GUILTY FL - Yana Huss, 31, brutally murdered, Port Charlotte, 25 April 2007

How tragic - this little boy's father AND mother were both murdered!! I wonder who killed the father in Russia, was he caught and punished? Hmmmm.

OhMyGosh, how ridiculous!!! If there was a restraining order against him and he went and killed her, then he definitely violated the order - how hard is that to figure out?!?! :banghead:

Prayers for the children and family members who are suffering the loss of Yana.

He absolutely violated the RO but since his victim was not there to testify as the violations, that charge was dismissed. This was a CIVIL not CRIMINAL case so says the State when explaining why no one was there to speak on Yana's behalf or for failing to provide notification to the victim's family about the hearing in the first place. Just one more reason to validate the importance of the Yana Huss Memorial Trust Fund so that they family can attain legal counsel.

These poor kids. Why would the killer's mom only want the girl? I'd lean toward the Russian Grandmother just because she wants BOTH. It just seemed from the outset, the American GM only wanted the girl. I know Peter is no relation to her by blood, but I would think someone who really loved and cared would try and keep them together and Peter is still "her grandchild" regardless of blood.

That poor woman. My heart is just sick thinking how scared she was and how she sought help and none was there. I can only imagine what she must have been thinking and how desperate she must have been to get away from him and with kids to consider.

This is heartbreaking...that poor little boy watching his mother having her throat slit. Such a tragedy.

This makes me SO angry. I can't believe he took that mother away from her children - one of him his own child. How SELFISH and evil can you be?

I am sorry - and I feel for the paternal grandmother. BUT

I feel that if you murder your spouse, your children should not go to your own (the murderers) mother.

Of course, I can only imagine - but would I think that if I murdered someone in a rage, if they went to my family it would be like - I don't know, an affirmation. I don't want this guy to be affirmed in his actions at all. HE took the boy to his mother. He felt that the kids would be better off with his mother than their own mother, whom he murdered. If he stays with the grandmother, we'll be giving him what he wants.

It would be a comfort to the victims mother to be able to care for her daughters children.

THIS SHOULD BE CONSIDERED. Russia or not. Don't separate the children. Give them to the maternal grandmother if she is a fit parent.

I do feel for the paternal grandmother though. She is a victim in this as well.

Knowing that our Sheriff gave that quote hurts.....BTW - The Care Center's location is known to all.....even Perp's looking for their victim.

You know what.

I have never felt this way about something LE has said (and like you other websleuthers, I have read / seen a lot of stupid stuff said by LE), but if I had been there - I might have had the overwhelming urge to go up and slap that Sheriff in the face. As a concerned member of the public and a woman in america, I'm pissed! That's called blaming the victim and that is a HORRIBLE thing to say. That makes me SO angry. This mother was murdered in front of her eight year old child and he has the AUDACITY to say that? What an insensitive, uncaring PRICK.

This makes me SO angry. I can't believe he took that mother away from her children - one of him his own child. How SELFISH and evil can you be?

I am sorry - and I feel for the paternal grandmother. BUT

I feel that if you murder your spouse, your children should not go to your own (the murderers) mother.

Of course, I can only imagine - but would I think that if I murdered someone in a rage, if they went to my family it would be like - I don't know, an affirmation. I don't want this guy to be affirmed in his actions at all. HE took the boy to his mother. He felt that the kids would be better off with his mother than their own mother, whom he murdered. If he stays with the grandmother, we'll be giving him what he wants.

It would be a comfort to the victims mother to be able to care for her daughters children.

THIS SHOULD BE CONSIDERED. Russia or not. Don't separate the children. Give them to the maternal grandmother if she is a fit parent.

I do feel for the paternal grandmother though. She is a victim in this as well.

I can't say for now - BUT I can guarantee all that when all is revealed at the trial, we will be sickened to hear what has yet to be revealed. :(

Know this though - the paternal Grandmother filed eviction papers on Yana and her children shortly before Yana's murder knowing they did not have the means to go anywhere. She sounds like she was not really that concerned
about the children two months ago, wonder why the sudden change??? Could it be the way Scott lovingly looked at his mother during one hearing?

Attachments

• huss.jpg
    huss.jpg
    8.4 KB · Views: 330
You know what.

I have never felt this way about something LE has said (and like you other websleuthers, I have read / seen a lot of stupid stuff said by LE), but if I had been there - I might have had the overwhelming urge to go up and slap that Sheriff in the face. As a concerned member of the public and a woman in america, I'm pissed! That's called blaming the victim and that is a HORRIBLE thing to say. That makes me SO angry. This mother was murdered in front of her eight year old child and he has the AUDACITY to say that? What an insensitive, uncaring PRICK.

