Elizabeth Johnson's Court Hearings & Charges

http://www.courtminutes.maricopa.gov/docs/Criminal/012012/m5064144.pdf

1/17/2012 Minute Entry
Elizabeth Joanne Johnson (001)

The Court has received and considered “In Session” Request for Photographic Coverage of Public Judicial Proceedings.

IT IS ORDERED granting “In Session” request for photographic coverage only in the courtroom in which this proceeding is being held. All persons with cameras shall comply with all provisions of Rule 122, Rules of the Supreme Court of Arizona, whether or not Court is in session. There shall be no use of flashbulbs, strobe lights or other artificial lights anywhere in the courthouse. There shall be no use of cameras in the hallway, stairwell, elevator, cafeteria, or other public or private area of the courthouse.

IT IS FURTHER ORDERED that the victims shall not be photographed. The Defendant may be photographed.

Do you know when "In Session' will be airing this?

PatMcReynolds Pat McReynolds
Elizabeth Johnson's new attorney has already declined interview request after hearing. E.J. is present, hair in ponytail. #babygabriel
1 minute ago

http://twitter.com/patmcreynolds

According to prosecutor, Johnson's attys prepared to stipulate E. J. is competent to stand trial, medication dependent. #babygabriel
1 minute ago

cReynolds Pat McReynolds
Looks like Elizabeth Johnson has another new Atty. I'm efforting name. Trial date is now set for Sept. 4th. #babygabriel
1 minute ago

eta- PatMcReynolds Pat McReynolds
Tammi Peter Smith case will be assigned to new judge. Currently set for March 1st. #babygabriel

Elizabeth Johnson 's new Atty: Marc Victor of Chandler. Will he last? Next ct date April 16. E.J. may not appear. #babygabriel
57 seconds ago

eta PatMcReynolds Pat McReynolds
Victor declined interview request. #babygabriel
1 minute ago

http://www.kpho.com/story/16911370/gabriels-mother-competent-to-stand-trial

Gabriel's Mother Competent to Stand Trial
By Breann Bierman

PHOENIX (CBS5) - The mother of missing baby Gabriel was back in court Friday morning.

...The judge in the case ruled Friday that as long as she gets her medication, she is competent and will stand trial in September.

...Johnson hired a new attorney, named Marc Victor, who asked for more time to familiarize himself with the case.

...The case could get delayed even further because the judge will soon be transferred out of criminal cases.

more at link.

http://www.courtminutes.maricopa.gov/docs/Criminal/022012/m5105483.pdf

2/10/2010 TRIAL SETTING

...The Court has received a Stipulation for Determination of Competency on Basis of Experts’ Reports. Therefore,

...THE COURT FINDS the Defendant to be competent and medication dependent.

IT IS ORDERED appointing the Court Clinical Liaison to monitor the Defendant and her medication regimen until further order of the Court.

...As to the Defendant’s Motion to Dismiss,

IT IS ORDERED that Defense counsel provide a supplemental memorandum to this
Court no later than March 16, 2012.

IT IS FURTHER ORDERED the State’s response shall be filed no later than April 2,

IT IS FURTHER ORDERED the Defendant’s reply shall be filed no later than April 10, 2012.

IT IS FURTHER ORDERED setting this matter for a hearing on April 16, 2012 at 8:30 a.m. in this division on the Defendant’s supplemental memorandum.

...The Court has received Defendant’s Motion for Substitution of Legal Counsel with Client Consent and Defendant’s Notice of Appearance, Request for Omnibus Hearing and Request for Discovery.

The Court will allow Defense counsel, Marc Victor, to represent the Defendant as Knapp counsel until further order...

IT IS ORDERED setting this matter for Trial on September 4, 2012 at 8:30 a.m. in this division.

IT IS ORDERED setting a Trial Management Conference on August 28, 2012 at 8:30 a.m. in this division...

Here are four cases Elizabeth filed in December 2010 (between Rule 11s so to speak). All are civil rights cases (prison conditions) filed pro se and seek money damages and in one case injunctive relief. EJ's last set of attorneys said she was "scared" but imo these filings show otherwise.

http://dockets.justia.com/search?query=Elizabeth+Joanne+Johnson&state=arizona

(click on the case and then the page # to the left of the document- you're in!)

I'm going to list some of the allegations in another post because I took so long to type, I was logged out and my post went to post heaven.

about justia.com- a great site but the entire file cannot be accessed here- that is a subscription thing so I can't say anything about the status of a listed case. Maybe a reporter will do a story eventually.

to continue- EJ's civil rights lawsuits

Those allegations, all against deputies or the MCSO staff:

1-Wrongly charged her for a disciplinary violation for lying in a grievance.

2-Talked about her and the case (laughed at her) where visitors to the jail could hear.

3-Released her medical info w/o her authorization and made errors in her medical chart.

