Found Deceased FL - Madeline Soto, 13, Missing Child Alert, 13500 blk Town Loop Blvd, Orlando, 26 Feb 2024 *arrest* #6

Status
Not open for further replies.
2024 CF 000632
STERNS, STEPHAN MICHAEL

Put the list of charges on the court site into a table.

List of Charges on Case 2024 CF 000632

CountDescriptionLevelDegree
1SEXUAL BATTERY ON CHILD UNDER 12 (794.011 2)FC
2SEXUAL BATTERY ON CHILD UNDER 12 (794.011 2)FC
3SEXUAL BATTERY ON CHILD UNDER 12 (794.011 2)FC
4SEXUAL BATTERY ON CHILD UNDER 12 (794.011 2)FC
5SEXUAL BATTERY ON CHILD UNDER 12 (794.011 2)FC
6SEXUAL BATTERY ON CHILD UNDER 12 (794.011 2)FC
7SEXUAL BATTERY ON CHILD UNDER 12 (794.011 2)FC
8SEXUAL BATTERY ON CHILD UNDER 12 (794.011 2)FC
9SEXUAL BATTERY WITH A CHILD 12-18 (FAMILIAL/CUSTODIAL AUTHORITY) (794.011 8b)FF
10SEXUAL BATTERY WITH A CHILD 12-18 (FAMILIAL/CUSTODIAL AUTHORITY) (794.011 8b)FF
11SEXUAL BATTERY WITH A CHILD 12-18 (FAMILIAL/CUSTODIAL AUTHORITY) (794.011 8b)FF
12SEXUAL BATTERY WITH A CHILD 12-18 (FAMILIAL/CUSTODIAL AUTHORITY) (794.011 8b)FF
13SEXUAL BATTERY WITH A CHILD 12-18 (FAMILIAL/CUSTODIAL AUTHORITY) (794.011 8b)FF
14LEWD OR LASCIVIOUS MOLESTATION (800.04 5b)FL
15LEWD OR LASCIVIOUS MOLESTATION (800.04 5b)FL
16LEWD OR LASCIVIOUS MOLESTATION (800.04 5b)FL
17LEWD OR LASCIVIOUS MOLESTATION (800.04 5b)FL
18LEWD OR LASCIVIOUS MOLESTATION (800.04 5b)FL
19LEWD OR LASCIVIOUS MOLESTATION (800.04 5b)FL
20LEWD OR LASCIVIOUS MOLESTATION (800.04 5b)FL
21UNLAWFUL POSSESSION OF MATERIALS DEPICTING SEXUAL PERFORMANCE BY A CHILD TEN OR MORE IMAGES (827.071 5)FT
22UNLAWFUL POSSESSION OF MATERIALS DEPICTING SEXUAL PERFORMANCE BY A CHILD TEN OR MORE IMAGES (827.071 5 )FS
23UNLAWFUL POSSESSION OF MATERIALS DEPICTING SEXUAL PERFORMANCE BY A CHILD TEN OR MORE IMAGES (827.071 5 )FS
24UNLAWFUL POSSESSION OF MATERIALS DEPICTING SEXUAL PERFORMANCE BY A CHILD TEN OR MORE IMAGES (827.071 5 )FS
25UNLAWFUL POSSESSION OF MATERIALS DEPICTING SEXUAL PERFORMANCE BY A CHILD TEN OR MORE IMAGES (827.071 5 )FS
26UNLAWFUL POSSESSION OF MATERIALS DEPICTING SEXUAL PERFORMANCE BY A CHILD TEN OR MORE IMAGES (827.071 5 )FS
27UNLAWFUL POSSESSION OF MATERIALS DEPICTING SEXUAL PERFORMANCE BY A CHILD TEN OR MORE IMAGES (827.071 5 )FS
28UNLAWFUL POSSESSION OF MATERIALS DEPICTING SEXUAL PERFORMANCE BY A CHILD TEN OR MORE IMAGES (827.071 5 )FS
29UNLAWFUL POSSESSION OF MATERIALS DEPICTING SEXUAL PERFORMANCE BY A CHILD TEN OR MORE IMAGES (827.071 5 )FS
30UNLAWFUL POSSESSION OF MATERIALS DEPICTING SEXUAL PERFORMANCE BY A CHILD TEN OR MORE IMAGES (827.071 5 )FS
31UNLAWFUL POSSESSION OF MATERIALS DEPICTING SEXUAL PERFORMANCE BY A CHILD TEN OR MORE IMAGES (827.071 5 )FS
32UNLAWFUL POSSESSION OF MATERIALS DEPICTING SEXUAL PERFORMANCE BY A CHILD TEN OR MORE IMAGES (827.071 5 )FS
33UNLAWFUL POSSESSION OF MATERIALS DEPICTING SEXUAL PERFORMANCE BY A CHILD TEN OR MORE IMAGES (827.071 5 )FS
