FL - Somer Thompson, 7, Orange Park, 19 Oct 2009 #16

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think the motorcycle gangs use the skull & crossed bones on their jackets - or I should rephrase this post to read: I have seen several motorcycle groups with a skull & crossed bones on the back of their vests/jackets riding in groups on the roads in Jacksonville Florida.

skulls and crossbones are popular on boys skater shoes. if her older brother is a skater then maybe that's why it was picked for her. maybe she wanted to be like him??
just a thought.

Maybe a retention pond?

I just went to street view and the dang play area for the school is right beside it .. I mean right there.. and then a fence to the road and rr tracks on other side of road.

That is dangerous and spooky area for a grade school.

Sharethelight, not sure what you're asking about the map. Not sure what ES is. Been plotting stuff on this one as people posted.

286 was from WLK SO profile.
833 is the nursing home.
1080 is the burned house.

Sharethelight, not sure what you're asking about the map. Not sure what ES is. Been plotting stuff on this one as people posted.

286 was from WLK SO profile.
833 is the nursing home.
1080 is the burned house.

solomon st. goes all the way to kingsley ave.. and ends at kingsley

ETA: I was wrong.. it ends on gano ave side down a ways and then starts back up. after those woods.. wow ..

I started to ask them that when they were going to leave.. but they already said really weren't family by blood.. and since Tricia is trying something new just thought I would leave it alone.. rumors are allowed now if stated as such .. from locals etcc..

Family by marriage would count too IMO. Because I'm not related by blood to my husband or his nieces and nephews but I consider myself family. LOL I'll go read Tricia's post again. Thank you!

I won't check if you say you are a local. This is different than saying you know the family.

snipped from [ame="http://websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=91068"]Tricia's post[/ame].

Family by marriage would count too IMO. Because I'm not related by blood to my husband or his nieces and nephews but I consider myself family. LOL I'll go read Tricia's post again. Thank you!

snipped from Tricia's post.

well, we will get them next time .. if a next time. could of been a troll. that part could of been misleading also.. like the house part. I don't know..

If locals are out scoping the area, I'd like to know what happens at the end of Solomon (from Gano) and whether there is any way someone could walk through that wooded area.

If it's easier for you to come from the other side (Kingsley, I think) to Solomon (which might kill several birds with one stone since there is interest in the nursing home area) that would be great too.

Just thinking that if William Leon Kuhn visited his brother often, he might know shortcuts from/to 286.

Plus he might notice houses that were empty, for sale, foreclosed, etc.

I do wish LE would narrow down for us where the dumpster was. I mean I know they know (have truck, have driver, would know route). Just thinking that commercial dumpsters might have security cameras around and someone would want to avoid being seen.

If locals are out scoping the area, I'd like to know what happens at the end of Solomon (from Gano) and whether there is any way someone could walk through that wooded area.

If it's easier for you to come from the other side (Kingsley, I think) to Solomon (which might kill several birds with one stone since there is interest in the nursing home area) that would be great too.
there is no way she could cut through Solomon...very heavy thick wooded area...I saw no paths...had to plow thru to get out of the woods....

I wasn't thinking of Somer cutting through, I was thinking of possible shortcut that WLK might have taken, but thank you!

Do any of you guys need pictures or something of the neighborhood to help the sleuthing?

What happened?? Hopefully shadowizar received my request for a picture & will come back later...or I could get off my big arse & go take my own picture. We are expecting some rain & wind from the remnants of Ida anytime, so I know I won't be out & about snapping shots today or tomorrow... sorry gang - cheewawa with camera & in a car with rain & wind don't mix well.

What happened?? Hopefully shadowizar received my request for a picture & will come back later...or I could get off my big arse & go take my own picture. We are expecting some rain & wind from the remnants of Ida anytime, so I know I won't be out & about snapping shots today or tomorrow... sorry gang - cheewawa with camera & in a car with rain & wind don't mix well.

Ida has been visiting me all day.. rained all day windy..

Honestly, I don't CARE if Somer wanted to immulate her much older brother.....whatever! At her age, her MOTHER is in charge of her clothing, and accessories.......I'm as laid back as one can get, but I would NEVER have allowed my elementary school aged child to have skull and bones decor. No matter how "cutsie" the graphics were. NOT cute at her age! I question her mother's judgement....not only with this, but in MANY areas......you mark my words......we will hear LOTS of disturbing things in the days to come..........betcha!!!!!!!!!!!

http://jacksonville.com/files/image...images/additional/146/Pink+and+Black+Tote.jpg

Ida has been visiting me all day.. rained all day windy..

Well tell her she won't hurt my feelings one "Ioda
" if Ida wants to stay with you. I'll understand... just tell her I said hello.

I hope this isn't becoming a "cold case". It does seem as though it is.

Wonder what evidence LE has other than Somer's body? With nothing happening, I feel like that is all they have.

I hope this isn't becoming a "cold case". It does seem as though it is.

Wonder what evidence LE has other than Somer's body? With nothing happening, I feel like that is all they have.
I too am hoping this doesn't turn into another Neveah B. case... at this point I have to put on my optimist shoes and say I think they have more than we know and are working this like a hot case... I have faith, at the moment, that they won't let it chill off.

Ripley, I'm hoping that style goes out long before my daughter is ready for school. And hoping it's not replaced by something worse.

My son and daughter are ~7 years apart and I often have to tell my daughter that something I let her brother wear or do is not appropriate for a child her age.

But truly, I pick my battles. I'm guessing Diena did the same.

mommad:
I am not sure how to respond just to you. I am not blood related to ST, but we grew up together as second cousins. this is a small world. I have a house not far from ST in nc. But I live here in jax. My son and grandaughters are not far from DT's house. All coincidental. ST was at my house in nc the day Somer went missing. I was with him when he identified the birthmark on her leg. I attended the funeral here with him and I will return to nc for Somers service saturday. I am not taking any sides in this other than the side of lil ST and AT. I am just tired of everyone acting like DT did everything right. IT is the parents responsibility to get their children home from school safely. IF they had been supervised, this would not have happened. ALL Sex offenders, predators, should have a gps chip inserted in their body and a gps system dedicated to them only, if life in prison or death are not options. Then we would know where they are at all times. We do it for dogs.....

I am so sorry to disagree with you given this horrible situation, but in no way can we hold parents responsible for a school system who chose to cut off the bus routes for kids who lived as close to the school as Somer did. It is the responsibility of the school system to provide transportation to and from school to these children. Taxpayers pay taxes for this very reason, and no child should be left out of it.
I feel terribly sorry for the entire family, but laying blame on a mother who has to work for a living is absurd! If Somer was not allowed to attend school because she had no "safe" way of getting there, the school system would hold that mother responsible for not "making" her child attend school. It cannot be both ways here. The school system has enough funds to get crossing guards, but not enough to drop kids off closer to the school knowing they have to pass by anyways?
I personally think the father, the mother, the community and the entire county should sue the crap out of the school system, but then that is just MY OPINION!

As I read all of these posts I can only cry in gratitude for all of you. All of these events have hit so close to home for me in so many aspects. Jax is my home. The love and overwhelming support shown by jax was so moving to me. I know the people here and I know that their support was offered for Somer and her whole family. Thank you all. It saddens me even deeper that this family could not come to gether in support of the other children. Somers paternal grandparents are not in good health and could not make the journey here, so I am hoping they will get the support and be allowed to grieve together at the service saturday. I will take all of your support with me when I go. I see that it says WLK had a court date today... does anyone know the outcome?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
momoxbunny