FL - FSU Law Professor Dan Markel Murdered by Hitmen *4 Guilty* #22

Obviously, the video is from the bodycam of one of the arresting officers in Miami Dade county.

I am not surprised by the demeanor of Donna and Harvey Adelson during Donna’s arrest! I believed (see attached), and still I believe the images of these “dear players” entangled in the Dan Markel murder are distorted. All of the Adelson Charles, Donna, Wendi and Harvey evoked in this Dan Markel murder investigation and prosecution are well fed, tough as nails, bodybuilding and fitness fanatics! They are also known to be arrogant and entitled.

However, two items are surprising:
1. As shown in the court proceedings, the Jail Calls and other recorded calls etc., the audio & video recording of Donna’s arrest show one more time how “less than smart” they are. Still, it surprises me how far off their “lack of wisdom” could reach: a) when was an arrest warrant issued? b) Why did not I receive a notice about it? Donna is that stupefied.
2. The other surprising person is FBI Special Agent Sanford! How discreet, hand-off style, and quietly FBI Special Agent Sanford handled the arrest is surprising, given that he is the principal in LE side in this event. Sanford lets others do the talking, the taking, and everything else in between. Sanford seems to just be present, to slide or to shuffle around and … his job is done!
When Sanford approaches I hear him ask "Do you recognize me?" When Donna starts to say/show recognition, he says "You're under arrest for the murder of Dan Markel."

Oh no! Oh NO! OH NO!!! Can you imagine how many potential jurors could be disqualified for just listening?????
but wouldn't next week's Dateline have a bigger impact - if that was his aim? Is he appearing on that too or did he turn them down? Soon find out.
( What's STS's reach and subscriber numbers? Comparatively small compared to DL?)

Let's see tonight whether he's transparently releasing the rabbit ( In order to set the dogs running. Cause at this stage of his game - and especially if she really does want speedy trial - I doubt there's many rabbits he can pull out of the hat come trial week)
I will watch it, I don't expect him to be asked Qs I'd like A's to - unrealistic

Last edited:
Well, Donna seemed to think she'd have been notified prior to the arrest, as she said as much in the cop car. She expected a courtesy call? Haha! Like she wouldn't flee if they gave her notice! LMAO

On second thoughts she could've just been acting dumb or 'talking for the tape' ?

20 mins thinking time have elapsed since the cuffing.

Was she trying to think ahead? For example: ' I had no idea when we set off on the first leg of our round the world trip that I wasn't supposed to leave the country. In fact I said something similar on the bodycam'.
At this stage, Nov 13, she's not aware she's already been snared on a hot mic call.

Who knows how wily she is, just spitballin ( I doubt Dan will use that bit of the tape anyway, I wouldn't)

Anyway, sat in that car she has to be wondering who tipped them off. Does Wendi cross her mind, amongst a handful of other associates who knew they were leaving? )

Last edited:
Obviously, the video is from the bodycam of one of the arresting officers in Miami Dade county.

I am not surprised by the demeanor of Donna and Harvey Adelson during Donna’s arrest! I believed (see attached), and still I believe the images of these “dear players” entangled in the Dan Markel murder are distorted. All of the Adelson Charles, Donna, Wendi and Harvey evoked in this Dan Markel murder investigation and prosecution are well fed, tough as nails, bodybuilding and fitness fanatics! They are also known to be arrogant and entitled.

However, two items are surprising:
1. As shown in the court proceedings, the Jail Calls and other recorded calls etc., the audio & video recording of Donna’s arrest show one more time how “less than smart” they are. Still, it surprises me how far off their “lack of wisdom” could reach: a) when was an arrest warrant issued? b) Why did not I receive a notice about it? Donna is that stupefied.
2. The other surprising person is FBI Special Agent Sanford! How discreet, hand-off style, and quietly FBI Special Agent Sanford handled the arrest is surprising, given that he is the principal in LE side in this event. Sanford lets others do the talking, the taking, and everything else in between. Sanford seems to just be present, to slide or to shuffle around and … his job is done!
What was the FBI guy wearing at the arrest? I was getting kinda confused 'cos it was all so caj, I couldn't tell who was who. It didn't look like any normal kind of arrest, except for the handcuffs.

They also managed to get the Adelsons separate from the other passengers. Maybe they told them they were getting seating priority? Or they brought them up from the business lounge?

Anyway, sat in that car she has to be wondering who tipped them off. Does Wendi cross her mind, amongst a handful of other associates who knew they were leaving? )
Snipped for focus

It would be delicious paranoia if she thought Dan could have tipped off LE. Technically, he should have, yes?

When Sanford approaches I hear him ask "Do you recognize me?" When Donna starts to say/show recognition, he says "You're under arrest for the murder of Dan Markel."
My take aways, especially after she gives the eyeroll/hand wave off when she is told she is being arrested for the murder of Dan Markel: 1) Inspite of her/his ability to quickly think of excuses, I still see a few chinks in her/their armor. She instinctively yanked her phone away LE. "My attorney told me not to give you my cell phone." So there was the expectation of LE coming to "visit" them soon and they would be taking her phone. Right? 2) How quickly HA jumped into the situation and tried to take ownership of the phone as if it were in his possession. He says, "I" don't want to give it to you." 3) "My husband is almost 80 yrs old, he can't come with me? HA takes the cue and says, "Yeah I can't...4) "Who's going to help him get home? This is terrible." A daughter in town, pals, and attorney on speed dial? She tells HA "to call Uber," so he must have another phone in his possession. 5) HA/DA are very in tuned to each other. She gives direction he follows.
I am shocked/not shocked by her "total stoicism"...I would have wet my pants, fainted from humiliation and taken the elevator...an escalator would have been impossible! SHE IS ONE TOUGH COOKIE! And why did HA jump in on the cell phone issue....hmmm?? And DA's controlled and soothing voice, "This terrible, this is insane " blah, blah,blah....
Uh...OK...which part?

