Identified! CT - Stonington (Ledyard), WhtFem UP8909, 18-30, JNHS 1917 Class Ring, Lady Clairol hair roller set, May'74 - Linda Sue Childers

No, I was looking for a source telling whether the rollers were found with the body, or with the clothing of hers that was found with another woman (living).

Basically, she was buried, but some of her possessions were given by one of those responsible to his wife. The police were able to recover those. I was trying to find a source that was clear about where the rollers were - in the grave, or with the other woman.

MOO
If I recall, some of the information about where her belongings were being kept was in the trial transcript, pieces of which I was able to find at one point, maybe embedded in a decision by one of the courts. But sadly, I am not organized enough, and I've switched computers enough times, that I do not have any sort of electronic file of everything I found.

I tried to see if I could find the source of the information that the clothing and curlers were not found with the bodies and turned up an article I had not seen. It was written at the time the bodies were found and says that they were tied together. There is an accompanying photo of (presumably) the bodies being carried.

I think that since they were killed at DeFreitas' house, and were living elsewhere, their belongings wouldn't have been buried with them (there's an account of DeFreitas' girlfriend leaving the house for a few hours and the scene already having been cleaned up when she got back, and mention of a child's sled used to move the bodies to the burial site).

Possibly, their belongings were cleared out of their apartment by someone associated with the murderers, or possibly they were eventually cleared out by the landlord.

Attachments

• Gustavus_Carmichael_and_Ledyard_Jane_Doe_s_bodies_are_found.jpg
    Gustavus_Carmichael_and_Ledyard_Jane_Doe_s_bodies_are_found.jpg
    153.7 KB · Views: 29
Not sure if this is helpful but i found a Similar not really the same but i found a similar pictures of the ring the desgin looks like it and the numbers but im not sure if those are the same type of rings

I did a little searching on Newspapers.com, and a woman named Linda Childers was a bank teller in Lexington KY in May of 1970 when her bank was robbed. I wonder if it's the same person, and if so, if the robbery had any connection to Carmichael. I'll have to check the dates when he was in and out of jail.

I'm wondering if Childers was her maiden or married name?

Police said her family confirmed her whereabouts in the northeast throughout the years before she disappeared.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mysonsmother
Back