FL FL - Michelle Parker, 33, Orlando, 17 Nov 2011 - # 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Crews search new areas for missing mom

Crews have already searched an area near the Jesse Black Saloon on Oak Ridge Road, and another group also traveled to the Walden Palms condos on Vineland Road, which is where Parker's Hummer was recovered by police

Orlando police said Parker has a violent history with her ex-boyfriend, Dale Smith. He has not been named as a suspect. Smith's father said he was home when she went missing.

http://www.clickorlando.com/news/Cr...g-mom/-/1637132/4797580/-/vh1vhu/-/index.html

So does this mean OPD as verified the violent history?

I've been reading over at http://www.facebook.com/michelleparkermissingperson

there is a gentleman that believes he saw the Hummer on Thursday afternoon in the area of the 417 and Alafaya Trail heading east around 3pm to 4pm. Says he believes it exited the 408 and turned North. Says it was the Signage and the tire cover that caught his eye.

He has contacted Crimeline.

There is also another one (female) who says she saw the Hummer on her way home from the gym. But, she didn't say where she was when she saw it. She was referred to call Crimeline.

She recently posted it was making a left from OBT onto Sand Lake Road around 4:30 to 5:15. Where is this in relation to the first sighting?

She recently posted it was making a left from OBT onto Sand Lake Road around 4:30 to 5:15. Where is this in relation to the first sighting?

Wow we need a new map. OBT is Orange Blossom Trail and Florida Mall is at Sandlake and OBT. All close to Oakridge Rd.

Someone the other day saw it at 436 (Semoran Blvd and Aloma Ave) across town from Oakridge.

Then we have the guy who saw it at the 408 and Alafaya Trail.

If the above is correct OBT and Sandlake, the 528 where are searching today is very accessible.

Also, if she was going shopping there is a Mac Makeup store in the Florida Mall. (her sister said the only reason she could think of for being at the mall would be to go to the Mac Makeup store. There is one at FL Mall and one at Mallina Mall)

She could've went to that mall, and then hopped on the 528, to 417 to 408 and exited Alafaya Trail to get home.

Also from the link above

The search for Michelle Parker is moving east, and searchers have gone from looking for a cell phone to looking for a body.

If you have any information on where Michelle Parker might be, call CrimeLine at (800) 423-TIPS (8477). You may be eligible for a $13,000 reward.

This is so sad. :(

It is sad, Sparky. I'm so sorry for what you must be going through.

I checked out the Wedgefield area on Google Earth and it was rather desolate except for the in-progress construction of some large and beautiful new homes. One might image that those homes probably have had kitchen cabinets recently installed by a local contractor from the Orlando area ... Just a thought.

For those that know Michelle, how hard would it be to pay back the $2500? This is all pure speculation and I still think that the ex-boyfriend is the likeliest suspect, but could she have been feeling the pressure financially and gotten involved in something trying to pay off the ex? I don't mean anything nefarious as she knows, but meeting a person to sell/buy/take a job and that person taking advantage? I mean, Michelle and the ex might have reached an agreement where ex's child support goes against the debt instead of them swapping money back and forth, or she might have had savings and it's a moot point, but with the timing I had to wonder. Show airs, she feels even worse that she hasn't paid D off yet, she gets desperate.

On the carjacking front- coudl there have been a chop shop issue (police have the place under surveillance, there was something noticeable about the vehicle that they couldn't cover up in a reasonable time, whatever) and having the Hummer while it was resolved was more of a liability than it was worth?

Honestly, both are probably long shots, but I thought I would throw them out there in case it jogged somebody's memory.

Has it been confirmed that she still owed the debt? I don't believe that once they went on the show that she still owed it. I think the debt is part of the payment for appearing on the show.

JMO and all that jazz.

in The People’s Court the show pays any judgment, and pays both parties a nominal amount for their time regardless of the outcome. (This compensation structure was the subject of a 1989 lawsuit against the show’s producers by a litigant who alleged that “I was only willing to appear because they guaranteed me $1,500. I never would have appeared on that show and made a fool out of myself for a chintzy $250.”)

http://www.lawlawlandblog.com/2010/08/the_reality_of_courtthemed_rea.html

It is sad, Sparky. I'm so sorry for what you must be going through.

