Discussion thread for Jodi Arias Journals

JA said several times that TA didn't like her writing negative things in her journal. A clear indication that he was reading them--whether because she asked him to, or he wanted to, we don't know.

JA said several times that he made her tear out negative parts. The only part I see torn out so far is about the break up and move.

So I think we should assume that he was reading them or had read parts of them or even that he had them in his possession but didn't care to read them even though she'd asked. Who knows.

Because she says anything doesn't make it so. I don't believe Travis ever instructed her what to write in her journal. I think she just twisted their shared belief in the Law of Attraction nonsense...that being negative attracted more negativity.

She read his journals. I think he was her audience for a lot of what she wrote, and that she hoped he would read hers. Somehow I very much doubt he did. Out of lack of interest and because unlike her, he respected others' privacy.

We have to recall her parents in the interrogation room and what they say about this timeframe. Remember her mother wa talking about her wanting to kill herself and around that time, Matt had talked to her mom, worrying about Jodi. it was in the entries where she said she was alone, had no one to talk to and couldn't talk to matt anymore. Then there was an entry where it seems she broke down to talk to Matt. Wish i could remember what journal these were in, sorry, but I think it was end of 2007 beginning 2008.

I hate how the pages were torn out covering those summer trips when she claimed she caught Travis cheating! What was in those pages...It was torn out what was there all the way up to after she moved.

I bet she tore those pages out while still in Mesa. My guess is they would have revealed how early on it was she began to feel rage towards LISA.

I don't know if Jodi kept a journal before joining PPL and converting to Mormonism, and I don't know if PPL "associates" are encouraged to journal, but Mormons absolutely are, big-time.

http://www.deseretnews.com/top/1326...bout-the-importance-of-keeping-a-journal.html

http://www.deseretnews.com/article/...nal-history-your-posterity-cant-put-down.html

I'm sure Jodi would have learned about this during the time in which she was dabbling in Mormonism. (On the other hand, maybe she was confused about this as she was about the Law of Chastity.)

Anyway, I'm sure Jodi put a lot of time and effort into her journals -- which is why she had to make damn sure they reached their intended audience:

[video]http://www.tubechop.com/watch/7274456[/video]

Because she says anything doesn't make it so. I don't believe Travis ever instructed her what to write in her journal. I think she just twisted their shared belief in the Law of Attraction nonsense...that being negative attracted more negativity.

She read his journals. I think he was her audience for a lot of what she wrote, and that she hoped he would read hers. Somehow I very much doubt he did. Out of lack of interest and because unlike her, he respected others' privacy.

We're saying the same thing. I was leaping off you saying that she expected him to read them. I was merely adding that she said he did read them. If you look at my last sentence, you will see that I said it's possible he had them in his possession but didn't read them as she wanted him.

I find it incredibly hard to believe that she'd write with him as her audience but not try to find a way to get him to read them. So that it why I said he probably did read some of them. She worried him into doing it. Or, if he didn't read them, he probably had them in his possession because she probably gave it to him to read--doesn't mean he read it, but he might have had them. That is all I was saying. I was not expecting that because Jodi said something, it means it's true. Even a kindergartener knows better than that.

But because I agree that he was her audience, I think she probably tried to get him to read them. Again, whether he actually did or not, we don't know. I think he did, though. Whether he actually told her not to write negatively, who knows.

I bet she tore those pages out while still in Mesa. My guess is they would have revealed how early on it was she began to feel rage towards LISA.

Yeah, and the truth behind what really happened in the breakup and what really happened to get her to move. That pissed me off when I saw those pages torn out. I wanted those pages bad. Something really bad happened there. I just feel it in my bones.

I don't know if I said it in a post on the previous page, but I think that girl thought Travis was going to propose at Niagra falls. i don't think she liked AT ALL that he didn't. Might have prompted her to go through his phone and find those texts--if that is what REALLY happened. We don't have anything to corroborate what caused that breakup other than what she said.

