Singler was asked to confirm details such as her identity, and date of birth.

The judge has postponed the next hearing until, Feb. 26.

Authorities believe the formal extradition paperwork filed by the United States will arrive by this date, so they can begin the process to extradite Singler back to Colorado Springs to face the charges.

Do I have that right? They are awaiting paperwork from the US?

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Justice Collector
Back