I checked out the Wedgefield area on Google Earth and it was rather desolate except for the in-progress construction of some large and beautiful new homes. One might image that those homes probably have had kitchen cabinets recently installed by a local contractor in the Orlando area ... Just a thought.

Thank you!

Wedgefield area is very dense and there are still new homes being built in the area. I wonder if her phone pinged the area. I have to drive that way today, down the 528 which goes by the South side of Wedgefield.

I am in awe of the family and can't believe all they've done it such a short period of time. Makes you wonder why another family in the area didn't do the same thing. :(

Wow we need a new map. OBT is Orange Blossom Trail and Florida Mall is at Sandlake and OBT. All close to Oakridge Rd.

Someone the other day saw it at 436 (Semoran Blvd and Aloma Ave) across town from Oakridge.

Then we have the guy who saw it at the 408 and Alafaya Trail.

If the above is correct OBT and Sandlake, the 528 where are searching today is very accessible.

Also, if she was going shopping there is a Mac Makeup store in the Florida Mall. (her sister said the only reason she could think of for being at the mall would be to go to the Mac Makeup store. There is one at FL Mall and one at Mallina Mall)

She could've went to that mall, and then hopped on the 528, to 417 to 408 and exited Alafaya Trail to get home.

I'm not great at maps but I took a stab at the Hummer sightings here as well as the search area today. Let me know if there are any other significant places to mark.

http://g.co/maps/7zgd6

Hal Scott Preserve and Park butts up to 528 and Wedgefield. I'm wondering if they are searching Hal Scott.

Has it been confirmed that she still owed the debt? I don't believe that once they went on the show that she still owed it. I think the debt is part of the payment for appearing on the show.

JMO and all that jazz.

Any payments she got on the show would have gone towards the debt, but it's possible that the entire amount wasn't paid off as there are... statuatory state maximums or something? I'll see if I can find the post that gave me that impression. I don't know if she still owed DS or not- like I said, she might have had that in savings, paid him off in the intervening time, or had worked out a payment schedule/understanding with him even if the show didn't cover it.

But I brought it up as a possibilty- she was moving ahead with her life (new boyfriend about to be introduced to the family) and could have very easily wanted to put that part of their relationship behind her. Unentwining their lives as much as possible, though obviously they still shared the twins. Pure speculation, but a fairly common reaction in my experience. It could be a total non-issue, but IF we assume that the ex is ruled out, the timing of the disappearance with the show airing is still a puzzle. It could be a huge coincidence, but opening up alternatives explanations might give somebody's mind a bit of a poke. Working two jobs suggests (to me) that she wasn't rolling in cash, so if somebody who knows her even peripherally is reading and thinks "Oh yeah, Michelle was [selling stuff on Craigslist/trying to raise cash for Christmas/would run errands for some of her clients and might have done it for other people] that could open up a line of investigation to explain why she might have been targeted.... Honestly, I still think statistics will stand if things are as they have been represented in the media, but dwelling on one option to the exclusion of others might result in vital information being overlooked.

Edit- Dang, that's wordy. :blushing: I hope what I mean is clear enough, but if nto I'll try again.

For those that know Michelle, how hard would it be to pay back the $2500?

Or another thing I was thinking was related to something another poster mentioned (or a few, can't recall the names - sorry this has been a confusing one!) about how Michelle and her ex-fiance's relationship seemed rather dramatic. They were on again off again and it was clear by what we have heard that they were prone to the occasional explosion even if it wasn't necessarily physical abuse. This may sound out there, but is it possible Michelle could have left at this unique period to shrug off the financial burden or possibly out of pure spite for the ex (realizing that he would be a suspect right off the bat)? This probably sounds out there, but I'm just entertaining possibilities.

At this point, I'm still hung up on the ex-fiance. He had motive and he saw her before she disappeared. I also understand that people close to those involved are on this forum, and I would like to thank you for coming and sharing your thoughts and information. I would also like to apologize if anything I say offends you, because that is definitely not my goal. I feel compelled to point out that sometimes the people we know aren't entirely honest with us when it comes to personalities and inner thoughts/tendencies.