Do we?

Do we have anything other than her word that "she" broke up with Travis after seeing some text messages or whatnot on his phone while on that trip? I wonder what the Hughes say. I haven't read their book.

We're saying the same thing. I was leaping off you saying that she expected him to read them. I was merely adding that she said he did read them. If you look at my last sentence, you will see that I said it's possible he had them in his possession but didn't read them as she wanted him.

I find it incredibly hard to believe that she'd write with him as her audience but not try to find a way to get him to read them. So that it why I said he probably did read some of them. She worried him into doing it. Or, if he didn't read them, he probably had them in his possession because she probably gave it to him to read--doesn't mean he read it, but he might have had them. That is all I was saying. I was not expecting that because Jodi said something, it means it's true. Even a kindergartener knows better than that.

But because I agree that he was her audience, I think she probably tried to get him to read them. Again, whether he actually did or not, we don't know. I think he did, though. Whether he actually told her not to write negatively, who knows.

And I was focused on and responding to your statement about " a clear indication he was reading them."

No worries. Sounds like we're on the same page, so to speak. I know I can sound like a preachy school marm sometimes. It's a character flaw, never intended to be personal. :D

Her journal and what she wrote and didn't write in it became (rediculously enough) pretty central to her defense, as she no doubt knew they might be.

Which is why I have a strong opinion about whether or not he read them, much less instructed her what to write. My guess is that she played games like leaving her journal on his desk, open, when she wanted him to read a particular entry (a handful come right to mind).

I have a feeling he didn't rise to that bait. He was a private person who seemed to respect the privacy of others. How frustrating (and alien) that must have been for her.

What I notice in her journals is that she seemed to largely have given up on his reading her journal,if that was her intent. By December she seems to be writing and lying to herself, as much as that was possible, given there was never anybody home there to write to.

Yeah, and the truth behind what really happened in the breakup and what really happened to get her to move. That pissed me off when I saw those pages torn out. I wanted those pages bad. Something really bad happened there. I just feel it in my bones.

I don't know if I said it in a post on the previous page, but I think that girl thought Travis was going to propose at Niagra falls. i don't think she liked AT ALL that he didn't. Might have prompted her to go through his phone and find those texts--if that is what REALLY happened. We don't have anything to corroborate what caused that breakup other than what she said.

Do we?

Do we have anything other than her word that "she" broke up with Travis after seeing some text messages or whatnot on his phone while on that trip? I wonder what the Hughes say. I haven't read their book.

IIRC, she and Travis went to the Scared grove (where ever that is) and Travis told her he wanted to be alone and not have her hanging on him. And IIRC she sat on a bench waiting and disappointed.

I'm reading back through her journals 9/27/2007 - the 30th, in it she has two dates within two days with Bobby Hitt? and Blake Paulson.

10/01/2007 - she goes to Travis's to clean and she says they got down and dirty when he got home later. On Monday October 1, 2007, she writes about a dream she had and that she hadn't found her dream journal since she moved. So another journal we'd all love to read.

10/02/2007 - she had another dream, this one about Patty her best friend and that she hadn't seen her in two years since she was pregnant with her first child. So, did Patty and her ever touch base while Jodi was jail?

10/04/2007 - Jodi stabs her mother in the back on Angela's birthday with "as much as I love my mom, if she's anything like when I lived with her,she's not one to go spilling secrets to". She's a great mom, I'm glad I chose her as her mother, yada yada yada she'll be a wonderful matriarch of the family. Also on this day she writes of her list of grateful's for the day - her hair and her body.

10/09/2007 - Jodi writes about how much she loves Sky Hughes, and her sorrow over "the dissolution of their friendship. Can't she just speak normal like most folks?

Will we ever get the text from the time she moved back to Mesa in August? It would be interesting to line them up with her LOA that has let her down,

And I was focused on and responding to your statement about " a clear indication he was reading them."

