FL - FSU Law Professor Dan Markel Murdered by Hitmen *4 Guilty* #22

The podcast that I heard -- Patty's Playhouse -- said of the 400+ calls on Charlie's call log, NOT A SINGLE CALL was made to his father or the mother of his child. She was emphatic about that -- and repeated it several times -- as I think even the host of the podcast found that hard to believe.

There were N Carolina area codes on those calls. I think “919”, so who would it have been?

i'm probably stating the obvious-but i'm surprised at the number of people who still have the same cell # associated with a city they lived in 10 years ago.
There's no reason to ever change your phone number once it's been established and everyone knows it.

Area codes may be tied to location, but that's just an accident of history from the days that all telephones were landlines.

Well she had the 2 week trip planned to go to Machu Pichu Peru with Harvey.
For a tourist, Macchu Picchu is a whole different universe than Guatemalan hinterland, which is mentioned as a Wendi-thing ^^^. The first requires an expensive guided trip, and you do the climb with hundreds of other wealthy folk in spanking new LL Bean outfits. Totally sanitized experience. You can't go without a guide. All controlled.
Guatemala, on the other hand, is rough around the edges. It's more of a "Lonely Planet" niche. A beautiful country, but a visit to most places would be in the "developing country" category. Everything a lot more rudimentary. Definitely not Costa Rica (which we know from Caitlin Armstrong's criminal escapade). Antigua may have some expensive hotels (dunno), but, if you'll notice, you don't really see ads in expensive travel magazines for vacays in Guatemalan hinterlands. "Yoga retreats" at Lake Atitlán, maybe, but these seems kinda loosey goosey, though they prolly charge alot.
Guatemala has had a history of guerrilla movements. Peru is a rough place, evidently, but the Macchu Picchu adventure is very controlled, and it's one big site. My impression is, in Guatemala, you're pretty much on your own as far as planning a vacation, and the amenities are unlikely to be on the posh side and maybe not always comfy. Very rich experience, though. (I have been there, including to Antigua, but not recently).

We know Lake Atitlán and its "developing" context from the recent case of a drowning there, where I think family and millions of internet posters seem to have been shocked that the authorities in Guatemala and the services there, might operate differently than in the US.

It very much surprises me that a Wendi-type would be going to Guatemala. It doesn't seem like she'd tolerate any kind of discomfort. I could see Jeff going there, though.

Here's major MSM on Guatemala to give an idea. Note: Antigua is not at Lake Atitlán, though it might seem so from this article. IIRC it took us many hours to drive from one to the other. Haha...."luxury hotels"...this may be relative to other places in Guatemala. Oh, I see, it's pretty much a nice B & B on Lake Atitlán.

FWIW I'd recommend going to these areas of Guatemala, if you have a chance. I'd go back there in a flash over Macchu Picchu. What was unforgettable for me was not so much the scenery, or the buildings of Antigua, or even the Mayan temples buried in jungle, as the local villages, Maya descendants, the markets, brilliant colored woven costumes. Chichecastenango, Quezaltenango, Sololá...Loved it all. One of the most striking experiences I've had abroad as far as the richness of local culture. I remember it being very hard not to stare at the locals.

Last edited:
There were N Carolina area codes on those calls. I think “919”, so who would it have been?
Lots of retired military in NC. "Under the new law, the exemption will apply to veteran survivors, those who medically retired, and retirees who have served in the Armed Forces for a minimum of 20 years"...Maybe an ex military pal???

There are 40 cities in 12 counties covered by 919 (NC). However, as someone mentioned, one need not reside in 919 area in order to possess that area code in one's ph number.

City# Prefixes% PrefixesPopulation% of Population
Raleigh, NC36341.2%467,66518.3%
Durham, NC18020.4%283,50611.1%
Cary, NC738.3%174,7216.9%
Chapel Hill, NC9811.1%61,9602.4%

919 Area Code - Location, Time, Map, Cities and Census Data

The podcast that I heard -- Patty's Playhouse -- said of the 400+ calls on Charlie's call log, NOT A SINGLE CALL was made to his father or the mother of his child. She was emphatic about that -- and repeated it several times -- as I think even the host of the podcast found that hard to believe.

Not the first time I learned her information was incorrect, but that was about WA employment (meh).