34UNLAWFUL POSSESSION OF MATERIALS DEPICTING SEXUAL PERFORMANCE BY A CHILD TEN OR MORE IMAGES (827.071 5 )FS
35UNLAWFUL POSSESSION OF MATERIALS DEPICTING SEXUAL PERFORMANCE BY A CHILD TEN OR MORE IMAGES (827.071 5 )FS
36UNLAWFUL POSSESSION OF MATERIALS DEPICTING SEXUAL PERFORMANCE BY A CHILD TEN OR MORE IMAGES (827.071 5 )FS
37UNLAWFUL POSSESSION OF MATERIALS DEPICTING SEXUAL PERFORMANCE BY A CHILD TEN OR MORE IMAGES (827.071 5 )FS
38UNLAWFUL POSSESSION OF MATERIALS DEPICTING SEXUAL PERFORMANCE BY A CHILD TEN OR MORE IMAGES (827.071 5 )FS
39UNLAWFUL POSSESSION OF MATERIALS DEPICTING SEXUAL PERFORMANCE BY A CHILD TEN OR MORE IMAGES (827.071 5 )FS
40UNLAWFUL POSSESSION OF MATERIALS DEPICTING SEXUAL PERFORMANCE BY A CHILD TEN OR MORE IMAGES (827.071 5 )FS
41UNLAWFUL POSSESSION OF MATERIALS DEPICTING SEXUAL PERFORMANCE BY A CHILD TEN OR MORE IMAGES (827.071 5 )FS
42UNLAWFUL POSSESSION OF MATERIALS DEPICTING SEXUAL PERFORMANCE BY A CHILD TEN OR MORE IMAGES (827.071 5 )FS
43UNLAWFUL POSSESSION OF MATERIALS DEPICTING SEXUAL PERFORMANCE BY A CHILD TEN OR MORE IMAGES (827.071 5 )FS
44UNLAWFUL POSSESSION OF MATERIALS DEPICTING SEXUAL PERFORMANCE BY A CHILD TEN OR MORE IMAGES (827.071 5 )FS
45UNLAWFUL POSSESSION OF MATERIALS DEPICTING SEXUAL PERFORMANCE BY A CHILD TEN OR MORE IMAGES (827.071 5 )FS
46UNLAWFUL POSSESSION OF MATERIALS DEPICTING SEXUAL PERFORMANCE BY A CHILD TEN OR MORE IMAGES (827.071 5 )FS
47UNLAWFUL POSSESSION OF MATERIALS DEPICTING SEXUAL PERFORMANCE BY A CHILD TEN OR MORE IMAGES (827.071 5 )FS
48UNLAWFUL POSSESSION OF MATERIALS DEPICTING SEXUAL PERFORMANCE BY A CHILD TEN OR MORE IMAGES (827.071 5 )FS
49UNLAWFUL POSSESSION OF MATERIALS DEPICTING SEXUAL PERFORMANCE BY A CHILD TEN OR MORE IMAGES (827.071 5 )FS
50UNLAWFUL POSSESSION OF MATERIALS DEPICTING SEXUAL PERFORMANCE BY A CHILD TEN OR MORE IMAGES (827.071 5 )FS
51UNLAWFUL POSSESSION OF MATERIALS DEPICTING SEXUAL PERFORMANCE BY A CHILD TEN OR MORE IMAGES (827.071 5 )FS
52UNLAWFUL POSSESSION OF MATERIALS DEPICTING SEXUAL PERFORMANCE BY A CHILD TEN OR MORE IMAGES (827.071 5 )FS
53UNLAWFUL POSSESSION OF MATERIALS DEPICTING SEXUAL PERFORMANCE BY A CHILD TEN OR MORE IMAGES (827.071 5 )FS
54UNLAWFUL POSSESSION OF MATERIALS DEPICTING SEXUAL PERFORMANCE BY A CHILD TEN OR MORE IMAGES (827.071 5 )FS
55UNLAWFUL POSSESSION OF MATERIALS DEPICTING SEXUAL PERFORMANCE BY A CHILD TEN OR MORE IMAGES (827.071 5 )FS
56UNLAWFUL POSSESSION OF MATERIALS DEPICTING SEXUAL PERFORMANCE BY A CHILD TEN OR MORE IMAGES (827.071 5 )FS
57UNLAWFUL POSSESSION OF MATERIALS DEPICTING SEXUAL PERFORMANCE BY A CHILD TEN OR MORE IMAGES (827.071 5 )FS
58UNLAWFUL POSSESSION OF MATERIALS DEPICTING SEXUAL PERFORMANCE BY A CHILD TEN OR MORE IMAGES (827.071 5 )FS
59UNLAWFUL POSSESSION OF MATERIALS DEPICTING SEXUAL PERFORMANCE BY A CHILD TEN OR MORE IMAGES (827.071 5 )FS
60UNLAWFUL POSSESSION OF MATERIALS DEPICTING SEXUAL PERFORMANCE BY A CHILD TEN OR MORE IMAGES (827.071 5 )FS
Good lord...

