CO - Kimberlee Singler, 35, charged w/murder of her children, girl, 9 & boy, 7, injuring third child, age 11, CO Springs, 19 Dec 2023

Feb. 1, 2023

COLORADO SPRINGS, Colo. (KKTV) - Colorado mother, Kimberlee Singler, says she wrote up a motion for her divorce case at a public library detailing her version of events leading up to December 19th, when two of her children were found dead and her third child was found hurt.

The motion is shown below.

Feb. 1, 2023

COLORADO SPRINGS, Colo. (KKTV) - Colorado mother, Kimberlee Singler, says she wrote up a motion for her divorce case at a public library detailing her version of events leading up to December 19th, when two of her children were found dead and her third child was found hurt.

The motion is shown below.
This woman is FULL OF IT.
She says she's using a public computer at the public library because she doesn't have access to her house and belongings. And she cannot attend the custody status conference in person because she doesn't have access to her driver's license, and therefore, cannot drive herself anywhere.

How did she get to the library?
Where is she staying?
Does the public library also provide temporary housing?

She then says she can't attend in person/virtually/or otherwise because she has lacerations on her neck and wrists.

Why would that prevent her from attending the hearing virtually?

And she didn't even know about the hearing until late the night before because she was conveniently indisposed for 12 after she was attacked by the "someone" (not a man or a woman) who broke into the house. How convenient, that timing.

Wouldn't most people say "a man broke into my house" or "a woman broke into my house" and attacked me and my children instead of "someone broke into my house"?

I wonder what her excuse has been in the past for not showing... because IIRC there's a documented pattern of such behavior.

This woman is FULL OF IT.
She says she's using a public computer at the public library because she doesn't have access to her house and belongings. And she cannot attend the custody status conference in person because she doesn't have access to her driver's license, and therefore, cannot drive herself anywhere.

How did she get to the library?
Where is she staying?
Does the public library also provide temporary housing?

She then says she can't attend in person/virtually/or otherwise because she has lacerations on her neck and wrists.

Why would that prevent her from attending the hearing virtually?

And she didn't even know about the hearing until late the night before because she was conveniently indisposed for 12 after she was attacked by the "someone" (not a man or a woman) who broke into the house. How convenient, that timing.

Wouldn't most people say "a man broke into my house" or "a woman broke into my house" and attacked me and my children instead of "someone broke into my house"?

I wonder what her excuse has been in the past for not showing... because IIRC there's a documented pattern of such behavior.
I feel like we are moving into Letitia Stauch territory with all this nonsense.

Feb. 9, 2024

COLORADO SPRINGS, Colo. (KKTV) - WARNING: Details in this article can be hard to read as they pertain to the deaths of two children.

The autopsy reports for two children allegedly killed by their mother in Colorado Springs are shedding light on how the kids died.
[.....]
According to the autopsy reports obtained by 11 News and conducted by the El Paso County Coroner’s office, both kids died as a result of a gunshot wound to the head. One of the children also died as a result of “incised” wounds of the neck, on top of the gunshot wound. Both children also had potentially toxic levels of doxylamine in their blood, typically used as a sleep aid. While the documents are public material, KKTV 11 News is choosing to not share them in this article.
[.....]
While investigators believe Singler killed her children, she claimed in a written document someone broke into her home and attacked her and her kids.

Both children also had potentially toxic levels of doxylamine in their blood, typically used as a sleep aid.

It was premeditated, imo. And if they had toxic levels of the sleep aid in their bloodstream, I think prosecution can easily prove that it was premeditated.

I wonder if the gun was found? Or the knife (or whatever it was)?

That was difficult to read. Agree @vls12345, without a doubt premeditated. Did she think murdering children and leaving an adult alive wouldn't seem suspicious? A random intruder targeting children, really?

I'm curious about the oldest child now, was she able to fight back? How was it she lived through the murders?

That was difficult to read. Agree @vls12345, without a doubt premeditated. Did she think murdering children and leaving an adult alive wouldn't seem suspicious? A random intruder targeting children, really?

I'm curious about the oldest child now, was she able to fight back? How was it she lived through the murders?

Did she intend to do a murder/suicide but didn't follow all the way through? Did she kill the younger children first, then realize that she couldn't go through with the rest of her plans but still had to concoct some story to "make it look good"? So she injured herself & the oldest? Although, she seems very clear-headed in writing the request to the judge about not being able to appear on the 20th (?), as well as knowing to leave the country & (conveniently) end up in a location where the extradition process may take a long time to play out. Had she previously ever threatened her ex or children? Was her normal mode of being filled with possessiveness & jealousy?