4-Failed to transport her to court on 12/9/2010.

5-Messed with her mail, both incoming and outgoing.

6-Retaliated against her by making her visitors and lawyers wait too long to see her, acted rudely to her and her visitors.

7-Abused the disciplinary system by looking for any excuse to "write her up".

8-Lied about things she never did.

Add all this to the complaint she made to the Court about her own investigator and the bar complaint she says she filed against a former attorney-

Her lawyers say she's scared? Here's what she wrote to Logan McQueary- "Don't mess with the Monkey and the Monkey won't mess with you." IMO this is the real Elizabeth, and I expect her to kick and scream her way through the entire court process. I am rooting for these prosecutors, I really am.

moo

to continue- EJ's civil rights lawsuits

Those allegations, all against deputies or the MCSO staff:

1-Wrongly charged her for a disciplinary violation for lying in a grievance.

Is she saying she didn't lie or shouldn't have been disciplined for lying?

2-Talked about her and the case (laughed at her) where visitors to the jail could hear.

Does she really think that she's so important that others care about what is said about her (If it ever actually happened at all)?

3-Released her medical info w/o her authorization and made errors in her medical chart.

4-Failed to transport her to court on 12/9/2010.

5-Messed with her mail, both incoming and outgoing.

Does she not get that she's in jail and has no expectation of privacy?

6-Retaliated against her by making her visitors and lawyers wait too long to see her, acted rudely to her and her visitors.

Oh, boohoo, her visitors had to wait? Again, JAIL baby, JAIL!

7-Abused the disciplinary system by looking for any excuse to "write her up".

I don't think they had to look hard, but even if they did - she doesn't get the concept of jail at all, prison is going to be a riot for her!

8-Lied about things she never did.

Yes, the LEO & DCO have nothing but time to make up bad stuff about Lizzy!

Add all this to the complaint she made to the Court about her own investigator and the bar complaint she says she filed against a former attorney-

Her lawyers say she's scared? Here's what she wrote to Logan McQueary- "Don't mess with the Monkey and the Monkey won't mess with you." IMO this is the real Elizabeth, and I expect her to kick and scream her way through the entire court process. I am rooting for these prosecutors, I really am.

moo

I feel for those who have to deal with her. I never sympathize with the defense but this time I even feel badly for them. I hope the prosecutors are able to present this <snip> to a jury in such a way they see what poor Gabe was up against.

moo too.

If they are still treating her with meds, they may want to adjust them. She has delusions of grandeur being so high and mighty in jail. In manic form.

She has complained about everything all the way down to the "suprise loaf" she was served. Everything. Not surprised she did complain. One day that manic high of her's will fall and hard, I'm sure. Maybe she'll finally talk, but certainly not like how she acts like now. Hope they always keep an eye on her. She's not stable. Gabriel needs found. These episodes can go on for a long time, years even possibly avoiding what needs answered. She needs to answer some questions now like where is Gabriel. No more playing everyone. jmo

If they are still treating her with meds, they may want to adjust them. She has delusions of grandeur being so high and mighty in jail. In manic form.

She has complained about everything all the way down to the "suprise loaf" she was served. Everything. Not surprised she did complain. One day that manic high of her's will fall and hard, I'm sure. Maybe she'll finally talk, but certainly not like how she acts like now. Hope they always keep an eye on her. She's not stable. Gabriel needs found. These episodes can go on for a long time, years even possibly avoiding what needs answered. She needs to answer some questions now like where is Gabriel. No more playing everyone. jmo

I think you're right. She's not stable and I believe she never really has been. I know she seems like a tough cookie and that her constant complaints sound like whining and evidence of "Princess syndrome", but IMO, we shouldn't let her delusions of grandeur fool us. They are just that: Delusions. I think there's not much about her that's durable or genuine. She's a fragile young woman who has suffered from a mental illness for a very long time (if not since birth), of whom people have taken advantage most of her life.

Gabriel deserved (deserves!) so much more and better.

http://www.eastvalleytribune.com/local/cop_shop/article_927e6ef8-5f36-11e1-a7e9-001871e3ce6c.html

Trial in missing 'Baby Gabriel' case still months away
By Mike Sakal, Tribune

...In another court maneuver and attempt to keep Elizabeth Johnson in check, a clinical liaison has been appointed to make sure the mother of missing “Baby Gabriel” stays on her medication so she remains competent to stand trial...

...The clinical liaison will monitor Johnson’s regimen of taking medication she is required to take as part of her competency stipulation, according to court records. Last September, Johnson was ruled incompetent to stand trial for the second time throughout the course of court proceedings, but in December, a psychiatrist ruled that she was fit to stand trial after she was mentally restored through counseling and medication. Johnson is believed to suffer from a bipolar condition, causing mood swings and inconsistency in her behavior, according to police reports and Johnson’s family members...

more at link

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500
Back