Last edited:
What was the FBI guy wearing at the arrest? I was getting kinda confused 'cos it was all so caj, I couldn't tell who was who. It didn't look like any normal kind of arrest, except for the handcuffs.

They also managed to get the Adelsons separate from the other passengers. Maybe they told them they were getting seating priority? Or they brought them up from the business lounge?
FBI agent is in a blue short sleeve shirt and khaki colored pants. I remembered him from CA's trial. Patrick Sanford...also present for the arrest of CA. The Feds really have a deep hand in this...anyone want to hazard a guess why???
1705512524922.png

Last edited:
Snipped for focus

It would be delicious paranoia if she thought Dan could have tipped off LE. Technically, he should have, yes?
Might make a good question for him on tonight's show - if somebody wants to cause a ruckus ;)
------

So, Dan Rashbaum also appears in Dateline's next show - so that answers the question asked earlier on this thread.

BTW, can anybody confirm that Rashbaum is also appearing on Court TV on Friday? If so, are people really gonna boycott all three channels ?

I'm looking at the Donna arrest video. Imagine hanging on to your actual real cell phone when actively on the run from a likely murder arrest. Who DOES that? Everyone KNOWS that you gotta have a burner or several.

LE would've been able to track her all over the universe. The phone prolly even has an app so that family can see where she is 24/7.

Last edited:
I’m upset on behalf of Dateline that all these court channels are preempting their Friday premiere and airing this footage. Why didn’t these court channels access this footage prior to finding out Dateline had it? It’s public info. Since Charlie’s conviction/Donna’s arrest we got a hundred and one episodes from all these channels speculating about Wendi’s arrest and culpability and yet no actual WORK by them to give viewers this critical footage. Julie Grant confidently stated Wendi would be arrested over the holidays, didn’t she? Just straight up making stuff up with no backing! Meanwhile this golden footage was just sitting there waiting for one of them to submit a FOIA request. Too busy making unfounded predictions I guess.

Anyway, I’m impressed by Donna’s calm demeanor. I am more anxious in my day to day life than she was at her arrest for MURDER! Lol

JMO

Anyway, I’m impressed by Donna’s calm demeanor. I am more anxious in my day to day life than she was at her arrest for MURDER! Lol

JMO
I've said a few times that I think there must be a small element of relief as they get arrested. They don't want to be arrested and prison is going to be a living nightmare, but the waiting and not knowing when they will be arrested has been killing them. Evidenced by the fact they're all juiced up on Xanax bars and the like. When DA was in the police car, her facial expression was almost one of acceptance. It would have been hard on all of them, trying to live a normal life, trying to be happy and positive and for fleeting moments they'd forget about the murder and the fact they're all suspects until the ghost of Dan Markel would return and give them a gentle reminder....

I’m upset on behalf of Dateline that all these court channels are preempting their Friday premiere and airing this footage. Why didn’t these court channels access this footage prior to finding out Dateline had it? It’s public info. Since Charlie’s conviction/Donna’s arrest we got a hundred and one episodes from all these channels speculating about Wendi’s arrest and culpability and yet no actual WORK by them to give viewers this critical footage. Julie Grant confidently stated Wendi would be arrested over the holidays, didn’t she? Just straight up making stuff up with no backing! Meanwhile this golden footage was just sitting there waiting for one of them to submit a FOIA request. Too busy making unfounded predictions I guess.

JMO
She was medicated imo . Regular long term use of Xanax, and possible sleep meds preparing to take a red eye overseas. Her meds appeared very important to her. She wanted to take them with her.

Her demeanor would not be like others with a normal “fight or flight” response.
Increased cortisol- sympathetic nervous system reaction.

FBI agent is in a blue short sleeve shirt and khaki colored pants. I remembered him from CA's trial. Patrick Sanford...also present for the arrest of CA. The Feds really have a deep hand in this...anyone want to hazard a guess why???
View attachment 475363
From early reporting in 2016,it was understood that the Feds always wanted the whole family, but the state through Willie Meggs wouldn’t arrest.
Someone can correct me if I’m wrong.Much of my understanding of this case over the years has been through this site and online articles (Tallahassee Democrat)

I posted a while back, that for the Adelsons, getting arrested is not what they want, but it almost gives them some relief. They've been dreading for this moment for almost 10 years, the stress of waiting to get arrested would have been almost unbearable, now the nightmare is over. Although what faces them will be just as nightmarish.
I think they really enjoyed the first 2 years till the first arrest in 2016. They probably thought they were free and clear.

From early reporting in 2016,it was understood that the Feds always wanted the whole family, but the state through Willie Meggs wouldn’t arrest.
Someone can correct me if I’m wrong.Much of my understanding of this case over the years has been through this site and online articles (Tallahassee Democrat)

I agree Florida politics is a really great source!

Last edited:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
weary
Back