Found Deceased FL - Madeline Soto, 13, Missing Child Alert, 13500 blk Town Loop Blvd, Orlando, 26 Feb 2024 *arrest* #6

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know!! it is so different listening to it again now, so many discrepancies, although Easier to see now what has always been there. At least we gave them the benefit of the doubt at the time.
This is one of those times you wish you could turn back time and tell the darn reporters to ask the right questions.
Between the two reporters they had good 30-40 minutes with JS and less with SS, but at least they had him.
Where did Maddie spend the night?
Did you speak to her on zoom or in person after her bday party?
Did you see her in the morning?

I could go on for an hour.

This is one of those times you wish you could turn back time and tell the darn reporters to ask the right questions.
Between the two reporters they had good 30-40 minutes with JS and less with SS, but at least they had him.

In future cases I'm volunteering you to go and ask the important questions. :p

Wasn't there a presser or some other comment by LE where it was stated MS died in the home? Or am I mistaken and this was our (general) interpretation of other remarks?
I remember at the presser the media asked a question are there other SA victims besides Madeline: Sheriff M said it occurred in the Soto home only.

Isn't that the truth? hindsight is 20/20

Last edited:

I don't think it's standard for reporters to play hardball with the parents of missing children, which is what SS and JS were at the time of the taped interviews. At that time there was no public reason to think that either person was involved, so pressing them on things would be seen as inappropriate.

We expect law enforcement to be asking the tough questions (which I'm sure they did), and at that point media is just trying to get the word out to the public, not do investigative journalism.

yes and I heard it mentioned on court tv also. as well as speculation. that she was dropped off further away because she may have been embarrassed about the car?
Interesting. Very interesting*. If this is the case, as to her potential embarrassment, wouldn’t the possible dual knowledge of or use of that statement by both SS and JS (if I am understanding this correctly) - tend to show some collaboration or agreement between those two? MOO

*and attribution to the late Pete Sellers, as Inspector Clouseau in the marvelous IMO Blake Edwards’ Pink Panther. Use a well embellished French accent while ‘reading’ if you wish. MOO

Speculation only: I'm wondering if SS saw messages on Madeline's phone that made him think she was going to reveal the abuse to a friend, or she had already started alluding to it, and that was his motive.
Yes, it is hard not to agree with this as one possibility. And if that thought process is followed as a possible scenario, then IMO makes IIRC the early references of the mother to facts such as MS apparently hadn’t taken her phone with her to school that morning; was forgetful about her phone I believe?; they had checked the phone and didn’t denote anything unusual…… or words to they effect, or messages to any crushes she might have had…… etc.

And then when did the statement about her (MS) apparently desiring to go live in the woods at I believe the age of 13 get introduced and shared publicly?

Makes one wonder what sort of statements that the mother may have given to investigators in this case or the death of MS, as well as the SA material from the earlier charges. MOO

I don't think it's standard for reporters to play hardball with the parents of missing children, which is what SS and JS were at the time of the taped interviews. At that time there was no public reason to think that either person was involved, so pressing them on things would be seen as inappropriate.

We expect law enforcement to be asking the tough questions (which I'm sure they did), and at that point media is just trying to get the word out to the public, not do investigative journalism.
Agreed.
With a little bit of finesse, through conversation, all those questions could be teed up beautifully.
And it’s all about intentions. Those reporters had similar questions, just either didn’t ask the right ones or didn’t ask at all.

“Jen, that must have been hard having to miss Maddie’s party because of work and many parents understand that sacrifice. Were you able to make it home in time for a birthday hug?”
Or something like that.

It’s the nfl draft and I’m a few mai tais in, so that’s the best I can do for now ;)

Interesting. Very interesting*. If this is the case, as to her potential embarrassment, wouldn’t the possible dual knowledge of or use of that statement by both SS and JS (if I am understanding this correctly) - tend to show some collaboration or agreement between those two? MOO

*and attribution to the late Pete Sellers, as Inspector Clouseau in the marvelous IMO Blake Edwards’ Pink Panther. Use a well embellished French accent while ‘reading’ if you wish. MOO
absolutely but I have to remember where that came from, I think I posted about it, I'd have to look just to see if it was just one that said it or both.

That would be like shoveling money into a furnace. The sexual abuse charges are based on irrefutable evidence, and that alone is a life sentence.

I remember we heard a few weeks ago that SS had only had one visitor in jail, and it was his dad on a single occasion.

I think his parents know what we know.
My God, can you imagine being them.

Yes, it is hard not to agree with this as one possibility. And if that thought process is followed as a possible scenario, then IMO makes IIRC the early references of the mother to facts such as MS apparently hadn’t taken her phone with her to school that morning; was forgetful about her phone I believe?; they had checked the phone and didn’t denote anything unusual…… or words to they effect, or messages to any crushes she might have had…… etc.

And then when did the statement about her (MS) apparently desiring to go live in the woods at I believe the age of 13 get introduced and shared publicly?

Makes one wonder what sort of statements that the mother may have given to investigators in this case or the death of MS, as well as the SA material from the earlier charges. MOO
Do we know who MS made that statement to?

starts at 14:31

Do we know who MS made that statement to?

At 6:02, Sheriff Mina talks about the "go to live in the woods" comment. No context as to who she sent that message or who she was sharing that with.

"We were able to access Madeline's phone and there is information on the phone that indicated that she told people when she turned 13, which was on Feb 22nd, she actually wanted to go live in the woods. So that was in her phone."

At 9:40, Mina says it was "either text messages or social media messages".

Last edited:
I did see a statement put out by MS Aunt on the maternal side, I believe, yesterday. Will go find the news station carrying it again and add it here. It was the closest I have found to anything asking for justice for MS from JS.

As a parent, that IS one glaring thing for me: JS not speaking out in some capacity on behalf of her daughter.

Edited, statetment from Stephanie Soto:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members