I so adore you! If it will make you feel any better.....we are right around the corner for re-election time for Mr. Sheriff....:loser: .....and I am more than positive that Yana's case will be made an issue at that time. :innocent:

Article published Jun 13, 2007
Huss case now second-degree murder
STAFF REPORT

http://www.heraldtribune.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20070613/NEWS/706130460/-1/HELP0530

CHARLOTTE COUNTY -- The charge of manslaughter against Scott Huss in the slaying of his wife has been upgraded to second-degree murder.

Assistant State Attorney Daniel Feinberg filed the change, claiming that Huss killed Yana Huss on April 25 by stabbing her with a knife or another sharp object.

If convicted of second-degree murder, Huss could face a life sentence but not the death penalty, according to Florida statutes.

After all of the domestic violence in that family I would think that Huss should be charged with first degree murder. It's only obvious that he intended to kill her. That sherrif should be fired for saying such a terrible thing but sad to say that is the mentality of a lot of LE.

The wife is dead but it is only obvious that Huss broke the restraining order as it was him that went to her home and murdered her! I remember other cases where the husband was still charged even though the wife was dead before he could be arrested for breaking a restraining order. What is there between LE and this monster killer that he was never charged with anything even though they were called to his home time and time again. It sure makes me wonder.

I hope the grandmother from Russia gets both of the kids. For one thing Huss's mother is 75 years old and that is a little old to chase a 2 yr old around. I doubt that she would be given custody. Huss's older kids...why should they get the little girl? The wife's mother is still fairly young and she should be able to raise her daughter's children. She has a husband and they live in Holland now which might be a nice place to raise the kids. The kids should not be seperated and I really hope that doesn't happen. I hope the towns people give the grandmother a lot of money so she can retain a good attorney.

I can tell you this........if the info was true about the bail money raised on-line for alleged child murderer Holi Baty, there was far more money donated for her than has been for the Yana Huss Memorial Fund. :(

After all of the domestic violence in that family I would think that Huss should be charged with first degree murder. It's only obvious that he intended to kill her.

http://www.sun-herald.com/Newsheadline.cfm?headline=8801&banner=3

"The warrant was issued for manslaughter when there was very little information," said Assistant State Attorney Daniel Feinberg. "They knew they had enough for that."

The murder charge fits the alleged incident because Huss is accused of using a knife or similar weapon to stab the victim to death, according to the information filed by Feinberg. Second-degree murder is defined by Florida law as a killing that is not premeditated but occurs as the result of an act that is imminently dangerous to another person and shows a disregard for human life.

The State Attorney's Office is reviewing whether to take the case to a grand jury so it can be considered for a first-degree murder indictment, Feinberg said."

:dance: :dance: :dance:

I can always provide an address for the State Attorney's Office if anyone is interested in sending their thoughts about this! The Grand Jury is to be seated within weeks, so maybe if they are made aware that this case is being followed nationally......:innocent:

http://www.winknews.com/news/local/8096822.html

Local & Florida
Watch Video
Story Created: Jun 20, 2007

Story Updated: Jun 20, 2007

Support Group: Recent murders spark need for meetings
By Nicole Oliverio
CHARLOTTE COUNTY - Looking through pictures of Yana Huss, she seems very happy.

"She give to people only smiles and love," said her mother, Russian native, Elena Kuchinskaya. "All people say to me, this is a good woman."

But behind the smiles, Kuchinskaya says no one knew about her daughter's pain.

In April, Charlotte County Sheriff's deputies found Yana Huss stabbed to death inside her home. Her husband, Scott Huss, is charged with her murder.

Now, Kuchinskaya hopes to share the pain she feels with strangers, after losing her daughter to homicide.

"My life now, not easy," she said.

Elena joined the group, Parents of Murdered Children, an emotional support group that allows victims' families and friends the opportunity to share their story.

:angel: :angel: :angel:

Please follow above link for more info and please watch the video!

I think the children should go live with the grandmother. It sounds like communication may have been a problem since she didn't speak English. I'm not sure how many agencies have available translators for Russian.
The grandmother obviously cares for the grandkids, and they are familiar with her. It would be less shock to them to let them live with the grandmother, than have to go to an unfamiliar foster home. My prayers that they can get through this with their grandmother as a family.

