FL - Somer Thompson, 7, Orange Park, 19 Oct 2009 #21

Status
Not open for further replies.
i think the answers to this case are found in the hours immediately following her last sighting. What everyone (friends, family, neighbors) did and said in those first five hours are very telling. It is everyone's initial gut response to the situation, and guts don't lie.

I also agree with whoever noticed that the mpr is uncharacteristically tight. Meaning there are no differences in anyway, it's like everyone viewed this incident from the same glasses.
On any given day my husband and I can interact, or witness something and his take is totally different than mine. If we were to give statements they would be very different. Maybe not contradictory, but it would give another picture entirely. My husband is very detail oriented and I am big picture connections oriented. Our statements would reflect those orientations.
Does this make sense? I just find it hard to believe that everyone expressed everything, observations, recollections etc. in the exact same manner.

I live outside of a city of 85,000. When there have been some crimes that I am interested in, it takes talking to about 2 people before I get some info on something about the crime and criminals. I am so amazed that there is no info about this out there at all in the community.

Somebody knows something, I am sure of it. Unless it is a drifter, there are all kinds of little and big things that people know. So where is all of the chatter?

BBM

this is what makes me the most crazy, I think.

Shadowizer... imo anyone who is trained in the martial arts, or uses their constitutional right to bear arms (also trained and able to handle their weapon) to protect themselves and their families (no its not just for hunting) should get a tax break... I personally dont need LE protection.. I only count on them to do the paperwork...
Sadnpod, I read your post to my hubby, who was very impressed. (Hard to do.) He said to tell you, "Whenever someone asks me why I carry a gun, I say, 'Because a cop's too heavy.'" *
Same would go for martial arts training.
*And yes, he's licensed for conceal carry.

Good Morning Peeps,

I came here this morning with the expectation of hearing good news about Somer.

Late last night on HLN they said there was good news in Somers case. That LE knew who had killed her, had that person under surveillance and were simply waiting for tests to come back.

Sorry if this has already been discussed here.

ETA: Maybe I should clarify that to say LE has a suspect. ;}

Good Morning Peeps,

Late last night on HLN they said there was good news in Somers case. That LE knew who had killed her, had that person under surveillance and were simply waiting for tests to come back.

did they give a source for that info?
DT's atty yesterday gave a very vague statement that LE may have a poi under surveillance along with other people or something to that extent.

ETA: Here is a post from Dee10 which gives the source of the statement.
snipped
Diena's lawyer, Michael Freed, hinted at progress in the police probe, telling Rodriguez he's "optimistic," based on "the information (authorities have) provided (to him) that they have the person who did this under observation, maybe among other people. They're waiting for certain scientific evidence to come back from certain unique labs around the country. They're putting great resources in to this, and this is really the perfect time for anyone that knows who did this or for the person that did this to help heal the wound that he's caused, not only of this family and the community, but, in fact, the nation. So I think that's just a matter of time before this is resolved and justice is done." http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2009/...UpperPromoArea

I *think* Cajun Girl just had her baby.

Thanks for that Hoppy, I wish there was a place to go to check thru the day about Cajun. Many of us will be at work and thinking about her and her little one. xox

Good Morning Peeps,

link? i cant find it.. oh the attny.. nevermind

and then there is this:
posted by tarabull:

Clay County Sherrif - Somer Thompson Case Update - Nov 18
http://www.claysheriff.com/05_01_00news.asp?newsID=471

PUBLIC INFORMATION ANNOUNCEMENT
Somer Thompson Case Update

<snip>

Our agency is not planning any on-camera interviews or press briefings this week. As soon as there is a development in the case that we can release, you will be notified via media release.

did they give a source for that info?
DT's atty yesterday gave a very vague statement that LE may have a poi under surveillance along with other people or something to that extent.

