FL - Somer Thompson, 7, Orange Park, 19 Oct 2009 #27

Status
Not open for further replies.
Kids have early release here today and then we've got some shoe shopping to do, so if a new thread is started, could someone Quote the Facts post over to the new thread, please.

If you don't want to be responsible for updating it, I'll quote it again when I get back online.

I'll post a link to the most recent one here
[ame="http://websleuths.com/forums/showpost.php?p=4529744&postcount=316"]Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - Found Deceased FL - Somer Renee Thompson, 7, Orange Park, Thread # 27[/ame]

Thank you for posting that pghbrandi! I totally agree and to be very honest with you, I'm surprised Sadnpod still still posting here. The personal attacks on her are uncalled for.

It's a little hard to ignore you when you make comments like this one http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?p=4511895#post4511895 Post #508

You knew that was Sadnpod pushing ST's wheelchair. Perhaps you should take your own advice and put Sadnpod on your ignore list, so the rest of us can focus on the important stuff....like finding out who killed Somer.

How can you accuse me of knowing that was Sadnpod pushing that wheel chair . I found another pic of someone pushing his wheel chair and looks nothing like that person. I have no idea who or when Sam t. gets pushed in his chair by or who is in the pictures.

It was ok for certain posters to put up pics of dt and comment for weeks about her dress. I didn't say a word . but I comment on one thing and its a sin.. come on now what is up with this picture?

ETA: I didn't put the picture on the board. That was you wasn't chickadee? I would never of put a picture of that or dt or anyone on the board. maybe a link but never a picture..

Casey A charged with 1 st degree murder Oct 14/08, almost 3 mths to the day that Caylee was reported missing.

So...the fact LE found Somer's body so quickly, I would hope this would enable them to find her killer sooner. just wishful thinking.

Bkrct, in your post 591, you mentioned these posts but did not know where they were ...

My post about AF

[ame="http://websleuths.com/forums/showpost.php?p=4516687&postcount=99"]Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - Found Deceased FL - Somer Renee Thompson, 7, Orange Park, Thread # 26[/ame]

Chili Fries' Response

[ame="http://websleuths.com/forums/showpost.php?p=4516716&postcount=102"]Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - Found Deceased FL - Somer Renee Thompson, 7, Orange Park, Thread # 26[/ame]

looks like theres nothing new on this story yet, I just thought I'd check in....don't want to be a "hit and run" poster :)

I'm snowed in for a few days, so if I'm not visible, then I'm lurking and trying to catch up on this thread....or....I'm going about my day...watching more snow fall. :(

(cabin fever is an awful thing)

True but they have a body here and not there until recently.

They have a body with DNA from everyone in the family and all the school kids and a garbage.. thats alot of DNA to process and it will take time

AF's myspace is open for people to look at.

:eek:fftopic: :help:
Here's an :idea:! Can we :toastred: to a :truce: here, and give :balloons: a :gift: ?
:praying: for peace. We're all :smiliescale:
:deal:?
:saythat:

Thank you Noway.......

And for Chili's comment.

Yes he did seem incredibly normal to me as well. BUT......history is full of people that appeared to be normal and incredibly nice, and were murderers in their spare time.

In particular, I was also interested in the brothers. Maybe I'm just grasping at straws.

It's my belief that the park (or the area around the park) is involved and also it is a juvenile offender that may have had help disposing of body.

Maybe I'm wrong....just my opinion.

Hmmmm... I'm having some very conflicted thoughts right now, and not even sure if I want to post this or not, because I suspect it won't be a necessarily popular opinion. But here goes...

Since this is an ongoing investigation, and since LE hasn't arrested & charged anyone yet, and since it's a given that LE has strongly cautioned family members to refrain from discussing this case so as not to harm the investigation (which is probably one reason why DT hired an attorney to advise on what is safe or not safe to reveal) in my opinion, regardless of sincere desire to help find the killer, it might be in the best interests of justice for the victim that all family members follow LE's wise advice & refrain from discussing any aspect of this case - especially on a widely-read online forum.

I mean no disrespect to anyone, so I hope this won't be taken the wrong way.

One of the reason's LE & attorneys advise on what to say & what not to say, and also instruct family members to not say anything at all, is because you never know when something said might inadvertently do more harm than good.

As I said, I mean no disrespect to anyone.

Hmmmm... I'm having some very conflicted thoughts right now, and not even sure if I want to post this or not, because I suspect it won't be a necessarily popular opinion. But here goes...

Since this is an ongoing investigation, and since LE hasn't arrested & charged anyone yet, and since it's a given that LE has strongly cautioned family members to refrain from discussing this case so as not to harm the investigation (which is probably one reason why DT hired an attorney to advise on what is safe or not safe to reveal) in my opinion, regardless of sincere desire to help find the killer, it might be in the best interests of justice for the victim that all family members follow LE's wise advice & refrain from discussing any aspect of this case - especially on a widely-read online forum.

I mean no disrespect to anyone, so I hope this won't be taken the wrong way.

One of the reason's LE & attorneys advise on what to say & what not to say, and also instruct family members to not say anything at all, is because you never know when something said might inadvertently do more harm than good.

As I said, I mean no disrespect to anyone.

It is so ironic because LE doesn't want their case to be messed up and lawyers don't want to see their clients implicated, so it still boils down to the same thing, just for opposite reasons lol.

It is so ironic because LE doesn't want their case to be messed up and lawyers don't want to see their clients implicated, so it still boils down to the same thing, just for opposite reasons lol.

Yes - and even when they're not a suspect or POI, but a family member of the victim or other witness, the D.A. instructs the family & witnesses to be cautious about discussing the case, and will advise on what is okay to talk about. Most of the time, the instructions are "Don't discuss this case with anyone" until after a conviction is handed down.

