FL - Somer Thompson, 7, Orange Park, 19 Oct 2009 #32

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sure I get that but dont you think people talked about it, kids talked about it ?

Yes.

But back to the original post.
DT seems ignorant of a LOT of info about the case. Last interview with atty stated she really knew "nothing", says she knows nothing about how Somer died, or anything.

What do you surmise is the reason LE is not telling her anything, and why does she have an attorney liason between LE and herself?

Seems pretty obvious to me.

I don't think that because the 5 year old walked home with Somer that Diena and the mom were friends and talked about it. (Basing this on the 5 year old having to tell her mom that she walked home with Somer sometimes ... thinking that if the mom and Diena were friends, she would have known that her daughter walked home sometimes with Somer.)

I don't think Diena is in the kid loop at all. I doubt she knows what her kid and their friends talk about. She is working and going to school? She leaves before her kids do. She doesn't know their arrangements for getting home, specifically (whether they will be offered rides, etc.) and all of her most recent statements about how the kids were taking this loss were "ups and downs" and "kids will be kids".

I doubt she is really close with her neighbors, either. She seems more the acquaintenance (lots of them) type. MOO, JMOO, MOONLY etc.,

This lack of information from LE is making theory development hard for me.

The lack of info from LE is making theory easier for me. Especially the admitted lack of information being given to DT. As I stated earlier, she would have a right to know, and investigators routinely reveal the COD to a parent to help them with closure, and also possibly to revisit it again in an interview, based on the parents' reaction...does this cause you to recall anything that you may have forgotten before during all of the grief during the MPR, the days we were waiting to find your little girl, etc...and right then would be a perfect time for them to ask, "do you remember when you said so and so....and then you said so and so (something different) later on? Can you remember why you have gotten that information incorrect, or why you felt it necessary to change the information?

I have watched detective shows in the past, (especially NYPD) where real NYC detectives were consultants on the show. They helped write the episodes and the scripts. Some of those scripts came directly from a former cop's own cases, names changed. Every detail, including how the perp acted, the parents, the interrogation, the investigations, the re-interviews, little things (including suiting up and digging through garbage) was covered. NOthing glossed over or looked pretty.

If anyone is interested, there was an episode called "Lost Israel" on that show and it is still available on YouTube. It bears many similarities to this case. IT is a true story. The outrage the detectives feel when they think they know who is involved and the techniques they use on interview and then just waiting and waiting is amazing.

It makes total sense that LE would not be releasing information if they feel the perp can in any way formulate more alibis, etc., or make the investigation more difficult. That DT stated she is in the dark is significant to me. It's a wait and see, IMO.

I have a lot to think about tonight
Copy cat?
10 yr Computer expert guy babysitting?
waiting for a plea deal based on mental health?

Cane, is there a substantiated source for mental health issues in any member of the family? I recall some very vicious fights on here taking to task any member who made inferences to mental health, past or present drug use,
prior hospitalizations, custody issues, and of course that now-prohibited topic: Parenting. Who, besides you and a few select detached investigators here is willing to accept the benefit of the doubt when deal with these issues, which, individually may not amount to much but...when there are several, they do paint a picture which reveal some significant dysfunction in Somer's circle of intimate persons, leaving her vunerable to all kinds of problems and possibly compromosing her safety. I fear I do not make sense. Forgive my rambling. It's late and I am beyond exhausted. TIA.

I don't think that because the 5 year old walked home with Somer that Diena and the mom were friends and talked about it. (Basing this on the 5 year old having to tell her mom that she walked home with Somer sometimes ... thinking that if the mom and Diena were friends, she would have known that her daughter walked home sometimes with Somer.)

Well well and well. What I pulled from here (since you all are sleuthing DT's conscious knowledge and understanding of an imminent danger with an alleged recent abduction attempt IS....

Do I get that Somer and a five year old friend walked home sometimes? Is it known if they did this alone or with Sister and twin present? Now we ALL know a 5 and 7 yr. old walking home ALONE is just asking for trouble? I'd like to know. Then I'd really approach mental health - for both mothers who would appear to be a few french fries short of a happy meal to let this happen!

