Found Deceased CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, Chaffee Co, 10 May 2020 *Case dismissed w/o prejudice* *found in 2023* #111

Status
Not open for further replies.
And yet BM is a free man and not re-charged.

Meanwhile everyone involved in the investigation is being sued for wrongful prosecution and the DA and members of her team are facing serious discipline from the Bar.

Only people on the internet and LS would suggest ignoring the DNA evidence. LS may lose her law license because of this flawed theory about the DNA....because any serious criminal law practitioner would not just disregard this evidence or believe it was not relevant.

Discussing cases on the internet is way different than actually litigating them in court in an adversarial setting with a judge and legal standards.
Not to forget that there was plenty in the AA that was well within the bounds of legal hearsay and characterization. Things a good defense will work mightily to get restricted from any trial. These things get chatted about frequently in forums but the odds are they will not be part of any actual trial. I don't see a new trial anytime soon without new actual evidence being brought with a new case. I also think any DA is going to be leery of actually attempting a trial without new evidence. The original DA prior to LS wasn't ready to bring the case which is telling also about the strength of the actual case.

Not to forget that there was plenty in the AA that was well within the bounds of legal hearsay and characterization. Things a good defense will work mightily to get restricted from any trial. These things get chatted about frequently in forums but the odds are they will not be part of any actual trial. I don't see a new trial anytime soon without new actual evidence being brought with a new case. I also think any DA is going to be leery of actually attempting a trial without new evidence. The original DA prior to LS wasn't ready to bring the case which is telling also about the strength of the actual case.
Suzanne’s body is new evidence.

Surely puts paid to any insinuations that she skipped off into a South American sunset with a phantom lover.

The original DA was never presented with the case.

Yes, the AA contained a lot of extraneous information that would have been inadmissible. It showed that Barry was a terrible person, but would not have been allowed at trial.

One needs only to focus on the evidence that would have been admissible, which is the evidence that Murphy focused on (obviously) when he made his decision to move this case forward.

I believe this case can absolutely be won based on the evidence they had, and the recovery of her body which now negates any need to prove that Suzanne was in fact deceased.

But it comes down to how the mess that Stanley’s office created, is dealt with.

Last edited:
Suzanne’s body is new evidence.

Surely puts paid to any insinuations that she skipped off into a South American sunset with a phantom lover.

Indeed.

That was already a deeply and knowingly offensive narrative, guided by BM's wounded ego and unflinchingly patriarchal view of the world, his family and his preeminence within it. Unless he was somehow confusing "romantic South American sunset" with "Coloradan shallow hole in the ground in a notorious dumpsite."

I see the SM Ran Off storyline as a barely-concealed motive for the murder of SM by BM -- his fear of being left by the woman he'd controlled for so long, and the crumbling superstructure it would reveal to the world.

Instead, he put her where he could keep an eye on her. And told the SM Ran Off story anyway.

That's the worst part of this for me, beyond the misery of SM and her murder -- the persistence of BM and his legal team in a series of cruel fictions that they know to be cruel fictions, even as these further demean and degrade SM.

She may have been removed from the dirt -- but BM & Co continue to do their best to make sure she stays there.

LS and her shenanigans have not helped this case. Hopefully her replacement will see it through. And then we can do our best to ignore the endless appeals that are certain to follow any BM conviction. Though I don't see IE as likely to stick around once SM's money runs out, despite her fervency on the part of all those guilty- but-not-guilty clients.

Thanks for your reply. So, back to the original DAs office to charge and prosecute. Hmm, I wonder if they will wait for a new DA to be appointed before making that move? Would make sense seeing a LS is busy with other things at the moment.
@Nikynoo
Just a quick note re ^Q ---“Waiting for new DA to be appointed”?
Maybe you were kidding about it?

Regardless, could be a while until there’s a new DA.
Linda Stanley was elected in 2022 for a four yr. term.

FWIW
Under Colorado State Constitution,* DA’s are ELECTED by popular vote from their designated districts for a term of four years.
When there is a VACANCY,** the governor APPOINTS a DA to serve until the next regularly scheduled general election.

@Nikynoo
Just a quick note re ^Q ---“Waiting for new DA to be appointed”?
Maybe you were kidding about it?

