FL - Tracy Ocasio, 27, Orlando/Ocoee, 27 May 2009 - #2

I thought I should mention that while I was looking up the area on Bing map and then on Google map, I noticed a small white boat pulled up in the scruff on both maps on Lake Bennett. It is in the lower left (SW) corner of the lake. On the Bing map you can also see a black van on a road up from there in the top right corner of the photo. Not that the van matters, but it shows you where they may have put the boat in the water and the road leading to the lake.

If it is on both maps, maybe the boat is there all the time and others could have access to it because of that reason. It should also be visible from the road.

http://www.bing.com/maps/default.as...where1=SR 50 and bluford, Ocoee, FL&encType=1

***This is information about the search this weekend:***

http://www.wesh.com/news/20618401/detail.html

As of just before 2 p.m., St. Cyr said they had searched a 5-mile perimeter from Bluford Avenue and state Road 50. It was in that area where the boot and Tracy Ocasio's car was found.

About 60 searchers were working in the Lake Bennett area, a number of them nationally certified for searching. About 14 K-9s certified nationally for cadaver searches investigated wooded areas.

http://www.wesh.com/news/20632718/detail.html

Using Hydratrek, an amphibious vehicle, volunteers from FL-3 Airboat Search and Rescue searched Lake Bennett in Ocoee twice this weekend. On Saturday, dogs went in and then divers, but they found nothing.

"We ran dogs on this yesterday," said Danny Ibison, of the search and rescue group. "If there was any interest at all the dogs would have shown some, and the dog did show some, so we warranted coming back."

The search is over for now, but the Ocasios will regroup with authorities and determine the next step.

Except the images on Bing and Google are not current. I believe Bing is more up-to-date than Google which is why I brought it up. It struck me as unusual to see a boat sitting in the same place on both maps due to the time differences.

If you Bing and Google your home, you can usually tell the time period the images were taken to give you a better idea about how old those images can be sometimes. Up to two years old in some cases.

I thought for sure they would find DNA on or in the boot! If she wore them a lot surely there would be skin cells or hair but I suppose after being exposed to the weather for so long all of that could have washed away. How disappointing.

http://www.wftv.com/news/20687416/detail.html

ORANGE COUNTY, Fla. -- The prime suspect in the case of missing woman Tracy Ocasio pled no contest in court on another case Wednesday. James Hataway was facing drug paraphernalia charges in Orange County, but the case has now been cleared.

The charges weren't connected to the Ocasio case and, even though the case was cleared, Hataway will not be walking free anytime soon. He's headed to the Seminole County jail, facing even more criminal charges.

Hataway has not been charged in Tracy's disappearance. Prosecutors still don't have enough evidence in that case. Legal experts say they need a lucky break or they need to find Tracy Ocasio.

video at link

(Note: This article is from September 2nd.)

any news on the Tracy Ocasio disappearance?

any news on possible connections of JVH to other missing women cases?

Person Of Interest In Ocasio Case Doesn't Show Up In Court

Wednesday, October 07, 2009 4:24:52 AM
http://www.cfnews13.com/News/Local/2009/10/6/person_of_interest_in_ocasio_case_in_court.html
snip:

ORLANDO -- James Hataway -- the only person of interest named in the Tracy Ocasio disappearance case -- was scheduled to be back in court Tuesday morning, but he did not make an appearance.

The lawyers in the case and the judge went forward without him. There was no word why Hataway was a no-show.

The hearing in front of an Orange County judge had to do with a case unrelated to the missing woman.

**criminal mischief for allegedly striking the side of a woman's van with his fist while crossing the street

STILL being held in jail

HATAWAY, JAMES VIRGIL

Booking Number: 09025945
Race: White
Date of Birth: 11/21/1980
Last Known Address: 147 Lyle St, Ocoee, Fl 34761

Cell: MPOD-E
Date Booked: 06/01/2009
Time Booked: 10:51pm
Number of Holds: OUT OF COUNTY - BURG W/BAT,ROBBERY, AGG BAT - 092737CFA - PER TTY FROM SEMINOLE COUNTY - SEMINOLE CO. - 250000

Notes: None

Charges

Case Sequence: 061
Case Status: Presentenced
#Bond Amount: 0.00
Police Case Number: n/a
Court Location: CIRCUIT
Arresting Agency: Ocoee Pd
Charge/Court Case Number: Criminal Mischief (>$1000)
482009CF005732O
Note: Bond Revoked Judge Higbee

Not suprised to hear that Hataway did not show up - wonder where he is. Bumping for Tracy - I am so frustrated that nothing more has broken in this case.