Duly noted.

For a tourist, Macchu Picchu is a whole different universe than Guatemalan hinterland, which is mentioned as a Wendi-thing ^^^. The first requires an expensive guided trip, and you do the climb with hundreds of other wealthy folk in spanking new LL Bean outfits. Totally sanitized experience. You can't go without a guide. All controlled.
Guatemala, on the other hand, is rough around the edges. It's more of a "Lonely Planet" niche. A beautiful country, but a visit to most places would be in the "developing country" category. Everything a lot more rudimentary. Definitely not Costa Rica (which we know from Caitlin Armstrong's criminal escapade). Antigua may have some expensive hotels (dunno), but, if you'll notice, you don't really see ads in expensive travel magazines for vacays in Guatemalan hinterlands. "Yoga retreats" at Lake Atitlán, maybe, but these seems kinda loosey goosey, though they prolly charge alot.
Guatemala has had a history of guerrilla movements. Peru is a rough place, evidently, but the Macchu Picchu adventure is very controlled, and it's one big site. My impression is, in Guatemala, you're pretty much on your own as far as planning a vacation, and the amenities are unlikely to be on the posh side and maybe not always comfy. Very rich experience, though. (I have been there, including to Antigua, but not recently).

We know Lake Atitlán and its "developing" context from the recent case of a drowning there, where I think family and millions of internet posters seem to have been shocked that the authorities in Guatemala and the services there, might operate differently than in the US.

It very much surprises me that a Wendi-type would be going to Guatemala. It doesn't seem like she'd tolerate any kind of discomfort. I could see Jeff going there, though.

Here's major MSM on Guatemala to give an idea. Note: Antigua is not at Lake Atitlán, though it might seem so from this article. IIRC it took us many hours to drive from one to the other. Haha...."luxury hotels"...this may be relative to other places in Guatemala. Oh, I see, it's pretty much a nice B & B on Lake Atitlán.

FWIW I'd recommend going to these areas of Guatemala, if you have a chance. I'd go back there in a flash over Macchu Picchu. What was unforgettable for me was not so much the scenery, or the buildings of Antigua, or even the Mayan temples buried in jungle, as the local villages, Maya descendants, the markets, brilliant colored woven costumes. Chichecastenango, Quezaltenango, Sololá...Loved it all. One of the most striking experiences I've had abroad as far as the richness of local culture. I remember it being very hard not to stare at the locals.
Nice you can do so much traveling. We can hardly take a 1 week vacation a year.

i'm probably stating the obvious-but i'm surprised at the number of people who still have the same cell # associated with a city they lived in 10 years ago.

If I changed mine for every move I made I would have lost contact with alot of friends, acquaintances and resources. I’m currently not in the same area code that my first phone number was in and there is a certainty that I won’t be.

I live in North Carolina with my landline area code being 919, but my cell phone is 561 because I lived in South Florida from 2001 - 2016 so I kept my same cell number. I'll never change my cell number.

I didn't realize Bri moved back to NC. Interesting.

Moo; Moo

I live in North Carolina with my landline area code being 919, but my cell phone is 561 because I lived in South Florida from 2001 - 2016 so I kept my same cell number. I'll never change my cell number.

I didn't realize Bri moved back to NC. Interesting.

Moo; Moo
Apparently she lives in an apartment near her mother. Someone I can’t mention here for some reason said that. FF.

Was looking on some new posts on Reddit.
Apparently many people didn’t know about Reddit, or that there was a discussion there on the murder. (last week on Carl’s live it was mentioned)
Getting very busy there.
Seems to be a resurgence of channel hosts mentioning Epsteins book. Judy being the first to bring him on her channel.
Another channel host recently talked of the book.
Any thoughts on this and why almost 2 yrs later everyone is chatting about him again?
Also a good video posted on the celebration dinner. Though the channel host (someone new-their first DM video ), and Georgia for that matter, didn’t bring up the fact that someone who didn’t eat a “meal” for a month (more like 2 weeks), would sit at a bar and have two drinks (according to CA).