Regardless, could be a while until there’s a new DA.
Linda Stanley was elected in 2022 for a four yr. term.

FWIW
Under Colorado State Constitution,* DA’s are ELECTED by popular vote from their designated districts for a term of four years.
When there is a VACANCY,** the governor APPOINTS a DA to serve until the next regularly scheduled general election.

There are new elections end of 2024 and LS is not running. There should be a new DA in office January 2025. Give the new DA 6-12 months to get to know what cases are outstanding and what cases to pursue, we could expect new charges sometime in 2026.

ETA it looks like Jeff Lindsey (who has also worked with LS) is the only candidate for election. Which is rather disappointing imo.

Therefore, I cannot see charges being made in the 11th Judicial District anytime in the foreseeable future.

Last edited:
No, not kidding. LS was elected end of 2020 and took office January 2021.

There are new elections end of 2024 and LS is not running. There should be a new DA in office January 2025. Give the new DA 6-12 months to get to know what cases are outstanding and what cases to pursue, we could expect new charges sometime in 2026.

ETA it looks like Jeff Lindsey (who has also worked with LS) is the only candidate for election. Which is rather disappointing imo.

Therefore, I cannot see charges being made in the 11th Judicial District anytime in the foreseeable future.
Lindsey certainly knows the weaknesses of the original attempt. I assume he would not take the case on in the absence of new evidence. For the sake of the communities I hope he is a better manager.

Lindsey certainly knows the weaknesses of the original attempt. I assume he would not take the case on in the absence of new evidence. For the sake of the communities I hope he is a better manager.
It appears that his strengths are managing and mentoring his team. Though there are mixed reviews on this. Lindsey left after the PH. It could be he felt hampered by LS? Let’s see what transpires if he takes office. DA claims former Barry Morphew prosecutor was previously fired for incompetence, but some former employees say otherwise | News | gazette.com

Whomever brings this case back to court, (yes, Barry you will be charged again) is not going to risk any missteps no matter how long it takes. There is no SOL on murder and as much as I would love to see this small, little man in a cage, I've reasoned that patience here is more important.

jmo

No, not kidding. LS was elected end of 2020 and took office January 2021.

Best scenario for LS and for Suzanne may be for LS to resign the position by humbly apologizing and bowing out gracefully. The Gov can appoint a replacement which wouldn't likely be JL since he's a R and the recently reelected Gov is D.

2026 seems so far in the distance to be waiting for justice. # 111 threads - thanks to everyone for keeping the midnight oil burning for Suzanne. We won't stop.

Autopsy Results and the Burial Site … What can be deduced?

An autopsy can tell us HOW someone died but only rarely WHO did the killing.

Suzanne’s remains consisted of bones which had been scattered by animals.

IMO:
  1. I’m convinced that Barry strangled her. Proof of this would require examination of the hyoid bone. Unfortunately it is held in place by muscle and tendons which would be long gone.
  2. I believe that Barry transported her body in the older Range Rover because it didn’t have a GPS. LE examined all of Barry’s vehicles and apparently did not find Suzanne’s DNA in a cargo area. That tells me Barry had wrapped her in a tarp or sheet plastic soon after the killing. If he buried her in either, there is a chance his DNA or fingerprints are on it!
  3. I am hoping that he buried her in the clothing she was wearing when he killed her. If she was nude it unfortunately proves nothing.
… If she was wearing a biking outfit it would give credence to
Barry’s “Abducted by Stranger(s) while biking story”. It is unlikely
Barry bothered to dress her like this as I imagine that dressing a
dead body would be VERY difficult.

… BUT … If she had been wearing PJs or street clothes it totally blows
up Barry’s “Abducted by Stranger(s) while biking story”.

4. I am also hoping that Barry tossed something in the shallow grave that
would tie back to him. (Like DNA-laden gloves.)

IMO:
  1. I’m convinced that Barry strangled her. Proof of this would require examination of the hyoid bone. Unfortunately it is held in place by muscle and tendons which would be long gone.
  2. I believe that Barry transported her body in the older Range Rover because it didn’t have a GPS. LE examined all of Barry’s vehicles and apparently did not find Suzanne’s DNA in a cargo area. That tells me Barry had wrapped her in a tarp or sheet plastic soon after the killing. If he buried her in either, there is a chance his DNA or fingerprints are on it!
  3. I am hoping that he buried her in the clothing she was wearing when he killed her. If she was nude it unfortunately proves nothing.

