FL - Somer Thompson, 7, Orange Park, 19 Oct 2009 #32

Status
Not open for further replies.
I see your point ... if she was listing the victims in these cases (which she was), Somer should have been listed.

If she'd have listed the parents, then mentioning herself would have made sense.

I guess in the end, it doesn't matter what she said at all.

I still think in this video where she is going through the litany of little girls, sometimes referring to the child like Haleigh, then the Anthony's, Jessica Lunsford, I never thought it would happen to __________. I would have thought she would have said S. But she doesn't. She says ME.

I get the reference you gave above as having been said also. But, again as it relates to what happened that day having happened to HER.

That's all. As for your correction. I meant to use yours, but when I went back to get the exact quote I got Cane's instead. But, you know my take is still the same because it doesn't make a dimes worth of difference if she said seen or standing right there, KWIM??

Thank you though.

DT's comments to the media also speak to how she has always referred to what was taken from her (DT) and how she has suffered (DT), etc. There are numerous examples of how DT views this awful tragedy as happening to her.

Somer is the one who lost her young life. Somer is the one who was robbed of her future.

But DT has only referred to it in terms of what has happened to her (DT).

Maybe Diena feels she can only speak to how she feels? IDK

I see your point ... if she was listing the victims in these cases (which she was), Somer should have been listed.

If she'd have listed the parents, then mentioning herself would have made sense.

I guess in the end, it doesn't matter what she said at all.

That would depend on whether or not she is ever considered a suspect in this case. Then every single thing she has said CAN and WILL be used against her. Nothing she said can be used in her own defense however.
That is why when someone is arrested they are advised of this fact. Your past statements can NEVER help you, they can only be used against you. Did you know that?

Her daughter was murdered. I would say the tragedy did happen to her. Not the murder part of it and the death part of it, but the personal loss.

Hello! Wow! Those bright cove videos, I've heard of this interview with the man not shown, but never thought I'd see them. Thanks.

My first comment about them is the same one I notice a lot when she is interviewed.
The fact that what happened to that day happened to HER.
I have never heard her say I never thought this would happen to S. Just that she never thought this would ever happen to her!! Does anyone else think this is very odd way to view this crime?

My second comment is in reference to if she would have seen anything suspicious in the neighborhood " if I did I would have been seeing them right there".

Where the crime took place? Where was she talking about that she was at the time to have been in a position to see someone suspicious RIGHT THERE? She'd have to know the where and the when to be able to see the suspicious person in her mind, right there.

This is about the most difficult statement to make any logical sense of that she has made yet. And she has said more than a few disturbing comments!!

What are you all thinking about what she is referring to?

I'm thinking she was panicking (because she was worried that someone else might have seen something suspicious) & was trying to answer a question that she didn't expect & was hoping that she was making sense and that people would somehow believe her.

I also noticed that the Sheriff was watching every move she made and was listening to every word that she uttered when she gave that ridiculous nonsensical answer.

That's what I think.

I wonder if SP with he's 10 years of working on computers came over at DT request and helped clean up a file or two unknowingly

That would depend on whether or not she is ever considered a suspect in this case. Then every single thing she has said CAN and WILL be used against her. Nothing she said can be used in her own defense however.
That is why when someone is arrested they are advised of this fact. Your past statements can NEVER help you, they can only be used against you. Did you know that?

Even if you told the truth?

I'm thinking she was panicking (because she was worried that someone else might have seen something suspicious) & was trying to answer a question that she didn't expect & was hoping that she was making sense and that people would somehow believe her.

I also noticed that the Sheriff was watching every move she made and was listening to every word that she uttered when she gave that ridiculous nonsensical answer.

That's what I think.

Sorrell, my dear, I was leaning on my Thank You button!! If I could have, I'd have left you a dozen!! ;)

Her daughter was murdered. I would say the tragedy did happen to her. Not the murder part of it and the death part of it, but the personal loss.

I agree. She is living a nightmare from which she can't awaken.

As someone who almost lost my own daughter to attempted murder, I can almost understand how she must have felt when she made those statements.

I can also testify that my most intense emotion and grief when my daughter was almost killed was what it could have cost her - my sorrow was for her possible loss of life and the future and happiness that her killer had tried to rob her of. Not to mention my sorrow and grief for the trauma she endured @ the hands of her attempted murderer - her terror (especially after I listened to the 911 tapes).

My own grief and loss were secondary to what my daughter endured and almost lost.

I have a lot to think about tonight
Copy cat?
10 yr Computer expert guy babysitting?
waiting for a plea deal based on mental health?

This lack of information from LE is making theory development hard for me.

I agree. She is living a nightmare from which she can't awaken.

As someone who almost lost my own daughter to attempted murder, I can almost understand how she must have felt when she made those statements.

I can also testify that my most intense emotion and grief when my daughter was almost killed was what it could have cost her - my sorrow was for her possible loss of life and the future and happiness that her killer had tried to rob her of. Not to mention my sorrow and grief for the trauma she endured @ the hands of her attempted murderer - her terror (especially after I listened to the 911 tapes).

My own grief and loss were secondary to what my daughter endured and almost lost.

Were you interviewed while your daughter was missing and if so, did you watch those interviews later and think you didn't sound like you meant to?

You and Diena appear to be two very different people (in reacting to similar situation).

Were you interviewed while your daughter was missing and if so, did you watch those interviews later and think you didn't sound like you meant to?

You and Diena appear to be two very different people (in reacting to similar situation).

Noway in all honesty who says after 3 weeks "I feel guilty if I have fun"

other then Casay A

I said this earlier tonight but I want to repeat it before it's off the bed for me...

My thoughts would most likely be broken and I would most likely talk in circles if I were going thru what DT was going thru at the time those early interviews were taking place.

IMO it's hard for me to judge her by her words or tone during that time. I'm sure she was devistated. You could tell she was trying to get her point across but did not know the "right" words to say. IMO I feel for her. She had just lost her daughter and people are worried about one wrong word here, or one too few tears there.

JMO

Goodnight Y'all! Have a great one.

other then Casay A

O/T: I don't think CA ever felt guilty about anything. IMO

other then Casay A

Maybe she made the mistake of having fun with AT and ST, and for a few brief moments, all of them were smiling and laughing. IDK

Thirty-two threads and I still don't have a real suspect in mind.

My nameless faceless real estate type?
A former neighbor?

Goodnight, ccane!

Me too.

images

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online