Found Deceased France - Émile S., 2, outside grandparent’s house, Le Vernet, Alpes-de-Haute-Provence, 8 July 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.
The thirty houses in Haut-Vernet were searched, as well as around ten houses in Vernet and the surrounding communities. “They looked at cell phones and computers. In all the houses in the village,” insists this resident, somewhat worn out after four months of unsuccessful investigations to try to find the little boy.

These searches follow the analysis of the 1,600 telephones which were in the area on July 8. They especially target the people present that day in Vernet, but also in neighboring hamlets, sometimes in areas that are difficult to access, specifies Le Parisien. On site, the COMCyberGEND gendarmes, gendarmes specializing in computer data processing, were searching beginning at 6 in the morning.

The police are trying really hard. I find that reassuring.

A hundred policemen​

This new legal operation, which required the deployment of around a hundred gendarmes from the Marseille research section, would have been decided "at the end of digital and telephone investigations based in particular on geolocation data" , underlines Le Parisien . Searches would also concern vehicles.

Same source like above!

I have to say the news coverage is still pretty big on this case in France! There's a new article almost everyday. A lot of them are basically repeating the same things over and over again, but at least people talk about him, which is the best that can happen in a missing child case.
I know there are people from all over the world on wbslths, so I wanted to ask you guys if this had any coverage in your country ?
I feel there's a possibility that Émile was taken to another country, probably close to France, so his face need to be seen outside the national border

Ohhh and also I have to say : I feel like there are many people in France that went missing this year, I mean, more than usual .. or maybe it's just more in the news than before ?? Idk I got a weird feeling
For example there's a 15 yrs old that went missing some weeks ago (I think her name is Lina) in Strasbourg. Also there's actually an another missing teenage girl in "L'Oise"

Ohhh and also I have to say : I feel like there are many people in France that went missing this year, I mean, more than usual .. or maybe it's just more in the news than before ?? Idk I got a weird feeling
For example there's a 15 yrs old that went missing some weeks ago (I think her name is Lina) in Strasbourg. Also there's actually an another missing teenage girl in "L'Oise"
And there's also a 27 yrs old qualified as "endangered missing" from Maine-et-Loire

I have to say the news coverage is still pretty big on this case in France! There's a new article almost everyday. A lot of them are basically repeating the same things over and over again, but at least people talk about him, which is the best that can happen in a missing child case.
I know there are people from all over the world on wbslths, so I wanted to ask you guys if this had any coverage in your country ?
I feel there's a possibility that Émile was taken to another country, probably close to France, so his face need to be seen outside the national border
In GER there is coverage of the case. I think: more than usual.
Google translation:
Two-year-old Émile has been missing for almost three months. An important witness has given investigators a new clue.

Surprising new clues in the case of the missing Émile in France: An important witness who claims to have seen the two-year-old boy shortly before his disappearance in the Alpine village of Le Vernet has recently changed his statement to the police. He no longer wants to see the boy alone on a valley road, but with his grandfather.

The man was one of two witnesses who claimed to have seen Émile, who had been missing for almost three months, shortly before his disappearance on a valley road in Le Vernet. An older witness had explained that Émile had walked up the street to his grandparents' house. The other, younger witness explained that Émile, on the other hand, ran towards the center of the village. His grandfather is said to have been nearby.

According to the younger witness's statement, there was criticism of the man. It was questioned why he did not call the police when he saw the boy alone on the road towards the village. “I didn’t call the police because he wasn’t alone. His grandfather was chopping wood about ten meters away from him. He was close to him,” the man told the French television station “BFMTV.”

In Belgium it’s very frequently in the newspapers, sometimes even a few times a week, with a good, clear, big picture of him.

In GER there is coverage of the case. I think: more than usual.
Google translation:
Two-year-old Émile has been missing for almost three months. An important witness has given investigators a new clue.

Surprising new clues in the case of the missing Émile in France: An important witness who claims to have seen the two-year-old boy shortly before his disappearance in the Alpine village of Le Vernet has recently changed his statement to the police. He no longer wants to see the boy alone on a valley road, but with his grandfather.

The man was one of two witnesses who claimed to have seen Émile, who had been missing for almost three months, shortly before his disappearance on a valley road in Le Vernet. An older witness had explained that Émile had walked up the street to his grandparents' house. The other, younger witness explained that Émile, on the other hand, ran towards the center of the village. His grandfather is said to have been nearby.

According to the younger witness's statement, there was criticism of the man. It was questioned why he did not call the police when he saw the boy alone on the road towards the village. “I didn’t call the police because he wasn’t alone. His grandfather was chopping wood about ten meters away from him. He was close to him,” the man told the French television station “BFMTV.”

In Belgium it’s very frequently in the newspapers, sometimes even a few times a week, with a good, clear, big picture of him.
Good to hear!! This might help the investigation in some way and could maybe provide some witnesses

RSBM

I live in Illinois, USA. I personally have not seen any coverage of Émile's disappearance here. I use the Newsbreak app and first saw a story about Émile there and started following here. I haven't seen any coverage outside those 2 places JMO

There isn't much coming up in the UK press or news channels

Another article, Nov 10th 2023, again Google translation:
PART of the article:
Émile from France is still missing - now a young farmer and his cousin are being targeted
“The grandfather believed that work had been carried out outside his house. He yelled at my cousin early in the morning and even woke me up. This is not the first time. He shouts at everyone,” the cousin, who lives next to his grandfather’s land, told the French broadcaster. The man would like to remain anonymous and is therefore referred to by BFM DICI under the pseudonym Marc. Marc further claimed that his cousin - the young farmer - did not respond to the argument during the confrontation and instead fled into the house. The cousins then went to a pasture together to milk cows.

I haven't really paid attention to this case, so catching up atm. The above is in the UK press today

I haven't really paid attention to this case, so catching up atm. The above is in the UK press today
Reading that, with use of Google Translate, reminds me heavily of the Dylan Rounds case.

Google translation:
Police comment after search in the case of missing Émile – grandparents in focus
November 10, 2023, 3:52 p.m
In the case of the missing Émile from France, the French police have commented for the first time on the major search operation in several departments at the beginning of the week. The searches affected several residents of the French Alpine village of Le Vernet, where the two-year-old boy disappeared in early July. The Émiles family's properties were also searched.

Investigators confirmed searches in six départements, including Alpes-de-Haute-Provence, Bouches-du-Rhône, Alpes-Maritimes and Loire. Apartments and houses in western France and near Paris were also searched. The French police combed through two houses that belong to the grandparents of the missing Émile. This is not the first time that they have been targeted by investigators.
There is more ....

Google translation:

Most recently, the investigators examined the statements of two witnesses who saw Émile shortly before his disappearance. A witness claims to have seen the boy near his grandfather. He is said to have walked down the street towards the town center. Another witness, however, explained that Émile ran up the mountain - to a cliff where he often played with his uncles and aunts.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LittleAnimalGirl