ETA: Here is a post from Dee10 which gives the source of the statement.
snipped
Diena's lawyer, Michael Freed, hinted at progress in the police probe, telling Rodriguez he's "optimistic," based on "the information (authorities have) provided (to him) that they have the person who did this under observation, maybe among other people. They're waiting for certain scientific evidence to come back from certain unique labs around the country. They're putting great resources in to this, and this is really the perfect time for anyone that knows who did this or for the person that did this to help heal the wound that he's caused, not only of this family and the community, but, in fact, the nation. So I think that's just a matter of time before this is resolved and justice is done." http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2009/...UpperPromoArea

Thanks SharetheLight, It must be how HLN got the info. And yes, there was this man there who went on to talk further {as I was starting to fall asleep}, so he might have been the attorney.

I wonder why they would have to use 'certain unique labs' around the country? What would they be testing, soot?

Thanks for that Hoppy, I wish there was a place to go to check thru the day about Cajun. Many of us will be at work and thinking about her and her little one. xox

Just doublechecked. She did indeed have her baby.

Thanks SharetheLight, It must be how HLN got the info. And yes, there was this man there who went on to talk further {as I was starting to fall asleep}, so he might have been the attorney.

I wonder why they would have to use 'certain unique labs' around the country? What would they be testing, soot?

soot is thought to be a rumor. ST got this info from someone else claiming they got the info from LE. Not a reliable source according to sadnpod(our excellent on the ground sleuther)

O/T: I sure could use those colored tabs right now, I have seven tabs going, ugh!!

Thanks Hoppy, That is wonderful news and I so hope they are both doing well. We have looked forward to this day for a long time, Ya Ya :blowkiss:

Aww, little Jaxon is here! Welcome to our world, little one. I know you're mommy's smiling! We are, too. Have a good life, Jaxon. You are loved.

I have always thought it had something to do with the crew members or someone they knew renovating the house.But she could have left there also and someone else picked her up.

Thanks Scandi, I knew there was something I wanted to dig up, but couldn't remember lol.

HLN Issues (from last night)

(BEGIN VIDEO CLIP)

DIENA THOMPSON, SOMER`S MOTHER: I fear for not only my safety, my children`s safety, but everyone else`s in my community`s children`s safety. There`s a monster among us and he needs to be brought to justice.

(END VIDEO CLIP)

VELEZ-MITCHELL: There have been no arrests in this case but there is hope. Listen to what Thompson`s lawyer told CBS.

(BEGIN VIDEO CLIP)

MICHAEL FREED, ATTORNEY FOR THOMPSON FAMILY: Based on the information they`ve provided that they have the person that did this under observation, maybe amongst other people. They are waiting for certain scientific evidence to come back.

(END VIDEO CLIP)

VELEZ-MITCHELL: That is fantastic news. Let`s hope it`s just a matter of time until justice is served in this case.

We will stay on top of this story right here on ISSUES. That is tonight`s "Top of the Block". http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/0911/19/ijvm.01.html

BTW - I LOVE those colored tabs, makes things so much easier 10 open lol. Many thanks for that tip!!!!!:star1::star1::star1::star1::star1:

Thanks Scandi, I knew there was something I wanted to dig up, but couldn't remember lol.

HLN Issues (from last night)

(BEGIN VIDEO CLIP)

DIENA THOMPSON, SOMER`S MOTHER: I fear for not only my safety, my children`s safety, but everyone else`s in my community`s children`s safety. There`s a monster among us and he needs to be brought to justice.

(END VIDEO CLIP)

VELEZ-MITCHELL: There have been no arrests in this case but there is hope. Listen to what Thompson`s lawyer told CBS.

(BEGIN VIDEO CLIP)

MICHAEL FREED, ATTORNEY FOR THOMPSON FAMILY: Based on the information they`ve provided that they have the person that did this under observation, maybe amongst other people. They are waiting for certain scientific evidence to come back.

(END VIDEO CLIP)

VELEZ-MITCHELL: That is fantastic news. Let`s hope it`s just a matter of time until justice is served in this case.

We will stay on top of this story right here on ISSUES. That is tonight`s "Top of the Block". http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/0911/19/ijvm.01.html

BTW - I LOVE those colored tabs, makes things so much easier 10 open lol. Many thanks for that tip!!!!!:star1::star1::star1::star1::star1:

Thanks for that Dee, I take that as very optimistic news indeed! I hope the monster is squirming as we speak. xox

I am hoping he is "under survellience" at the clay county jail

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member