That would depend on whether or not she is ever considered a suspect in this case. Then every single thing she has said CAN and WILL be used against her. Nothing she said can be used in her own defense however.
That is why when someone is arrested they are advised of this fact. Your past statements can NEVER help you, they can only be used against you. Did you know that?

If you watch all of the interviews, she speaks about how she feels; she speaks about "it"; she speaks about what SHE did for Somer "put her hair in a ponytail; about her reactions to the news; she ONLY speaks about Somer specifically when asked a specific question, and then she speak in cliches; and finally, when asked about the other children and how they are coping, she gives vague answers or says she really does not know. Originally this was because she was "separated from them because of the media" (blame) and then she really "felt uncomfortable about talking with them" and lets the "experts" handle it.

The only recollections I have of her bringing up Somer was in reference to the "it's NOT OKAY TO PUT MY BABY IN THE TRASH", and when she tells people the reason she is saturating the tv is to keep Somer's memory alive.

I said this earlier tonight but I want to repeat it before it's off the bed for me...

My thoughts would most likely be broken and I would most likely talk in circles if I were going thru what DT was going thru at the time those early interviews were taking place.

IMO it's hard for me to judge her by her words or tone during that time. I'm sure she was devistated. You could tell she was trying to get her point across but did not know the "right" words to say. IMO I feel for her. She had just lost her daughter and people are worried about one wrong word here, or one too few tears there.

JMO

JMO, I was very very heartbroken for her at the beginning, although the hink meter went off when she went up and down and when speaking directly to the camera about how she would like to make the killer suffer, she was extremely coherent.

I have spent 2 months re-watching those interviews with the desire to see honest grief and to be non-judgmental. What I see is the exact same behaviors, tones of voice, kleenex with no tears and etc., a week, 2 weeks later, on interviews, etc. The tone of grief usually changes as time elapses. I see absolutely no changes in her demeanor. She was very reserved when the attorney was with her.

Thirty-two threads and I still don't have a real suspect in mind.

My nameless faceless real estate type?
A former neighbor?

The most important question to me is: WHAT WAS THE MOTIVE? Either somebody wanted her for sex, or someone was angry with her. Who else would want to kill this little girl and who would carry it off in broad daylight?

Maybe she made the mistake of having fun with AT and ST, and for a few brief moments, all of them were smiling and laughing. IDK

She seemed to be enjoying many parts of the fund raisers, got up on stage and sang. She was ebullient and very upbeat thanking the community. I have sincere doubts that AT is capable of having fun right now. Since there are no targeted suspects, the poor little girl was the last person to be reponsible for her EVEN to being ordered out of the house twice to finish her job. Then she had to come back having failed. Then I am sure she was interrogated about what she might have said to set Somer off running. No matter how many people (allegedly) say it wasn't her fault, she was supposed to keep her sister safe and her sister got murdered. As for ST having fun, DT said herself he is devastated having lost his twin. Somer's room was re-decorated because of this.

No, I am sure DT was talking about FUN. And I wonder if LE being around the home, plus her still being a suspect has put a significant damper on her former activities.

sorrellskye - thank you so much for sharing your daughter's nightmare with us. Just from reading your account I can feel the anguish you have for your daughter. You brought tears to my eyes - good tears because of the unselfish love you have for your daughter, and sad tears because of your daughter's ordeal. And, I agree with your statements 100%.

I still think in this video where she is going through the litany of little girls, sometimes referring to the child like Haleigh, then the Anthony's, Jessica Lunsford, I never thought it would happen to __________. I would have thought she would have said S. But she doesn't. She says ME.

I get the reference you gave above as having been said also. But, again as it relates to what happened that day having happened to HER.

That's all. As for your correction. I meant to use yours, but when I went back to get the exact quote I got Cane's instead. But, you know my take is still the same because it doesn't make a dimes worth of difference if she said seen or standing right there, KWIM??

Thank you though.