I think the children should go live with the grandmother. It sounds like communication may have been a problem since she didn't speak English. I'm not sure how many agencies have available translators for Russian.
The grandmother obviously cares for the grandkids, and they are familiar with her. It would be less shock to them to let them live with the grandmother, than have to go to an unfamiliar foster home. My prayers that they can get through this with their grandmother as a family.

Bless you. :blowkiss:

Elena's been quick to pick up the basics over the past two months, so the initial communication problems are starting to ease up. The Murderer has 3 family members trying to keep the children from Yana's family by petitioning for adoption, so your prayers are exactly what is needed right now.

http://www.winknews.com/news/local/8772072.html

New details in Huss murder case
By WINK News

Charlotte County - WINK News is learning more about the Charlotte County man accused of killing his wife.

Scott Huss is charged with killing Yana Huss, back in April in their Port Charlotte home.

The State Attorney's Office released some of the evidence in the case.

In the 12-hundred pages of documents, WINK News found a 12 page letter - it is the note Scott Huss wrote to his mother, which appears to be a suicide note. In it he writes "It did not have to end this way."

Huss also writes "Nobody would listen to the truth" and called Yana a "liar and manipulator."

Testimony from those who knew Yana, however, paints a different picture.

A friend of Yana Huss told detectives she knew Scott was abusing Yana, but Yana didn't know what her options were.

Friends also told detectives Yana found child *advertiser censored* and violent websites on Scott Huss's computer. :furious:

WINK News is also learning that Yana may have documented her own abuse. A month before she was murdered Yana was in a car accident she told an emergency room nurse she needed her bag hidden from her husband. That bag allegedly contained a recorder, note pad, and digital camera - which documented the abuse.

According to police interviews, Scott's mother, Joyce Huss didn't immediately call police after her grandson told her that his mother was dead. Police interviews indicate Joyce Huss talked to her son Scott several times that day, and was told "not to talk to anybody about it." :furious:

Friday, the day the documents were released is also the day Yana should have graduating from nursing school at Manatee Community College. Instead, her mother attended the ceremony and the school held a moment of silence for Yana Huss. :(

http://www.sun-herald.com/Newsheadline.cfm?headline=8948

07/28/07
'Nobody would listen to the truth,' Scott Huss wrote

"Everyone should read this in its entirety to begin to understand the magnitude and the truth. It is lengthy but it will be rewarding because a MOVIE will be made in honor of Scott L. Huss."

So wrote Scott Huss in a manifesto he left for his mother after he allegedly stabbed his wife to death. Huss was arrested at a bus station in Tallahassee on April 26, after Charlotte County Sheriff's deputies found the body of Yana Huss, 31, inside her Port Charlotte home. Huss had purchased a ticket to Houston. Now, he is at the Charlotte County Jail, facing a charge of second-degree murder.

The document was among more than 1,200 pages of case records released by the State Attorney's Office on Friday. In the manifesto, Huss did not discuss the crime he is accused of, but did state his point of view -- including a belief that he and his children are "the only victims."

The document begins with a letter to Scott Huss' mother, Joyce Huss. It outlines how to divide his finances, what price to sell his property for and what type of funeral to arrange for him -- "I want a full MILITARY burial," the letter states. Huss is a former captain in the U.S. Army National Guard.

"PEOPLE, before Yana came into this country, I had a few traffic violations and an impeccable work, education and military record," he wrote. "And you stupid, pathetic, wretched, spoiled Americans think that I am the bad guy. Stupid stupid. I hate stupid."

While Yana's death was not described in the letter, Huss referred to her as though she were deceased.

"For Yana, I loved you like no other," he wrote. "I cannot forgive you anymore. I pray that you have a relationship with Jesus and he forgives you for what you have done. I hope to see you on the other side, perhaps there you will see my love for you."

:sick:

http://www.sun-herald.com/CHNewsstory.cfm?pubdate=073107&story=ch2.htm&folder=NewsArchive2

Documents show suspect's family waited hours before calling police

Grandmother took 8-year-old to lunch, Wal-Mart before telling authorities his mother had been stabbed to death and his stepfather was planning his suicide.

Joyce Huss took her 8-year-old stepgrandson to lunch and then to Wal-Mart before alerting authorities that the boy's mother had been stabbed to death, court documents show.

Joyce is the mother of murder suspect Scott Huss, 48, who is accused of stabbing his wife, Yana, to death in front of her 8-year-old son in their Port Charlotte home.

Court records released recently show the Huss family was in no hurry to report that something terrible had happened on April 25.

:banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

Who does Peter live with? I hope the other child (Peter's step-brother) is willing to testify!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shimona
Back