GUILTY FL - Denise Lee, 21, raped & murdered, North Port, 17 Jan 2008

http://www.sun-herald.com/CHNewsstory.cfm?pubdate=011908&story=tp1ch1.htm&folder=NewsArchive2

Late Friday afternoon, the Manatee County Sheriff's Office was conducting a search in the vicinity of U.S. 301 in Parrish, according to the Bradenton Herald. The massive search of the rural area, involving helicopter and deputies on foot, horseback, and all-terrain vehicles, ended shortly after 7 p.m., when darkness made success increasingly unlikely. The search is expected to resume this morning.

It is believed King's parents live in Manatee County.

http://www.sun-herald.com/CHNewsstory.cfm?pubdate=011908&story=ch4.htm&folder=NewsArchive2

Charlotte County Sheriff's Sgt. Rick Goff could only wait and hope Friday as colleagues joined an exhaustive search for his daughter, 21-year-old Denise Amber Lee.

Goff, a 24-year veteran with the Sheriff's Office, saw his department turn out in force to help with what became an all-day search for the young mother, who police believe was abducted from her home sometime Thursday afternoon.

"As of 10:30 a.m. (Friday), we had 50 people who have been requested to help with the search," said Bob Carpenter, Charlotte Sheriff's public information officer. Charlotte sent a helicopter, K-9 and marine units to help comb the woods bordering Interstate 75 in North Port.

"The deputies wanted to volunteer," Carpenter said. "We're only in there as an invite, an assist. We have as many as is needed at this time, but we told (Charlotte deputies) to stand by if they want help. We will call them to relieve the ones that are there or if the North Port Police request more to be there."

Goff, 46, heads up Charlotte's warrants squad and had been a narcotics officer.

Charlotte Sheriff's Maj. Dan Libby described Goff as an "one of the most outstanding officers" who has been very effective heading up the warrants squad.

"He knows everybody, knows where they are and can find them," Libby said. "He's a bulldog when it comes to catching the criminal. And he's a good person.

http://www.heraldtribune.com/article/20080119/NEWS/801190385

NORTH PORT -- Michael Lee King did not even live here anymore. He had quit his job, moved away and was losing his house on Sardinia Avenue.

A few of his neighbors thought good riddance because they suspected he was the one who had slashed their tires and pelted their cars with eggs.

Then on Thursday afternoon his green Camaro showed up in the driveway of the Lees. Nathaniel was out working one of his three jobs. Denise, 21, was home with their two young sons -- it was nap time.

Neighbors had seen the car a few times, and immediately suspected something was amiss.

I wonder if King had a personal vendetta against Amber's father...

She " is the daughter of Richard Goff, the former head of Charlotte County’s narcotics bureau."

Any moderators reading...there are two threads on this..maybe we could merge? Here's what I posted on the other thread...maybe they can find out if King had any contact with Lee's father.

She " is the daughter of Richard Goff, the former head of Charlotte County’s narcotics bureau."

Where was he the night Coral Rose was abducted? He is obviously bold enough to go inside someone's home and abduct them. This is in the same general area as Coral Rose.:waitasec:

Local reports stated that when shown a picture of the suspect, Goff did not recognise him nor was he familiar with his name.

I ran the suspects name through the Charlotte County records and there is nothing and this is where Goff works.

The crime occurred in North Port, which is Sarasota County, even though we basically blend in together at that spot. Suspect is also in Sarasota County, so even though anything is possible, I don't feel like Goff's job has anything to do with this - just another random pig pervert that preys on us all.

I am quite sure that scenerio was investigated right away. This is sooo sad that one of our own protecters has now joined the other side of the fence.

This is so sad. I can't imagine the horror her family is going through. Especially her dad having to listen to her on the 911 cal to identify her voice. She was begging the to let her go!

All day Friday, to investigators and relatives, the situation made no sense.
On their minds was Denise Amber Lee, 21, of North Port, daughter of a law enforcement veteran and a married stay-at-home mom. She liked posting pictures and video on My-Space of her 2005 wedding and her two sons, showing off her infant's hiccups and his 2-year-old brother dancing around in a diaper.
Where was she?
(more at link)

http://www2.tbo.com/content/2008/jan/19/me-link-sought-between-suspect-missing-woman/

Thanks, River Rat...just wanted to throw that possibility out there...what about nephews/family members of Kings that might have been arrested by her father? I know that will be harder to trace..

according to foxnewstv he has given LE a general idea of where to look for her. it doesn't sound good!

From RiverRats link:

http://www.heraldtribune.com/article/20080119/BREAKING/265005305

As authorities searched in North Port, a few residents volunteered to help, perhaps reminded of the last time an abduction turned the city upside-down. It was less than a year and a half ago that 6-year-old Coralrose Fullwood was abducted from her home in the middle of the night, raped and murdered.

While police still have not charged anyone with the assault on Coralrose, a description of the green Camaro led to the arrest of King about six hours after Denise Lee disappeared.

From Philamena's link:

Detectives say a shovel, a long strand of blonde hair and a woman’s ring were recovered from King’s vehicle.

can you imagine her husband...coming home and finding those 2 babies all alone, and his wife missing from the home....how very sad this is-----even as quickly as it seems to have been put together- she is still not home, and probably will not be :furious:
prayers for all the family

http://www.sun-herald.com/breakingnews.cfm?id=4480

"At 6:14 p.m., a call came in to the Sarasota 911 Center. Reportedly, voices of a woman and a man could be heard. Denise Lee's cousin, Sheana Goff, said that during the call, the woman asked, "When are you going to take me, Denise Amber Lee, back to Latour Avenue?" possibly to leave clues as to what was happening."

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Roller Derby
Back