I'm a few pages behind, but if DT did list off these names, only Jessica was sexually assaulted since we don't know what has happened to Haleigh yet. Caylee was killed by her mother and wasn't actually missing and may be what happened to Haleigh. Maybe DT was just referring to being another family having a child go missing in Florida, but not very good comparisons.

The Times-Union ran the story --This is also the newspaper DT turned down for a interview request

Previous abduction attempt in Orange Park a focus of search for missing girl

Mother said her daughter was hysterical after woman tried to lure her into a car

updated at 9:16 AM on Tuesday, Oct. 20, 2009

As Clay County deputies continue a massive search for missing 7-year-old Somer Renee Thompson this morning, the mother of a girl who was nearly snatched 10 days ago in the same area said she is frightened for Somer.

Sheriff Rick Beseler said it is unclear whether there is a connection between the abduction attempt of the 5-year-old girl and the Somer's disappearance, but he asked that anyone who had any information concerning either incident to contact police.

In addition to following up information on the abduction attempt, deputies were interviewing children on the way to Grove Park Elementary school this morning in an effort to learn more about what may have happened to Somer.

The mother of the 5-year-old told the Times-Union her daughter was friends with Somer, who has been missing since Monday afternoon. The mother said her daughter told her last night the two girls had previously walked home from Grove Park Elementary school together.

The mother said the attempted abduction of her daughter occurred on Oct. 10 at the corner of Gano Avenue and Grove Park Drive, about a block from where Somer was last seen. The mother said she learned of the abduction attempt from a woman who saw the incident, scared off the potential kidnappers and followed her daughter home to report what happened.

The mother said a woman in a car, possibly a blue Nissan SUV, drove up to the girl about while she was riding her bike three blocks from her home. There were also two men in the vehicle.

“The lady was trying to lure my daughter in, saying, “Your mother told me for you to get in the car so I can take you home,” the mother said. “My daughter said no. This other lady saw everything happen. She said they instantly drove off.”

Snipped for space & BBM

An SUV?????? That's the first time I heard it was an SUV. I thought it was a Nissan Sentra like the one shown in THIS article.

merry christmas eve everyone. There are alot of posters that think I am a DT basher. I dont think this is true. If anything I think I have repeatedly talked myself into believing that she had nothing to do with somers death. Just as I have talked myself into believing that ST had many road blocks that kept him from seeing his kids.

I too have been through a bad divorce many moons ago. My ex took my 2 yr old and kept her from me for months. I was broke and didnt have dependable car, she too was over 500 miles away. LE in that state did not help me. This was "his" state. In those days each parent could get custody in their state. Thankfully this changed to the custodial parents state having venue in these cases. What I am trying to say is that NO road blocks (and there were many) kept me from getting to my child, because she was my priority. She is almost 30 now (yikes) and still comments on how no matter where she was, I would move heaven and earth to find her. I would have faced the devil himself to see my child. I still would.
My four yr old gdaughter has several backpacks, so does my 4 yr old grandson. They pack toys etc, in them. And in defense of the mismatched socks... socks arent something that is needed in fl until oct, when the weather gets chilly. This was our first cold weather and maybe she was just glad to find a "pair of socks" that day. This could also be why she remembered them so vividly. That is had gotten cold when she picked out her clothes.. I myself have been glad to have found any pair of socks at this time of year, and searching for any pair of socks and finally finding two that match each other would make you remember the ones you finally found. (with a mental note that I need to get the kid some socks)

I have personally felt DTs wrath, at least through eye contact. Her look was one of pure hatred. Maybe it was because I was with ST. Maybe it was because she knows I am a ws member and have called her out on her dress choice and lack of supervision for these kids. But she was obviously trying to intimidate me with her glare, and honestly it worked, it was that fierce. I shook it off quickly, but I remember wondering if she had ever glared at somer when she was angry in that way. Just how bad is this womans temper?

I personally am going back to the beginning on my thoughts of everyone involved in this case and try to squash any of my preconceived notions regarding them. ST can think Im on his side, DT can think I am against her. I am neither. I am both. I want justice for somer. I want the other kids to be someones priority. NO matter what each thinks of me or who I am "for".. I will tell the truth as I see it... thanks to all of you I can see more clearly now.