Imo.

Did she intend to do a murder/suicide but didn't follow all the way through? Did she kill the younger children first, then realize that she couldn't go through with the rest of her plans but still had to concoct some story to "make it look good"? So she injured herself & the oldest? Although, she seems very clear-headed in writing the request to the judge about not being able to appear on the 20th (?), as well as knowing to leave the country & (conveniently) end up in a location where the extradition process may take a long time to play out. Had she previously ever threatened her ex or children? Was her normal mode of being filled with possessiveness & jealousy?

Imo.
Given what we know about the marital discord, which continued even after the divorce was finalized, up to the day she killed her own children. This woman considered herself above the law. Ultimately she had long ago decided, peacefully co-parenting was not an option she would ever consider.

IMO, she didn't intend to harm herself - narcissists don't do that. I won't be surprised when she returns to the US and builds her defense - the Father will be accused of doing horrible things to the children. She would rather end their lives, than allow him to continue to harm them. The drugging, mercifully prevented them from feeling anything ...

I can't see how it will be possible given the new details we've learned, but hoping an insanity defense won't fly.

I was just reading up on Soering v United Kingdom, could this end up being a factor in this case?
Capital punishment was abolished in Colorado in 2020. That's one of the reasons it got taken off the table for Letecia Stauch, even though Gannon's murder and everything else she did was brutal enough to qualify for the DP and technically she committed her crimes before the ending of it by a few months. The DA didn't want the phasing out of it between crime and judgement to be a problem for jurors or appeals, so they went for LWOP from the outset.

These crimes happened well after the abolition, so the death penalty is not an issue here.

MOO

Monday, February 26th:
*Extradition Hearing (@ 10am UK) – UK/CO – Ellianna “Ellie” (9) & Aden (7) Wentz found dead & 11 year old girl injured on Dec. 19, 2023 at the Palomino Ranch Point Apts on Palomino Point near Tutt & Stetson Hills in Colorado Springs. [11 year old released 2 days later & is safe per spokesman, but not with her father] - *Kimberlee Singler (35) "mother" wanted for murder of 2 of her children & when arrested will be charged (12/26/23) with 4 counts of 1st degree murder (F1), 2 counts of Criminal attempted murder in the 1st degree (F2), 2 counts of child abuse (F2), 1 count of child abuse (F3) & 1 count of 1st degree assault (F3). $10M Bond. Police are searching for her after authorities received a report of a burglary at the apartment. Taken into custody 12/30/23 in Kensington in west London in the U.K. Awaiting extradition.
Case & court info from 12/19/23 thru 1/5/24 reference post #218 here:
https://www.websleuths.com/forums/t...ings-19-dec-2023-active-search.699880/page-11

1/29/24 Update: UK: Extradition hearing on 1/29/24 @ 10am. Child Custody Colorado Court site shows hearing on 3/29/24 @ 1:30pm.
1/29/24 Update: In the hearing, Singler was asked to confirm details such as her identity & date of birth. The judge has postponed the next hearing until 2/26/24. Authorities believe the formal extradition paperwork filed by the U.S. will arrive by this date, so they can begin the process to extradite Singler back to Colorado Springs to face the charges.
2/9/24 Update: According to the autopsy reports & conducted by the El Paso County Coroner’s office, both kids died as a result of a gunshot wound to the head. One of the children also died as a result of “incised” wounds of the neck, on top of the gunshot wound. Elianna “Ellie” Wentz, 9, suffered a gunshot wound to the head & cuts to her neck that caused her death. Her brother, Aden Wentz, 7, was killed by a gunshot to his head, an autopsy states. He suffered neck wounds as well. The autopsies also found high toxic levels of doxylamine in their blood, which can be used as a sleep aid & anti-nausea medication, the report states.

Not much on her hearing...

Feb. 26, 2024
An American mother accused of shooting dead her nine-year-old daughter and seven-year-old son in Colorado before fleeing to the UK appeared in court today.
[.....]
She appeared at Westminster Magistrates Court via video-link from HMP Bronzefield.
[.....]
Singler was remanded in custody ahead of another preliminary hearing at the same court on March 25.

Ot Alexwood, is that a Northern Flicker as your avatar?
Yes! Thank you for noticing! The Northern Flicker, a type of woodpecker (a/k/a "Yellow Hammer"). It's the State Bird of Alabama. I relocated here to Alabama about 5 years ago, from Virginia (where they had the Cardinal as State Bird). I always liked woodpeckers, until they started to go after my house trim -- including vinyl shutters (of all things -- desperate much, woodpeckers?).

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PCook77
Back