Found Deceased France - Émile S., 2, outside grandparent’s house, Le Vernet, Alpes-de-Haute-Provence, 8 July 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.
I understood it as the two teenagers "Marc" and "Romain" being related, and not that they're related to Emile's family.
Both, I believe. Cousins and related to Emile's maternal grandfather/grandmother.

One from Vernet (son of grandfather, uncle of Emile, who last saw Emile?) and the other one (16yo) with a tractor from the neighboring village (son of sister of grandpa or grandma, I have forgotten, who exactly). IMO

Last edited:
Its confusing as I dont believe that it has been said that the boy who saw him was related to him. So the old man is he related to them too or not?
As far as I remember, the teenager, who saw Emile, was related to him, mentioned from the start. It wasn't quite clear, if he was one of the young uncles of Emile, a brother of Emile's mother. Because the other children of grandpa/grandma aren't having children or not in the age of teenagers, it seems, the boy must have been an uncle of Emile.
If the old man is related also, I don't know, but I never read something about indeed being related.

"Je l'entends pleurer dans l'enclos" : Disparition d'Emile, Jessica traumatisée par un appel glaçant

An article that was posted yesterday (october 28th) states that :

"Recently, it was a young man who drives a tractor - already denounced for the dangerous driving of his agricultural machine in Haut-Vernet during the summer - who had attracted the attention of the police. After searches and interrogations, nothing led to making him a suspect."

It looks like such a beautiful place but the tensions must be at a breaking point there right now with people possibly suspecting each other.

It seems most English-speaking media has gone pretty quiet on this one (at least from what I’ve seen), a quick Google search in the ‘news’ tab was only bringing up articles from 3 months ago + one from last month regarding the lake search.
Appreciate everyone posting updated info, particularly that which has been translated as I’ve just caught up on a bunch of new information I didn’t even know was out there.

Disparition d'Émile: un proche du jeune agriculteur dénonce un "acharnement" depuis les perquisitions

A Friend of the teenage boy stated : "I know this family well, the boy is criticized for driving fast. Who at 16 years old wasn't driving fast? It's the people in the village who blame him for that (...) He is neither suspect, nor innocent. All those who criticized him here, they have done worse than him,” insists Gilles

According to Gilles, the young farmer is "annoyed" by the accusations hanging over him. "I don't understand why some in this village keep slandering him. He is annoyed, but he continues to live as before" he says.

“Some say he is a hermit, that is not true. He is very well educated unlike some children who went to school,” explains Gilles, talking about the young man who studied at home.

The fifteen investigators from the Marseille research section continue their investigations in the field. According to information from BFM DICI and BFMTV, a couple of farmers were interviewed at the end of October to check their schedule on the day of Émile's disappearance.

Disparition d'Émile: de nouvelles perquisitions menées au Vernet et autour de Digne-les-Bains

At least ten houses have been searched since Tuesday morning, November 7, in the town of Vernet (Alpes-de-Haute-Provence) and in other towns as part of investigations into the disappearance of Émile, BFMTV has learned from a source close to the investigation, confirming information from Le Parisien.

Searches were also carried out in the Digne-les-Bains sector, a source close to the matter told BFM DICI.

In total, around thirty houses were targeted by investigators. Around a hundred gendarmes are deployed for these operations. At this time, there is no suspect identified or in custody.

Gendarmes deployed in front of homes during search operations this Tuesday, November 7.

“All the houses in Haut-Vernet are searched. That of the people present in Vernet at the time of the events as well,” indicates a judicial source to BFM DICI.

This involves continuing the investigations already launched and searching the homes of people already interviewed, most of them in the investigation.

Investigators are also once again exploiting the entire digital aspect with the seizure of computers or other media, a source close to the investigation confirms to BFMTV.

It's so good to see that the police keep on searching this little boy.
But I feel like they already searched everywhere in Haut-Vernet and interviewed everyone at least once, maybe they sould extend their search perimeters ? ..

What are you guys thoughts on this ?

the fact that they are searching SO MANY properties still after this long sadly tells me they don't have much to go on. I'm surprised.
Hopefully we haven't to read in the future, that there are some people, who are contradicting themselves repeatedly in the interviews and nobody investigated further, because they are soo! decent people and have some status. I think of the case of little William Tyrrell. MOO

Some of the locations searched were located in mountainous areas. Other searches targeted the homes and vehicles of the owners of telephone lines thus detected and deemed suspicious by the gendarmes.

But one of these searches stands out from the others since it would target, according to witnesses present on site, a house located in the hamlet of Haut-Vernet just a few meters from the home of Emile's maternal family. “These are checks on individuals targeted by the investigation. There is nothing to confirm at this stage that the perpetrator is among them, but the searches may perhaps make it possible to identify a suspect,” explains a source close to the investigations.

The thirty houses in Haut-Vernet were searched, as well as around ten houses in Vernet and the surrounding communities. “They looked at cell phones and computers. In all the houses in the village,” insists this resident, somewhat worn out after four months of unsuccessful investigations to try to find the little boy.

These searches follow the analysis of the 1,600 telephones which were in the area on July 8. They especially target the people present that day in Vernet, but also in neighboring hamlets, sometimes in areas that are difficult to access, specifies Le Parisien. On site, the COMCyberGEND gendarmes, gendarmes specializing in computer data processing, were searching beginning at 6 in the morning.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AJW4966