FL-AMBER ALERT Haleigh Cummings 5 yrs. old - Putnam County #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
I suspect however that the GF may be involved and this is not related to any sex offenders.

I suspect however that the GF may be involved and this is not related to any sex offenders.

I do think it's strange to be up at 3:45 in the morning and Hayleigh just happened to be missing, but I read that dad got off at 3, so maybe that's why she was up?

Regardless, SOMEONE has done SOMETHING. :mad:

I always go check on Pooky before I go to sleep, sometimes it's at 1 or 2 am when I am writing. I dont usually go to bed and THEN get up and check on her unless she is sleeping past 7 am then I worry and go check.

On the other hand, I have a monitor in her room, so I could see if I didnt have a monitor that I would probably get up and check on her.

She could have wandered off too. Just saying.

Pooky can open the front door and unlock the deadbolt. I was already thinking about geting one of those eye hook latches for the top of the door. I think I will do it today.

I have a monitor as well, but before I go to sleep or if I'm up using the restroom during the night, sometimes I go in and make sure my girls are covered up and everything. I'm just saying... the girlfriend noticing she's missing at 3:30am doesn't sound that far-fetched. And like others have said, if the dad came home at 3, she could have been woken by that and gotten up to check on the kids.

I really hope she's found safe and sound, she looks like a precious little girl.

Oh this is sad. I do not believe this child wondered out the door. I have a Bailey and she is 6. She will not go out side at night it's too scary. I have a feeling the girlfriend is invovled. Watching and reading about these cases so much convinces me why the LE always looks at the family first.
I hope this baby has not suffered.

http://jacksonville.com/news/metro/crime/2009-02-10/story/putnam_issues_missing_child_alert

Law enforcement officers with boats and aircraft are searching an area of southern Putnam County for a 5-year-old girl last seen at home about 10 p.m. Monday, authorities said.

A missing and endangered child alert has been issued for Haleigh Cummings, last seen in the Hermit's Cove area of Satsuma when she was in bed. About 3 a.m. the girl's father came home and saw her missing, said Lt. Johnny Greenwood of the Putnam County Sheriff's Office. A woman believed to be the father's wife or girlfriend was also asleep in the residence.

Greenwood said the father noticed Haleigh missing and woke the woman. He said there is no immediate evidence of foul play but that the home off Seven Sisters Road is very near the St. Johns River and that there are canals reaching into the neighborhood.

I think this story sounds bizzare. The girlfriend was asleep, No she was up, No she got up to use the bathroom.

I agree that this story sounds bizarre, INQUIRING MINDS! It is NOT good when the story gets so convoluted in the beginning.

I also do not like that there is that water in the area - Lake St. John? Can't remember the name for sure.

I wonder why the back door was unlocked? I am glad the dogs are there. A good dog could get the scent from Haleigh's bed and hopefully track her.

Conflicting stories usually lead to not so good an ending, IMO. I know LE has to clear the father and girlfriend first. They just may not get past them...............

The first Amber Alert went off during the service for Caylee for us viewers here in Florida.........Will it ever end? :cry:

Haleigh Ann-Marie Cummings

Attachments

• haleigh.jpg
    haleigh.jpg
    7.9 KB · Views: 462
I know most of you are intent on posting up-to-date info... but could I please request you post a little synopsis with the links? TIA

Not sure but was reading about this poor miissing baby in the Jacksonville topix and seen someone release her name and i searched for her on myspace not sure if i can post the link?

I posted earlier about my hinkey meter being way up. However someone else posted how she possibly could have wandered off.

Thinking back, I sleep walked when I was about five and my mother did find me outside one time. I wonder why that's not a consideration and an amber alert is. Are authorities searching the area?

Then again, sleepwalkers wake up eventually and she couldn't have gone far. Oh my...

I wonder where the real mom is too.

I have a monitor as well, but before I go to sleep or if I'm up using the restroom during the night, sometimes I go in and make sure my girls are covered up and everything. I'm just saying... the girlfriend noticing she's missing at 3:30am doesn't sound that far-fetched. And like others have said, if the dad came home at 3, she could have been woken by that and gotten up to check on the kids.

I really hope she's found safe and sound, she looks like a precious little girl.

I agree- my mom was a light sleeper and if she woke up in the middle of the night she always checked on us if only to make sure we didn't kick our blankets off, or when we were older to make sure we didn't fall asleep with a book in bed - "those edges are sharp and could poke you in your sleep!"

But now the news report says the DAD first saw Haleigh and woke the girlfriend up? That's a different thing.

And agree also, unless the baby was a sleepwalker? I doubt she'd leave the house. And if she was, you'd think they'd have a gate or something

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fbifedora