bbm

A jury trial has been set for Aug. 19. Sterns’ arraignment is set for 1:30 p.m. Monday.

Updated: APR 25, 2024 / 05:15 AM CDT

the presser continues to be vague as to who is cooperating 'in their ongoing investigation' despite 1st degree murder charges against one person, so far, SS....and not confirming if the 'family' is cooperating, IMO, family=JS, who is the primary witness concerning Madeline's entire life specifically that evening and morning leading up to her murder.

the ramseys (JonBenet) were indicted long ago, (but indictment was not pursued, another story altogether). IMO JS could be indicted based on similar GJ conclusions returned in that case:

1. ....did unlawfully, knowingly recklessly and feloniously permit a child to be unreasonably placed in a situation which posed a threat to the child's life or health, which resulted in the death....and:

2. did unlawfully, knowingly, and feloniously render assistance to a person, with intent to hinder, delay and prevent the discovery, detention, apprehension, prosecution, conviction and punishment of such person for the commission of a crime, knowing the person being assisted has committed and was suspected of the crime of murder in the first degree and child abuse resulting in death.

A bit premature maybe but assuming SS keeps pleading not guilty and this goes to trial, what could the defense possibly be? RIP to his lawyers for real.
I’m definitely not a lawyer but I personally think he’ll plead guilty to try to avoid DP. The only not guilty defense I could see, based on the overwhelming amount of damning video evidence, would be insanity, given his mental health history. Not that that would do him any good. I think the least a jury would recommend would be life without parole. But it’s Florida, so my guess is DP is the likely outcome.

OK--I am listening to a Court Tv update now and see where the 27th comes in...i.e.. SS killed MS between the 25th and 27th....just wow.... :( I really hope that is a technicality of sorts based on the autopsy findings? Poor MS. :(
date changed on count 24 also from June 19, 2019 - Feb 26/24 to June 19, 2019 -Feb 28/24

Last edited:
OK--I am listening to a Court Tv update now and see where the 27th comes in...i.e.. SS killed MS between the 25th and 27th....just wow.... :( I really hope that is a technicality of sorts based on the autopsy findings? Poor MS. :(
the 27th is a difficult piece of information to reconcile now based on LE not stating if Madeline was even in the home that evening or morning.....the only info disclosed by LE initially:

SS dumped her belongings at 7:35am. his license plate was captured near her school at 8:10am. she was spotted in his vehicle when he RETURNED to the complex. they believed her to be deceased.

then the initial LE presser skips to: his vehicle is spotted later on in the day on the side of the road (supposed tire issue). the 27th could be right after midnight on the 26th....does it really mean she was still alive, after all, initially they used the term 'believed'....or just pointing to disposing of her remains, having scoped out the location that afternoon of the 26th and returned after midnite (no lights on that road, IIRC).

any thoughts?