No worries. Sounds like we're on the same page, so to speak. I know I can sound like a preachy school marm sometimes. It's a character flaw, never intended to be personal. :D

Her journal and what she wrote and didn't write in it became (rediculously enough) pretty central to her defense, as she no doubt knew they might be.

Which is why I have a strong opinion about whether or not he read them, much less instructed her what to write. My guess is that she played games like leaving her journal on his desk, open, when she wanted him to read a particular entry (a handful come right to mind).

I have a feeling he didn't rise to that bait. He was a private person who seemed to respect the privacy of others. How frustrating (and alien) that must have been for her.

What I notice in her journals is that she seemed to largely have given up on his reading her journal,if that was her intent. By December she seems to be writing and lying to herself, as much as that was possible, given there was never anybody home there to write to.

We share that trait. No worries!

I think I was working through my statement and thoughts as I was typing and kind of backed off the "clearly" part by the time I got finished with the post. You have no way of knowing that, I know. As I was thinking it out, I began taking into account that you can't believe Jodi. So sorry for that. I should read and edit when my thoughts evolve as I type.

I agree that she knew they were for her defense for the last journal and for the parts of the old ones where she crams new info, real or fake, in on some posts. Interesting side note, in the final journal, she felt the need to "back up" and tell us stuff that should naturally have been in older journals. for example, the password exchanging. it was like, "Oh, by the way, this is what we did months back."

I want to discuss these journals at length now that I've read them, but back to your point.

I agree she was probably leaving them around conveniently, but as bold as she is, I believe she probably asked him to read them, too. Like, for example, "We learned this in church or PPL. I don't understand it. Can you read this?" or anything that would cause them to have to be in her journals, so that he'd get that hint to want to read them. I bet she thinks it's a natural thing for everyone to want to snoop in private stuff and be tempted to do it, so she'd think he would want to. I don't know if he ever did, but I do believe she made it available.

When she got to Yreka, I noticed almost all PPL and Mormon writing ceased. The journal became flooded with Travis talk. May and June were so contrived, I had to laugh.

Her CYA writing about the murder was so much like the CYA mess about the tires in December. It made me think she wanted it there as proof that she was upset and clueless about the tires, proof that was date-stamped for Travis and or police.

What I'm interested in about her journals is this business of "now that I know he was with Lisa the whole time...."

I'm also interested in the fact that the journals were stamped December 2008 by the evidence clerk. When did her journals get confiscated, when did she know they would be confiscated, etc. I just want to know how much time she had with them in order to doctor them. I really believe she doctored them.

Also, I think the May 26th conversation was about facebook, John Dixon, and Abe A. She alludes to it in the final journal. I think she found a way to piss Travis off by making him think she'd been fooling around with guys while they were travelling and spending time together back in September through October, hence that "Now that I know he was seeing Lisa the whole time" comment.

She sounded to me like she really didn't know that, and maybe that's where the tire slashing and december depression came from -- finally and conclusively knowing Lisa was the girlfriend. I saw in the May 2007 journal that Lisa was at the house making cookies when Jodi was there. Or wa it June? Anyways, they broke up around that time, and she was pissed she didnt get a proposal on that New York trip. I'm thinking she really acted up about it and Travis was transitioning to Lisa at that time. Maybe she checked the phone and saw a different girl and was shocked and pushed over the edge to learn for a fact that it was Lisa. I don't know.

Your thoughts? any thoughts?

IIRC, she and Travis went to the Scared grove (where ever that is) and Travis told her he wanted to be alone and not have her hanging on him. And IIRC she sat on a bench waiting and disappointed.

I'm reading back through her journals 9/27/2007 - the 30th, in it she has two dates within two days with Bobby Hitt? and Blake Paulson.

10/01/2007 - she goes to Travis's to clean and she says they got down and dirty when he got home later. On Monday October 1, 2007, she writes about a dream she had and that she hadn't found her dream journal since she moved. So another journal we'd all love to read.

