GA GA - Atlanta, WhtMale 20-30, 178UMGA, hit by car on I-75, Virgo tattoo, Jul'95 - Steven Shelton

So does that mean he's probably been cross checked with this Doe? I'm sorry, I'm not sure if he has DNA or fingerprints available. I mostly read about cases on here and this is one of the only ones I've really dove into over the years.

You know, I can't remember off the top of my head whether our guy here has DNA or not. I'll have to look that up tomorrow.

Cross-checking is supposed to be automatic, but it doesn't always happen that way. And he hasn't been listed in any of the databases for very long.

You know, I can't remember off the top of my head whether our guy here has DNA or not. I'll have to look that up tomorrow.

Cross-checking is supposed to be automatic, but it doesn't always happen that way. And he hasn't been listed in any of the databases for very long.
Thanks! Please keep me updated with what you find. ❤️

I have never reported a tip or anything so I am unsure how to do so. However I really do believe that this could be him. If anyone with more knowledge would like to submit this for me, even if it could be a longshot, I would be thankful. Or maybe someone could guide me in the right direction of who I can submit this to.
Hey there!! I wanted to share this link with you so hopefully you’ll become more comfortable submitting potential matches on your own. I’ve always been intimidated to do so, but this has been a convenient way for me to submit. I encourage you to send in any matches you feel strongly about!! Please let me know if I can help in any way. :)

Potential Match Submission To Panel

Thanks! Please keep me updated with what you find. ❤️

According to DoeNetwork 178UMGA he does have DNA, so presumably a match will be considered eventually. Could be a few months, though, considering how recently Vargo was added.

I'd suggest submitting it to the Doenetwork panel, at the link @MadMcGoo posted (she may be mad but she's really good :D) as well as mentioning it on Vargo's Facebook page. The more I look at it, the more I think its a possibility.

Hey there!! I wanted to share this link with you so hopefully you’ll become more comfortable submitting potential matches on your own. I’ve always been intimidated to do so, but this has been a convenient way for me to submit. I encourage you to send in any matches you feel strongly about!! Please let me know if I can help in any way. :)

Potential Match Submission To Panel
Thank you so much!

According to DoeNetwork 178UMGA he does have DNA, so presumably a match will be considered eventually. Could be a few months, though, considering how recently Vargo was added.

I'd suggest submitting it to the Doenetwork panel, at the link @MadMcGoo posted (she may be mad but she's really good :D) as well as mentioning it on Vargo's Facebook page. The more I look at it, the more I think its a possibility.
Thanks so much for letting me know. I'll look into submitting it through the link once I get the little one down for her nap.

I went ahead and started to submit through the link, but Brian does not have a Doe Network profile yet and it says I need the ID to his profile and link. I also do not have Facebook so I am unable to post on the Facebook page. I'm unsure of what to do now.

Last edited:
I posted this on another thread for another Unidentified Grateful Dead Fan, but wanted to post here also for those who may not have visted other thread.
Here is another grateful dead fan that was killed in an auto accident and was unidentified...
178UMGA
when you go to this page scroll to the bottom and click on
source information: FCMEO
then click on Press Items, then scroll down to click on Pre-2003 UID cases,
then click on the
COLD cases, then just scroll down until you see pic
96-1115, if you right click on the pic you can save and then pull it up to zoom in ... I am not telling you this to be morbid but it is an actual pic of him and better to compare to....
1183DMMD - Donald Lee Izzett, Jr.
I think this resemblance is unbelievable!!! And if you notice the height of both is exactly 6'2 , the weight you cannot compare because the unidentified was in the hospital for a year.... I don't know why they did not put his weight for when he arrived at the hospital? If you notice it also says tattoos were recent so he could have gotten them since he left. Also David's missing poster says he travelled throughout numerous different states, California, Mississippi, Louisiana, Florida and Canada. So he could have been in Ga.

Anyway looking for some feedback from all of you!!!
hold on, why dont we have a photo of one of the tattoos? the one with the globe and the letters. i just requested his death record from grady hospital to see what time he was found and more details. its not clear to me if it was dark outside but im assuming it was. im not sure if im looking at the right map but the street he was crossing didnt seem like it would get busy enough to kill him. it could have changed over time, though. also, why did they leave all his belongings at the scene? its clear to me that he wouldnt have just been walking across the street naked. he was found at 85 pounds. i think he was a mix of homeless and addicted to drugs. by looking into symptoms and physical signs, i think he might have been on heroin or opioids. it sounded more like opioids, though. in the photos of the body he has some green/yellow-ish discoloration on his chest. i think he broke a rib and it punctured his lung because that causes that green or yellow discoloration. i think they ignored this case a little because police tend to write off cases that involve addicts and homeless. its sad but i feel like this needs to be brought back into light. i brought this to the dna doe project and they did try to help, but whoever is in charge of the case isnt paying attention.