Stephan Sterns, who lived with and dated Madeline’s mother, was previously charged with 60 child sex crimes after investigators said they found evidence Sterns sexually abused Madeline dating back to 2019 when she was 8 years old.
Suspect charged with murder in death of Madeline Soto

The affidavit states Stephan Sterns first sexually abused Madeline in August 2022, when she was only 11 years old.
Madeline Soto sexually abused by mother’s boyfriend for 2 years before her death, records allege

The investigation is open and ongoing, however, and more charges could be forthcoming, State Attorney Andrew Bain, Kissimmee Police Chief Betty Holland and Homicide Unit Chief Will Jay said during a joint press conference on Wednesday afternoon.

Jay was asked what the status of the investigation is related to Jenn Soto, and he said the only person being charged at this time is Sterns. He's facing a charge of first degree murder.

"This is not over. There is an ongoing investigation to uncover more evidence," Jay said, adding that the State Attorney's Office cannot share facts of the case since it's open and ongoing.
Could Madeline Soto's mother Jenn Soto be charged for murder post-Stephan Sterns indictment?

and so the wait continues to find out if JS is a victim or perpetrator.

Everything indicates to me that:

A. There's a whole lot more going on here than it initially looked
B. There is zero concrete reason to believe there won't be another arrest or more

How often do we get pressers for first degree murder charges where they can't answer 98% of questions?
You are so right.

I was starting to think this was
bbm

A jury trial has been set for Aug. 19. Sterns’ arraignment is set for 1:30 p.m. Monday.

Updated: APR 25, 2024 / 05:15 AM CDT
I wonder if he'll hide from this appearance, too. I didn't read much of the trove of his Reddit posts, but from what I did read, he was an arrogant know-it-all. Amazing the amount of cowardice he's displaying now.

Stephan Sterns, who lived with and dated Madeline’s mother, was previously charged with 60 child sex crimes after investigators said they found evidence Sterns sexually abused Madeline dating back to 2019 when she was 8 years old.
Suspect charged with murder in death of Madeline Soto

The affidavit states Stephan Sterns first sexually abused Madeline in August 2022, when she was only 11 years old.
Madeline Soto sexually abused by mother’s boyfriend for 2 years before her death, records allege

The investigation is open and ongoing, however, and more charges could be forthcoming, State Attorney Andrew Bain, Kissimmee Police Chief Betty Holland and Homicide Unit Chief Will Jay said during a joint press conference on Wednesday afternoon.

Jay was asked what the status of the investigation is related to Jenn Soto, and he said the only person being charged at this time is Sterns. He's facing a charge of first degree murder.

"This is not over. There is an ongoing investigation to uncover more evidence," Jay said, adding that the State Attorney's Office cannot share facts of the case since it's open and ongoing.
Could Madeline Soto's mother Jenn Soto be charged for murder post-Stephan Sterns indictment?

and so the wait continues to find out if JS is a victim or perpetrator.
So we really can’t talk about JS, correct?

So we really can’t talk about JS, correct?

Post #4 on this thread:

Allowing Madeline Soto's mother to be discussed as a possible suspect.

Because mainstream media reports, including WFTV 9 of Jennifer Soto giving law enforcement information that "does not add up," we will allow Jennifer to be discussed as a possible suspect.

This DOES NOT mean you are allowed to make up names to be used instead of her real name (momster), and it does not mean that you can be snarky and mean.

You can discuss her conflicting stories when it comes to the disappearance and murder of her daughter, Madeline, and what the implications of those conflicting stories could mean.

Please discuss this like adults without name-calling or personal snark.

My takeaways from felony Wednesday:

Premeditated = malice aforethought = he knew what he was doing, meant to do it and it wasn’t an accident.

I think they have another suspect. Or at least enough evidence to believe there might be an additional suspect/s. If they didn’t, I think they’d say something along the lines of “we believe he acted alone,” or something like that.