Yes - and even when they're not a suspect or POI, but a family member of the victim or other witness, the D.A. instructs the family & witnesses to be cautious about discussing the case, and will advise on what is okay to talk about. Most of the time, the instructions are "Don't discuss this case with anyone" until after a conviction is handed down.

Can't forget about going to the grand jury too. The questions asked are drilling. I am sure most do not want to harm this case but want Justice for Somer.

They have a body with DNA from everyone in the family and all the school kids and a garbage.. thats alot of DNA to process and it will take time

Plus all of the potential suspects. It would be nice to know what, if any, backlog there is in processing the dna of RSO's in general and getting the profile attached to them. I'd bet anything there is a backlog.

This case is prob a nightmare in terms of dna. Let's say that they come up with someone in the neighborhood whose dna matches up. They are going to claim that someone put her in the garbage near their garbage and that's how their dna got on her. I can see it coming. LE will have to have other strong circumstantial evidence as well to make a solid case here.

A lot of these garbage dump cases we've seen before have been cases where the husband was the perp and there was other evidence implicating him and they were actually looking for that specific woman's body when they found the remains. Finding the body was kind of coup in the case. Or, the bodies have been found but have not been associated with an identity, and the case has kind of stalled from there - like these murders, did they ever find the killer? [ame="http://officialcoldcaseinvestigations.com/showthread.php?p=49508"]The Redhead Murders - Cold Case Investigations[/ame]

It's better when they are able to find the body in the actual dumpster - those cases seem to have decent solve rates. I think there was a case of a body (of an adult woman) being found in FL in recent months and that suspect has already been arrested (edit - there was, I found the link after I wrote this part: http://www.wkrg.com/florida/article/womans_body_found_in_dumpster/24824/Mar-26-2009_2-12-pm/

I'm really hopeful that since they searched each truck's trash after it was dumped that they will be better able to judge the identities of those people who dumped the trash most in proximity to the body. In a weird way, it may have helped if there WAS compaction in that event, because it might have kind of bound garbage from one area together in one spot. But I do agree with MommaD that for all we know LE could have asked them not to compact on that day. In any case, searching one truck at a time would sure cut down on the contamination from all of the garbage in the dump being raked over the remains and anything with the remains over and over again. That would really make all the different dna - and finding specific people's garbage even more crazy.

Thank you Noway.......

And for Chili's comment.

Yes he did seem incredibly normal to me as well. BUT......history is full of people that appeared to be normal and incredibly nice, and were murderers in their spare time.

In particular, I was also interested in the brothers. Maybe I'm just grasping at straws.

It's my belief that the park (or the area around the park) is involved and also it is a juvenile offender that may have had help disposing of body.

Maybe I'm wrong....just my opinion.

muderer in their spare time... that cracked me up.

One of my initial theories on this case was that somehow either one or more of the sibs, or perhaps SP in a fit of anger, lethally injured Somer and that mom helped dispose of the body in a trash receptacle somewhere and then flagged down LE. But... she has seemed to be so angry at the perpetrator and so... I guess "vengeful" would be a good word, that its now more difficult for me to imagine that she is actually aware that its one or more of her own children.

Plus, she would have to have at least two children in on this and I can't see those kids withstanding all of the questioning that I would imagine has gone on and keeping a straight story. I'm willing to bet that they have been questioned by police, they may have made tapes at the local child advocacy, they've been interviewed a few times by now.

And the mother even let the oldest brother talk to the media on the first or the second day that Somer was missing. And SP's name is on the fund, which I don't think she'd do if she knew he was the perp. Also, Somer doesn't fit the age category of children who are killed by caretakers. I don't know. Just some of my thinking on this.

Plus all of the potential suspects. It would be nice to know what, if any, backlog there is in processing the dna of RSO's in general and getting the profile attached to them. I'd bet anything there is a backlog.

This case is prob a nightmare in terms of dna. Let's say that they come up with someone in the neighborhood whose dna matches up. They are going to claim that someone put her in the garbage near their garbage and that's how their dna got on her. I can see it coming. LE will have to have other strong circumstantial evidence as well to make a solid case here.

A lot of these garbage dump cases we've seen before have been cases where the husband was the perp and there was other evidence implicating him and they were actually looking for that specific woman's body when they found the remains. Finding the body was kind of coup in the case. Or, the bodies have been found but have not been associated with an identity, and the case has kind of stalled from there - like these murders, did they ever find the killer? The Redhead Murders - Cold Case Investigations

It's better when they are able to find the body in the actual dumpster - those cases seem to have decent solve rates. I think there was a case of a body (of an adult woman) being found in FL in recent months and that suspect has already been arrested (edit - there was, I found the link after I wrote this part: http://www.wkrg.com/florida/article/womans_body_found_in_dumpster/24824/Mar-26-2009_2-12-pm/

I'm really hopeful that since they searched each truck's trash after it was dumped that they will be better able to judge the identities of those people who dumped the trash most in proximity to the body. In a weird way, it may have helped if there WAS compaction in that event, because it might have kind of bound garbage from one area together in one spot. But I do agree with MommaD that for all we know LE could have asked them not to compact on that day. In any case, searching one truck at a time would sure cut down on the contamination from all of the garbage in the dump being raked over the remains and anything with the remains over and over again. That would really make all the different dna - and finding specific people's garbage even more crazy.

Found this on Cheryl Cain murder. The arrest was made in less than 2 1/2 months of her boyfriend's friend. Ironically, his name is Scott T.

http://www.northescambia.com/?p=8750

I've just been playing on MS all day (but don't have one myself). AF has friend on page 2...WS. Interesting blog.

And pictures......

I'm not very good at looking stuff up, but how would one find out an address or parent's names of a minor? Is that a dumb question?

I can only do MS because my kids have it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
momoxbunny