Sometimes, a person can be very different when they are around coworkers, neighbors and friends than they are with say a spouse or children. Someone may seem cold and actually be a very warm human being. On the other hand, some people can hide their true feelings and may seem pretty normal or kind. If you lived with that person for a length of time you may start to notice other personality traits you had no idea they had.

Not saying this applies here, but just making a point. I had a coworker who came across as very headstrong at work. She shared her opinions and was sometimes considered a little too up front. When I got to know her, I learned that she was the exact opposite in her home life. Her husband was abusive and controlling and she had little say in anything. She generally just stepped back when the arguing started. It was the last thing I expected from her based on my interactions with her as a friend and coworker. Even close friends may not know what goes on behind closed doors day in and day out in a relationship.

The other red flag in my mind is that, as good a father as the ex-fiance may be, he himself discussed breaking a camera so that he might not take it out on Michele. This is an indication right from the individual's mouth that he has issues controlling his temper and has become violent (even though it was on an inanimate object rather than a living thing). His behavior and their relationship makes me think that his involvement is a high possibility. Not to mention, there could have been worse situations that were not mentioned. They seemed to have an unhealthy relationship and that could lead to covering things up. I am also not saying I think Michele wasn't causing any trouble in the relationship, I believe they both were but one finally took it too far.

The timing is too weird to be a pure coincidence. I just can't see someone just happening to carjack or come across Michelle and do something to her randomly in that small time frame and on the one day that the episode of Peoples Court aired. I suppose it is possible, but seems way too coincidental.

And as far as Michelle's brother, maybe he didn't think it was a big deal at the time and that was why he texted her rather casually. My mom sometimes overreacts when it comes to us (her children) and I could see her telling my brother to try calling/texting me and him doing it while thinking she was over reacting. However one of the people interviewed in one of the first videos posted on this thread (sorry again, it's been a long read :) ) mentioned that a one word text wasn't like Michele. I suspect she didn't send the response text.

Just my 2 cents worth. Take it or leave it. :)

Or another thing I was thinking was related to something another poster mentioned (or a few, can't recall the names - sorry this has been a confusing one!) about how Michelle and her ex-fiance's relationship seemed rather dramatic. They were on again off again and it was clear by what we have heard that they were prone to the occasional explosion even if it wasn't necessarily physical abuse. This may sound out there, but is it possible Michelle could have left at this unique period to shrug off the financial burden or possibly out of pure spite for the ex (realizing that he would be a suspect right off the bat)? This probably sounds out there, but I'm just entertaining possibilities.
[
COLOR="Blue"]My husband and I were talking yesterday about the possibility of her just walking away for awhile. I don't think it sounds out there at all. [/COLOR]

At this point, I'm still hung up on the ex-fiance. He had motive and he saw her before she disappeared. I also understand that people close to those involved are on this forum, and I would like to thank you for coming and sharing your thoughts and information. I would also like to apologize if anything I say offends you, because that is definitely not my goal. I feel compelled to point out that sometimes the people we know aren't entirely honest with us when it comes to personalities and inner thoughts/tendencies.

You have not offend me at all. I appreciate any help from anyone. :)

In 2009 posted with Orange Co Public Records there is a case regarding Domestic Violence with Children. There is another also that is not related to this one. Same x different person. There are 2 cases SC - Other $2,501-$5,000 one being with Michelle, which I'm assuming it is about the ring. It's filed 5/18/11

Sometimes, a person can be very different when they are around coworkers, neighbors and friends than they are with say a spouse or children. Someone may seem cold and actually be a very warm human being. On the other hand, some people can hide their true feelings and may seem pretty normal or kind. If you lived with that person for a length of time you may start to notice other personality traits you had no idea they had.

I agree, Unless you are there all the time there is no way to know what is going on behind closed doors. I know I lived it for a yr before I got out. He was as nice as he could be to my family and friends when they were around, but when we were home it was a different story I don't care to relive. I hid my feelings from my family.

Not saying this applies here, but just making a point. I had a coworker who came across as very headstrong at work. She shared her opinions and was sometimes considered a little too up front. When I got to know her, I learned that she was the exact opposite in her home life. Her husband was abusive and controlling and she had little say in anything. She generally just stepped back when the arguing started. It was the last thing I expected from her based on my interactions with her as a friend and coworker. Even close friends may not know what goes on behind closed doors day in and day out in a relationship.

