Found Deceased CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, Chaffee Co, 10 May 2020 *Case dismissed w/o prejudice* *found in 2023* #111

Status
Not open for further replies.
I recall that case, but like most of the cobwebs in my brain, the details are fuzzy. Seems to me PFrazee was already charged when that tooth was recovered (it was only determined to be a female tooth associated with KB's mother IIRC) but in this case here, BM has been dispatched without prejudice.... so.... LE and the State don't have to share discovery or elements of their refreshed investigation, correct?

They're no longer in the loop.

I hope a couple'a armpits are pitting out.

JMO
That would be my assumption. Nothing would be going to any defense since no one is charged right now.

Serial Numbers on Implantable Ports?

I think so. W quick online search for USfed laws/reg's, no luck.
From info below, in US (maybe elsewhere too), seems implanted med devices carry (or are likely to carry) serial numbers, & other data, like manuf. name & model number.
Another article (a nursing journal, sorry lost link), discussing “power ports” said something about using port's serial # on patient intake.

No money back guarantee on ^this^. ;)

Is finding port --- w serial # --- w SM's remains, at Moffat site, or anywhere, of special use in re SM's homicide prosecution here? Other than testing it for drugs or poisons?
Okay, (marginally) better than port w'out serial #.

Welcoming info re reg's or opinion w other interp's. :)
"Visual identification is the most common identification method used by medical examiners but is not always possible. Alternative methods include X-ray, fingerprint, or DNA comparison, but these methods require additional resources. Comparison of serial numbers on implanted medical devices is a rapid and definitive method of identification."
"Identification of Bodies by Unique Serial Numbers on Implanted Medical Devices"
J Forensic Sci
. 2018 May;63(3):740-744.

For anyone who wants to see pix of implanted device (not a port) w manu. name, serial #, etc. =>
Thanks for that. Now I’m going down the rabbit hole for ‘death by microwave oven’ :)

The foundation of any democratic society rests on the principle of justice – a concept that implies fairness, equity, and the impartial application of laws. However, the real-world execution of justice, particularly within the realm of district attorney (DA) offices, often grapples with a significant and pervasive challenge: underfunding. District Attorney Linda Stanley delves into the multifaceted impact of budget constraints on the justice system, exploring the immediate consequences and the hidden costs that extend beyond the courthouse doors.

The foundation of any democratic society rests on the principle of justice – a concept that implies fairness, equity, and the impartial application of laws. However, the real-world execution of justice, particularly within the realm of district attorney (DA) offices, often grapples with a significant and pervasive challenge: underfunding. District Attorney Linda Stanley delves into the multifaceted impact of budget constraints on the justice system, exploring the immediate consequences and the hidden costs that extend beyond the courthouse doors.

It is not just money. Lots of scholarly comparisons of different legal systems in developed democracies. The US, due to Bill of Rights, and case law, and work of ACLU, is, for good and for bad one, of the most difficult in which to get a trial conviction. That is why we end up with a huge number not prospected, or if anything is done, it is plea deal.
We exclude more evidence, police and investigators have more difficult evidentiary collection regimes and thresholds. Also thanks to a major push by the ACLU some decades ago establishing case law on the mental illness, it is more difficult in the US to remand a person for diagnosis and also for evaluation and compulsory treatment for what could be dangerous mental illness. If you are ranting on a corner in Stockholm you are likely to be detained and brought in for evaluation, and if you are accused of a crime in Japan you have a 95% chance of signing confession and if you go to trial a 99% cancer of conviction. In many many developed democracies you can be brought in and charged for the same crime a second time if new evidence arises, whereas in the US you cannot. In most countries defendants can not get a jury trial at the low level a defendant can get one in the USA. And in many developed democracies the prosecutor and judge can evaluate evidence as a team.
Certainly more money might help, but the main issue is our defendant rights