Good morning Dee... its a bittersweet christmas eve for me... I mourn the loss of somer for everyone.

Good morning Sad. I share your feelings. IDK I really thought this case would be have been solved quickly, but I thought that about Haleigh too & we are getting close to a year in her case.

Hello! Wow! Those bright cove videos, I've heard of this interview with the man not shown, but never thought I'd see them. Thanks.

My first comment about them is the same one I notice a lot when she is interviewed.
The fact that what happened to that day happened to HER.
I have never heard her say I never thought this would happen to S. Just that she never thought this would ever happen to her!! Does anyone else think this is very odd way to view this crime?

My second comment is in reference to if she would have seen anything suspicious in the neighborhood " if I did I would have been seeing them right there".

Where the crime took place? Where was she talking about that she was at the time to have been in a position to see someone suspicious RIGHT THERE? She'd have to know the where and the when to be able to see the suspicious person in her mind, right there.

This is about the most difficult statement to make any logical sense of that she has made yet. And she has said more than a few disturbing comments!!

What are you all thinking about what she is referring to?

I don't know - I agree with you on all accounts. Everything is about HER - on so many different accounts in the videos. Where you would expect her to talk more about the family and Somer. How this is so wrong for Somer - yes, few mentions but the latter overdoes it.

I swear that human lie detector website had to be that original poster who showed up here the first week that Somer went missing and told us to REALLY look at what mom is saying - and not saying-- and her body movements. I was TOTALLY on mom's side and was not suspicious at all - I have a weak case of trying to see the good in all people. My opinion changed over time. I am not saying mom played direct role in what happend to Somer but she is not being upfront about something!!! Anyway, they did a few things on Diena and mostly what your saying is the conclusion this person came up with.

good morning all, Merry Christmas Eve to all....time to flip the burgers!! Blessings out to all....God is good, remember that!!

Noway in all honesty who says after 3 weeks "I feel guilty if I have fun"

other then Casay A

Who could HAVE fun 3 weeks after their child was murdered and thrown in the trash anyway? I can't think of ANYTHING or any situation where I would be having any fun. I can't see how I would be able to smile, eat, sleep, or go on TV for interviews or fund raisers- I can't see how I would even be able to function, much less have fun.

I agree. She is living a nightmare from which she can't awaken.

As someone who almost lost my own daughter to attempted murder, I can almost understand how she must have felt when she made those statements.

I can also testify that my most intense emotion and grief when my daughter was almost killed was what it could have cost her - my sorrow was for her possible loss of life and the future and happiness that her killer had tried to rob her of. Not to mention my sorrow and grief for the trauma she endured @ the hands of her attempted murderer - her terror (especially after I listened to the 911 tapes).

My own grief and loss were secondary to what my daughter endured and almost lost.

Wow, SS - ((HUGS)) to your daughter and your family. I hope she is well now!

I tend to agree with you here. I havent' had the same experience as your family. When my son was born he ended up being very ill. It was my first baby and you can imagine the excitement and all the new feelings you get as a new parent. He suffered an in-utero stroke, blood clotting in the brain etc..etc.. (He is GREAT now btw) -- Anyway, all I could think of is my poor baby - he was getting every test under the sun - spinal taps etc.. The pain of a parent is taking the pain of a child -you ACHE for your child. I learned this the hard way within 20 minutes of becoming a parent. It came natural!!! The pain I felt was for him and the worry that he would be alright -

I know everyone is different and maybe some don't do this.... This is what seems to me should be natural. I would think if DT was in shock and denial this behavior could attribute to what she says. However, my personal observations don't believe 100% that she was.

Who could HAVE fun 3 weeks after their child was murdered and thrown in the trash anyway? I can't think of ANYTHING or any situation where I would be having any fun. I can't see how I would be able to smile, eat, sleep, or go on TV for interviews or fund raisers- I can't see how I would even be able to function, much less have fun.

Maybe we could ask Sharon Rocha??? I still tear up when I think of the pain she went through - it was so deep and real - the love she has/had for her daughter and unborn grandson.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member