FL - Somer Thompson, 7, Orange Park, 19 Oct 2009 #27

Status
Not open for further replies.
Seems that the Gano search could have been a ruse, too. Evidently all media were standing across the street, cameras aimed at the biggest news yet.
Let me just play with this for a minute-indulge me, if you will.
1) Perhaps the earth-moving machine was there at night because it was not being used somewhere else? Did it go back home when it was time for it to go to work again? No time lost, no rental money used.
2) People in LE work nights-so maybe these were the night people, w/no overtime involved?
3) Perhaps while all attention was focused here, something else was going on somewhere else?
OK- enough muddying of the waters for now. Sometimes I think my role in life is to play devil's advocate.
If what I have put out here is preposterous, please feel free to click the BS button at the bottom. :innocent:

Oh y'all.... ;) Come on now. I just, honest to God, don't think LE did that. I was a public servant once. Not with LE, I was with the state, but I worked with LE on cases. I'm telling you, I never saw the organization to come up with and impliment something like that on the fly - especially at the beginning of a case - those are usually pretty chaotic times. I mean, you sometimes see sting operations that take planning, but those are longer term and planned projects.

On top of which, LE may lie to people during interrogations, and they may hold back an element of the crime that only the perpetrator would know, but they definitely do not want to purposely do things that might give the general public, the law abiding citizens, the idea that they should have less confidence in what law enforcement tells them. And I think they would be afraid that misleading the public on that type of scale would do just that. That people would begin to distrust if they were getting correct information. Enough mistakes in communication happen WITHOUT LE trying to make those mistakes that in general, they don't want to propagate misinformation.

Also, it takes a lot of resources to bring people out to work scenes and it would also take a lot of resources just to fake something like that. I really think that after they found the remains, there was something there that made them think the crime happened at the burned out house, and that's why they processed it.

And pictures......

I'm not very good at looking stuff up, but how would one find out an address or parent's names of a minor? Is that a dumb question?

I can only do MS because my kids have it.

A lot of times, kids parents are on their MS as friends. I'm on my son's MS.

If Somer was covered in broken glass and construction material then she would have either had to of been placed in a dumpster that held that type of material or whoever placed her there would of had to put construction material and glass in with her. I keep thinking that maybe she was put into some type of frame before being placed into the dumpster.

Maybe the broken glass & construction material came from a BAR that just opened? The glass could be from beer bottles & construction material from parts of the the bar that hadn't been finished when they opened, like back room-storage area places? Just wondering..........

I have one more question....for those of you who live near or in OP. Back to AF MS, on a few of his "friends" sites there is reference to ICP. If you don't know what this is you can google it. Anyway, as I said in one of the pics on AF's site his brother is wearing an ICP shirt. Not saying that AF or anyone related is involved. But I am beginning to wonder if there is an element in the neighborhood (ICP) that could be...maybe kids who hang out a skate park. There is a reference and a definition on another site.....where Noway has info.

I'm only wondering this because where I used to live had a big newspaper story on this particular group. SCARY.

What do the locals think? Is the ICP prevalent in OP?

okay so I have been thinking about DT, the bar/club, the stalkerish kinda guy from the funeral or whatever, the creepy poem link by that j ross guy, and poor somer.....heres what just occurred to me.

okay there are some really sick people out there....and if DT has been on the club scene in Jax, like she used to be in Columbia.....perhaps she met a guy who she hung out with or knew as an acquaintance....maybe he thought he had a chance with her, but got rejected....thought she was a "tease" and sought revenge somehow......and took it out on somer :(

guys are creeps, idk.....thoughts?

Just thought of another scenerio. I used to work at an office complex and everything was thrown into that dumpster, from light bulbs which were changed all the time because it was a huge building, to construction material-because they were always rebuilding areas from moving people in and out so frequently.

okay so I have been thinking about DT, the bar/club, the stalkerish kinda guy from the funeral or whatever, the creepy poem link by that j ross guy, and poor somer.....heres what just occurred to me.

okay there are some really sick people out there....and if DT has been on the club scene in Jax, like she used to be in Columbia.....perhaps she met a guy who she hung out with or knew as an acquaintance....maybe he thought he had a chance with her, but got rejected....thought she was a "tease" and sought revenge somehow......and took it out on somer :(

Guys who wear tight jeans that show ALL their stuff are creeps. Murderers? I don't know, but creeps for sure!

Guys who wear tight jeans that show ALL their stuff are creeps. Murderers? I don't know, but creeps for sure!

well her clubbing times back then could have put her in some compromising situations...her behavior was wild...well you've all seen the pics, it was just as bad if not worse at the clubs....that is what made me think of that scenario.

I just haven't really ever seen this happen. Usually the guy just goes for the woman (except in some custody cases where other dynamics are involved). BUT I do think that perhaps DT thinks its someone who doesn't like her because she really seems to think, in many of the pressers, that Somer's murder was a swipe at her, instead of an opportunistic crime.

But I think this was an opportunistic crime by someone who is always trolling, and then unfortunately saw an opportunity when Somer passed by. Obviously there WAS an opportunity for someone to grab her when nobody was looking or someone would have seen what happened. I think these guys roll around with fantasies in their heads all day, and they strike when they feel they have a chance of getting away with it. These are predators.

I also am with the group who thinks there are four places of significance here, where she was last seen, where she was snatched, where the crime was committed, and where her remains were dumped. Add to that five, where her remains were FOUND, because in this case its different than the dump site - so FIVE places of significance. And we unfortunately do not know where all of them are.