It is not just money. Lots of scholarly comparisons of different legal systems in developed democracies. The US, due to Bill of Rights, and case law, and work of ACLU, is, for good and for bad one, of the most difficult in which to get a trial conviction. That is why we end up with a huge number not prospected, or if anything is done, it is plea deal.
We exclude more evidence, police and investigators have more difficult evidentiary collection regimes and thresholds. Also thanks to a major push by the ACLU some decades ago establishing case law on the mental illness, it is more difficult in the US to remand a person for diagnosis and also for evaluation and compulsory treatment for what could be dangerous mental illness. If you are ranting on a corner in Stockholm you are likely to be detained and brought in for evaluation, and if you are accused of a crime in Japan you have a 95% chance of signing confession and if you go to trial a 99% cancer of conviction. In many many developed democracies you can be brought in and charged for the same crime a second time if new evidence arises, whereas in the US you cannot. In most countries defendants can not get a jury trial at the low level a defendant can get one in the USA. And in many developed democracies the prosecutor and judge can evaluate evidence as a team.
Long may those rights live and flourish. I wouldn't have it any other way.

Yes, the old Bill of Rights in the U.S. Constitution.

However, go spend a few weeks watching arraignments and other matters at court in the U.S. and then report back on how hard it is to get convictions. Understand the vast majority of cases in court are not complex murder or rape cases.

Also the U.S. far outpaces the rest of the world when it comes to incarcerating their citizens for "crimes", so it clearly is not hard to get convictions in the average case in the U.S. criminal justice system...IMO

Having been on this thread weighing in and waiting for Justice for Suzanne for what seems like forever , Imo most posters have shared their views on this topic. The lack of economic resources available to a DA’s office certainly has an impact on justice. We see it on these boards every day. It’s by no means the only issue, but certainly one of them and imo needs a hard look and a bigger conversation in this country.

What i find odd /curious is that this article is appearing in the Ocean City New Jersey Daily. So, I googled around ( not exhaustively) to see if the article first appeared in a Colorado publication. Did not find anything. The article also does not afford any context or background on LS.

Wonder if MediaWize ( the author) is a free lancer or staff writer or ?

Pretty interesting PR for LS amidst her legal woes

All JMO

Having been on this thread weighing in and waiting for Justice for Suzanne for what seems like forever , Imo most posters have shared their views on this topic. The lack of economic resources available to a DA’s office certainly has an impact on justice. We see it on these boards every day. It’s by no means the only issue, but certainly one of them and imo needs a hard look and a bigger conversation in this country.

What i find odd /curious is that this article is appearing in the Ocean City New Jersey Daily. So, I googled around ( not exhaustively) to see if the article first appeared in a Colorado publication. Did not find anything. The article also does not afford any context or background on LS.

Wonder if MediaWize ( the author) is a free lancer or staff writer or ?

Pretty interesting PR for LS amidst her legal woes

All JMO
She has been extensively vilified by local media almost from the outset of her new position..
Her entire office was evicted from their building in the midst of the trial preps..
Can you imagine the utter chaos of that event alone?

I just googled to try finding the link, it's upthread, and all I found was links highly critical of her, nothing to do with the search |I requested which concerned the forced office eviction.

I've never seen such one-sided reportage of any public figure, ever , literally.

That is why I question everything.
I see a woman targeted unmercifully by a media I no longer trust.

That is not to say I share her politics or anything else or that she didf not make mistakes along the way, she may well have.

We will need to await her defense to the charges levelled against her.
I suspect it will be robust.

All of this does not justify what I see to be completely irrational and dangerous actions of the judiciary where charges were lessened due to administrative errors...
The victims were penalised.
The murder victims!

I don't know if this was posted, but the civil suit against BM was dismissed/settled
04/05/2024
Order of Dismissal
Order of Dismissal with Prejudice entered.
Noticed:
Adler, Raymond M
Noticed:
Boje, Bruce Arthur
Noticed:
Johnson, Laurie Dee
Noticed:
Coots, E. Davis
Order Signed:
04/04/2024

The docket shows it went to mediation and settled.
This was the lawsuit where BM planted a row of trees on the abutting parcel's land IIRC ? The abutter probably felt more inclined to agree to mediation once Suzanne's body was found. I know if I was the abutter I might think he buried her under one of those trees and I would be inclined to throw the book at him.
Easiest solution was probably to just agree that the trees now belong to the abutter ? I don't really remember if ole BM had an xmas tree farm there?
BM's plan was probably to try and steal the man's land like he did when he bamboozled that poor old man he took over the mortgage from years back in Indiana.
The evil doer who cloaks himself in Christianity - thats BM
JUST IMO