I thought he was in jail and didn't make bail there would have been alot more news coverage if he was on the run ..

I thought he was in jail and didn't make bail there would have been alot more news coverage if he was on the run ..
CanManEh - thanks - it was late when I read that post and I had totally forgotten that Hataway was in jail all this time. I guess maybe his lawyers didn't think that appearance was so important in the face of other things brewing against him...Makes one wonder though.

well ya thats what i thought and actually i didn't know if u were in jail you could even refuse to go .I mean he hasn't been indighted yet so really its bail pro cosinary reasons he is being held so i dont know why they cant make him appear.but i guess its not a huge deal if he is still in the slammer anyways..maybe he is in the dungeon and they didnt wanna let him see day light yet..

well ya thats what i thought and actually i didn't know if u were in jail you could even refuse to go .I mean he hasn't been indighted yet so really its bail pro cosinary reasons he is being held so i dont know why they cant make him appear.but i guess its not a huge deal if he is still in the slammer anyways..maybe he is in the dungeon and they didnt wanna let him see day light yet..

If only..... but at least he if he is still incarcerated another female will not fall victim to him.

Hataway Hearing Delayed For Attack Similar To Ocasio Case

SANFORD -- The lone person of interest in the disappearance of missing Ocoee woman Tracy Ocasio will have to wait another month for a hearing in an unrelated but reportedly similar case.

The attorney for James Hataway asked a judge Wednesday for more time to interview witnesses.

Hataway faces charges for an attack on another woman in Seminole County in 2008.

Rachel Clark said Hataway tired to strangle her after she gave him a ride home from a party. When she tried to get away, Hataway allegedly chased her and slammed her head to the ground.

Clark did not come forward until Ocasio’s disappearance hit the news. She said she saw Hataway’s mug shot and recognized him as her attacker.

Hataway, who was not in court Wednesday, is also the last known person to see Ocasio.

(cont'd at link)

http://cfnews13.com/News/Local/2009/10/14/hataway_faces_judge_in_attack_similar_to_ocasio_case.html

:parrot:

http://www.wesh.com/news/21338080/detail.html

Criminal Mischief Charge Dropped Against Hataway

Orange County Corrections Department spokesman Allen Moor said that Hataway has been moved to an area of the jail where he can be constantly observed.

He said the move came after the Orlando Sentinel forwarded the corrections department a complaint indicating that Hataway feared retribution from corrections officers. Moore said none of the officers named in the complaint work in the area.

Just wanted to bump for Tracy - so very sad that this case has seemingly come to a standstill. I hope and pray everyday for a break in this case.

The longer the investigation continues, the more it seems apparent that Hataway has a really effective hiding place which makes sense because of his previous involvement in illegal dumping. He must not be giving any information to investigators, but at least this time they pretty much know he did it..so sooner or later, they'll figure it out.

Hopefully some other cases will be solved when they find Tracy's remains.

Where, oh where... is Tracy :confused: This beautiful young woman did not vaporize into thin air. She didn't teleport herself into another dimension or time. Tracy was seen last w JHATAWAY. With heartfelt prayers for Tracy's family and loved ones... God bless and comfort you through these long months. :prayer:

http://www.wesh.com/news/21572669/detail.html
'snipped'
The last person to see Tracy Ocasio was a no show in court Tuesday, where he was facing unrelated charges.

James Hataway's attorney appeared instead before a Seminole County judge on battery charges stemming from an attack on another woman. The judge continued the case until Nov. 19.

Hataway's attorney is seeking more information in the case

Ocasio's mother, Liz Ocasio, said she plans to attend the hearing as promised.

Ocasio disappeared in May after leaving an Orlando bar with Hataway. He faces no charges related to her disappearance.

..more at link..