I just haven't really ever seen this happen. Usually the guy just goes for the woman (except in some custody cases where other dynamics are involved). BUT I do think that perhaps DT thinks its someone who doesn't like her because she really seems to think, in many of the pressers, that Somer's murder was a swipe at her, instead of an opportunistic crime.

But I think this was an opportunistic crime by someone who is always trolling, and then unfortunately saw an opportunity when Somer passed by. Obviously there WAS an opportunity for someone to grab her when nobody was looking or someone would have seen what happened. I think these guys roll around with fantasies in their heads all day, and they strike when they feel they have a chance of getting away with it. These are predators.

I also am with the group who thinks there are four places of significance here, where she was last seen, where she was snatched, where the crime was committed, and where her remains were dumped. Add to that five, where her remains were FOUND, because in this case its different than the dump site - so FIVE places of significance. And we unfortunately do not know where all of them are.

I hear ya, I fully expected this to be an easy case with a rapid arrest, and I am stunned that it hasn't moved since the day somer was found.

I heard someone say once that the best revenge is well thought out and takes time....geez that still gives me the creeps. So this could possibly also go back a while if she thinks someone was out to hurt her.

I can't rule out any thoughts...its just too bizarre of a situation.

I hear ya, I fully expected this to be an easy case with a rapid arrest, and I am stunned that it hasn't moved since the day somer was found.

I heard someone say once that the best revenge is well thought out and takes time....geez that still gives me the creeps. So this could possibly also go back a while if she thinks someone was out to hurt her.

I can't rule out any thoughts...its just too bizarre of a situation.

I really thought it would be a rapid arrest too. I keep hoping that its just a matter of doing all of the dna testing.

I don't think this is a case of revenge - and I say that only because usually when the kids are killed out of revenge against the mother, the father is the one killing the kids. But hey! I've been wrong. I never thought that the Sandra Cantu perp would turn out to be a woman, much less a woman acting on her own.

I really thought it would be a rapid arrest too. I keep hoping that its just a matter of doing all of the dna testing.

I don't think this is a case of revenge - and I say that only because usually when the kids are killed out of revenge against the mother, the father is the one killing the kids. But hey! I've been wrong. I never thought that the Sandra Cantu perp would turn out to be a woman, much less a woman acting on her own.
I agree.If it was revenge against her.Maybe a family member,sibling,friend of the little girl or girls Somer got in a fight with.But I personally feel they might be looking into crew members or people that knew the crew members.I think I heard the police does not think it was anyone she knew.Didn't they go back to the Gano house for more evidence?Maybe they are waiting on more evidence to come back to arrest someone.I really hope so.

Still on my search for evidence that the search was canceled on Tuesday or that Tim Miller (upon arrival on 10/21) said he wasn't needed.

This sounds like Equusearch members did search for Somer.
http://texasequusearch.org/wp-content/uploads/2009/10/Somer-Thompson-Thank-You.pdf

According to their website, they were to arrive on 10/21 which it appears they did (based on thank you).

Here is video with Tim Miller. At 0:26, Tim Miller says "I was there when she (Somer) was found."

If he didn't arrive until Wednesday, then I don't think she could have been found on Tuesday. So now I need proof he didn't arrive until Wednesday.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=31tA3qZ6TCQ[/ame]

This article says Equusearch is searching.

http://www.myfoxny.com/dpp/news/dpgo_equusearch_missing_girl_somer_thompson_fc_20091021_4152152

Texas EquuSearch joins search for missing north Florida girl

Updated: Wednesday, 21 Oct 2009, 2:25 PM EDT
Published : Wednesday, 21 Oct 2009, 1:03 PM EDT

ORANGE PARK, Fla. (AP) -- - Texas EquuSearch , the same group that searched for Caylee Anthony and Haleigh Cummings , is in north Florida searching for 7-year-old Somer Thompson who vanished on her way home from school. Monday.

Clay County Sheriff Rick Beseler said investigators are baffled. "Somer disappeared off the face of the earth. We just don't have a clue right now where she is."

So if they were searching on Wednesday, I don't guess her body was found on Tuesday.

JMO

What do you think?

Or they're proud of their package and want to show it off - cause that's all they've got going and they're proud of that thang!

The article I quoted was from 10/24 so by now they very well may have the smaller truck and the dumpster location.

Chee, I apologize, but I can't remember what you were looking for in that article ...

No need to apologize Noway; I just found the article interesting: especially the part about they started searching Somer's neighborhood quickly, including the trash coming out of the Grove Park neighborhood, where she was last seen walking home from school. That might explain the comment from the woman being interviewed about the trash - KWIM? THEN, Detective Owens says "we need to get on those dumpsters"... So, there was residential trash from the neighborhood that they apparently the fact they were searching it "coming out of the Grove Park neighborhood". Am I the only one that somehow smells a clue in these sentences???

ETA: also interesting the portion of the article that said "they were prepared. Several months earlier, they had trained for just such a scenario: a child who went missing after school".

..........come out come out wherever you are..........puhleeze......... I'm skeered here all by myself:eek::eek::eek:

OK - I'll go out in the garage and puff one... a whole page of my fat bohunkus is just not what I want to look at for an entire page.

Or they're proud of their package and want to show it off - cause that's all they've got going and they're proud of that thang!

When I see creepy guys doing that, it just reinforces my belief that there are a lot of men out there who are TRULY delusional about what women want. They just have no clue. Do they seriously think that this is what we're looking for? Some obscene moron thrusting himself at us visually? Uggh!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
momoxbunny