This was the lawsuit where BM planted a row of trees on the abutting parcel's land IIRC ? The abutter probably felt more inclined to agree to mediation once Suzanne's body was found. I know if I was the abutter I might think he buried her under one of those trees and I would be inclined to throw the book at him.
Easiest solution was probably to just agree that the trees now belong to the abutter ? I don't really remember if ole BM had an xmas tree farm there?
BM's plan was probably to try and steal the man's land like he did when he bamboozled that poor old man he took over the mortgage from years back in Indiana.
JUST IMO
I remember now.
Thanks.

JUST IMO
I thought the issue was the neighbor claimed Barry had given him a strip and Barry claimed the strip was still his but it doesn’t really matter they came to some sort of agreement.

Re the above article
A little refresher from msm.
Love that it has the pic of BM and Iris going in for the lip smacker, which has nothing to do of course with the story.
It was just another Barry con job IMO

Re the above article
Love that it has the pic of BM and Iris going in for the lip smacker, which has nothing to do of course with the story.
Thanks @waldojabba for the refresher.

On April 1, 2024, BM quit-claimed the approximate 1.107 acres to the rightful owners. He did so from Maricopa County, AZ --per the Notary's affidavit.

Details for 2024011547
Hamilton County, IN (Documents validated through: 04/11/2024, 1:25 PM PDT)
Preview
Document Information
Document Number:
Date:
Apr 3, 2024
Amount:

County:
Hamilton County, IN
Time:
3:42:03 PM
Page Count:

Type:
DEED : DEED QUITCLAIM
Execution Date:
Apr 1, 2024
Return To:

Notes:

Party Information
Party Name:Role:Address:
MORPHEW, BARRY LGRANTOR
TITUS, CHERYL LGRANTEE
TITUS, JEFFREY AGRANTEE
Property Information
Description:Address:Notes:
5-19-4 SE NE 1.107IN
Cross References
No References Exist for this Document

On April 1, 2024, BM quit-claimed the approximate 1.107 acres to the rightful owners. He did so from Maricopa County, AZ --per the Notary's affidavit.

Details for 2024011547
Preview
Document Information
Document Number:
Date:
Apr 3, 2024
Amount:

County:
Hamilton County, IN
Time:
Page Count:

Type:
Execution Date:
Apr 1, 2024
Return To:

Notes:

Party Information
MORPHEW, BARRY LGRANTOR
TITUS, CHERYL LGRANTEE
TITUS, JEFFREY AGRANTEE
Property Information
5-19-4 SE NE 1.107IN
Cross References

Great info @Seattle1 thanks so much

Details for 2024011547
Preview
Document Information
Document Number:
Date:
Apr 3, 2024
Amount:

County:
Hamilton County, IN
Time:
Page Count:

Type:
Execution Date:
Apr 1, 2024
Return To:

Notes:

Party Information
MORPHEW, BARRY LGRANTOR
TITUS, CHERYL LGRANTEE
TITUS, JEFFREY AGRANTEE
Property Information
5-19-4 SE NE 1.107IN
Cross References

Wow. What a scam artist.

Details for 2024011547
Preview
Document Information
Document Number:
Date:
Apr 3, 2024
Amount:

County:
Hamilton County, IN
Time:
Page Count:

Type:
Execution Date:
Apr 1, 2024
Return To:

Notes:

Party Information
MORPHEW, BARRY LGRANTOR
TITUS, CHERYL LGRANTEE
TITUS, JEFFREY AGRANTEE
Property Information
5-19-4 SE NE 1.107IN
Cross References

This man has no integrity and no soul.

Karma's gonna get ole' BM just wait and see. JMO

Re the above article
GAAAAAAH, LOL. I just couldn't pull the trigger and look closely at the article. It makes me queasy seeing those 2 together, but thanks for the heads up WJ. :eek:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shaunie