For any who had not previously seen (published wftv Oct 13)

All, Recently we had what we thought would be a break in the case when a person came forward with a video that showed what they thought was Hataway and our daughter, but after the police reviewed the tape it did not turned out to be. However we were thankful to the person that came forward because we hope and pray one of these days someone will come forward with information to help us break her case open. I again ask you to please keep her name "alive" out in the public eye to help us get information about her case.

I was asked recently why we are "fixed" on James Hataway. I'm not sure if sharing this will ever hurt our case in the long run but as of today we do not have a case and maybe it might help get information so here we go; when Hataway was brought in for questioning he accused an acquaintance of his to have been responsible for her disappearance. Hataway used to work for this guy from time to time cleaning out lake shores. His name is Paul Hutto who ironically had an incident with our daughter at the Taproom for which she called the cops and filed charges. Hataway basically told the cops during questioning that Paul Hutto had called him the morning Tracy disappeared and told him that if the police would come to him asking about Tracy that he was to tell them he did not see Tracy the night before or knew her. When the fact came up that police would issue a warrant for the phone records Hataway changed his story and instead claimed Paul Hutto instead came to his house the morning she disappeared around 11:00 AM and again told him he better not tell the police about Tracy. The police brought in Paul Hutto for questioning and he had a solid alibi of his where about for the morning Hataway claimed Paul came over. It appears Paul had car trouble and had witnesses and receipts putting him in another place when Hataway claimed he came to his house. In addition the incident at the Taproom between Paul Hutto and our daughter was deemed very minor and not a reason that Paul or someone else would harm her for it. As a matter of fact Paul helped the police there after by showing them where they would dump debris and other wooded areas where Hataway was known to either dump debris or hang out. I want to point out that Paul Hutto is not a suspect and has been cleared. These conflicting changing stories Hataway gave in addition to having her phone ping right around his house and the fact he also changed stories about her being in his house along the many other coincidences (last to see her, car a straight 150 yards from his house, someone else dropped off her car where it was abandoned, etc) makes us believe he either has harmed our daughter or knows about what happened to her.

I also want to share something that has been bothering me about "his rights". When the questioning kept going back to him and his involment with Tracy's disappearance he invoked his right to a lawyer and the Ocoee detectives could not question him any longer without a lawyer. I want to point out he did not get a lawyer in her case and does not "technically" need to get one because he has not being charged with anything on her case! So my understanding is the Ocoee detectives can't interview him again unless they come up with evidence that would force him to get a lawyer.....not that he would say anything at all even if he had a lawyer and they could interview him again but to me is like he's laughing at us!!

Last, in regards to Hataway's Seminole county court case this Wednesday coming up my wife Liz will be there. I unfortunately need to be at work but once the court case gets going I will make arrangements to attend as well when I can.

Thank you for your support during these difficult times,

Joe Ocasio

http://www.wftv.com/news/21281668/detail.html

http://www.wftv.com/news/21346606/detail.html

Also for any who may have missed this complaint by JVH... :boohoo:

Eyewitness News obtained a letter James Hataway wrote, and in it he complained about how he is being treated by corrections officers.

In the letter, Hataway seems to complain about one correction officer in particular. As a result, the jail is questioning officers to determine the validity of the allegations.

Hataway is being held without bond the Orange County jail on charges unrelated to Ocasio's disappearance. However, he was the last known person to see the Ocoee woman in May of this year.

Inmates are free to send letters, but Hataway used another inmate's name and identification number to send the six-page letter to the Orlando Sentinel. On the cover sheet of the letter, he said he did it because he was afraid of censorship or destruction of the letter otherwise.

Hataway goes on to complain about corrections officers not allowing inmates to shower.

Hataway claims he tried to complain about the issue through the jail's 'grievance process,' using an inmate request form, but Hataway says he was told to hold onto the request to see if the situation improves.

Hataway says he complained again in a second request form, but claims an employee responded with derogatory language and called him "a coward who's telling lies."

Hataway never mentions Tracy Ocasio by name, but in his letter wrote, "I want to remind everyone I am presumed innocent until proven guilty."

A jail spokesman says it is important to point out that Hataway was not injured and most of his complaints are minor.

(cont'd at link)

http://www.wftv.com/news/21346606/detail.html

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member