Found Deceased FL - Madeline Soto, 13, Missing Child Alert, 13500 blk Town Loop Blvd, Orlando, 26 Feb 2024 *arrest* #6

SBMFF

Things I posted about in a previous thread taken from her obit.

Drums, guitar, several languages, athletic, ballet, sang (wanted to be a singer), and wanted to build homes when she grew up.
I can’t seem to find the obit. Not in media thread. If on FB, I can’t access.

Would someone be able to post a link?

SBM.

Also from the article, from biodad:

“I hate that I live in a world where I have to call my parents and warn them that an internet troll might send them a picture of my dead daughter, and that they should just go ahead and start preparing for that possibility,” he said. “I hate that we live in that world.”

Ugh, I can’t even imagine. I imagine there will be some serious disciplinary action for that slip-up.

On another note, interesting that they said, “…the investigation into Sterns to determine if it is time to file more charges against him or anyone else who could be involved in the disappearance and death of Soto.

Drums, guitar, several languages, athletic, ballet, sang (wanted to be a singer), and wanted to build homes when she grew up.

Absolutely amazing, that she not only carried on but focused on so many hobbies despite having ongoing trauma and abuse. If only she could have lived away from the abuse, she would have brought many gifts to the world throughout her life.

She was being abused for years, and no one realized it. Makes you wonder how common such a thing is. And then to have the crime scene photo of her on the Internet -- one more betrayal.

SBM.

Also from the article, from biodad:

“I hate that I live in a world where I have to call my parents and warn them that an internet troll might send them a picture of my dead daughter, and that they should just go ahead and start preparing for that possibility,” he said. “I hate that we live in that world.”

Ugh, I can’t even imagine. I imagine there will be some serious disciplinary action for that slip-up.

On another note, interesting that they said, “…the investigation into Sterns to determine if it is time to file more charges against him or anyone else who could be involved in the disappearance and death of Soto.
<modsnip - no link to approved source>

I’m really glad that Orange County and Kissimmee have mostly been handling things because that’s a whole lot of sloppy case protocol in a small amount of time over there. Bottom line is Maddie deserves better than what she got from Osceola county.

Last edited by a moderator:
I found it interesting how TW (dad) was able to easily offer his initial feelings about SS--"seemed like a warm, but not overly interested guy" (paraphrasing) explained how he had some interactions with him, mostly on Instagram, to see if he "gave him an ICK", etc. but when it came to answering if JS was a "good mother", TW really held back.

Even if their relationship was very limited, he knew her more than he knew SS, so saying nothing about JS, nothing at all, really was interesting to me.

@WFLAJB

It's been more than 6 weeks since #MadelineSoto's body was found. No charges have been filed in her death. I reached out to police today for an update:"The Kissimmee Police Department is still diligently investigating, and we don’t have any updates to share at this time..." 1/2

1:02 PM · Apr 17, 2024

"...This is still an open and ongoing investigation; we will provide updates as soon as they become available." - @kissimmeepolice 2/2

1:02 PM · Apr 17, 2024

Key takeaways:
  1. Osceola is in deep from where their Sheriff, Marcos Lopez, shared a picture of what appeared to be Madeline Soto’s body on his Instagram account the morning after her body was found.
    The picture was taken down a short time later and they told 9 Investigates that it was an accidental post on Instagram, but then told the news’ partners at WDBO that it was not the body of Madeline Soto in that picture, just an area of interest where the body was found and called the claims that it was Soto a “political stunt.” Article says “it is clear from the investigation that his claims are not true and, in fact, the body in the picture was dressed in clothing that matched the description of the clothes Soto was said to be wearing when she was reported missing.” So FDLE is now investigating how the picture was posted.
  2. Meanwhile, local and state law enforcement agencies have been meeting to discuss the investigation into Sterns to determine if it is time to file more charges against him or anyone else who could be involved in the disappearance and death of Soto.
Yes to this! And IMO I found it equally offensive that IIRC the other sheriff’s office individual Nirva Rodriguez posted that ‘selfie’ of her and the arresting officers taking SS into custody from a residence.

Has any more been released as to any actions resulting from that and what might have been done as a result? IIRC Ms. Rodriguez was the Executive Director of the OCSD. From a professional perspective, that sort of activity IMO almost seems inexcusable? MOO

I haven't been on this thread in awhile.

Thank you @PayrollNerd for always checking and posting docket info and for providing the link. I saw your post from earlier this morning and was able to go take a look at SS's charges. Looks like it's still SA and CSAM charges.

To those who have remained active in following this case, did anything from the autopsy ever get released? Is it likely that SS will have murder or manslaughter charges added before his trial? What about charges for disposing of a body? Etc. Thanks for any quick case update you can provide (since I have missed out on many pages of posts).

TIA.

I haven't been on this thread in awhile.

Thank you @PayrollNerd for always checking and posting docket info and for providing the link. I saw your post from earlier this morning and was able to go take a look at SS's charges. Looks like it's still SA and CSAM charges.

To those who have remained active in following this case, did anything from the autopsy ever get released? Is it likely that SS will have murder or manslaughter charges added before his trial? What about charges for disposing of a body? Etc. Thanks for any quick case update you can provide (since I have missed out on many pages of posts).

TIA.
I think there were changes made to the laws recently in Florida surrounding availability of details of children's autopsies to members of the public, partly, I believe due to the distribution and sale of Gannon Stauch's autopsy pictures.

We may find things out in court if someone is charged and goes to trial, but I wouldn't expect anything soon.

MOO

I think there were changes made to the laws recently in Florida surrounding availability of details of children's autopsies to members of the public, partly, I believe due to the distribution and sale of Gannon Stauch's autopsy pictures.

We may find things out in court if someone is charged and goes to trial, but I wouldn't expect anything soon.

MOO

Thanks @iamshadow21.

To those who have remained active in following this case, did anything from the autopsy ever get released?

TIA.
No.

The Medical Examiner's Office says they cannot release the cause of the death of 13-year-old Madeline Soto. The District Nine Medical Examiner's Office says her autopsy can't be released because she's a minor whose death was related to an act of domestic violence and is therefore confidential and exempt from release.

MOO
maybe LE are waiting for the CSAM trial to happen before they charge for murder to avoid having his lawyers try to pick apart their theory?

TIA.
Aside from the murder charges, I would think there is enough probable cause to charge him with disposing of a body? They must be waiting for something.

Aside from the murder charges, I would think there is enough probable cause to charge him with disposing of a body? They must be waiting for something.
They have no rush. Unless his lawyers are really good he won’t be walking free for a long time with the slew of charges already. Plenty of time to get a bullet proof case together on the larger charges.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Amilee
Back