FL FL - Dorothy Schofield, 14, Ocala, 22 July 1976

Suzan, when I think of Dorothy Scofield, I can't help but think of Adam Walsh. Dorothy disappeared 7/22/76 from a mall in Florida and 5 years later Adam disappeared 7/27/81 from a mall in Florida. I am in no way saying that the two cases are related. We know what happened with Adam but I always wonder what happened to her. I have been unable to find anything on her case.

No answers, just some info.....maybe with further research you could find something about it....

I do remember reading about her case in John Walsh's book "Tears of Rage". I have just looked and I no longer have the book. I cannot recall if it went into any details about the info you are looking for.
Her disappearance resulted in formation of the "Dee Schofield Awareness Project" by Dee/Dorothy's aunt Ivana DiNova. The group no longer exists; don't know what happened to them. Her name is spelled both ways many times, so you have to Google it both ways.

A little more (very little) but more at link:

http://laurajames.typepad.com/clews/2007/07/guest-post-by-r.html

"........The day after Dee vanished, detectives interviewed a clerk at Nuby’s. According to an article in the Star-Banner, “A woman employe (sic) at the store positively identified a young girl who had been in the store as the missing Schofield (sic) girl.” Sergeant Gordon Welch of the Ocala Police Department said the clerk “described the girl and clothing she was wearing before police presented her with a description.” The clerk said that the girl entered the store with two men--she was shaking and crying and looked uncomfortable....."

Hi, I've always spelled it the same way you did, that's how I knew who you were talking about. LOL I posted to Richard, that's how every article & website has her name spelled Scofield.

I always saw her name spelled Schofield and earlier versions of her case on Doenetwork also spelled it Schofield. Doe has changed the spelling to Scofield more recently. I guess you have to use both spellings to do any searching of the web. Whichever way it is spelled, it is pronounced "Scofield".

I don't believe Dee ran off because of her family's financial woes. Nothing I read has even mentioned money issues. It makes my mind boggle that the waitress in that store did not take action when she saw how odd Dee was acting. A young girl shaking and crying and she was with two men? That would be enough for me to call the cops.

Bumping Up for Dee. When my step daughter was kidnapped in 1985, I was in touch with her Aunt Betty on a daily basis. I was so hoping this issue had be resolved by now.

My thoughts and prayers are still with her family.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AndieLiz
Back