I also agree that if they weren’t looking at JS at all they’d put out that fire. And I think it’s perfectly reasonable for us here at WS to suspect her involvement.
Well whoever the investigators have been interrogating for this long, this person has certainly been giving them a run for their money. We know how diabolical SS is, awful to think he had a willing accomplice.
Could there actually be someone else equally diabolical

Post #4 on this thread:

Allowing Madeline Soto's mother to be discussed as a possible suspect.

Because mainstream media reports, including WFTV 9 of Jennifer Soto giving law enforcement information that "does not add up," we will allow Jennifer to be discussed as a possible suspect.

This DOES NOT mean you are allowed to make up names to be used instead of her real name (momster), and it does not mean that you can be snarky and mean.

You can discuss her conflicting stories when it comes to the disappearance and murder of her daughter, Madeline, and what the implications of those conflicting stories could mean.

Please discuss this like adults without name-calling or personal snark.
Thank you.

SBM&BFF

I thought I'd share what first degree murder is for anyone that might be like me and didn't know. :) Sorry for the caps. It's like that on the source.

FIRST-DEGREE MURDER

First-degree murder is the most severe homicide charge under Florida law and is a capital felony.
  1. Premeditated killings;
  2. Felony murders;
  3. Murder committed during a drug dealing crime.

PREMEDITATED MURDER

A prosecutor must show a defendant’s intent to kill to charge a defendant with first-degree murder. The prosecutor must prove there was planning and present evidence of the defendant’s steps taken to prepare for the killing.

FELONY MURDER

FELONY MURDER LEADS TO A FIRST-DEGREE MURDER CHARGE UNDER FLORIDA LAW. FELONY MURDER IS A MURDER THE DEFENDANT COMMITS DURING A FELONY; INCLUDING HOME-INVASION, KIDNAPPING, BURGLARY, AND SEXUAL BATTERY. IF THE PROSECUTOR CAN PROVE THE DEFENDANT HAD THE INTENT TO KILL WHILE INVOLVED IN THE CRIME, A FIRST-DEGREE MURDER CHARGE WILL BE GIVEN.​

Details from the beginning are fuzzy for me- can someone please confirm whether or not it was known if it was usual practice or out of the ordinary for SS to drive Madeline to school? Also, was he claiming to have dropped her off pretty early that day? If so, was a reason for that ever given by him or mom?

Thanks!
WFTV interview below with both Jenn and SS ,

Jenn says "We dropped her off a block from school she wanted to walk the rest of the way" (1:53 timestamp)

SS says" I dropped her off early I could have waited longer" (11:49 timestamp)

in this interview, neither one said anything about why she was dropped off early unless I missed it.

WFTV interview below with both Jenn and SS ,

Jenn says "We dropped her off a block from school she wanted to walk the rest of the way" (1:53 timestamp)

SS says" I dropped her off early I could have waited longer" (11:49 timestamp)

in this interview, neither one said anything about why she was dropped off early unless I missed it.
no, there was no reason given. of course it was confirmed to be a lie, hard to explain why they both chose that drop off time.... he mentions 'went out with the cops where I dropped her off, we looked up and down the road...communities..no cameras were pointing the street....in 2024 surprising' (except for the church parking lot. )

he missed that there were was a license plate reader which captured his license plate in the school area at 8:10am...and it seems he didnt care there were cameras in the complex, and didnt think she would be spotted in his vehicle. and specifically, throwing away Madeline's book bag and computer. Im sure it was in a trash bag, IMO he would not openly toss it. someone else might see it and retrieve them. thankfully the trash wasnt picked up.

There was some speculation (at the time) she may have been dropped off early so she could visit with friends meeting there, and then walk the rest of the way with them. Seemed relatively plausible, but that was still super early, even to meet with friends.

I don't remember if this was based on anything SS, JS, or JS's sister said (she spoke to the media I think).

no, there was no reason given. of course it was confirmed to be a lie, hard to explain why they both chose that drop off time....
Honestly, my first idea was that SS at some point in the morning had to explain Madeline's absence to JS, so he tells her he has already dropped her off early. Then he sticks to it, because he is hoping on JS staying by his side.

If JS knew about the abuse and/or death, it is a kind of stupid lie to tell, given that there was no way he could hope that cameras would not tell a different story. The only thing I can guess is that this earlier time was chosen to leave the impression that Madeline had some secret plans (running away with a non-classmate).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OnceAgain