hold on, why dont we have a photo of one of the tattoos? the one with the globe and the letters. i just requested his death record from grady hospital to see what time he was found and more details. its not clear to me if it was dark outside but im assuming it was. im not sure if im looking at the right map but the street he was crossing didnt seem like it would get busy enough to kill him. it could have changed over time, though. also, why did they leave all his belongings at the scene? its clear to me that he wouldnt have just been walking across the street naked. he was found at 85 pounds. i think he was a mix of homeless and addicted to drugs. by looking into symptoms and physical signs, i think he might have been on heroin or opioids. it sounded more like opioids, though. in the photos of the body he has some green/yellow-ish discoloration on his chest. i think he broke a rib and it punctured his lung because that causes that green or yellow discoloration. i think they ignored this case a little because police tend to write off cases that involve addicts and homeless. its sad but i feel like this needs to be brought back into light. i brought this to the dna doe project and they did try to help, but whoever is in charge of the case isnt paying attention.
Interstate 75 through Atlanta is a very busy highway and cars would have been traveling fast unless it was rush hour (and it was "late at night"). it is easy to see why a car hit would be fatal.
As for the weight, the 85 lbs. was after the victim had been hospitalized for a year. I'm sure the original weight would have been greater.
Sadly, people are hit and killed crossing interstate highways in Atlanta somewhat regularly. The interstates are wide and an overpass may not be convenient.
This area, even back then, would have been fairly well lit at dark.

Here is the death report from Fulton County. The info about his admission from Grady would be protected information, unless the police chose to release any of it. As he passed almost a year after he was hit by the car, a lot of the autopsy report and photos are more informative about what happened in that year, versus his condition when he arrived.

It seems to be somewhat common for an accident victim's clothing to be left behind during emergency treatment. The first responders are concerned with getting to the victim's chest or wound or whatever, and they just rip or cut the clothing away. We have several other similar cases in the unidentified forum.

It seems to be somewhat common for an accident victim's clothing to be left behind during emergency treatment. The first responders are concerned with getting to the victim's chest or wound or whatever, and they just rip or cut the clothing away. We have several other similar cases in the unidentified forum.
After my car accident several years ago, my clothes were cut off me when I got to the ER. Back then, our local amublance service was only a secure ride to the hospital, they performed very little medical treatment on site, other than take vitals and ask me questions like what day it was.

After my car accident several years ago, my clothes were cut off me when I got to the ER. Back then, our local amublance service was only a secure ride to the hospital, they performed very little medical treatment on site, other than take vitals and ask me questions like what day it was.

Yeah, I assume that practices vary widely depending on the area and the crew and all the rest.

And I assume that clothing/belongings being misplaced like that is probably relatively pretty rare.

wait, are we looking for a white zombie fan for sure? because the lifestyle associated with white zombie is unfortunate no matter how good the music is. i think he was for sure some sort of addict. i feel bad because the case didnt get much coverage because they forgot he was a human. from looking at dentals, weight, hair growth- etc. i can for sure rule out meth because it would have thinned out his hair that looked pretty healthy. my best guess is lsd. it can cause a SEVERE loss of appetite and thrill seeking behavior and if hes crossing busy highways and going to raves he was for sure living something crazy. opioids can cause weight loss because it can cause people to skip meals, and sometimes not eating until they remember that they havent eaten. i dont know though, because usually opioid addicts dont care enough to do much because thats the whole point of the drug. lethargy. neither of these drugs do anything to hair. i have a feeling he was, god bless his heart, homeless. he could have only been keeping himself alive from drug money. im not sure of any of this but it just seems so logical.

wait, are we looking for a white zombie fan for sure? because the lifestyle associated with white zombie is unfortunate no matter how good the music is. i think he was for sure some sort of addict. i feel bad because the case didnt get much coverage because they forgot he was a human. from looking at dentals, weight, hair growth- etc. i can for sure rule out meth because it would have thinned out his hair that looked pretty healthy. my best guess is lsd. it can cause a SEVERE loss of appetite and thrill seeking behavior and if hes crossing busy highways and going to raves he was for sure living something crazy. opioids can cause weight loss because it can cause people to skip meals, and sometimes not eating until they remember that they havent eaten. i dont know though, because usually opioid addicts dont care enough to do much because thats the whole point of the drug. lethargy. neither of these drugs do anything to hair. i have a feeling he was, god bless his heart, homeless. he could have only been keeping himself alive from drug money. im not sure of any of this but it just seems so logical.
You don't know that this person was underweight when they were found. All that is known is that they were underweight after a year of languishing in the hospital.

You don't know that this person was underweight when they were found. All that is known is that they were underweight after a year of languishing in the hospital.
i guess i just assumed that he would get some sort of calorie intake at the hospital. im really new to my investigation program, im not sure how it works. but i feel like he wouldnt have been that heavy in the first place because it would be hard for someone 6'0-6'2 at a healthy weight to drop to 85 pounds within a year at the hospital stay. can someone help me with that understanding?

Here is the death report from Fulton County. The info about his admission from Grady would be protected information, unless the police chose to release any of it. As he passed almost a year after he was hit by the car, a lot of the autopsy report and photos are more informative about what happened in that year, versus his condition when he arrived.
good news- i did get ahold of grady. surprisingly, they are just giving me a lot of info or at least offering it up. i think they're giving me some info on admission but it wouldn't be a shocker if they gave over more detail than im expecting. but, either way im pleasantly surprised. im assuming its because its an old case that really hasnt been touched in a while. ive really been working with fulton county specifically and they are pretty helpful. for a lack of better words, i love it.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sheepranch
Back