GUILTY FL - Yana Huss, 31, brutally murdered, Port Charlotte, 25 April 2007

EEE Gads I can barely take this thread, it's so sad. Thank you RiverRat for all you've done.

Why isn't Scott's mother being charged? Clearly she was enabling him to escape and did not report the muder. I hope they get her. It really pisses me off that SHE also allowed her son to hurt his wife.

That is the concern of many! Joyce Huss aided her son and should pay the price for doing so. I am sorry that tears here were shed but I knew that this story deserved more than just small town local coverage and tried to get the word out about this special little family.

What a brave boy. May the children have a good life and be continually reminded how much their mother loved them.

Yana's sister and her husband will adopt the children and knowing what a close, tight-knit family they are, they will not forget Yana. Across the world in Russia will be much better for Petr instead of being here in the same town where Scott is being held.

Pre-Trial Motions will be heard this Friday, September 18th and the Jury Trial is scheduled to begin the following Monday on the 21st.

I am Praying that Someone here remembers Who Is Yana....her exact words regarding her stay in America and her attempts to escape the man charged with her murder...she would say to her Mother far away in another County that she felt on her own as she was a Nobody....Who Is Yana? Yana was a Lady that walked a Path that we should all know about.

Pre-Trial Motions will be heard this Friday, September 18th and the Jury Trial is scheduled to begin the following Monday on the 21st.

I am Praying that Someone here remembers Who Is Yana....her exact words regarding her stay in America and her attempts to escape the man charged with her murder...she would say to her Mother far away in another County that she felt on her own as she was a Nobody....Who Is Yana? Yana was a Lady that walked a Path that we should all know about.

It has been a long time. I hope justice is served. This man is callous and cold. This case is so tragic, so horrible and so preventable.

Hello RR.

I have just read this thread, and looked at Yana's site and I am sickened. I want to thank you so much for continuing to update and keep Yana's memory alive. Your hard work and dedication has shown through so much! I will continue to look for updates and have bookmarked Yana's site. :(

Insert normal rant about the Trial now set for JANUARY 11, 2010. :furious:
:banghead:
:shakehead:

After another delay over the summer, the trial is now scheduled for October 25, 2010.

http://www.sunnewspapers.net/article...D=17134&bnpg=0

CHARLOTTE COUNTY — A judge Thursday granted a defense motion to continue a trial for a local man accused of fatally stabbing his wife three years ago.

Twentieth Circuit Judge John Dommerich set a tentative trial date for Scott Lee Huss, 51, for October or early November.

Huss is charged with the second-degree murder of his wife, 31-year-old Yana Huss, on April 25, 2007. He faces up to life in prison if convicted at trial.

Defense attorney Thomas Marryott requested his client’s trial — which had been slated for Aug. 23 — be delayed through early September as Marryott recovers from two upcoming surgeries.:snooty:

Prosecutors did not object Thursday to the defense motion. :banghead:

Dommerich expressed some reservation in continuing the trial but said there were no alternatives given the circumstances.

The trial has been reset multiple times since originally being set in the fall of 2008, according to court records. :furious:

The judge Thursday asked Assistant State Attorney Dan Feinberg to check with the availability of a state witness who is expected to travel to Southwest Florida from Russia for the trial."

This is MORE than WRONG...
RR

http://www.heraldtribune.com/articl...rial-to-begin-for-man-accused-of-killing-wife

At the end of the day, a Jury was selected and the trial will finally start on the 29th - next monday. This case has grown old while waiting out all of the defense delays & other disgusting (IMO!) tactics, so many of the links on this thread no longer exist, I'm Sorry - I had no clue that Justice would be allowed to be drug out THISSSSS Long, but finally, it's Yana's turn! :woohoo:

Day 3 begins of the Murder Trial! :woohoo:

I must warn you that the links that I am including are GRAPHIC, just please keep Yana and her Family in your thoughts this week. I will be back tonight to add more information, but for now, I have this one and can point you to our Sisiter Forum at FFJ for further details.

Thank You~RR

http://www.abc-7.com/global/story.asp?s=13587614

Yana Huss - Forums For Justice

""Scott Huss, second from left, looks on as Ron Mueller, a crime scene technician with the Charlotte County Sheriff’s Oÿce, testifies off the witness stand and closer to jurors at the Charlotte County Justice Center Tuesday. Huss is charged with second-degree murder in the death of his estranged wife, Yana Huss."

Attachments

• hussday2.bmp
    373 KB · Views: 16
I don't know how I missed this thread, I just finished reading every post and candyrose website.

I am without words.

Have you remained in touch with Lil Peter and family all these years? Eagerly waiting for an update

I don't know how I missed this thread, I just finished reading every post and candyrose website.

I am without words.

Have you remained in touch with Lil Peter and family all these years? Eagerly waiting for an update

I have very little time, Linda...but as soon as I can, I will update on as much as I can, but please do not forget to check at Forums For Justice as that is where I've been able to check in more often there with updates.