10/02/2007 - she had another dream, this one about Patty her best friend and that she hadn't seen her in two years since she was pregnant with her first child. So, did Patty and her ever touch base while Jodi was jail?

10/04/2007 - Jodi stabs her mother in the back on Angela's birthday with "as much as I love my mom, if she's anything like when I lived with her,she's not one to go spilling secrets to". She's a great mom, I'm glad I chose her as her mother, yada yada yada she'll be a wonderful matriarch of the family. Also on this day she writes of her list of grateful's for the day - her hair and her body.

10/09/2007 - Jodi writes about how much she loves Sky Hughes, and her sorrow over "the dissolution of their friendship. Can't she just speak normal like most folks?

Will we ever get the text from the time she moved back to Mesa in August? It would be interesting to line them up with her LOA that has let her down,

What's odd is I think that girl was dating people Travis was texting. "that girl" is JA, when I angrily type that phrase, fyi.

You brought up Paulson. Travis had texts with him. She also went on a date with an Aaron. Travis had texts with him, too. I actually think it was Aaron Dewy. I believe that girl was trying to date his friends like she did Bobby and Matt.

(in that JM tone) "Can you imagine" how Travis would have felt to know she was dating and flirting with all the men in his circle? And she's not beyond telling him stuff that happened a long time back. That's how he learned about Abe, and abe got that "we can't talk" email out of the blue. All that girl had while in Yreka was to try to make him jealous. It was her only power being so far away.

What I'm picking up on with the DB interview is that he's feeling defensive about having allowed a murderer into his son's life. I'm sure his ex-wife and family freaked out about that. I'm sure he freaked out about that too. He does sound like a dedicated father. He's rewriting the story to sound better to everyone, including to himself. Everything was rosey, then Jodi was sucked in by PPL and the Mormon church, and she suddenly changed "before his own eyes". But that doesn't add up. He moved from a home he owned with JA to follow his son, after JA said she no longer wanted to be intimate because she was saving herself for a Mormon husband, and then what was supposed to happen? Was JA supposed to stay in the house and cover the mortgage by herself? He said they had little correspondence after he left. Why didn't he call a realtor and put the house on the market before he left town? They could sell the house and go their separate ways. What was the big emergency to leave without at least listing the house first, instead leaving it in the hands of his ex-girlfriend who couldn't afford it, and who he wasn't speaking to? Pretty irresponsible or more likely because there was so much drama with JA, he just bailed.

As odd as he comes across, I wouldn't want to be in his shoes.

I think Darryl intended to abandon the mortgage, and I think he intended to take Jodi with him. I recall something about him being surprised she didn't go with him. I think Jodi intended to do everything she could to get Travis to take her in, and she stayed at that house until the bank threw her out. Back around that time, I had people around me abandoning their homes. It usually took about 6 to eight months before I started to see a realtor, repping a bank, come in. And I was mad to learn the prices some of them were being sold for because of the abandonment. It was a prevalent thing back then. It was cheaper or better in some cases to let the house go than to drown under the mortgage, I guess.

I have a house next door to me right now with that problem -- I think. Once, a realtor even advised me to do it. I live in townhomes. she told me to abandon my house, buy the one for a freaking third of the price which was next door to me and let the bank have the one I was in. I thought she was crazy. How do I look, moving next door to my abandoned house? How does one even get away with that?:facepalm:

JA said several times that TA didn't like her writing negative things in her journal. A clear indication that he was reading them--whether because she asked him to, or he wanted to, we don't know.

JA said several times that he made her tear out negative parts. The only part I see torn out so far is about the break up and move.

So I think we should assume that he was reading them or had read parts of them or even that he had them in his possession but didn't care to read them even though she'd asked. Who knows.

She was lying when she said these things.

