Found Deceased FL - Madeline Soto, 13, Missing Child Alert, 13500 blk Town Loop Blvd, Orlando, 26 Feb 2024 *arrest* #6

Status
Not open for further replies.
Snipped for focus

If she simply lied to protect her boyfriend, what would she have been protecting him from, if not her daughter's murder?

I guess I don't really see the difference between lying to protect her boyfriend and actively participating in the coverup. Lying is active.
Not that I believe this, but lying to protect him from suspicion. “They’re going to be looking at me, because they always look at the boyfriend, I need you to cover for me.”

In that scenario she’s lying because she doesn’t believe he’s a murderer.

There are too many issues for me to seriously consider this, but I guess it’s theoretically possible.

Snipped for focus

If she simply lied to protect her boyfriend, what would she have been protecting him from, if not her daughter's murder?

I guess I don't really see the difference between lying to protect her boyfriend and actively participating in the coverup. Lying is active.
You’re exactly right. Even if the police have nothing else on her, that lie is enough to keep them from ruling out her involvement.

Not that I believe this, but lying to protect him from suspicion. “They’re going to be looking at me, because they always look at the boyfriend, I need you to cover for me.”

In that scenario she’s lying because she doesn’t believe he’s a murderer.

There are too many issues for me to seriously consider this, but I guess it’s theoretically possible.

Gotcha. Thanks.

This was a grand jury indictment, with the intent of obtaining murder charges. JS not being charged yet, does not move the needle for me one bit. We know she claimed to have seen her daughter over a half hour before SS dumped her backpack.

My sense is that Madeline was in fact dead hours before that though.

If he’s not talking, it may be hard to prove the more serious charges she may be looking at.

To believe she’s innocent, I’d have to suspend disbelief. All the inconsistencies, all the strange behavior, and the bomb that was her account of when she last saw her daughter.

To me, this comes down to if she is merely a terrible mother, who lied to protect her boyfriend, thereby committing a minor crime.

Or if she was more involved, actively participating in the coverup of her daughter’s murder.

Her daughter was abused for 2 years and a parent can be charged if they do not protect their child.

On the piece of returned mail on osceolaclerk.com website... I decoded the return bar and nothing of interest there (to me). You give each bar a letter: Ascender (A), Full (F), Tracker (T), and Descender (D).

1713996611816.png

That decoding for the above is: TATTTDAATDFFAFAFADDATTADFTFFDTADAADATTDFFTTTFATTAATDATAFATAFADATT

You then put that info into a bar code decoder and it came up with 34741-5487 for the zip code which further narrows it down.

Each ZIP code has more than one ZIP+4 code. That's the point of the extra four digits—to specify a smaller geographical area, which could be a single city block or building or even a single PO box.

Googling for that zip code+4 got me:

2 Courthouse Sq Ste [Multiple Ste #'s]
Kissimmee, FL 34741-5487

One is Kelvin Soto (Likely no relation to Maddie). He is the clerk of the court who mailed that letter out so I doubt he'd send it to himself.

Here are others at that zip+4 address.

I'm going to venture a guess that it may very likely be some person other than those in the Goog search above, who is no longer at that address (2 Courthouse Sq), which is why it was returned.

Anyway, it's interesting to me that you can likely figure out who a piece of returned mail was for in other cases. Like to a person, and not to the Courthouse like this turned out to be mailed to.

Boyfriend of Madeline Soto’s mother charged with 13-year-old’s murder Stephan Sterns is already in jail facing 60 child sexual abuse allegations MSN

April 24. 2024 1 hr. ago

At a press conference on Wednesday afternoon, State Attorney Andrew Bain said that a grand jury had returned the indictment against Stephan Sterns earlier that day, charging him with first-degree murder.

“For the last seven weeks, the Kissimmee Police Department and my office have been working closely to go over every piece of evidence that we could gather in this case,” Mr. Bain said.

“It was voluminous and a lot of evidence to go over in that time.”

Mr. Bain said that his office was considering whether to seek the death penalty against Mr. Sterns, who is already behind bars charged with a string of sexual abuse counts.

The charges come after Mr. Sterns pleaded for the teenager’s safe return in interviews with the media – only for law enforcement to discover footage of him allegedly driving a vehicle with her body inside.

Last edited:
Stephan Sterns was charged with first-degree murder for the killing of Madeline Soto, according to court records filed in Osceola County on Wednesday.

State Attorney Andrew Bain said at a news conference that prosecutors haven’t decided yet whether to seek the death penalty for Sterns. Bain wouldn’t say whether the teenager’s mother was suspected of wrongdoing, though Kissimmee Police Chief Betty Holland said that Jennifer Soto has cooperated with detectives throughout the investigation.

On Wednesday, FOX 35 spoke with Madeline Soto's aunt Stephanie Soto in the hours after Sterns was officially charged with the teen's murder. The family found out about the charges just a few hours before it was publicly announced, and said the hardest part about the entire situation was the waiting and lack of closure as to why this happened.

She shared the following statement with FOX 35:

"The Soto family continues to mourn the devastating loss of Maddie. We trust that the prosecutors and detectives are working diligently to bring justice for Maddie and we continue to ask for privacy during this incredibly difficult time."

Family representative Jenny Esquivel shared the following statement from Madeline Soto's father and stepmother after the charges came down against Sterns:

"Tyler & Tatiana Wallace are heartbroken by the tragic loss of their daughter. Maddie's passing has left them shattered, but their resolve for justice remains unwavering. They will do everything in their power to seek justice for her and ensure that those responsible are held accountable. They appreciate the outpouring of support and kindness during this incredibly difficult time."

FOX 35's Hannah McKenzie, who originally conducted the Zoom interview with Jenn Soto, also tried to reach out to her, but the phone number she had on file was disconnected.

Is this an error about Madeline's mother Jennifer?

BREAKING NEWS
@CourtTV

#StephanSterns has been indicted and charged for the murder of #MadelineSoto, nearly two months after the 13 year old girl’s body was found in Osceola County. Sterns, Madeline Soto’s mother Jennifer Soto has been charged with first degree murder

Right. There is nothing about Jen being charged. And I don't think the reporter did this by mistake!

Asking anyone who is qualified to know:
What if JS has significant cognitive issues and truly believed she did see MS getting dressed around 8:00 that same morning? Could there be cognitive issues as a side effect of medication, for example, or if SS was regularly slipping something into her drinks, something that affects her memories and sense of time? Can't that happen with some prescription sleeping medication? I don't know, but it's one way I could see her claim not even being a "lie."
MOO.
I believe that JS may have seen MS getting dress earlier and for whatever reason (drugged, sleepy, tired, no glasses to see clock, etc.) she may have thought it was her normal 8am get ready time.

Is this an error about Madeline's mother Jennifer?
Right. There is nothing about Jen being charged. And I don't think the reporter did this by mistake!
MOO, it's an error and really shows negligence of reporting. It's like spreading a mistruth or a rumor, IMO.

1713999410555.png

Boyfriend of Madeline Soto’s mother charged with 13-year-old’s murder

MOO, it's an error and really shows negligence of reporting. It's like spreading a mistruth or a rumor, IMO.

View attachment 499342

Boyfriend of Madeline Soto’s mother charged with 13-year-old’s murder
Looks like my favorite, AI, is writing articles again. *sigh* I really dislike AI.

I just listened to the PC again and Will Jay (Homicide Unit chief) said in answer to a question about whether the family is cooperating that because it is still an ongoing investigation, they can't comment on who is or isn't cooperating.

He definitely did NOT say that Jen or anyone else is cooperating.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Happyhen