GUILTY FL - Denise Lee, 21, raped & murdered, North Port, 17 Jan 2008

http://www.heraldtribune.com/articl...AKING/265005305

NORTH PORT -- Police announced they turned up a "new development" this afternoon in the kidnapping of a mother of two young children and will give details at a news conference today at 4 p.m.

North Port Police Captain Kevin Vespa gave no further information in a press release but did move up the press conference by an hour."

I read her husband was seen leaving the police station earlier today sobbing. So this is probably not good news.

last night search and rescue found a suspicious spot, it was investigated this morning and remains found. No positive ID made. Family notified.

At 2:15 p.m. the search for Denise Amber Lee was suspended. The Sarasota County Sheriff's Office identified a scene of interest in this case last night, which was then secured. Forensic teams uncovered the body of a white female today at the scene in the area of Interstate 75 and Toledo Blade Boulevard, according to North Port Police Chief Terry Lewis.

No identification has been made at this time.

There will be a press conference at 10 a.m. Sunday morning, at which time the family will release a statement.

http://www.sun-herald.com/breakingnews.cfm?id=4480

Prayers for Denise's family. Another white young woman still missing is Jennifer Kesse- Thursday, January 24 will mark two years since she was abducted. This could be either one of them. Sounds more likely that it will be Denise.

I want to fry this guy one little piece of flesh at a time; like bacon in a hot skillet! I am so disgusted, angry, and sad over this, I can't find words!!! :furious: :furious: :furious: Of course, I knew from the beginning this was going to be the likely outcome, but it is never, ever, ever, easy to accept. You know what is really disgusting to me??? This had probably already raped her (she had been missing for about three hours), when he stopped by his cousin's home. SHE WAS ALIVE - and he stopped to BORROW equipment to BURY HER!!!! :furious: :furious: :furious: That is about as good of an example as I have ever seen of premeditated evil. SHE WAS ALIVE!!!! The cousin will suffer for the rest of his life, if he has any soul worth being called human. He could have done something to help, and he waited..... AGHHHH!!!! Right now, Florida should seize the opportunity to change the way the state is headed. They should start a competition with Texas to see who can execute them the fastest. First, we need this 's DNA. This does not feel to me, like it was this guy's first murder. He was brazen in the way he abducted her, the way he freaking BORROWED the equipment to BURY her while she was ALIVE in the back seat of the car. AGHHHH!!!! :furious: I just want to scream over this case. I had stopped smoking, but I am thinking about starting again. You know the other thing that makes me feel like I am about to vomit - her wedding ring on the backseat. Did she leave that as a clue; or did he take it from her? Either way, my fingers itch because I want to feel his flesh underneath my fingernails. I HATE HIIM. :furious:

Why?

Apparently, the cousin hadn't seen this guy for nine months, and told his cousin that the girl in the backseat screaming for the cousin to call the cops that she was his "psycho girlfriend" and to not pay any attention to her. The cousin said that the guy also was prone to lying and exaggerating.

Another thing I read was that Amber's mother currently had the babies in her care, and was trying to get the littlest one, the 6 month old, to take a bottle. That breaks my heart, because I presume that he was being nursed by his momma. The whole thing is heartbreaking; and I pray that justice has it's way with her abductor.

My heart goes out to her family. I hope they find out the answers as to why this creep did this soon.

(((((((((((Reannan))))))))))) I agree with all you said and am sending you huge amounts of hugs and empathy and prayers for Denise and her family.

May the Lord be with them in this dark time,

Salem

http://www.sun-herald.com/CHNewsstory.cfm?pubdate=012008&story=tp2ch5.htm&folder=NewsArchive2

01/20/08
Charlotte County Sheriff's Office rallies around victim's family

NORTH PORT -- Sgt. Richard Goff has been with the Charlotte County Sheriff's Office for 24 years, at one point working in narcotics and currently heading the Fugitive Apprehension Unit. He has worked with hundreds of people in his time with the agency.

When his daughter went missing, those colleagues responded.

Many were among the 340 law enforcement officers who searched for Denise Amber Lee, 21, in the woods around Interstate 75 from Thursday evening through Saturday afternoon.

"The vast majority of them were here on their time off," said CCSO Major Mark Caro. "We're all someone's child or someone's parent."

Among those helping on search and rescue teams were the three detectives who work with Goff in the Fugitive Apprehension Unit -- Ralph Soberay, Jeff Young and Bradley Murray.

"They felt satisfied they had helped," Caro said.

On Saturday afternoon, the Sarasota County Sheriff's Office found the remains of a woman buried near Toledo Blade Boulevard and Interstate 75. It was not known whether the woman was Lee.

"Rick, her dad, wanted her home," said North Port Police Chief Terry Lewis during a press conference. "This isn't the way we, as a team, wanted to bring her home."

Lewis requested the news media respect the Goff family's privacy. They are expected to make a public statement Sunday morning. Caro also said the other detectives in the Fugitive Apprehension Unit were asked to give Goff privacy Saturday. The family's pastor has been with them, as well as victim advocates with the Sarasota County Sheriff's Office.

:(

RiverRat, thank you for posting those links.

I just watched the presser with tears streaming down my cheeks. WHY??????
This is just so very senseless. Denise was so very loved, as are all victims of evil people. This just makes me sick and my heart and prayers go out to her dad, husband, boys and the rest of her family who obviously adored her.

:furious: :furious: :furious: :furious: :furious: :furious: :furious: :furious:

RiverRat, thank you for posting those links.

The only Thanks necessary are of those to my fellow posters here that had it in their hearts to follow along with me. This case deserved more than local attention, so here I am back at WBS to let the world know what is happening to us down here where a crime like this never used to be an issue.

My prayers are with the Lee family today. May she rest in peace. May this sick *advertiser censored* who did this to her get what he has coming.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Alafair
Back