I think Darryl intended to abandon the mortgage, and I think he intended to take Jodi with him. I recall something about him being surprised she didn't go with him. I think Jodi intended to do everything she could to get Travis to take her in, and she stayed at that house until the bank threw her out. Back around that time, I had people around me abandoning their homes. It usually took about 6 to eight months before I started to see a realtor, repping a bank, come in. And I was mad to learn the prices some of them were being sold for because of the abandonment. It was a prevalent thing back then. It was cheaper or better in some cases to let the house go than to drown under the mortgage, I guess.

I have a house next door to me right now with that problem -- I think. Once, a realtor even advised me to do it. I live in townhomes. she told me to abandon my house, buy the one for a freaking third of the price which was next door to me and let the bank have the one I was in. I thought she was crazy. How do I look, moving next door to my abandoned house? How does one even get away with that?:facepalm:

Darryl broke up with JA and not vice versa. It was testified to in the second trial. She tried to get back together with him, but he wasn't interested. I believe this was in DeMarte's testimony.

Separate issue: Jodi wasn't paying her share of the mortgage.

Glad to see you here Rickshaw, but did you know you are replying to posts from November? Been there, done that.

Glad to see you here Rickshaw, but did you know you are replying to posts from November? Been there, done that.

I did know that, but all of a sudden, it became essential! Just had to say what I had to say!

It occurs to me as I write that there may be new thoughts on this topic, since our discussion has evolved since November.

The sacred (not scared) is in Palmyra, NY. That would be the location Travis would be wanting to visit with Niagara Falls a side trip since it was nearby. The Sacred Grove is where Joseph Smith prayed and was told of the plates of the Book of Mormon. It is an important historical site for the church

Creepy. Reading Travis' journal. What hit me right away is that she copied his way of writing in a journal, including initials at the end of each entry. He is using a makeshift journal because his is "lost." Along with that diamond ring, which he says JA "apparently took", so it is "not lost." He's not expressing anger about it at all.

And yes, he's sounding desperate about running out of time to get married, having to leave the singles ward within months. He still calls JA a "great girl, " and this is at the time she's leaving.

I figure he's gotta call her a "great girl" just to get her off his hands. Kinda like a used car salesman calling a clunker the "deal of a lifetime." And...... Travis was a crack salesman by profession....

final journal:

"I humbly offered some ideas (to Det Flores) for getting data out of Travis' camera, which was smashed and ruined somehow." Wait. What???

For realz? She knew in advance of the EF interrogation that the camera had been destroyed?

Another note I found that I LOL is on Dec 31, 2007 (Volume 3). A short Mexican prep cook asks her out and she laughs and walks away. Then she complains about how it's always the really short Mexicans that have a disproportionately huge sense of self confidence. Well missy, say hello to Mr. Martinez!

Thanks to PocketAccent for this little delicacy!

Hi all you journal readers. Have a question: On April 7, 2010, the Mesa Police submitted a report on four of JA’s journals, with an analysis that concluded the journals were, in fact, written by JA.

However, a conclusion in this report caught my eye. Pages 30 & 31 in the final journal (4/13/08 to 7/14/08) were subjected to electrostatic analysis (ESDA). The report noted “some discernible indented writing was developed on page 30 … whose source is unknown.”

Can any of you “journal junkies” :dance::dance: tell us why, given date or content, these pages (30 and 31) might have been tested?

Sources for info:

http://www.docexam.co.uk/esda.html
ESDA
A sensitive technique to identify indented and electrostatic writing impressions on documents caused by other documents having been written whilst resting on top of the document under investigation.

http://murderpedia.org/female.A/images/arias-jodi/jodi-arias-court-docs-1.pdf
(You’ll have to scroll down to find it: Scientific Examination Report.)

Thanks all! And Happy New Year!!!!

Was this question ever resolved?

For realz? She knew in advance of the EF interrogation that the camera had been destroyed?

IIRC, during one of the telephone interrogations/interviews (the exact one escapes me now) that DF told JA the camera had been destroyed - which was a lie to throw her off to which DF admitted to during one of the interrogation tapes, just before showing her the pictures retrieved.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500
Back