Developing this outward...

I think he utilized a camping cooler. Which he successfully pitched, unlike his baseball career.

Any remnant of fibers could be gold. We know that her bikinis hung up, located in her closet. We can azzume that Barry didn't hang it up. He probably doesn't know how. I've seen his workbench/vehicle/hillbillytrailer.

Missing towel, any article of clothing, any accidental item of Barry's. Sweat from his brow is probably long gone but maybe he left distinct blade marks or later gps data showing him returning.

Two hurdles crumbled. That Suzanne isn't dead and Suzanne didn't run. No self-harm, no gone girl, no Ecuador.

Holding out hope that, if it's what he did, there is dried sediment in her port, condistent with animal-grade sedatives. Or a bone is preserved with an artificial nick in it from the administration of the same.

Barry really ought to spend his time refreshing his brain on the part of the Bible he must have skipped over -- what you say (or do) in the dark will come out into the light of day.

JMO

IMO:

I suspect she was buried naked.

I just can't shake that gauche/vulgar cocktail ring...:(

At this very point in time -
- Surely some formerly in Suzanne's circle know whether it was a diamond or cubic zirconium (CZ);
- " " " " " " learned of its [likely-Barry-bragged] origins;
- Now, (as we've heard here and very early-on), humongous diamonds cut in recent times often carry an identifying mark; [if CZ, and not so marked, no matter as] ...
- We 'know' this particular farthing-pincher-gifter assuredly kept Suzanne's jewel with an eye to future redemption, so...
- What harm would come were some in Suzanne's circle to now advertise weekly in regional,(read: CO & IN), newsprint, for example:

"Wanted/needed:
Any details from the general public
possibly related/relevant to
A very particular ~** ct. diamond"
{insert photo}
Anonymity guaranteed
Private reward consideration"
___________________________________​

NB
- With my suggestion, no actual recovery or examination of any jewel is essential; this is because we'd be looking for clues as to the "when and wheres" of its odyssey since May 2020! Over-arch our current/sequenced evidence with such a place and time continuum and...
...perhaps not in a D-penalty sense,
but BM would thereby be transmogrified into the proverbial
DM-Strolling!
:p

Ata ^ jmho...:rolleyes:

I just can't shake that gauche/vulgar cocktail ring...:(

At this very point in time -
- Surely some formerly in Suzanne's circle know whether it was a diamond or cubic zirconium (CZ);
- " " " " " " learned of its [likely-Barry-bragged] origins;
- Now, (as we've heard here and very early-on), humongous diamonds cut in recent times often carry an identifying mark; [if CZ, and not so marked, no matter as] ...
- We 'know' this particular farthing-pincher-gifter assuredly kept Suzanne's jewel with an eye to future redemption, so...
- What harm would come were some in Suzanne's circle to now advertise weekly in regional,(read: CO & IN), newsprint, for example:

"Wanted/needed:
Any details from the general public
possibly related/relevant to
A very particular ~** ct. diamond"
{insert photo}
Anonymity guaranteed
Private reward consideration"
___________________________________​

NB
- With my suggestion, no actual recovery or examination of any jewel is essential; this is because we'd be looking for clues as to the "when and wheres" of its odyssey since May 2020! Over-arch our current/sequenced evidence with such a place and time continuum and...
...perhaps not in a D-penalty sense,
but BM would thereby be transmogrified into the proverbial
DM-Strolling!
:p

Ata ^ jmho...:rolleyes:
If Suzanne's ring wasn't in the grave with her....

Hmmmm. Where'd it go, Barry?

If Suzanne's ring wasn't in the grave with her....

Hmmmm. Where'd it go, Barry?
I suspect that it won’t be in the grave, because, Barry. That being said, the claim could be made that a random abductor stole it after kidnapping her from that bike ride that didn’t happen.

The fact that he didn’t steal any cash from the car which dashboard he touched, notwithstanding.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500