I do believe CA even said they were more like 2 shots each-( I think he said they were Martini’s)…no one who doesn’t drink as Wendi claimed would have 2 martinis on an empty stomach after not eating a “meal” in a month.
Interesting also is how Wendi denies she even drinks (in re of ABC liquor purchase) yet JL says she “drinks her dinner”

Was looking on some new posts on Reddit.
Apparently many people didn’t know about Reddit, or that there was a discussion there on the murder. (last week on Carl’s live it was mentioned)
Getting very busy there.
Seems to be a resurgence of channel hosts mentioning Epsteins book. Judy being the first to bring him on her channel.
Another channel host recently talked of the book.
Any thoughts on this and why almost 2 yrs later everyone is chatting about him again?
Also a good video posted on the celebration dinner. Though the channel host (someone new-their first DM video ), and Georgia for that matter, didn’t bring up the fact that someone who didn’t eat a “meal” for a month (more like 2 weeks), would sit at a bar and have two drinks (according to CA).

I do believe CA even said they were more like 2 shots each-( I think he said they were Martini’s)…no one who doesn’t drink as Wendi claimed would have 2 martinis on an empty stomach after not eating a “meal” in a month.
Interesting also is how Wendi denies she even drinks (in re of ABC liquor purchase) yet JL says she “drinks her dinner”
Wendi lies. Under oath (wtte) "It wasn't a celebration." GC asks if was to celebrate the murder. WA summoning actress's righteous indignation, "No, what a horrible thing to say!" Then IMO, she remembers she has only limited immunity and prosecution has her cell phone records, then says, "Well if it was a celebration dinner, it was to celebrate that I was getting out of the house, hadn't eaten for a month (really? insert big fake eyeroll, puhleeez) and I was really terrified."
Don'tcha'y'all get it?....the celebration dinner was to celebrate poor, frightened little mouse WA, willing to walk out the front door? The dinner wasn't to celebrate DM being murdered and WA getting to relocate to Miami...it was about poor little frightened WA willing to walk out her parent's front door, eat her first real meal in a month, and have some drinks at the bar. Gosh she is so darned brave!! I hadn't realized how many times she paints herself as the victim, experiencing tons of trauma and talking in crazy circles to make herself out as a survivor. Oh yeah WA went to dinner....yuck, yuck, yuck.
How many times do I have to pound this into you head????
Joan of Snark (my alter ego got the best of me this morning.)

Wendi lies. Under oath (wtte) "It wasn't a celebration." GC asks if was to celebrate the murder. WA summoning actress's righteous indignation, "No, what a horrible thing to say!" Then IMO, she remembers she has only limited immunity and prosecution has her cell phone records, then says, "Well if it was a celebration dinner, it was to celebrate that I was getting out of the house, hadn't eaten for a month (really? insert big fake eyeroll, puhleeez) and I was really terrified."
Don'tcha'y'all get it?....the celebration dinner was to celebrate poor, frightened little mouse WA, willing to walk out the front door? The dinner wasn't to celebrate DM being murdered and WA getting to relocate to Miami...it was about poor little frightened WA willing to walk out her parent's front door, eat her first real meal in a month, and have some drinks at the bar. Gosh she is so darned brave!! I hadn't realized how many times she paints herself as the victim, experiencing tons of trauma and talking in crazy circles to make herself out as a survivor. Oh yeah WA went to dinner....yuck, yuck, yuck.
How many times do I have to pound this into you head????
Joan of Snark (my alter ego got the best of me this morning.)
Lol.
Yes, imagine you don’t eat for a month (more like 2 weeks according to JL and CA) and the FIRST thing you do is sit at a bar on an empty stomach and have 2 drinks.
I do think CA said she had one drink or both actually at the table.
Darn.what a thing to have to do-rewatch CA again…

I remember hearing somewhere that this restaurant is Juvia, in Miami Beach. Jeff says this is only a couple of weeks after the murder, Wendi says it’s about a month. So, this is certainly even more evidence that Wendi might possibly be lying when she says, or seems to imply, that she went to Coral Springs and lived there with her parents after the murder.

I remember hearing somewhere that this restaurant is Juvia, in Miami Beach. Jeff says this is only a couple of weeks after the murder, Wendi says it’s about a month. So, this is certainly even more evidence that Wendi might possibly be lying when she says, or seems to imply, that she went to Coral Springs and lived there with her parents after the murder.
She could have just been there for the weekend.
But good point.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cLeopatra_
Back