Identified! CT - Stonington (Ledyard), WhtFem UP8909, 18-30, JNHS 1917 Class Ring, Lady Clairol hair roller set, May'74 - Linda Sue Childers

Is there a way to tell what info was used to make a rule out? Obviously DNA is pretty certain, but it is possible that a rule out on dentals could be wrong?

i came across Denise Sheehy's Charley Project page today and again am so struck by how much she looks like "Lorraine" and how she ran away wearing a gold boy's class ring. I always go back to thinking it could be her.

Is there a way to tell what info was used to make a rule out? Obviously DNA is pretty certain, but it is possible that a rule out on dentals could be wrong?

i came across Denise Sheehy's Charley Project page today and again am so struck by how much she looks like "Lorraine" and how she ran away wearing a gold boy's class ring. I always go back to thinking it could be her.
I'm not sure what the accuracy rate it comparing records, but here's an article I think gives us an idea:

Also, one time the RCMP sent me a missing person's dental records after I submitted a match. Not sure why they did that, I never represented myself as law enforcement. I was just submitting a tip.

I passed the records along to NamUs, however, the UP's dental records were actually in Doe Network, so I compared them just to see what was what. There were fillings in the missing person that weren't in the teeth of the UP. So even to me as a non-dentist could tell they weren't a match, as long as those records were accurate.

I'm not sure what the accuracy rate it comparing records, but here's an article I think gives us an idea:

Also, one time the RCMP sent me a missing person's dental records after I submitted a match. Not sure why they did that, I never represented myself as law enforcement. I was just submitting a tip.

I passed the records along to NamUs, however, the UP's dental records were actually in Doe Network, so I compared them just to see what was what. There were fillings in the missing person that weren't in the teeth of the UP. So even to me as a non-dentist could tell they weren't a match, as long as those records were accurate.
good point. and i guess in the case of Denise, and Helen Frost - the other person i ALWAYS go back to being "Lorraine" - neither were missing so long that the dentals would have changed much before they died, barring major trauma to the face.

i have a feeling we will hear from othram soon on this, but i still just always go back to Denise (and Helen). if it's not either of them, they must be calling to me to be my next cases to pursue!

good point. and i guess in the case of Denise, and Helen Frost - the other person i ALWAYS go back to being "Lorraine" - neither were missing so long that the dentals would have changed much before they died, barring major trauma to the face.

i have a feeling we will hear from othram soon on this, but i still just always go back to Denise (and Helen). if it's not either of them, they must be calling to me to be my next cases to pursue!

Jane Does teeth were blown out by the shotgun blast to the back of their head so that would affect the dental comparisons right?
I am so sure that Jane Doe is Helen Claire Frost that I don't know what is do if it's not.

Jane Does teeth were blown out by the shotgun blast to the back of their head so that would affect the dental comparisons right?
I am so sure that Jane Doe is Helen Claire Frost that I don't know what is do if it's not.
If it's not her, it will have to be someone who was never reported missing and looks just like her, right?

Were the clothes and the Clairol curlers in the suitcase? They are in remarkable condition. There's no way they were on the remains buried in soil.
Yeah, I found out after making that comment that the clothes and rollers were at someone's house.

This case has so many twists and turns! It's crazy.

I don't think she is Helen Claire Frost.
This Jane Doe was killed on Dec 31st 1970. Helen had just turned 18 in October 1970. It sounds like this Jane Doe may have been older (or on her own for a while) and working at a night club in New Jersey according to a witness.

CT - CT - Stonington (Ledyard), WhtFem UP8909, 18-30, JNHS 1917 Class Ring, Lady Clairol hair roller set, granny boots, yellow rain coat, May'74

There are lots of newspaper articles about this case in this thread. It just takes a long time to read them all. And nothing is linear about the discovery..LOL

Last edited:
Thank you.
I can find a number of posters over the years asserting the rollers set was with the other clothing recovered, but no direct link that works that I found that specifically states it. I may have just overlooked it, though. Othram's writeup does seem to suggest they were found not with the body, but at another time and place, though, and they've got access to stuff I don't, so that's good enough for me. YMMV.

MOO

I can find a number of posters over the years asserting the rollers set was with the other clothing recovered, but no direct link that works that I found that specifically states it. I may have just overlooked it, though. Othram's writeup does seem to suggest they were found not with the body, but at another time and place, though, and they've got access to stuff I don't, so that's good enough for me. YMMV.

MOO
NamUs shows a set of rollers in her case file, among the other possessions attributed to this UP. Is that what you're looking for, by chance?

Was her hair even long enough to use curlers? Why would she carry a set of curlers while basically being on the run. Maybe she had longer hair and cut it shortly before.

NamUs shows a set of rollers in her case file, among the other possessions attributed to this UP. Is that what you're looking for, by chance?
No, I was looking for a source telling whether the rollers were found with the body, or with the clothing of hers that was found with another woman (living).

Basically, she was buried, but some of her possessions were given by one of those responsible to his wife. The police were able to recover those. I was trying to find a source that was clear about where the rollers were - in the grave, or with the other woman.

MOO

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
W4R_DR1V3R
Back