The other red flag in my mind is that, as good a father as the ex-fiance may be, he himself discussed breaking a camera so that he might not take it out on Michele. This is an indication right from the individual's mouth that he has issues controlling his temper and has become violent (even though it was on an inanimate object rather than a living thing). His behavior and their relationship makes me think that his involvement is a high possibility. Not to mention, there could have been worse situations that were not mentioned. They seemed to have an unhealthy relationship and that could lead to covering things up. I am also not saying I think Michele wasn't causing any trouble in the relationship, I believe they both were but one finally took it too far.

The timing is too weird to be a pure coincidence. I just can't see someone just happening to carjack or come across Michelle and do something to her randomly in that small time frame and on the one day that the episode of Peoples Court aired. I suppose it is possible, but seems way too coincidental.

And as far as Michelle's brother, maybe he didn't think it was a big deal at the time and that was why he texted her rather casually. My mom sometimes overreacts when it comes to us (her children) and I could see her telling my brother to try calling/texting me and him doing it while thinking she was over reacting. However one of the people interviewed in one of the first videos posted on this thread (sorry again, it's been a long read :) ) mentioned that a one word text wasn't like Michele. I suspect she didn't send the response text.

See my answers in Blue.

Thank you for a great post!

I have an ex- who sometimes threw me against walls and threatened me several times by holding me by the neck at the top edge of a long staircase and saying he was going to throw me down the stairs. Thank God he never let go. Yet among family and friends and strangers, he was the most charming, kind, sweet person imaginable. I have scars to prove he was not.

I totally agree Grifynne.

The timing is not coincidental. I believe the perp saw the TV appearance and got angry. Very angry, as he has done in the past with Michelle.

Thank you for posting that, Grifynne. You make complete sense. See my responses in red (following Sparky's example).

I'm not great at maps but I took a stab at the Hummer sightings here as well as the search area today. Let me know if there are any other significant places to mark.

http://g.co/maps/7zgd6

Thanks so much! Can you also add the Mall where the MAc Store is at? DO we have any specific times for those possible sightings?

Thank you so much for stopping by and giving us a little insight to Dale and the type of person that you have known for 13 years.

It is so hard when information is released in a case and the entire picture is not available in order to determine what happened to Michele.

The media reported the show was taped in October, however, I always felt that the show had to be taped much earlier then that and now it makes more sense that the show was taped in June.

This forum is a victim friendly forum, however, it was difficult after viewing the People's Court episode and not feel for Michele and what happened to her putting Dale not in the brightest light at that particular time of the show.

It is a bit confusing now to read that Michele dropped the children off at 4:00 PM and then read that her sister claims she was going to pick up the children when her sister last saw her ~2:30 PM. The times are so unstable right now and we so wish we all had a better time-frame for when certain things happened.

Again, thank you for stopping by and should you hear anything, please stop back and post again.

I still wonder if Michelle WAS going to "pick up" the kids when she told her sister that at 2:30. Pick them up from daycare or the babysitter.

And then she went to drop them off with their Dad at 4.

Maybe she took them to eat first, or took them home to get some of their things, or took them to the park... spent an hour or so with them.
I haven't heard anything that would dispute that and it makes perfect sense to me.
I also think it would be helpful to know where she was, for witnesses and retracing her steps. Seeing who might have spotted her.

Michele's case is being discussed on HLN Special Report 5:00 PM EST

Michele's brother spoke to Jane Valez-Mitchell by phone from the command center.

I am recording the show.

DairyGirl

HLN used a portion of your first YouTube videos of People's Court with the dogs barking in the background. I know you removed those videos from YouTube, however, I noticed another YouTube channel downloaded YOUR video and re-uploaded it to their channel.

Kathi Belich reporting Michelle filed a Domestic Violence Injuction in 2009. The Judge denied the request for lack of evidence. Last reported seeing Michelle was the x.

3 mos ago went to the state for child support enforcement

This is not posted yet. www.wftv.com

There is a large search going on in Wedgefield. There are searchers walking up and down the 528 (toll road) searching. I felt so sorry for a couple of girls using post hold diggers trying to put big posts in the ground to hang a big poster board on. They are everywhere.

ETA I was able to download a flyer from TES. It's posted on the truck.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tici