To answer your question...Yes. The Family is recovering as best as they can, but this week is very difficult for them as they follow the Trial via the internet and Petr will not have to come back to face his Monster - his videotaped testimony should be played for they Jury today...and even though he is growing up, I will get to see my Little Brave Man one last time with a Broken Heart.

From yesterday -

http://www.winknews.com/Local-Florida/2010-12-01/Scott-Huss-murder-trial-day-3-Surprise-witness

Rat asked that we update this thread for her if we have time. All I have time for is to put a link to the last two pages of the FFJ thread on this case and trial, where Rat has posted some articles not available without a subscription. She's also made some comments on this thread as well. Anyone who would like to bring any of that over here, copy and paste away--I'm sure it's fine, but if any questions are asked, just send 'em to me, an old pyrate with a long history of getting me grits kissed!! :pirate:

And thanks in advance!

http://www.forumsforjustice.org/forums/showthread.php?t=8720&page=18

Here's a great report from last night, with a must see video report:

Okay, just got to this link posted by Rat yesterday--thanks Rat, and it shows a great photo comparison of the bloody footprints and Scott's footprints. No way the jury is going to imagine that COINCIDENTALLY a Russian mob killer had those EXACT SAME FOOT IMPRESSIONS.... HA!

Scott is going DOOOOOOOOOWN.

And the "other son" Jeremy Huss now seems to have decided maybe protecting his murdering scum of a father might not be a good thing after all.... You want to see this video report from last night, which is short, BTW.

PUNTA GORDA, Fla- Early this morning before the jury even walks in prosecutors drop a bombshell on the defense team. AN alleged phone call Scott Huss made to his oldest son the day of his wife's murder is more important than anyone realized.

Prosecutors say Jeremy Huss told them just last night about a phone conversation he had with his father in the hours before Yana Huss' body was discovered. The jury hasn't heard what Scott Huss allegedly told his son, but the judge says it's a big deal.

"It's almost a confession if you will," said Judge John Dommerich.

Huss' defense team was blindsided by the evidence.

A judge agreed to let Huss' lawyers question his oldest son tomorrow before he gives his testimony to the court. That could add to a mounting list of evidence against Scott Huss.

Read more: http://www.winknews.com/Local-Flori...er-trial-day-3-Surprise-witness#ixzz16z0MBbdv

Don't know what turned this son around, but he got to testify and pretty much stuck it to the old killer:

Husband on trial in Russian wife's murder, day 4
Posted: Dec 02, 2010 10:36 AM EST
Updated: Dec 02, 2010 10:36 AM EST

Husband on trial in Russian wife's murder, day 4CHARLOTTE COUNTY:

On the fourth day of testimony, defendant Scott Huss' 30-year-old son Jeremy took the stand.

Huss is on trial for the murder of his 31-year-old wife Yana Huss in April 2007.

[snip]

The second witness was Jeremy Huss. He said he lived with his father from the age of 15-18. He said Scott was a loving father and they had a normal relationship while he grew up.

He testified after Yana died, Scott called him and said he took care of his problem. He added he didn't know when he would see his son again, or if he would see his son again.

http://www.abc-7.com/Global/story.asp?S=13602869

Here at FFJ are the updates for the trial testimony and unfolding events of today, plus some info from Rat on the last page. Since it's likely to go to jury this afternoon and result in a verdict, IMO, as the jury won't want to come back tomorrow so we probably won't have to wait long, I don't think. The truth has come out, with a cherry on top provided by none other than Monster Scott himself, whose testimony cleary is a FU to all. The jury cannot help but see the truth of his evil heart after what he said on the stand today:

http://www.forumsforjustice.org/forums/showthread.php?t=8720&page=20

Also, this link is a great news report with great video of the testimony, including views of brave Petr back in 2007 telling the truth about how he watched Scott stab his mother repeatedly. Poor baby.

http://www.winknews.com/Local-Florida/2010-12-03/Scott-Huss-takes-the-stand-in-his-murder-trial

So keep checking back, as Rat is going to call me and let me know as soon as the verdict comes in, no matter how long it takes.

Oh, Rat just called, at 6:19 pm, and said the jury was given the choice of staying tonight and hearing closing arguments and deliberating afterwards, or coming back tomorrow. They chose to stay. So they're at supper and then back for closing arguments and then to deliberate.

As Rat said, this is good news. Though it's obviously running very late, the jury can't be anticipating a drawn out deliberation. With all the evidence, they surely can't be thinking, oh, he's innocent! So I predict the quickest verdict they're able to manage as soon as the case is handed to them.

It's going to be late, as the closing arguments have to be made and jury instructions given, then a jury foreman chosen and...oh...ONE ROUND OF VOTING, I'd guess. But as Moab said, lots of forms to fill out, etc.

But I'm waiting and Rat is going to call me, as she said she's waiting it out, too. So when she hears, I hear, and you hear.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sweetkittykat
Back