Elizabeth Johnson's Court Hearings & Charges

I hope she eventually gets charged with murder......... I hope hope hope Texas is not done with this case.

I will be ticked beyond belief if she gets sent to a mental hospital for the rest of her life.

I think she fatally harmed Gabriel.

http://www.courtminutes.maricopa.gov/docs/Criminal/122011/m5012421.pdf

STATUS CONFERENCE 12/07/2011

The Court has received the Final Competency Report.

IT IS ORDERED that the Clerk of Court shall file the report under seal, not to be opened without further order of the Court.

FILED: Final Competency Report (under seal)

Counsel for the Defendant orally moves to withdraw as counsel of record. With no objection,

IT IS ORDERED allowing Daniel Raynak and Marci Kratter to withdraw as counsel of record for all further proceedings.

IT IS FURTHER ORDERED the Public Defender’s Office shall appoint new counsel for the above-named Defendant. New counsel shall be present at the Status Conference set on December 13, 2011 at 8:30 a.m. in this division.

IT IS ORDERED setting a Status Conference on December 13, 2011 at 8:30 a.m. in this division.

IT IS ORDERED setting a hearing on the Defendant’s competency status for January 6, 2012 at 10:30 a.m. in this division.

IT IS FURTHER ORDERED affirming prior custody orders.

I guess yesterday's twitter message about a trial in January was just a big tweet-tease. Another hearing on competency is the actual plan. :maddening:

And here we are yet again taking another ride on the never ending marry go round. :maddening:

https://twitter.com/courtpio

courtpio MC Superior Court
State v. Elizabeth Johnson: Today's status conference is completed. Next status is set for 1/6 at 8:30am before Judge Paul J. McMurdie.

Give her the loaf again Joe! She hates it.

I'm tired of her. What did you do to Gabrial? I"ll hold back my true feelings as it would come with some heavy duty cuss words. GAH!!

http://www.courtminutes.maricopa.gov/docs/Criminal/122011/m5021723.pdf

12/13/2011 STATUS CONFERENCE

This is the time set for Status Conference.
Court and counsel discuss matters as stated on the record.

IT IS ORDERED vacating the Oral Argument set on January 6, 2012 at 10:30 a.m. and resetting as a Status Conference at 8:30 a.m. in this division.

IT IS FURTHER ORDERED affirming prior custody orders.

VANESSA N SMITH and JENNIFER S ROCK listed as EJ's attorneys

http://www.courtminutes.maricopa.gov/docs/Criminal/122011/m5021737.pdf

12/13/2011 MINUTE ENTRY

Pursuant to the oral motion of counsel, good cause appearing,

IT IS ORDERED that Court Reporter, Cindy Benner, transcribe the following witness testimony: Dr. Daniel Gaughan, Dr. Gwen Levitt, Dr. Lawrence Allen, Dr. Bruce Kushner, and Dr. John Shaughnessy on September 16, 2011.

IT IS FURTHER ORDERED that Court Reporter, Marmie Guimont, transcribe the
following witness testimony: Dr. Thomas Geen on September 30, 2011.

IT IS FURTHER ORDERED that these transcriptions shall be completed by January 13, 2012.

The Court finds that a transcript of the above hearings is a reasonable and necessary expense for the operation of the Court.

IT IS ORDERED cost of the transcripts from the testimony held on September 16, 2011 and September 30, 2011 will be paid for by Maricopa County Superior Court, all in accordance with the formal written order signed by the Court and filed by the Clerk on December 13, 2011.

Give her the loaf again Joe! She hates it.

I'm tired of her. What did you do to Gabrial? I"ll hold back my true feelings as it would come with some heavy duty cuss words. GAH!!

I doubt she will tell because she's an evil brat who only thinks of herself.

http://www.eastvalleytribune.com/local/article_8b471540-3646-11e1-81c7-001871e3ce6c.html

Trial Might Finally Be In Sight In Baby Gabriel Case

By Mike Sakal, Tribune

...a hearing is scheduled in Maricopa County Superior Court on Friday when Johnson’s latest attorneys are expected to support Judge Paul McMurdie’s decision that Johnson is mentally competent to stand trial.

...CNN Headline News’ Nancy Grace Show has billed the Elizabeth Johnson trial in its top four trials the show will be following in 2012.

...If convicted on all the charges, Johnson could face a sentence ranging from nine months in jail to 20 years in prison, according to information from prosecutors.

...“Maricopa County is the only place where Elizabeth is going to face justice,” Frank McQueary, the child’s paternal grandfather, has said throughout the court proceedings... They will not charge her with murder and try her in San Antonio because there’s no physical evidence that she killed Gabriel. Unless, they come up with any evidence in San Antonio that she did kill Gabriel, they won’t try her because they know they have one shot at convicting her. They want to be damn sure they can get a conviction.”

...the child’s father, Logan McQueary, formerly of Gilbert and now living out of state in an attempt to move forward with his life, has resigned himself to what forensic experts have believed all along: that Johnson, as she initially told McQueary during a chilling phone call on Dec. 27, 2009, suffocated Gabriel and stuck his “little blue body” in a diaper bag before tossing it into a Dumpster.

...Meanwhile, Johnson’s grandfather, Robert Johnson, believes that his granddaughter has “come as clean as she can,” and did not kill Gabriel. “I don’t think she harmed the child,” Robert Johnson said. “I think she did what she said she did in the park that day in San Antonio: She gave Gabriel away and doesn’t know who she gave him to.”

... “Her attitude right now is this: She is going to stipulate to her attorneys to support her competency and go to trial because she said she can win.”

much more at link...

Vanessa Smith is Elizabeth Johnson's new attorney.
1 minute ago

Elizabeth Johnson hearing is underway.
59 seconds ago

Judge Paul McMurdie to attorneys: This is an old case, we need to move forward.

2/3/2012 8:30 Status Conference

this just added to calendar-

Elizabeth Johnson's next court date is a status conference 2-3 @8:30.
2 minutes ago

http://www.courtminutes.maricopa.gov/docs/Criminal/012012/m5051766.pdf

ELIZABETH JOANNE JOHNSON (001)

1/6/2012 STATUS CONFERENCE

...IT IS ORDERED setting a Status Conference on February 3, 2012 at 8:30 a.m. in this division. Defendant must be present.

...IT IS FURTHER ORDERED that the Maricopa County Sheriff’s Office shall use any
means necessary to transport the Defendant to court on February 3, 2012.

Although I would love for EJ to get Life in prison for murder, I would be happy if she got 20-30 years for the Arizona charges.

Does anyone know when the picture of Elizabeth with the blue background was taken? Is it her DL's photo? She is smiling in the picture, she looks quite young in it too.

http://www.courtminutes.maricopa.gov/docs/Criminal/012012/m5064144.pdf

1/17/2012 Minute Entry
Elizabeth Joanne Johnson (001)

The Court has received and considered “In Session” Request for Photographic Coverage of Public Judicial Proceedings.

IT IS ORDERED granting “In Session” request for photographic coverage only in the courtroom in which this proceeding is being held. All persons with cameras shall comply with all provisions of Rule 122, Rules of the Supreme Court of Arizona, whether or not Court is in session. There shall be no use of flashbulbs, strobe lights or other artificial lights anywhere in the courthouse. There shall be no use of cameras in the hallway, stairwell, elevator, cafeteria, or other public or private area of the courthouse.

IT IS FURTHER ORDERED that the victims shall not be photographed. The Defendant may be photographed.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500
Back